Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Flyers' Ivan Provorov labeled 'homophobic' as he faces backlash for boycotting team's Pride festivities

The world don’t move to beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, might not be right for some. 

40 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And by “aftermath,” you mean people talking about it on twitter right?

How much you wanna bet craftswomen is gonna be crying about this longer than the so called woke mob?

27 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I haven’t seen much about it except in this thread.

Edit:  a quick search of his name on twitter is now just all conservatives bragging about his Jersey selling out 

Did you watch or listen to sports shows and news shows or podcasts today. I heard some and this was mentioned on multiple radio sports stations. 

How about you?

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have your gay night. And if someone doesn’t want to join in keep your Fockin mouth shut. 

Post that on twitter

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Did you watch or listen to sports shows and news shows or podcasts today. I heard some on this was mentioned on multiple radio sports stations. 

How about you?

Ive been listening to sports talk all week, it's been NFL football 

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Did you watch or listen to sports shows and news shows or podcasts today. I heard some on this was mentioned on multiple radio sports stations. 

How about you?

What was the context?  Were the shows complaining about him doing it, or were they complaining about people complaining about him doing it?

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

It's a non-story but everyone needs something to about 

Whiny ass conservatives are always b1tching about something 

7 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Whiny ass conservatives are always b1tching about something 

You are again engaging in projecting your own personal emotional retardation onto other people.

8 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You are again engaging in projecting your own personal emotional retardation onto other people.

Dummy, did I create this thread?  Did I once say this player should lose his job or anything like that?  Get a clue, chop suey

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Search “Provorov” on twitter and it will mostly be posts from conservatives 

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why don't you simply google 'Provorov' and count how many news articles there are out there. It was also on TV today. It was discussed on MadDog radio multiple times by different hosts. It was on ESPN radio mentioned multiple times by different hosts. Fox Sports radio. Etc...It's mentioned in their half hour updates etc..... 

Focking wake up. It's not ALL CONSERVATIVES TOPIC ONLY. Dude is getting blasted by some, and others hold back a little but still say he was wrong. People are talking about it in multiple formats of news. Podcasts, Radio, TV, Chat rooms, etc. And it's not just focking twitter. Hell, someone posted a link on twitter in this thread showing some dude on a broadcast bltching about Provorov. 

You are such a liberal dumbass.

There is even this shlt:

NHL Network, EJ Hradek ignore Ivan Provorov after saying he should 'get involved' with war -- commentary

Hradek made some scathing comments about the Russian player Wednesday

Hopefully this is the start of pushback on this bullshit. I’d never take my kids to a game promoting this mass grooming. 

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Why don't you simply google 'Provorov' and count how many news articles there are out there. It was also on TV today. It was discussed on MadDog radio multiple times by different hosts. It was on ESPN radio mentioned multiple times by different hosts. Fox Sports radio. Etc...It's mentioned in their half hour updates etc..... 

Focking wake up. It's not ALL CONSERVATIVES TOPIC ONLY. Dude is getting blasted by some, and others hold back a little but still say he was wrong. People are talking about it in multiple formats of news. Podcasts, Radio, TV, Chat rooms, etc. And it's not just focking twitter. Hell, someone posted a link on twitter in this thread showing some dude on a broadcast bltching about Provorov. 

You are such a liberal dumbass.

There is even this shlt:

NHL Network, EJ Hradek ignore Ivan Provorov after saying he should 'get involved' with war -- commentary

Hradek made some scathing comments about the Russian player Wednesday

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

12 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's members of your liberal cult that are doing the whining. Wear the gay jersey or go away. He's a liberal that sounds like he thinks he speaks for everyone in this country.

All the liberals are saying shlt like this today. And you are whining about your own liberal collective team members. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa..... :lol:

NHL Network Analyst: Russian Player Who Didn’t Wear Pride Jersey Should ‘Get On A Plane’ to Ukraine and Fight in the War

NHL Network’s EJ Hradek says Russian Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov, who didn’t wear a Pride jersey during the team’s Pride night, should “get on a plane” and “get involved” in Russia’s war on Ukraine.

When one media member asked him what religion he practices, Provorov answered Russian Orthodox. Wednesday night on the NHL Network, Hradek said he found the comments disrespectful, and he felt Provorov should leave North America.

“Ivan Provorov can get on a plane any day he wants and go back to a place where he feels more comfortable, take less money, and get on with his life that way,” Hradek said. “If it’s that problematic for him.”

The NHL analyst explained that Provorov, 26, came to North America when he was 16 years old to play junior hockey in Canada, so he should be used to the cultural differences compared to his home country of Russia.

“If this is that much of a problem for him to maybe assimilate into his group of teammates and in the community and here in this country, that’s okay. You can feel any way you want,” Hradek added. “If it bothers you that much, there’s always a chance to leave.”

Hradek brought up Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and suggested Provorov quit hockey in the NHL and fight in the war.

“Go back to where you feel more comfortable,” Hradek continued. “I understand there’s a conflict of shorts going on over there; maybe get involved.”

4 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

HE SAID SOMETHING MEAN!!! WAAAAAAAA

Nurse Louise minimizing stories when he can't hang in there with the big boys. 

Nothing new here folks. Once a gutterturd, always the same gutterturd. Except now he's labeled Nurse Louise.

