Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Kyle Rittenhouse faces civil lawsuit

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

What are you talking about? She ran against Cicely Davis, a Christian born in Rochester, NY.

I must have heard that on MSNBC

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Do you think the taxpaying citizens whose businesses resided inside the area were entitled to have their businesses protected by the police force they helped fund?  Especially in light of the fact that there was a curfew in place IIRC, so no one should have been inside that perimeter except police anyways. 

Do you think you are going to incrementally walk me to a place where a kid with grandiose ideas but no relevant training is a reasonable armed solution?

I think the cops should have been more proactive.  i think businesses could have and maybe should have hired experienced, licensed, bonded security.  I think children should have stayed home and not been out after curfew.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I recall the governor didn’t call up the national guard? I have that right? 

I don't recall to the point that I should be commenting.  I could google it, but then so too could you.  I presume this is another attempt to walk me to the idiotic because law enfocement also unreasonably lost control or never tried to exert control.  My response to you would be the same as my response to Strike, citizen's have a right to responsibly protect their property and lives.  An inexperienced 18 year old is not responsible.  A 19 year old marine MP on leave, with their training, yes, a pimply-faced drreamer with no military and police weapons training or law enforcement training, no, wholly unreasonable.  He dodged culpability, and I think that was correct, but a hero this idiot is not.

56 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Do you think you are going to incrementally walk me to a place where a kid with grandiose ideas but no relevant training is a reasonable armed solution?

I think the cops should have been more proactive.  i think businesses could have and maybe should have hired experienced, licensed, bonded security.  I think children should have stayed home and not been out after curfew.

Nope.  I think Rittenhouse is/was an idiot for being there.  That's a moral judgment.  Legally, he didn't do anything wrong.  And when you talk about curfew, as I mentioned above the whole city was on curfew so no one should have been there.  Which goes back to the cops not doing their jobs.  Had the cops/government simply done their job none of us has any focking clue who Kyle Rittenhouse is to this day.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/3/2023 at 4:33 PM, The Real timschochet said:

Hope they bankrupt this sleazy guy. What a loser. 

He's a good kid. They'll never win this lawsuit, they attacked him with their liberal skateboards. He just did what anyone else would do. 

They should actually put up a statue of him right there on the corner to remind the violent Liberal looters and rioters that if you loot, we shoot. 

Or just Defund more police, your choice. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Under enormous amounts of stress, that kid hit all of his targets, didn't hit any unintended targets, in the middle of a riot, while running for his life and being attacked from multiple directions, by multiple attackers and cleared a jam in the middle of it all. Grown men with training would've been hard pressed to pull that off. 

Pretty impressive if you ask me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He ended two animals and clipped another. For this I am grateful.  

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Under enormous amounts of stress, that kid hit all of his targets, didn't hit any unintended targets, in the middle of a riot, while running for his life and being attacked from multiple directions, by multiple attackers and cleared a jam in the middle of it all. Grown men with training would've been hard pressed to pull that off. 

Pretty impressive if you ask me. 

And yet he saved no property, saved no lives other than his own, and he jeopardized first responders who then had to attend to multiple shooting scenes in the middle of a riot.  All this idiot did was make things worse.  Heros are brave, thoughtful, and selfless.  This kid was reckless, thoughtless, and selfish. That things more or less workred out for the kid was happenstance, pure dumb luck.  This kid should not be celebrated.  Sure, celebrate wanting to aid law enforcement, but don't celebrate adding risk and uncertainties to a riot scene.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

And yet he saved no property, saved no lives other than his own, and he jeopardized first responders who then had to attend to multiple shooting scenes in the middle of a riot.  All this idiot did was make things worse.  Heros are brave, thoughtful, and selfless.  This kid was reckless, thoughtless, and selfish. That things more or less workred out for the kid was happenstance, pure dumb luck.  This kid should not be celebrated.  Sure, celebrate wanting to aid law enforcement, but don't celebrate adding risk and uncertainties to a riot scene.

Yeah but those pedophiles that should have been in prison forever will never harm another child again.  It all worked out for the best. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

No one disputes that he made some bad decisions.

