Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then what? Will the kids in Baltimore be able to read? The kids in DC write? Will math scores Improve in Chicago? Will blacks stop slaughtering each other? 

All of those issues would be better addressed if we understand our history and current race situation more accurately. This course is a beginning towards that goal. 

47 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There’s no bias. Black people are the subject of systemic, institutional racism by the police forces of this society. That’s a fact and young people should be made aware of it. 

Kids in svhool should definitely know the statistics that part of the 13% commit 56% of the violent crimes in this country. Now that is helpful info to help them stay safe in their youth.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

There’s no bias. Black people are the subject of systemic, institutional racism by the police forces of this society. That’s a fact and young people should be made aware of it. 

It is not a fact, the ongoing pursuit of this false narrative does not help in any way.

We all make decisions every day that result in both positive and negative outcomes.

Dwelling in the past and painting the present with that brush is not helping.

It’s time for the AA community to grow up a little. And I am absolutely convinced it can.

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Whether the cops do institutionally act racist towards blacks, and I'm not conceding that they do because it's irrelevant to this point, if all people simply did what cops asked when stopped the violence would quickly grind to a halt.  That's a fact.  And, as cops became more comfortable that people in society weren't going to attack them, they'd let their guard down as well and the temperature between the two sides would lower.  That's the way to deal with this.  Continued riots and attacking of police only makes it worse.  It's like little kids throwing a tantrum. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

All of those issues would be better addressed if we understand our history and current race situation more accurately. This course is a beginning towards that goal. 

I already understand what I need to know and address in life. Why don't you take care of the YOU part of the WE and leave others out of it. 

It's amazing to me how many black people in this country get through life fine, succeed, are happy, and go on to live good lives with all these cops pulling them over all the time and harassing them, putting them in the hospital day in and day out, and all the other institutions not allowing them to go to college, get jobs, own businesses, become politicians, become police officers themselves, etc etc etc....

That Maxipad Waters really lives a tough life. 

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

I already understand what I need to know and address in life. Why don't you take care of the YOU part of the WE and leave others out of it. 

Everyone does.  Black history and the atrocities of slavery and other forms of racism are already taught extensively in our schools.  Hell, everyone spends at least one month every year focused on the topic.  It is pointless to argue agaunst those claiming otherwise.  Some people will always be total stooges and just take in whatever they are told by government-media 'experts'.   That is what you are dealing with.  These unelected authoritarian elitist need to create strife and division to maintain their power, wealth, and reason for existence.  

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Whether the cops do institutionally act racist towards blacks, and I'm not conceding that they do because it's irrelevant to this point, if all people simply did what cops asked when stopped the violence would quickly grind to a halt.  That's a fact.  And, as cops became more comfortable that people in society weren't going to attack them, they'd let their guard down as well and the temperature between the two sides would lower.  That's the way to deal with this.  Continued riots and attacking of police only makes it worse.  It's like little kids throwing a tantrum. 

To me posts like this place too much blame on the citizens.    To me the relationship is broken, and that is the fault of both sides of the equation.   

IMO that doesn't address things that I feel are an issue like the over militarization of our police, the lack of training they get (especially continued training), policing where they don't live, things like that.    Also, at least for me, the elephant in the room is how armed we are as a society.   It's difficult for police to let their guard down when the reality they face is every stop could be life threatening for them.   Tensions are already ramped up for this reason.   

Those were the types of things people were talking about with police reform, but of course it went down the fantastically stupid "defund the police" route.   I do think those things need to be addressed soon to start repairing that side of relationship.  

To be clear, I am just saying that saying the fix is to start with one side or the other is not going to work, IMO.   in the current environment the black community as a whole don't trust the police.   The police don't trust that community is not armed and not going to resist and rest.    Both sides of that equation need to show some good faith effort to want to change and improve.  

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

To me posts like this place too much blame on the citizens.    To me the relationship is broken, and that is the fault of both sides of the equation.   

