Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2023

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Mike Stanton to the DL...  No shock there at all...

Mike Stanton going on the DL would be very shocking. Moron. 

59 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mike Stanton going on the DL would be very shocking. Moron. 

I still call him Mike too 😐  Like I never changed calling Joey Belle, Joey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I still call him Mike too 😐  Like I never changed calling Joey Belle, Joey. 

LOL...  So easy to trigger HT...  I knew calling him Mike would do it...

Clayton Kershaw gets his 200th career win by defeating the Mets with seven strong innings...

He becomes the 121st player to have 200 career victories...

Red Sox have had 4 catchers interference called the past 2 games (in their favor). I think they are cheating.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Red Sox have had 4 catchers interference called the past 2 games (in their favor). I think they are cheating.

LOL

The 2023 royals might possibly be the worst team ever in the history of major league baseball. 

6 hours ago, edjr said:

They just listened well to their little league coaches and stand at the very back of the box. 

16 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The 2023 royals might possibly be the worst team ever in the history of major league baseball. 

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders were 20-134 (.130)...  The Royals are bad, but won't be Spider bad...

33 minutes ago, posty said:

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders were 20-134 (.130)...  The Royals are bad, but won't be Spider bad...

Us and the A's really aren't that far off that pace :bench:

Corey Klobbered - 0 and 4 with a 8.50 ERA

PLEASE FIRE CHAIM BLOOM!

On 1/10/2023 at 3:54 PM, cmh6476 said:

Kris Bubic

TJ forthcoming...

Looks like Bryan Reynolds is going to be a Pirate for a while...  Good for him and the Pirates...

Bryan Reynolds extension: Pirates lock up outfielder on eight-year, $106 million deal after messy negotiations

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/bryan-reynolds-extension-pirates-lock-up-outfielder-on-eight-year-106-million-deal-after-messy-negotiations/

The Pittsburgh Pirates and switch-hitting outfielder Bryan Reynolds have agreed to an eight-year extension worth more than $106 million, according to Robert Murray of FanSided. The contract includes a club option for the 2031 season, as well as no-trade protections for Reynolds. It does not include an opt-out, CBS Sports HQ has confirmed.

Reynolds' pact eclipses teammate Ke'Bryan Hayes' extension for the most guaranteed money in Pirates franchise history. Hayes, Pittsburgh's starting third baseman, signed an eight-year deal worth $70 million in April 2022.

Reynolds, 28, has begun his fifth big-league season hitting .294/.319/.553 (136 OPS+) with five home runs and three stolen bases in 22 games. His contributions have been worth an estimated 0.5 Wins Above Replacement, according to Baseball Reference's calculations. For his career, he's batted .282/.359/.484 (128 OPS+) with 79 home runs and 19 stolen bases.

Reynolds and the Pirates had reportedly been discussing an extension for some time, though the two had clashed over a possible opt-out clause. At any rate, this represents a remarkable turnaround given that Reynolds had requested a trade from the Pirates back in December. Clearly the two sides were able to work past their problems and find enough common ground to strike a deal.

The Pirates originally acquired Reynolds from the San Francisco Giants in 2018 in a trade sent Andrew McCutchen out west. McCutchen, of course, is now teammates with Reynolds, having rejoined Pittsburgh over the offseason.

Reynolds' extension is the latest highlight in what's proven to be a great month of baseball for the Pirates. They entered Tuesday with a 16-7 record, good for first place in the National League Central. Their plus-25 run differential is tied with the Milwaukee Brewers for the second best in the division.

Yankees are in last place in the AL East. How can anyone be worse than the Red Sox?  WTF is going in NY?

@Hardcore troubadour

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yankees are in last place in the AL East. How can anyone be worse than the Red Sox?  WTF is going in NY?

@Hardcore troubadour

Aaron Hicks batted fifth last night. That’s a problem and another Cashman blunder. Loses out on Ohtani and trades for Stanton. Brilliant. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Aaron Hicks batted fifth last night. That’s a problem and another Cashman blunder. Loses out on Ohtani and trades for Stanton. Brilliant. 

Who gets fired 1st.  Cashman or Bloom?

Cashman must have pictures of Hank in women's clothing. 

Just now, edjr said:

Who gets fired 1st.  Cashman or Bloom?

Cashman must have pictures of Hank in women's clothing. 

Neither. Boone isn’t a manager. He just does metrics. Can’t even get them to run hard out of the box on an opposite field fly ball that has a 10 pct chance of getting out.  All Hank cares about are asses in seats. His father drove you crazy but it was always all about winning. Except the felonies. 

Oof

firesale prior to June :lol: :banana:

The writer is acting like this is a huge accomplishment...