Going out that night into a mob of criminals was beyond stupid. He is lucky to be alive.

Perhaps the only thing that saved him from his own stupidity was that weapon, along with the cowardice of the mob…

No one won that night, but the right person lives and the right ones died

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Blame the radical left for bussing in hundreds of shitbags to stir up violence and vandalize the businesses of innocent people. 

Without them none of this happens. 

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

What he did was akin to yelling fire in a theater, then when people rushed out, he supposedly feared he would be trampled and gunned them all down in “self defense.”

I don’t fully understand self-defense laws. If one puts oneself into a dangerous situation, then uses a gun to eliminate the danger they created themselves, how is that self defense?

If somebody intentionally jumped into a cage full of lions at the zoo, then killed all the lions as they feared for their life, would they face no penalties? If you point a gun at a woman, then her husband pulls a gun on you in response, and you shoot the husband… is that self defense? Based on the Rittenhouse verdict, you might get away with it!

I don’t like the idea that the only thing that matters when it comes to self-defense is whether you felt threatened “in the moment” without considering if you intentionally created that moment. Or if your feelings were just plain wrong.

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

What he did was akin to yelling fire in a theater, then when people rushed out, he supposedly feared he would be trampled and gunned them all down in “self defense.”

I don’t fully understand self-defense laws. If one puts oneself into a dangerous situation, then uses a gun to eliminate the danger they created themselves, how is that self defense?

If somebody intentionally jumped into a cage full of lions at the zoo, then killed all the lions as they feared for their life, would they face no penalties? If you point a gun at a woman, then her husband pulls a gun on you in response, and you shoot the husband… is that self defense? Based on the Rittenhouse verdict, you might get away with it!

I don’t like the idea that the only thing that matters when it comes to self-defense is whether you felt threatened “in the moment” without considering if you intentionally created that moment. Or if your feelings were just plain wrong.

Thank for your correlation of the people in the mob as animals. Well done.

Is Wisconsin a comparative or a contributory negligence state?  The families of aggressive riotors would seem to have a bit of an uphill fight getting compensation for adverse consequences which occured in a riot situation their family members helped create, in an unlawful fashion.

That the judge allowed the case to be filed, requiring an answer, does not mean it will not be dismissed on motions well prior to trial.

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Except he didn't yell fire. He was simply sitting in the theater when he was attacked. Had he not been attacked, he likely sits, quietly, in the theater until the movie is over and everyone goes home. 

It takes a special kind of idiot to attack an armed individual. Unfortunately, Kyle ran into a couple of them that night and he dispatched them both. And the world is a better place as a result. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Except he didn't yell fire. He was simply sitting in the theater when he was attacked. Had he not been attacked, he likely sits, quietly, in the theater until the movie is over and everyone goes home. 

It takes a special kind of idiot to attack an armed individual. Unfortunately, Kyle ran into a couple of them that night and he dispatched them both. And the world is a better place as a result. 

He brought an AR-15 to a protest and picked fights with protesters. He put himself in the situation. Judge “God Bless the USA” didn’t agree, but it’s true. This lawsuit will allow a jury to look at the full circumstances, not just Kyle’s feelings in the moment.

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

He brought an AR-15 to a protest and picked fights with protesters. He put himself in the situation. Judge “God Bless the USA” didn’t agree, but it’s true. This lawsuit will allow a jury to look at the full circumstances, not just Kyle’s feelings in the moment.

Link to him "picking fights" with rioters? 

He was asked to be there to help defend some businesses. Had the violent, riotous, destructive looters decided to stay home instead of traveling to a city they had no business being in, none of this ever happens. Why do you blame Kyle for trying to do the right thing and defend the property of innocent business owners instead of putting the blame where it belongs? Which is squarely on the shoulders of those who traveled there specifically to commit violence and mayhem. They focked around and they found out. They don't get to cry foul now. 

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Link to him "picking fights" with rioters? 

