MLB 2023

1 minute ago, edjr said:

WHAT'S IN THE BOX???  

Not Manny Machado

Yeah Fock him. He did exactly what the rule is intended to stop. I blame Nomah

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah Fock him. He did exactly what the rule is intended to stop. I blame Nomah

Totally started it, or was right there. 

Red Sox start with Orioles and Pirates 1 and 4 if not for a dropped pop fly with 2 outs in the 9th

6.40 team era :overhead: 

48 minutes ago, edjr said:

Totally started it, or was right there. 

Nomar wasn't the issue and not the blame...  His ritual maybe took five seconds tops and he didn't adventure from the box at all (maybe one step back)...  Two taps on his feet and he was ready to go...  Yeah it was a superstition, but the time of game average was still under three hours...

Just now, posty said:

Nomar wasn't the issue and not the blame...  His ritual maybe took five seconds tops and he didn't adventure from the box at all (maybe one step back)...  Two taps on his feet and he was ready to go...  Yeah it was a superstition, but the time of game average was still under three hours...

I watched his whole career. Waste of time. 

Swept by the Pirates. :lol:    Henry, please sell the team you piece of rubbish.

22 hours ago, edjr said:

I watched his whole career. Waste of time. 

He did that crap before every pitch. It was tedious to watch. Knoblauch was no bargain either. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He did that crap before every pitch. It was tedious to watch. Knoblauch was no bargain either. 

I hated it at the time. We all talked about it all the time. 

Dude was a lock for the HOF and then I don't know WTF happened. 

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

I hated it at the time. We all talked about it all the time. 

Dude was a lock for the HOF and then I don't know WTF happened. 

I guess the perception was he was a “me” player. They don’t win with him in 2004. Cabrera played great. I was shocked when they let him walk the next year. 

The royals just announced a retirement party for Lorenzo Cain on May 6, which I already happened to have tickets to.   Man, he was a fun player to watch during the Royals run. 

7 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The royals just announced a retirement party for Lorenzo Cain on May 6, which I already happened to have tickets to.   Man, he was a fun player to watch during the Royals run. 

Darn... Glad I am missing it...

On 2/25/2023 at 3:36 PM, cmh6476 said:

But also royals 1-0

How did that work out?

Corey seager looks like he might have suffered a pretty serious hamstring injury running you second base on what was likely going to be a triple, earlier. 

And aroldis Chapman looks like the good aroldis of old. 

I was surprised the Twins dumped Arraez the AL batting champ for 2 years of Pablo Lopez

Dude is on an absolute heater so far and hit for the cycle today, 1st in Marlins history

Tampa Bay Rays just became the 2nd team in baseball history to start the season 13-0 (1987 Brewers).  One more and they own the record!!!

I'm going out on a limb and predicting a final record of 161-1 (lose final game).

Go Rays!  :banana:

8 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Tampa Bay Rays just became the 2nd team in baseball history to start the season 13-0 (1987 Brewers).  One more and they own the record!!!

I'm going out on a limb and predicting a final record of 161-1 (lose final game).

Wrong, third team...  The 1982 Braves started 13-0 as well...

Of course it helps that they have played the Tigers (69.5 projected wins), Nationals (59) and Athletics (59.5) to help it along...  Of course, you still have to win the games, no matter how much easier they are...

Richard Blier (whoever the fock that is)

9 pitches 4 ER + 2 inherited runners to score allowed :lol: 

Good day at the office. 

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Richard Blier (whoever the fock that is)

9 pitches 4 ER + 2 inherited runners to score allowed :lol: 

Good day at the office. 

Actually it was 13 pitches, not nine...  The nine were for strikes...

On 4/12/2023 at 12:14 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I was surprised the Twins dumped Arraez the AL batting champ for 2 years of Pablo Lopez

Dude is on an absolute heater so far and hit for the cycle today, 1st in Marlins history

Pohlads are cheap focks is why. 