IMO that doesn't address things that I feel are an issue like the over militarization of our police, the lack of training they get (especially continued training), policing where they don't live, things like that.    Also, at least for me, the elephant in the room is how armed we are as a society.   It's difficult for police to let their guard down when the reality they face is every stop could be life threatening for them.   Tensions are already ramped up for this reason.   

Those were the types of things people were talking about with police reform, but of course it went down the fantastically stupid "defund the police" route.   I do think those things need to be addressed soon to start repairing that side of relationship.  

Wow. You managed to throw in all of the liberal tropes about policing. It’s like you read it off a list. 

26 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

To be clear, I am just saying that saying the fix is to start with one side or the other is not going to work, IMO.   in the current environment the black community as a whole don't trust the police.   The police don't trust that community is not armed and not going to resist and rest.    Both sides of that equation need to show some good faith effort to want to change and improve.  

At the height of disdain for police in 2020, 81% of black people polled wanted the same or more police presence in their neighborhoods.  By and large, cops aren’t the problem.

27 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

At the height of disdain for police in 2020, 81% of black people polled wanted the same or more police presence in their neighborhoods.  By and large, cops aren’t the problem.

Wow, that is so shocking- people actually want police around.  Who would have thought?? 

That has nothing to do with my post.  We could have police as is, or we could also have better trained police, fewer stops, things like that.  My post was about repairing the relationship, not advocating for 0 police.  

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Wow, that is so shocking- people actually want police around.  Who would have thought?? 

That has nothing to do with my post.  We could have police as is, or we could also have better trained police, fewer stops, things like that.  My post was about repairing the relationship, not advocating for 0 police.  

Our we could have a society which is not being brainwashed that they victims and all is hopeless and give up and turn to drugs and crime.  Criminal activity is not caused by police and the media actively works to intensify the conflict between police and minorities.  

Just now, jonmx said:

Our we could have a society which is not being brainwashed that they victims and all is hopeless and give up and turn to drugs and crime.  Criminal activity is not caused by police and the media actively works to intensify the conflict between police and minorities.  

Why is it always one or the other?  We should also have media that doesn't stoke the flames as well.  

I am not claiming that criminality is caused by police.  0 clue where you got that.  

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Why is it always one or the other?  We should also have media that doesn't stoke the flames as well.  

I am not claiming that criminality is caused by police.  0 clue where you got that.  

What do you blame?  You blame the militarization of the police and citizens having guns.   As if the tools are the problems.  Gun are not the root of the problem.   The root of the problems is the racial divisiveness that is being stirred up.  

7 minutes ago, jonmx said:

What do you blame?  You blame the militarization of the police and citizens having guns.   As if the tools are the problems.  Gun are not the root of the problem.   The root of the problems is the racial divisiveness that is being stirred up.  

Here's the difference- I don't "blame" one thing.  It's not how I think, and I find it destructive.  This doesn't have to be a team police vs team citizen type of conversation.  

Another root of the problem is the trust is long gone, imo.  These things you claim I am saying are the root of the problem I view as pieces of the puzzle that have caused that root problem. 

Not sure why it would controversial to say that our police are undertrained, overworked, and are put in very dangerous situations.  Not sure why it would controversial to say there are worse communities than others to police, that there are too many people looking to antagonize police, or criminals quick to run and fight.  

Someone please explain this militarization of the police? Or at least what you think it is? 

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Blame the victims. As if complying will save you from bad cops? Ask Philando Castile or Breonna Taylor about that. And also, what riots? 

This attitude will never solve the problem. People want to see that police are not above the law. Notice there was no violence in the streets last night? Maybe something to do with the fact that the cops were arrested for murder, don’t you think?

13 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

How does Black Queer studies help us understand these issues more accurately? Queer is a political ideology it doesn’t belong in K-12. Worst of all, it's an ideology aimed at destroying all categories and definitions, aka eliminating the very idea of objective knowledge.

