Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Coaching Changes

40 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

The Colts and the Cardinals still have head coach vacancies.

Making my prediction on Cardinals wanting Bieniemy and Colts wanting Steichen.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Wait till Payton finds out that Wilson is uncoachable 😊

That's certainly possible or Wilson could just be washed up, but this is probably the best-case coaching hire for Wilson's fantasy prospects - potential late-round league winner if things click.

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

:lol:

Will still be chasing the Chiefs

4 hours ago, Showboat said:

That's certainly possible or Wilson could just be washed up, but this is probably the best-case coaching hire for Wilson's fantasy prospects - potential late-round league winner if things click.

agreed.  one thing I noticed about Wilson, is hes really packed on the weight since he was a younger lad in this league.    So I have had my questions whether the mobility that made him such a prized player is still there.   That was a feature that made him great (back when he was great).   I do think that if if he cannot succeed here now under Payton, his career may effectively be over.

I cant see a lesser coach saying they can coach him better.   and I dont see too many coaches I would consider to be on par or better than he is.

7 hours ago, Showboat said:

League winner? I think he’s seen better days.  He might be better next season, but he would be moving up from awful.  

15 hours ago, League Champion said:

Wait till Payton finds out that Wilson is uncoachable 😊

Schoolyard football is back! 

13 hours ago, Showboat said:

That's certainly possible or Wilson could just be washed up

Both

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's certainly possible or Wilson could just be washed up

possible.   he started out as a running QB and transitioned to a pocket passer as he got older.

Running QB seem to have far shorter careers than pocket passers. 

given the number of hits he took when he was a running QB its possible his career may be near the end.   

Granted the usual sign of that is multiple injuries which have not been that much of an issue so far.

not sure what else to say.

57 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

possible.   he started out as a running QB and transitioned to a pocket passer as he got older.

Running QB seem to have far shorter careers than pocket passers. 

given the number of hits he took when he was a running QB its possible his career may be near the end.   

Granted the usual sign of that is multiple injuries which have not been that much of an issue so far.

not sure what else to say.

He's a 1 read QB which is fine when you're young, elusive and playing schoolyard football. You can't ask Wilson to do too much, if Payton can dummy it down a bit and simplifies his progressions then they'll be fine. 

I doubt that's going to happen. 

6 hours ago, League Champion said:

He's a 1 read QB which is fine when you're young, elusive and playing schoolyard football. You can't ask Wilson to do too much, if Payton can dummy it down a bit and simplifies his progressions then they'll be fine. 

I doubt that's going to happen. 

one way or another, I think we are about to find out.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:19 PM, LaChup said:

Only coach to get fired for winning.

Do you remember this one:

Schottenheimer, 63, led the Chargers to a 14-2 record last season — the best in the NFL — but he was fired over what Chargers president Dean Spanos felt was a "dysfunctional" relationship between the head coach and general manager A.J. Smith.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/marty-schottenheimer-fired-by-chargers-1.643902

The most baffling coaching change to date:

Former Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Todd Downing was hired as New York Jets passing game coordinator Monday, Feb. 13.

They hired the offensive coordinator from a team that runs the ball 80% of the time (and hasn't had a dangerous passing game in a decade) as the Jets' PASSING GAME COORDINATOR!  

But the Ravens and their run-first QB look like they may be trying to top that nonsense by kicking the tires on Air Raid coach Kliff Kingsbury for their new Offensive Coordinator!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It's kind of like the Peter Principle in action, except instead of being promoted, these guys are each taking a step down the coaching ladder.

Isn't Kingsbury, neck deep in Thai hostesses right now?  How is he going to interview for an OC job?  

31 minutes ago, nobody said:

Isn't Kingsbury, neck deep in Thai hostesses right now?  How is he going to interview for an OC job?  

He interviewed for the Texans OC job the other day, haven't heard anything since.... 

Schotty's son getting the Dallas gig is a vomit move.... word is McCarthy will call the plays but still, look at who Brian Schottenheimer's offenses have been and where they have finished in offensive rankings.  Puke.  

Todd Monken taking the Raven's OC job is interesting....  

Cardinals are going to have another top 10 overall pick in the 2024 draft.... 

So does that mean we get a third?

Imagine you're an offensive coordinator dreaming that you have Patrick Mahomes as your quarterback. And then you wake up, and it's Sam Howell.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Imagine you're an offensive coordinator dreaming that you have Patrick Mahomes as your quarterback. And then you wake up, and it's Sam Howell.

😂

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Hey, at one point Sam Howell was considered to be the best QB in that class and a top 10 pick.
I'm not saying he's gonna be Mahomes, but give the guy a chance

11 hours ago, polecatt said:

Hey, at one point Sam Howell was considered to be the best QB in that class and a top 10 pick.

Assuming Howell plays for 20 years and leads his team to 15+ Super Bowl wins, he will be better than Mahomes.

12 hours ago, polecatt said:

Limited skill set, Mitch Trubiski 2.0 maybe a hair better if everything goes well. 

11 hours ago, League Champion said:

Limited skill set, Mitch Trubiski 2.0 maybe a hair better if everything goes well. 

You're just saying that because they went to the same university 😂

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

You're just saying that because they went to the same university 😂

Where was Howell drafted? And where was Trubiski drafted? The skillset speaks for itself 

Brady was a 6th round pick. 

50 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Jim Bob Cooter, sounds like a Nascar driver not an OC. 

Lol right.  

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

No surprise here:

What was the reason for not bringing back Bieniemy?  Did he want more control of the offense so he turned down an extension and chose to leave?

Nagy is no Jim Bob Cooter.