He was asked to be there to help defend some businesses. Had the violent, riotous, destructive looters decided to stay home instead of traveling to a city they had no business being in, none of this ever happens. Why do you blame Kyle for trying to do the right thing and defend the property of innocent business owners instead of putting the blame where it belongs? Which is squarely on the shoulders of those who traveled there specifically to commit violence and mayhem. They focked around and they found out. They don't get to cry foul now. 

Maybe the lawsuit will name the person or persons who asked the 17 year old to come armed to defend their businesses.  Were I the plaintiffs attorney I would want to know why those person(s) recruited a minor instead of licensed, bonded, security guards.

He seems like a very nice young man. Well mannered, neat appearance. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

He seems like a very nice young man. Well mannered, neat appearance. 

He does seem to have repectful manners in the few interviews I have seen.  He also strikes me as woefully unaware of why his actions were extremely ill-advised, even after the fact so he can examine them with the benefit of hindsight.

55 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

He’s not sitting in the theater. He’s wandering up and down the theater aisles holding a large gun. 

40 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Maybe the lawsuit will name the person or persons who asked the 17 year old to come armed to defend their businesses.  Were I the plaintiffs attorney I would want to know why those person(s) recruited a minor instead of licensed, bonded, security guards.

This all came out in the trial.

37 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

He does seem to have repectful manners in the few interviews I have seen.  He also strikes me as woefully unaware of why his actions were extremely ill-advised, even after the fact so he can examine them with the benefit of hindsight.

Can’t blame him. Adults who should know better keep telling Rittenhouse he’s a hero.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

This all came out in the trial.

Yes, but in a civil trial those persons may be cognizable for their actions. Seems to me a thorough attorney would go after them as well if the suit is about responsibility and compensation. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Can’t blame him. Adults who should know better keep telling Rittenhouse he’s a hero.

Well older folks, i don't know that they would fit my definition of adults.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

He’s not sitting in the theater. He’s wandering up and down the theater aisles holding a large gun. 

There's nothing illegal or provactive about that. 

41 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So size does matter?

Dammit, I knew those women were lying, trying to spare my feelings.

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

There's nothing illegal or provocative about that. 

Really. So if you’re in a theater watching a movie and some random guy starts wandering up and down the aisle holding a rifle, you’re good with it? Not going to bother you, or take your attention away from the film? 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Really. So if you’re in a theater watching a movie and some random guy starts wandering up and down the aisle holding a rifle, you’re good with it? Not going to bother you, or take your attention away from the film? 

I'm guessing we are getting ready for a semantic argument over a narrow definition of "provocative".  Could be amusing if he approaches it right.  I'm guessing it will be the same old same old narrow definition spiel we are all too familiar with.

I'm guessing we are getting ready for a semantic argument over a narrow definition of "provocative".  Could be amusing if he approaches it right.  I'm guessing it will be the same old same old narrow definition spiel we are all too familiar with.

Nah. I just found the “he’s just sitting peacefully in a movie theater” to be a silly analogy. 

21 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

He actually handled himself very well and everyone shot got exactly what they deserved.  The surviving bastard should have been charged with murder if Wisconsin law was followed correctly.  But the dumbfuk woke Binger brought half-baked trumped-up political charges and railroaded Rittenhouse.  

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nah. I just found the “he’s just sitting peacefully in a movie theater” to be a silly analogy. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I was thinking by him, not you.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I was thinking by him, not you.

That was a response to a silly claim that what Rittenhouse did "was akin to yelling fire in a theater , then when people rushed out, he supposedly feared he would be trampled and gunned them all down in 'self defense.'”

That's not what happened.  Rittenhouse had no intention of causing any problems, just helping out.  Yelling "fire" in a theater is an active aggression with a specific goal to achieve.

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Rittenhouse was acting legally carrying a weapon. It is not provocation to exercise your legal rights.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

He actually handled himself very well and everyone shot got exactly what they deserved.  The surviving bastard should have been charged with murder if Wisconsin law was followed correctly.  But the dumbfuk woke Binger brought half-baked trumped-up political charges and railroaded Rittenhouse.  

We percieve the matter differently.  I am comfortable with that.  

• Sad 1

We percieve the matter differently.  I am comfortable with that.  

It is not a matter of perception, it's the law.  

• Sad 1