32 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

How does Black Queer studies help us understand these issues more accurately? Queer is a political ideology it doesn’t belong in K-12. Worst of all, it's an ideology aimed at destroying all categories and definitions, aka eliminating the very idea of objective knowledge.

Queer isn’t an ideology at all. Black homosexuals are a subset within the black community who have suffered from great intolerance from people who share your mindset apparently. They deserve to be acknowledged, why not? 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Queer isn’t an ideology at all. Black homosexuals are a subset within the black community who have suffered from great intolerance from people who share your mindset apparently. They deserve to be acknowledged, why not? 

You didn’t answer the question. I don’t know how someone so uninformed on every topic can think they are right about everything. You have some defect that prevents you from going outside of whatever the legacy media tells you is fact. It’s scary that there are millions of you out there. 

Queer is a political concept. The people promoting queer theory label it a political concept. Queer theory and intersectionality have nothing to do with African American studies. NOTHING. It’s goal is to push leftwing indoctrination. 

All of this crap - CRT, Intersectionality, BLM, EDI, Radical Gender Theory, Queer Theory, Neo-Marxism, Antifa, post modernism…and many more academically cultish identity politics. They stifle debate, poison minds, hurt women, promote anti-white racism & hurt children. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

You didn’t answer the question. I don’t know how someone so uninformed on every topic can think they are right about everything. You have some defect that prevents you from going outside of whatever the legacy media tells you is fact. It’s scary that there are millions of you out there. 

Queer is a political concept. The people promoting queer theory label it a political concept. Queer theory and intersectionality have nothing to do with African American studies. NOTHING. It’s goal is to push leftwing indoctrination. 

All of this crap - CRT, Intersectionality, BLM, EDI, Radical Gender Theory, Queer Theory, Neo-Marxism, Antifa, post modernism…and many more academically cultish identity politics. They stifle debate, poison minds, hurt women, promote anti-white racism & hurt children. 

I took a pic of you while you wrote this:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/news_feeds/icons/mobile/000/019/234/3ad.jpg

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

What a great comeback! I know you are but what am I? 

I’m a lot younger than you douche bag. 

White people are a small minority in the world. There is injustice and violence in the world, more so in places with no white people. Ergo, everything is white peoples fault.  Nah. 

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Here's the difference- I don't "blame" one thing.  It's not how I think, and I find it destructive.  This doesn't have to be a team police vs team citizen type of conversation.  

Another root of the problem is the trust is long gone, imo.  These things you claim I am saying are the root of the problem I view as pieces of the puzzle that have caused that root problem. 

Not sure why it would controversial to say that our police are undertrained, overworked, and are put in very dangerous situations.  Not sure why it would controversial to say there are worse communities than others to police, that there are too many people looking to antagonize police, or criminals quick to run and fight.  

There is nothing controversial.  But nothing you state is a cause.  Police violence is a minute problem.   There are more black on black murders in one weekend of Chicago, than a year's worth of unjustified killings by police.  Of the magnitude of problems facing minorities, police doesn't crack the top 10.  

17 minutes ago, jonmx said:

There is nothing controversial.  But nothing you state is a cause.  Police violence is a minute problem.   There are more black on black murders in one weekend of Chicago, than a year's worth of unjustified killings by police.  Of the magnitude of problems facing minorities, police doesn't crack the top 10.  

The things you list I believe are adding to the broken relationship from the other side.   100% part of the media stoking the flames and the overemphasis on race.  

We are agreeing on things except that IMO you are putting too much on one side, just like I think tim is putting too much on the other side.   

I also haven't said anything about this being an huge issue stats-wise.  Why bring that up?  I talk a lot about school shootings, and am fully aware how rare that is too.  

9 minutes ago, jonmx said:

It doesn't crack the top 100. 

