Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Eric Adams spends coldest winter night in shelter after migrants refused to leave hotel

Shades of Jane Byrne and Cabrini Green. How did that work out? :lol:

And now he is saying that NYC is surpassing it's "moral obligations" concerning asylum seekers. What is the moral obligation and who is setting this moral obligation and who all is agreeing with it? And how is NYC performing this moral obligation if all they are doing is begging for assistance from the federal governemnt?

'Our brothers are being kept warm,' Adams said of his stay at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

New York City Mayor Eric Adams slept at a migrant facility in Brooklyn on the coldest night of 2023 to promote the new housing option after some migrants recently refused to leave a hotel.

"Spent the coldest night of the year at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal with ‘Homeless Hero’ and advocate Shams DaBaron & @AMEddieGibbs," Adams posted to Twitter on Saturday. "Our brothers are being kept warm and the team working here is giving new meaning to the words 'love thy neighbor.'"

The mayor's post included video and photos of him at the facility, including showing him sleeping on a cot, dining with migrants and playing video games.

Adams said he chose the coldest night of 2023, when there was a low of 12 degrees in the city, to spend at the facility to show how warm and welcoming it is.

"What we saw is what we have seen since the beginning of this crisis: individuals who are grateful to the greatest city in the world for providing them the opportunity to work toward the American Dream. I'd like to be clear that the facilities at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal are providing the same services to asylum seekers as every other humanitarian relief center in the city, and the team at the terminal is giving new meaning to the words ‘love thy neighbor,’" Adams said, WABC reported.

Late last month, a group of migrants who were staying at the Watson Hotel in Midtown Manhattan free of charge refused to leave the hotel – and even protested by sleeping in the streets – after city officials said they would be housed at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

Some of the migrants did leave the hotel for the migrant facility in Brooklyn, while others refused to leave and rallied outside the building alongside migrant activists.

Adams said at the time that the housing in Brooklyn was hospitable, despite claims that there was a lack of heat and bathroom space at the facility.

"This weekend, we began the process of moving single adult men from the Watson Hotel to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, as we transition the hotel to meet the large number of asylum-seeking families with children," Adams said in a statement at the time.

"More than 42,000 asylum seekers have arrived in New York City since last spring, and we continue to surpass our moral obligations as we provide asylum seekers with shelter, food, health care, education, and a host of other services," the mayor continued.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott set off a firestorm of criticisms from Democratic leaders in New York last year when he ordered buses of migrants be taken from overwhelmed border communities to various northern "sanctuary cities," including the Big Apple.

Adams has since pleaded with the White House for more assistance from the government as the migrant population grows.

"I have a Republican governor dumping on my city," Adams said last month. "I have a Democratic governor dumping on my city. That is where the national government should have stepped in and said, ‘Wait a minute, let's coordinate this effort.’"

Adams headed to El Paso, Texas, last month to visit the U.S.-Mexico border and called the surge of migrants a "national crisis."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eric-adams-spends-coldest-winter-night-tent-city-migrants-refused-leave-hotel

Honestly you can make it up or just assume it will happen.  Because Liberals are as shortsighted as it gets and never can think more than 1 step ahead.  All virtue no logic.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Now they have public schools to sleep in.  You can’t make this shat up. 

Bus stations, airports, hotels, schools, and camps, yet in December 2023 they allowed in another 300,000 illegals. Most ever in one month. 

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Now they have public schools to sleep in.  You can’t make this shat up. 

They should send them to Baltimore public schools since it shouldn't impact their test scores at all. 

11 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Honestly you can make it up or just assume it will happen.  Because Liberals are as shortsighted as it gets and never can think more than 1 step ahead.  All virtue no logic.  

Oh, so very this. ^^^

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No it isn’t. This isn’t what I want. 

Im not saying you want migrants in and to take over schools while kicking the children out.  

But spoken like a true Lib.   "We need to do this but I refuse to think of any of the fallouts or consequences beforehand"

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It's not what you want but it is the easily predicted consequence of what you advocate for. When you were championing open borders, where did you think these people would go? There's not a bottomless pit of money, housing, health care and other resources out there and what there is is being used more and more by foreigners rather than Americans.

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is on you and people like you. You give this administration cover . 

37 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

• Haha 1

If Texas would just quit whining and deal with this problem on their own, these kids could be in school tomorrow.  

34 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

100%. Nobody speaks out more for open borders than that.dude. 

Since so many of you are making the same argument I will respond to all of you at once: we need an organized, comprehensive approach to this issue. I am definitely not in favor of the chaotic situation as it now stands. But I also completely reject the draconic solutions being proposed by conservatives. I think most of you guys are being reactionary and not truly considering the long term consequences of your ideas. 

And nobody, not conservatives or liberals, is spending any time at all trying to examine the essential question here: why are so many people coming? What economic and climate situations are creating such instability in other parts of the world that millions of people risk their lives to get to this country? Until we are willing to address that problem, nothing we do is ever going to alleviate the current situation. 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Since so many of you are making the same argument I will respond to all of you at once: we need an organized, comprehensive approach to this issue. I am definitely not in favor of the chaotic situation as it now stands. But I also completely reject the draconic solutions being proposed by conservatives. I think most of you guys are being reactionary and not truly considering the long term consequences of your ideas. 