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have a lot of respect for this man. He knew he would take grief for sticking to his beliefs but he did anyway. A real man. 

yup. end of story. 

rainbow garb wearing fruitloops. akin to still wearing a mask. because some “questioning”  pink haired limp wristed nonbinary in an HR office told you to. youre a punchline

2 hours ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Dummy, did I create this thread?  Did I once say this player should lose his job or anything like that?  Get a clue, chop suey

No you just contribute nothing and are too dumb to post here.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Or you can cruise MSM sites via google search and see paid corporate media hacks rain criticism down on him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, porkbutt said:

i forget.. is making everyone praise BLM still a thing?

If you don't genuflect to the trans agenda, the cancel culture activists will target you and go after you're employer, especially if they're corporate or government since corporations are easy to be brought to heel.

1 minute ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Still unemployed?

Yeah. It sucks.

24 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Still unemployed?

Real nice you mutt. Your retirement fund still down 80 pct?  Ha ha. 

4 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Never was, never will be, mall cop

Liar. Pathetic.  This mall cops retirement is all set. Sorry about yours. Maybe you shouldn’t dabble in the markets? Your history concerning it is to always be wrong. And just look at the ignorance you put on display in the Disney thread. Mall cop had to school you. It was fun. 

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Or you can cruise MSM sites via google search and see paid corporate media hacks rain criticism down on him.

I see a couple of those.  The first result is a Fox News article complaining about people complaining about it.  The second is an ESPN article saying "Flyers' coach John Tortorella defends Ivan Provorov's Pride boycott."  There are a couple more just stating what happened without really criticizing him (even from MSM sites like CBS and Yahoo).   Fox News is the only site with 2 articles on the front page, both of course complaining about what other people said about it.

People keep saying no one is ragging on this guy.  

Um, if you follow hockey you pretty much have heard of Lebrun.  He has like 900k followers.  

The guy on NHLs very own network telling him to go fight in a war if he doesn't want to put the colorful jersey on.

What sports figures or journalists have backed Provorov? Besides his coach? 

A guy like Lebrun gets to mock a mans beliefs and that is all swell.   What we have learned here is a mans beliefs are open target.  A mans sexual orientation is sacred protected species type stuff.  I understood it has been this way for a bit.  But let me just say GOT IT.  

Disclaimer: I am not religious. 

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Um, if you follow hockey you pretty much have heard of Lebrun.  He has like 900k followers.  

The guy on NHLs very own network telling him to go fight in a war if he doesn't want to put the colorful jersey on.

A guy like Lebrun gets to mock a mans beliefs and that is all swell.   What we have learned here is a mans beliefs are open target.  A mans sexual orientation is sacred protected species type stuff.  I understood it has been this way for a bit.  But let me just say GOT IT.  

I guess you don't count Clay Travis, Jason Whitlock, and Aubrey Huff as sports figures because they're conservative?

I honestly don't even see many "sports figures or journalists" taking much of a position at all.  The two people you listed appear to be the main ones.  Even Lebrun's comments aren't that bad IMO, and I don't see that he said anything else.

I also can't find the rest of this clip, would be curious what the woman said at the end, but of course all the clips are cut off:

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I guess you don't count Clay Travis, Jason Whitlock, and Aubrey Huff as sports figures because they're conservative?

I honestly don't even see many "sports figures or journalists" taking much of a position at all.  The two people you listed appear to be the main ones.  Even Lebrun's comments aren't that bad IMO, and I don't see that he said anything else.

I also can't find the rest of this clip, would be curious what the woman said at the end, but of course all the clips are cut off:

Yeah I will give you those.  Probably some on both sides when you look around.  

Lebrun mocked his beliefs by saying he was just using his faith to hide behind.   That is fairly bad to me and probably much worse in the eyes of a person of faith.  Mocking one's faith vs mocking one's sexual orientation? Can you pick what is worse? Yet the societal hammer comes down a lot harder on the latter.

If the woke people of the industry want to preach acceptance of one's own personal choices and orientation of any kind....then it is hyper hypocritical to then quickly mock and ridicule a man who was making a personal choice in what he says is based off his beliefs.    

I just find the whole woke crowd insanely hypocritical.   There is no bargaining.   Acceptance and tolerance is only supposed to move one way in their eyes.  It is pretty crazy honestly and more people should speak out against it.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

We haven't learned anything, people's beliefs are mocked ALL THE TIME.  Forget the fact that his beliefs are hate, everyone gets mocked for things they believe in.

You sound conservative, so I'm sure you've mocked gays before, or people that believe in things that you don't.  It's nothing new.

And yes when your religion calls for hatred of certain people, you're gonna get called out on that.

10 hours ago, Louie Kelcher said:

How much you wanna bet craftswomen is gonna be crying about this longer than the so called woke mob?

Nah, his Twitter feed will hand him something to be upset about tommorrow.   There will probably be a thread started up by him about it as well.  

ETA:  Nevermind, I was wrong.   Looks like he already fired up a thread, and Fox News provides the fuel this time.    Their bread and butter is CRT, trans, groomers, and libs doing wacky stuff, so there's always something for craftsman to get his panties in a wad about.  

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Nah, his Twitter feed will hand him something to be upset about tommorrow.   There will probably be a thread started up by him about it as well.  

ETA:  Nevermind, I was wrong.   Looks like he already fired up a thread, and Fox News provides the fuel this time.    Their bread and butter is CRT, trans, groomers, and libs doing wacky stuff, so there's always something for craftsman to get his panties in a wad about.  

Death, taxes, and craftsman creating a thread linked to a foxnews article about the victimization of conservatives.