42 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Your pitchers have been nails.  It makes me wonder if there is simply some correlation in what they are teaching and coaching since the Royals hired from the Rays coaching tree, and after abysmal season after abysmal season of pitching for the royals, with most of the same guys we now see this happening:

31 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Your pitchers have been nails. 

The Rays are also playing crappy teams that are trotting out AAA lineups at the moment...  Of course they should be putting up solid numbers...

They still have been really good, but the competition doesn't have the talent...

Javier Baez worst contract on MLB history?   So far looking that way

Tigers will be lucky to win 60 games.  My god they are bad

Red Sox 8 games back in the AL East :first: 

15 hours ago, posty said:

The Rays are also playing crappy teams that are trotting out AAA lineups at the moment...  Of course they should be putting up solid numbers...

They still have been really good, but the competition doesn't have the talent...

The Rays have 13 wins... the 4 teams they've swept, have a combined 14 wins.  LOL

21 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

They probably said second team in American League history...

Also, if they get to 14 wins, it will be the longest streak in the modern era, but not in professional baseball...

The 1998-99 Yankees won 12 straight post season games. Now that’s a streak! 

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Rays have 13 wins... the 4 teams they've swept, have a combined 14 wins.  LOL

The teams the beat aren't the league's best, but partly why they have 14 wins is because Tampa stole 13 wins from them.

So if Tampa had lost those games, people would say they suck because they lost to bad teams. And when they sweep em, it's because they're bad teams. No win situation.

Reminds me of Jay Gruden (who I dislike) when people said "he only won that SuperBowl with the Bucs because he had Tony Dungy's players."  So, if he'd missed the playoffs it'd be because he sucks... and when he wins the SuperBowl it's only because of Dungy's players. That's ridiculous. Gotta credit where it's due.

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The 1998-99 Yankees won 12 straight post season games. Now that’s a streak! 

They have gone 13 years without winning. Much more impressive streak.

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

They have gone 13 years without winning. Much more impressive streak.

Let me know when they go from 1918-2004. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let me know when they go from 1918-2004. 

Always the past with Yankees fans. 1 in 23.  Stop. Sound like Montreal Canadien Fans. Gross. 

Just now, edjr said:

Always the past with Yankees fans. 1 in 23.  Stop. Sound like Montreal Canadien Fans. Gross. 

That must have been fun waiting for that World Series. People lived full, complete lives without seeing one. 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

I was thinking the same thing...  Yankees and Habs fans always live in the past, they have nothing else...

8 minutes ago, posty said:

I was thinking the same thing...  Yankees and Habs fans always live in the past, they have nothing else...

Even the Royals have won it all in the last decade.

Just now, edjr said:

I’d rather have my 7 in my life than your 4. So would you. Facial! 

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

:pointstosky:

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

The teams the beat aren't the league's best, but partly why they have 14 wins is because Tampa stole 13 wins from them.

So if Tampa had lost those games, people would say they suck because they lost to bad teams. And when they sweep em, it's because they're bad teams. No win situation.

Reminds me of Jay Gruden (who I dislike) when people said "he only won that SuperBowl with the Bucs because he had Tony Dungy's players."  So, if he'd missed the playoffs it'd be because he sucks... and when he wins the SuperBowl it's only because of Dungy's players. That's ridiculous. Gotta credit where it's due.

Fear not, I wasn't criticizing, I was just stating a fact.  Good teams win games they're supposed to win and the Rays are doing that.  Props to them.  The good thing about the league this year is that every MLB team will be playing the same teams.  Yeah, they beat Boston, Detroit, Oakland, and Washington, but so will everyone else.  How many of the other teams in the league are going to go 13-0 against that group?

To note, that was Jon Gruden, not Jay.  Also, Brooks, Sapp, & John Lynch were Sam Wyche's guys, not Dungy's.  A lot of people conveniently forget that.

Tony Dungy first ballot HOF. How long will Tom Coughlin have to wait? 

Stanton on the DL after getting hurt running out a double. Not sliding, not crashing into the wall, not on a collision at the plate, just running. And he’s gonna be here for  a while. Fockin Cashman, just can’t resist the shiny object. Jeter really focked him good on that one.