And nobody, not conservatives or liberals, is spending any time at all trying to examine the essential question here: why are so many people coming? What economic and climate situations are creating such instability in other parts of the world that millions of people risk their lives to get to this country? Until we are willing to address that problem, nothing we do is ever going to alleviate the current situation. 

I bet if we stop giving them jobs and benefits some citizens don't have they might stop coming.   

I am just tired of seeing us as a nation fall behind in education, health, infrastructure as we spend billions being the world's police and I guess now the world's homeless shelter.   We have messed up priorities as a country.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I bet if we stop giving them jobs and benefits some citizens don't have they might stop coming.   

I am just tired of seeing us as a nation fall behind in education, health, infrastructure as we spend billions being the world's police and I guess now the world's homeless shelter.   We have messed up priorities as a country.   

But then we wouldn’t be the globalists that Tim wants us to be

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

But then we wouldn’t be the globalists that Tim wants us to be

🤣   What is with you guys constantly bringing up tim.  WGAF?

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So while the search for an answer is going on, they can just live in tents. How long do you think it will take? 

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

🤣   What is with you guys constantly bringing up tim.  WGAF?

He’s literally posting in the thread.  I’m not luring him in

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There are 2 million Americans who are retiring in Mexico.  

You guys act like Mexico is Afghanistan. 

You go after the cartels and Mexico is fine.

Its like people from inner city Detroit bum rushing Canada looking for a better life.  

12 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Two years from now...

"I offered to host a family and you gave me a half dozen large males with face tattoos who kicked my ass when I asked them not to host a fentanyl party in my spare bedroom. They took my car two weeks ago and raced down the expressway at 120 MPH eventually smacking into a school bus and when I asked you to remove them you accused me of hate speech and threw me in jail. My wife took the kids out of the house for their safety and they now live in the street outside our home, occasionally going inside for hot water until if got turned off because the bill didn't get paid. Fortunately, the immigrants got it turned back on through a government program to pay the expense."

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

He’s literally posting in the thread.  I’m not luring him in

I didn't say you were.  I just think the number of "Tim says" or "Tim will think" posts around here are funny.  What did you all do before he crashed your party here?  

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I didn't say you were.  I just think the number of "Tim says" or "Tim will think" posts around here are funny.  What did you all do before he crashed your party here?  

You ever here of the "Face Tattoo Syndrome"?  Yeah, you're doing it.

8 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

So you were wrong. You could have just said that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Tim is usually the antithesis of most rational posters here.  It’s natural to engage opposing viewpoints. Pretty obvious, no?  There’s been many over the years. 

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Tim is usually the antithesis of most rational posters here.  It’s natural to engage opposing viewpoints. Pretty obvious, no?  There’s been many over the years. 

Engage with him them.  What's not natural is telling me what he might think.  We have grown men going to other sites to count his posts, ffs.  You all have it bad.  

4 hours ago, DonS said:

They should send them to Baltimore public schools since it shouldn't impact their test scores at all. 

The hell it won't.  They might improve.

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nothing draconian about protecting our border.  it's the same as having locks on your doors at home.  The only reason you don't care is it's not your home.  I notice you haven't offered to take any illegals in to help the situation.  You just continue to exploit them and ask everyone else to pay for them to come here.  Such a patriotic American you are.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Nothing draconian about protecting our border.  it's the same as having locks on your doors at home.  The only reason you don't care is it's not your home.  I notice you haven't offered to take any illegals in to help the situation.  You just continue to exploit them and ask everyone else to pay for them to come here.  Such a patriotic American you are.

:rolleyes:

I like how it shifts to just "protecting our border".     I know it's hard to understand around these parts, but it is possible to want a secure border and be against specific policies like Remain in Mexico and separating families.    So often around here that is the conclusion people reach - you disagree with me on a solution, you therefore disagree with me on the issue.  

ETA:  of course, then you are also a libtard.  Lol

This separating families bullshitt again. Yeah that’s what was happening.  A family showed up and they just separated them, just to be mean. It was like Sophie’s Choice for some mothers. AOC told me. 

Basically Strike and others are saying that protecting our borders can't be done in a draconian say.   I've seen the sentiment from Eternal and others -  "fock 'em, they shouldn't be here".    I want secured borders, but I don't share that worldview.  

Again, you guys act like Mexico is Afghanistan.   

They have to come here or they will die!!!!

It is quite ridiculous.   

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Again, you guys act like Mexico is Afghanistan.   

They have to come here or they will die!!!!

It is quite ridiculous.   

Yeah. Remain in Mexico was so cruel.  Tents in Brooklyn in the middle of winter are much more humane. 

• Like 1

What these hate mongerers Chaya and Elon fail to point out is this was just a temporary move because there was a storm coming though.  They are going back to their shelter this morning.

So spare me the crapola about children being deprived of an education. lots of schools are closed today because of the storm. Stopa the fear mongering about coming for your home next, just to push their agenda.

5 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Basically Strike and others are saying that protecting our borders can't be done in a draconian say.   I've seen the sentiment from Eternal and others -  "fock 'em, they shouldn't be here".    I want secured borders, but I don't share that worldview.  

It's not what Jesus would say.  They rant about Jesus and faith but its all empty when it comes to practice.

Back to the tents! This is being handled so well.