Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Kyle Rittenhouse faces civil lawsuit

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

What he did was akin to yelling fire in a theater, then when people rushed out, he supposedly feared he would be trampled and gunned them all down in “self defense.”

I don’t fully understand self-defense laws. If one puts oneself into a dangerous situation, then uses a gun to eliminate the danger they created themselves, how is that self defense?

If somebody intentionally jumped into a cage full of lions at the zoo, then killed all the lions as they feared for their life, would they face no penalties? If you point a gun at a woman, then her husband pulls a gun on you in response, and you shoot the husband… is that self defense? Based on the Rittenhouse verdict, you might get away with it!

I don’t like the idea that the only thing that matters when it comes to self-defense is whether you felt threatened “in the moment” without considering if you intentionally created that moment. Or if your feelings were just plain wrong.

That certainly is a take...

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Really. So if you’re in a theater watching a movie and some random guy starts wandering up and down the aisle holding a rifle, you’re good with it? Not going to bother you, or take your attention away from the film? 

Well, when the "theater" is actually a "riot" and the guy holding said rifle is on the side of preventing destruction of private property, no, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'm guessing we are getting ready for a semantic argument over a narrow definition of "provocative".  Could be amusing if he approaches it right.  I'm guessing it will be the same old same old narrow definition spiel we are all too familiar with.

No semantics argument from me.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nah. I just found the “he’s just sitting peacefully in a movie theater” to be a silly analogy. 

The theater analogy wasn't mine. I just played along.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That was a response to a silly claim that what Rittenhouse did "was akin to yelling fire in a theater , then when people rushed out, he supposedly feared he would be trampled and gunned them all down in 'self defense.'”

That's not what happened.  Rittenhouse had no intention of causing any problems, just helping out.  Yelling "fire" in a theater is an active aggression with a specific goal to achieve.

:thumbsup:   I thought that was obvious, but I forgot who we're dealing with here.

7 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I guess I need more schooling in legal matters.

Perhaps you do.  The only way they would have been justified in their attacks on Rittenhouse is if it was reasonable to believe that Rittenhouse poised an immediate danger to someone.  Considering none of them saw Rittenhouse shoot anyone, nor did they see Rittenhouse pointing the weapon at people, it is a huge stretch to reasonably believe Rittenhouse was going to kill anyone.  They initiated a violent vigilante attack on Rittenhouse with questionable justification.  The case against them was far better than what was brought against Rittenhouse 

The footage starts when Kyle Rittenhouse was fleeing from the deranged pedophile chasing him. He shot as the pedo as he was attempting to take his gun. Then, while fleeing again, Kyle fell down and got kicked by another felon who we'll never know his rap sheet because he refused to testify and remains anonymous. At that point the domestic abusing white strangler hit Kyle with his skateboard, then got shot. Finally, the white burglar charged up to Kyle but when Kyle took aim, he put his arms up so Kyle lowered the rifle to let him go. It was a fake surrender, he then promptly pointed his illegal gun at Kyle and got his bicep blown off.

All three white criminals that Kyle shot were clearly self-defense: the first lunging for gun, the second assaulted him, the third pointed a gun at him. It's all very clear on the video records.

• Haha 1

Just now, Voltaire said:

Rittenhouse was fleeing from the deranged pedophile chasing him. He shot as the pedo as he was attempting to take his gun. Then, while fleeing again, Kyle fell down and got kicked by another felon who we'll never know his rap sheet because he refused to testify and remains anonymous. At that point the domestic abusing white strangler hit Kyle with his skateboard, then shot. Finally, the white  burglar charged up to Kyle but when Kyle took aim, he put his arms up so Kyle lowered the rifle to let him go. It was a fake surrender, he then promptly pointed his illegal gun at Kyle and got his bicep blown off.

All three white criminals that Kyle shot were clearly self-defense: the first lunging for gun, the second assaulted him, the third pointed a gun at him.

We a pedo attacks, you are suppose to submit.  That is the liberal doctrine.  Pedos are much higher on their woke hierarchy than white males.   That is their legal bigotted rationale.  

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:thumbsup:   I thought that was obvious, but I forgot who we're dealing with here.

A deranged woke elitist.   

Rittenhouse kind of reminds me of Zimmerman. What they did was legal but wildly irresponsible and unnecessarily created the situation where lethal force was justified. In both cases I’m most embarrassed for the adults who think they’re heroes. The Zimmerman one was even more cringeworthy though.

28 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

That certainly is a take...

A moronic one.  Their ideology is that it is somehow provocative to just be a conservative white male.  Rittenhouse was guilty of existing in the leftist minds.  Conservatives have the exact same status in the liberal hierarchy as Jews did in Nazi Germany, they are just beginning to lay the ground work to round them up.  