[...]the Bombers continue to pound on Athletics pitchers as they completed their first three-game sweep of the season with an 11-3 win.

Yeah, tough not to win against a team with a 7.31 ERA...

:wub: 

On 5/10/2023 at 5:30 PM, supermike80 said:

Tigers playing ok.  In a crap division.  At least keeping it interesting

jinxed them!  tigers were 7-2 before this post.  9-12 after it.

Despite losing some pretty important pitchers in Springs, Rasmussen and Fairbanks also being on the IL again, the Rays are 42-19 :dunno:

16 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

jinxed them!  tigers were 7-2 before this post.  9-12 after it.

I know!

18 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Despite losing some pretty important pitchers in Springs, Rasmussen and Fairbanks also being on the IL again, the Rays are 42-19 :dunno:

To piggyback on my own comment, I have to admit that I found their offseason very curious and a little frustrating. The 2022 Rays were a good team who could not score runs, so when they added no significant piece to the offense and their biggest offseason move was signing Zach Eflin, I was perplexed. 

Turns out, signing a bat wasn't the answer... changing their approach at the plate as an entire organization was. It's been absolutely incredible. Their good hitters have become studs and their bad hitters are now good. Brandon Lowe (hurt again) is the only guy who has really regressed back to 2022 levels in terms of average. 

... and Eflin has been another example of a mediocre pitcher coming to Tampa and having excellent results (thanks Kyle Snyder). He is no ace, and his record is more due to Tampa's overall record but with the losses of Springs and Rasmussen, I am sure glad we got him.  Tampa still has a rotation of McClanahan, Glasnow, Eflin and Bradley after having lost two guys who would be #2 starters on a lot of teams. 

Just reminds me why I became a Rays fan in the first place. 

Nice of the Angels to keep being a farming system for teams that spend money

Whoop-dee-doo he can throw hard...  Dime a dozen in today's game...

Jacob deGrom contract has unique $37 million Tommy John surgery clause (msn.com)

Jacob deGrom’s contract could become a six-year, $222 million deal if the Rangers’ pitcher hits certain milestones in the 2027 season. However, a clause in the contract turns that $37 million option into a team option if deGrom undergoes Tommy John surgery on his right elbow at any point from 2023-2026, according to The Associated Press. Because degrom’s Tommy John surgery is scheduled for next week, the $37 million option for the 2028 season can’t be triggered without the Rangers’ approval.

The clause on deGrom’s contract also notes that the $37 million option would become a team option if the two-time Cy Young winner suffered any right elbow or shoulder injury that put him on the injured list for 130 straight days during a season or 186 days in a row during any period of time.

6 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Jacob deGrom contract has unique $37 million Tommy John surgery clause (msn.com)

Jacob deGrom’s contract could become a six-year, $222 million deal if the Rangers’ pitcher hits certain milestones in the 2027 season. However, a clause in the contract turns that $37 million option into a team option if deGrom undergoes Tommy John surgery on his right elbow at any point from 2023-2026, according to The Associated Press. Because degrom’s Tommy John surgery is scheduled for next week, the $37 million option for the 2028 season can’t be triggered without the Rangers’ approval.

The clause on deGrom’s contract also notes that the $37 million option would become a team option if the two-time Cy Young winner suffered any right elbow or shoulder injury that put him on the injured list for 130 straight days during a season or 186 days in a row during any period of time.

Tough break, but hey - it was a huge gamble, and all knew it. deGrom was genuinely upset and teary eyed during an interview. 

That being said, where did this Rangers team come from??? :o

From top to bottom this team is killing it, and everyone else in the rotation is killing it. If not for the VERY suspect bullpen, this team would be a dead serious contender... And maybe we still are, time will tell. Even w/out Jake, TX is 25-9. 

How about them Cincinnati Reds :headbanger:

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

How about them Cincinnati Reds :headbanger:

What about them?  They played three teams that are deep in the cellar in their divisions...  The only team that they played that could resemble a good team would be the Astros, but they have struggled this month as well...

It is cool to see them playing well at the moment, but they have their worked cut out for them with the Braves this weekend...  Both teams are having a great June, so this should tell the Reds if they are ready for prime time or not...

On 6/22/2023 at 12:30 PM, posty said:

What about them?  They played three teams that are deep in the cellar in their divisions...  The only team that they played that could resemble a good team would be the Astros, but they have struggled this month as well...

It is cool to see them playing well at the moment, but they have their worked cut out for them with the Braves this weekend...  Both teams are having a great June, so this should tell the Reds if they are ready for prime time or not...

I like you, Posty but 

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

12 wins in a row for the Cincinnati Reds and the first cycle since the original 44, Eric Davis in 1989.