Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2023

9 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I like you, Posty butΒ 

πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•

12 wins in a row for the Cincinnati Reds and the first cycle since the original 44, Eric Davis in 1989.Β 

Hank Aaron wore 44.Β 

15 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I like you, Posty butΒ 

πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•

12 wins in a row for the Cincinnati Reds and the first cycle since the original 44, Eric Davis in 1989.Β 

Ha, well like I said, the Reds need to show that they are ready for prime time...Β  Sure looked like a team to cause issues if they make the playoffs...

They are clicking for sure right now...

What’s up with these oven mitts when a guy gets on base?

47 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What’s up with these oven mitts when a guy gets on base?

Not new

Elly just stole 2nd, 3rd, then home. I don’t think Rickey’s record will ever be broken, but nice to see this type of baseball again.Β 

Bobby Witt Jr just went deep for aΒ Home Run - he has a single, triple and home run so far, in the 7th inning.Β  Royals have the longest drought in the majors of not having a player hit for the cycle.Β  Although I think hitting for the cycle is completely overrated.

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Bobby Witt Jr just went deep for aΒ Home Run - he has a single, triple and home run so far, in the 7th inning.Β  Royals have the longest drought in the majors of not having a player hit for the cycle.Β  Although I think hitting for the cycle is completely overrated.

I’m the same. I’d rather see a pitcher take a no-no into the late innings than hope a guy gets a double in his last AB

14 hours ago, Gepetto said:

If a Red Sox player hits for the Cycle. Anyone bought that furniture from Jordan's Furniture get its free.

They had the same promotion in 2007, if the Red Sox swept the World Series. Insurance company got crushed.Β 

I know that there are 65-70 games left in the regular season, and anything can happen during the last two-and-a-half months, but you have to love to see the Mets at 43-50 and 18.5 games out of division lead (and 8.5 in the wild card)...

8 minutes ago, posty said:

I know that there are 65-70 games left in the regular season, and anything can happen during the last two-and-a-half months, but you have to love to see the Mets at 43-50 and 18.5 games out of division lead (and 8.5 in the wild card)...

On a dollar for dollar basis-Bonilla is one of the most effective players they have!

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

On a dollar for dollar basis-Bonilla is one of the most effective players they have!

🀣

13 minutes ago a friend who works for espn posted "BigΒ baseball trade coming? Stay tuned..."

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

13 minutes ago a friend who works for espn posted "BigΒ baseball trade coming? Stay tuned..."

Β My guess it’s Verlander or Scherzer

• Like 1

Mets and Rangers have a deal for Max Scherzer, IF Scherzer waived his no-trade clause.

Β 

A Verlander trade would pose the same logistical challenges as the one for Scherzer. In order to receive worthwhile prospects back, the Mets would have to cover a significant portion of the salary remaining on Verlander’s deal. Like Scherzer, he is set to make $43.3 million next season. Unlike Scherzer, Verlander has a conditional player option for $35 million in 2025 that vests if he throws 140 innings next season.

That means he could have as much as $93 million left on his deal. The Mets covered more than 60 percent of the money remaining on Scherzer’s deal to land one consensus top-100 prospect in Luisangel AcuΓ±a.

Β 

The Mets are paying more for Scherzer next year than the Rangers. Some smooth negotiators on that club.

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The Mets are paying more for Scherzer next year than the Rangers. Some smooth negotiators on that club.

Doesn't surprise me...Β  The Mets wanted to get something for Scherzer since he probably was going to opt out of his contract...Β  So the Mets needed something in return and offered to pay all of his salary...Β  Verlander will be the same way...

On 7/31/2023 at 1:58 PM, posty said:

Doesn't surprise me...Β  The Mets wanted to get something for Scherzer since he probably was going to opt out of his contract...Β  So the Mets needed something in return and offered to pay all of his salary...Β  Verlander will be the same way...

Sources: Houston Astros acquiring Justin Verlander from Mets

And he's gone...I can't imagine how much stuff a person could buy just from the money the Mets are going to give to other teams to pay their starters.Β 

So basically the Mets are paying up to $93mm for the top prospect in the Astros farm system and throwing in Verlander for free.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

So basically the Mets are paying up to $93mm for the top prospect in the Astros farm system and throwing in Verlander for free.

Marisa Tomei playing all Mets fans, Joe Pesci is Billy Eppler.Β 

Β 

Mad Max is first player in sports to be paid by 3 teams at the same time.Β 

Nationals 15 million

Mets 28 million

Rangers 15 million

Β 

Crazy

50 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Mad Max is first player in sports to be paid by 3 teams at the same time.Β 

Nationals 15 million

Mets 28 million

Rangers 15 million

Β 

Crazy

Link that he is the only one?

31 minutes ago, posty said:

Nope. Heard it on sports radio. Be my guest if you want to fact check it.Β 

:overhead:Cincinnati RedsΒ 

42 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Nope. Heard it on sports radio. Be my guest if you want to fact check it.Β 

What station?Β  Maybe they have a link there...

I just want to read the article...

Watching Mets Royals and I do not know one Royals batter in starting lineup.Β 
That and I can’t believe Zack is 1-11. What happened? He sucks ? No run support ?

Wow.Β 

3 hours ago, posty said:

I googled it and you can too. Turns out from what I see only pro athlete to receive 15 million from 3 separate teams in one year. Links go back to someone on Twitter and I don’t know how to link that.Β 

Your welcome.Β 

15 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Watching Mets Royals and I do not know one Royals batter in starting lineup.Β 
That and I can’t believe Zack is 1-11. What happened? He sucks ? No run support ?

Wow.Β 

Salvy? Bobby witt?

14 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Salvy? Bobby witt?

Nope. They mentioned Witt JR is the teams future. But never heard of him.Β 

Just now, TommyGavin said:

Nope. They mentioned Witt JR is the teams future. But never heard of him.Β 

He’s been underwhelming in his two years. Lots of hype, has yet to emerge to the superstar that was claimed he was.Β 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s been underwhelming in his two years. Lots of hype, has yet to emerge to the superstar that was claimed he was.Β 

He just turned 23, and only spent 161 games in the minors and was setback initially with covid.Β  He's on a Royals record setting pace with home runs and stolen bases and playing a premiere defensive position very well.Β  Β I'd say he is working out just fine at this point.Β  Β It's the rest of the team that's azz.

22 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

He just turned 23, and only spent 161 games in the minors and was setback initially with covid.Β  He's on a Royals record setting pace with home runs and stolen bases and playing a premiere defensive position very well.Β  Β I'd say he is working out just fine at this point.Β  Β It's the rest of the team that's azz.

Underwhelming.Β