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Rittenhouse kind of reminds me of Zimmerman. What they did was legal but wildly irresponsible and unnecessarily created the situation where lethal force was justified. In both cases I’m most embarrassed for the adults who think they’re heroes. The Zimmerman one was even more cringeworthy though.

except there were hundreds of armed people protecting their city/business but yah its the same as Zimmerman

see you think its irresponsible to not let businesses burn down, and also think its irresponsible to have the thought I might need to be protected from stopping a gas station for blowing up

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

except there were hundreds of armed people protecting their city/business but yah its the same as Zimmerman

Protecting “their” businesses yes. 

The similarities are that Rittenhouse / Zimmerman both acted legally but irresponsibly, and the people who think they’re heroes are embarrassing.

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Rittenhouse was ambushed by Rosenbaum who intentionally tried to ambush and kill him.  Rittenhouse did the correct thing and tried to flee the situation, only to be chased down.  Then when he tried to go the police a vigilante mob tried to kick him in the head, whack him across the head with a blunt object and tried to shoot him with a gun.  Everyone of those lowlife thugs got what they had coming to them.  It was not Rittenhouse who initiated it.   It was Rosenbaum with the other thug with his handgun drawn and his wife who wanted to help Rausenbaum murder Rittenhouse.  Blaming Rittenhouse is typical asinine backwards thinking.  

• Haha 1

Just now, jonmx said:

Rittenhouse was ambushed by Rosenbaum who intentionally tried to ambush and kill him.  Rittenhouse did the correct thing and tried to flee the situation, only to be chased down.  Then when he tried to go the police a vigilante mov tried to kick him in the head, whack him across the head with a blunt object and tried to shoot him.  Everyone of those lowlife thugs got what they had coming to them.  It was not Rittenhouse who initiated it.   It was Rosenbaum with the other thug with his handgun drawn and his wife who wanted to help Rausenbaum murder Rittenhouse.  Blaming Rittenhouse is typical asinine backwards thinking.  

The point is that Rittenhouse shouldn’t have been there in the first place. FFS.

Why aren’t the military recruiters recruiting this kid? Seems like a good candidate.  

1 minute ago, MDC said:

The point is that Rittenhouse shouldn’t have been there in the first place. FFS.

He shouldn't have been doing his civic duty and helping his neighborhood??   

;) 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

How about the point is the violent mob who burnt down the city the night before and was planning to do the same thing that night should they have been there?  Rittenhouse was standing up to evil.  Blaming him is exactly like blaming a women for being raped because she dressed to hot.  

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Protecting “their” businesses yes. 

The similarities are that Rittenhouse / Zimmerman both acted legally but irresponsibly, and the people who think they’re heroes are embarrassing.

so you don't think its ok for someone who lives and works in that community to try to help it from burning down, got it

if this sh1t happened in my town id would be out protecting businesses as well, oh wait we did just that

rioters got about 10 feet into the town of Yucaipa and saw armed citizens on rooftops and left

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

The point is that the violent leftist rioters shouldn’t have been there in the first place. FFS.

Edited for accuracy. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

Edited for accuracy. 

You forgot pedophiles. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

How about the point is the violent mob who burnt down the city the night before and was planning to do the same thing that night should they have been there?  

Agreed. If someone here was defending that, I’d think they were embarrassing too. 

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

It doesn't have to be one or the other.  

Without the one, you don't have the other. So, yeah, it kinda does. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You forgot pedophiles. 

:lol: 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so you don't think its ok for someone who lives and works in that community to try to help it from burning down, got it

if this sh1t happened in my town id would be out protecting businesses as well, oh wait we did just that

rioters got about 10 feet into the town of Yucaipa and saw armed citizens on rooftops and left

And if I lived nearby and you asked me to help,  I would because that's what friends do, which is what Kyle did. 

If the government you pay your taxes to isn't doing their job arresting arsonists and providing protection for you when you are in trouble, you're on your own. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

Without the one, you don't have the other. So, yeah, it kinds does. 

Ah, they didn't have any agency or choice in the matter I guess.     I am fine criticizing both for their choices.  

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Agreed. If someone here was defending that, I’d think they were embarrassing too. 

But you are defending it by omission. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, jonmx said:

He actually handled himself very well and everyone shot got exactly what they deserved.  The surviving bastard should have been charged with murder if Wisconsin law was followed correctly.  But the dumbfuk woke Binger brought half-baked trumped-up political charges and railroaded Rittenhouse.  