The last time I looked up the police killing of unarmed black people was 2019. There were 7 killings. They were all looked into and 4 were considered self defense where the criminal was fighting over a weapon or had what looked like a weapon and ready threatened to use. 3 were determined wrongful acts by the officer and the officers in those cases were all prosecuted for criminal actions. 

For God's sake, Sometimes there's either a bad guy in the police department, or there is someone not fit to be an officer, but to claim this is all some elaborate systemic racially motivated organizational crime is flat out stupid. And I mean stupid to the Nth degree. Not to mention hate filled and irresponsible on the side of the left. The liberals claiming these things about the police and other organizations should flat out be able to prove it or get tossed in prison for a long time. 

If a teacher kills a black person, is that systemic racism in the school system? If an accountant kills a black person is that systemic racism in accounting? If a convenient store worker beats up a black person is that systemic racism in convenient stores?

All you liberals can fock off. Go whine your life away somewhere else. 

If this country teaches anything about black people in some high school AP class, it should be something useful to the students like what areas of town to avoid and flat out stay the fock away from. Where are all the drugs and the shootings and the criminal activities taking place. How to protect yourself from gang violence. What you should know about racial criminal statistics. What to avoid getting into in life and what the right path to success is. Learn never to donate money to fake causes like BLM or anything Antifa run. How to not listen to hate speech from angry black people in government and from liberals as they have inferior minds and only preach hatred.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

So you think queer means homosexual?

39 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Arson is a minute problem. But if somebody in the fire department was starting fires when you called instead of putting them out, it would be a huge problem, even if it just happened occasionally. Police should be keeping the peace and protecting Americans. Not chasing them down and murdering them.

7 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Arson is a minute problem. But if somebody in the fire department was starting fires when you called instead of putting them out, it would be a huge problem, even if it just happened occasionally. Police should be keeping the peace and protecting Americans. Not chasing them down and murdering them.

It would mean a bad person works in a fire department. Are you saying a person who is an accountant cheats on his taxes is a worse person than a non accountant that cheats on his taxes? And it means that all accountant are cheaters? So accounting is a systemically cheating business?

In your example, there are more non fireman arsonists in this country so that is a bigger problem to deal with. That means all non firemen are systemically arsonists. So, you. You contribute to the systemically arsonistic society. 

47 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Keep denying there is a violent crime crisis in specific areas of our country.  That always helps. 

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

Hate to break to you the bad news. But no one should be chasing down people and murdering them. If someone kills your mom, it's no worse if a cop did it vs. a black nurse or pizza delivery guy.. Your mom is still dead by murder done by a bad guy.

19 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The police are racist so do (whatever Patrice Cullors recommeds) when you see one, the country is racist and you'll never succeed in life,  the founding fathers were primarily motived by slaveery and statues that honor them should be desecrated and replaced with ones to George Floyd. Also, you don't have to be a boy if you don't want to, you'll be happier as a tranny!

1619 claimed that Lord Dunmore issued his proclamation from the governor's residence in Williamsburg.

He didn't. He was exiled aboard HMS William off the coast, because the revolution had already started.

So full of holes and lies it’s laughable. Sh!tlibs like Tim want to teach children fake History.

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

1619 claimed that Lord Dunmore issued his proclamation from the governor's residence in Williamsburg.

He didn't. He was exiled aboard HMS William off the coast, because the revolution had already started.

So full of holes and lies it’s laughable. Sh!tlibs like Tim want to teach children fake History.

Tim and his ilk want an in to children's minds because they are confident that the adults in the room know better than to listen to their bullshlt. 

13 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Libraries across this country are usung taxpayers money to pay the lying beech, 1619 Project’ author Nikole Hannah-Jones, as much as $30k to come in and brainwash children with her lies and deceptions and spread her bigotry.   

8 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Libraries across this country are usung taxpayers money to pay the lying beech, 1619 Project’ author Nikole Hannah-Jones, as much as $30k to come in and brainwash children with her lies and deceptions and spread her bigotry.   

What’s the lefts endgame here?