Anthony Huber deserved to die for chasing after and trying to stop who he thought was an active shooter? I don't think so. If Rittenhouse had not tried to flee the scene of a killing, instead of waiting for authorities, Huber would still be alive. And, no, Kyle was not running to turn himself in to police as he walked right past them and then returned to his home in another state.

Gaige Grosskreutz should have been charged with murder? No, and not even with attempted murder, as while he pointed his hand gun at Rittenhouse, he did not fire it, which would a requirement to prosecute for attempted murder.

11 minutes ago, jonmx said:

But you are defending it by omission. 

This thread is about Rittenhouse, blockhead. ;) 

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

Anthony Huber deserved to die for chasing after and trying to stop who he thought was an active shooter? I don't think so. If Rittenhouse had not tried to flee the scene of a killing, instead of waiting for authorities, Huber would still be alive. And, no, Kyle was not running to turn himself in to police as he walked right past them and then returned to his home in another state.

Gaige Grosskreutz should have been charged with murder? No, and not even with attempted murder, as while he pointed his hand gun at Rittenhouse, he did not fire it, which would a requirement to prosecute for attempted murder.

I got nothing here. It’s just so surprising that this person with male parts breathes the same air as I do. 

46 minutes ago, jonmx said:

We a pedo attacks, you are suppose to submit.  That is the liberal doctrine.  Pedos are much higher on their woke hierarchy than white males.   That is their legal bigotted rationale.  

You’ve certainly got us liberals figured out. 

40 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Conservatives have the exact same status in the liberal hierarchy as Jews did in Nazi Germany

I know many of you conservatives reading this are reasonable fellows. Why aren’t you calling this guy out? Why aren’t you telling him that he’s being insane? Or do you agree with this take? 

33 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

hes not a tranny phag

So trannys and gay people are not able to be dedicated soldiers?

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I know many of you conservatives reading this are reasonable fellows. Why aren’t you calling this guy out? Why aren’t you telling him that he’s being insane? Or do you agree with this take? 

You have used a Nazi correlation yourself. Was that ok? 

52 minutes ago, squistion said:

Gaige Grosskreutz should have been charged murder? No, and not even with attempted murder, as while he pointed his hand gun at Rittenhouse, he did not fire it, which would a requirement to prosecute for attempted murder.

LOL at wait for authorities. LOL at not watching the video and then telling those of us that did what imaginary things you believe it showed. like most on the left, you remain completely uninformed.

The lack of authorities being present was the second root* cause of the problem.  He was in the process of making a beeline to the authorities as quickly as he could when he tripped and fell. And he didn't run past them, when they finally did show up, he stopped and raised his arms in the air.... they drove right past him.

Meanwhile, the people you are making this ridiculous case towards have all seen the footage.

*The first root of the problem, of course, being that Huber and his friends were out there burning and looting everything.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think I’ve compared anything to the Holocaust. My dad and grandparents were Holocaust survivors so I’m pretty careful about that. 

33 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Ah, they didn't have any agency or choice in the matter I guess.     I am fine criticizing both for their choices.  

Without an organized invasion of violent leftists, Rittenhouse is still an unknown lifeguard at a public pool in Nowhere, USA. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You wished rape on a kid. Was that ok?

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

LOL at wait for authorities. LOL at not watching the video and then telling those of us that did what imaginary things you believe it showed. like most on the left, you remain completely uninformed.

The lack of authorities being present was the second root cause of the problem.  He was in the process of making a beeline to the authorities as quickly as he could when he tripped and fell. And he didn't run past them, when they finally did show up, he stopped and raised his arms in the air.... they drove right past him.

Meanwhile, the people you are making this ridiculous case towards have all seen the footage.

The first root of the problem, of course, being that Huber and his friends were out there burning and looting everything.

No, he wasn't, as he then didn't go to the nearest police station and turn himself in, after they drove past him, which he would have done if that were his intent (And he was raising because he was carrying a rifle and he didn't want them to shoot him).

Instead of turning himself in, he drove home to where he lived in another state. And if no footage of Kyle shooting this people had ever surfaced, IMO, he probably never would have turned himself in. 

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I would agree that rounding people up into concentration camps for mass exterminations does not seem to be on the horizon.

That Nazi anger didn't materialize out of nowhere though. The Jews at the time were forced to identify themselves by wearing the yellow stars. So, I assume Germany was already an inhospitable place prior to Kristallnacht. Otherwise I don't know terribly much about the extent of the persecution that Jews endured in Germany in the years leading up to Kristallnacht. 

If you want to take him up on it, I think a compare-and-contrast of left wing authoritarian governments in the west to pre-Kristallnacht, Nazi Germany would be very interesting.