Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Piece Of Sh!t Cars!

I was reminiscing about a car my friend had that the reverse went out in and when we drove it, we had to park it where you could drive forward to get out and mostly parked it at the bottom of lots where no other cars would be around. Had another friend who had a car that you could take the key out while driving and it would still run. Anybody else got some piece of sh!t car stories to share ?

The focking pileofshit never gets me very far.

1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

Mercedes, VW, FIAT, Audi, BMW, Mini....There may be more

My bmw seems to be pretty cool.

I had a 78 wagoneer that you did not need a key to start. Just turn the ignition and it would go.

About 14 years ago I had a 95 Sentra that I never changed the oil in. It had a pretty bad valve gasket leak and every time I added fuel I added oil. I sold it with ~180k miles and it was reliable. Just that one issue, other than the fact that it had an engine that made 96 hp.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

My bmw seems to be pretty cool.

I'm sure it is right now.  I almost hesitated to put BMW in my list because I don't see them in my shop as much as I used to with the major issues that the other German cars I listed seem to have. 
Which BMW do you currently drive? 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

The focking pileofshit never gets me very far.

GFIAFP

53 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I'm sure it is right now.  I almost hesitated to put BMW in my list because I don't see them in my shop as much as I used to with the major issues that the other German cars I listed seem to have. 
Which BMW do you currently drive? 

22 X5 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Hillary Carlip isnt that bad.

I'll grant you that, but you have to agree that Hoagy Carmichael was a pretty good composer. 🤨

On 2/19/2023 at 5:42 PM, MLCKAA said:

22 X5 

So you understand the hit it will take at resale. 
I'm assuming you mebbe lease? 
One thing about the Bimmers is when new or in good shape, they really are a "Drivers Car." 
I never cared much for their ergonomics, but they do live up to the heritage of feel and response on the road. 

I just wonder how many different modules are in yours...My guess would be 30-40. Fukkin nightmare trying to dissect intermittent issues with the electronics. 

Either way, hope you like it so far :cheers:

Old Maid used to have a X5 a few years ago and she said she loved hers, but then again, she's a girl. Therefore not too bright in the way of subjects like this.

22 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

So you understand the hit it will take at resale. 
I'm assuming you mebbe lease? 
One thing about the Bimmers is when new or in good shape, they really are a "Drivers Car." 
I never cared much for their ergonomics, but they do live up to the heritage of feel and response on the road. 

I just wonder how many different modules are in yours...My guess would be 30-40. Fukkin nightmare trying to dissect intermittent issues with the electronics. 

Either way, hope you like it so far :cheers:

Old Maid used to have a X5 a few years ago and she said she loved hers, but then again, she's a girl. Therefore not too bright in the way of subjects like this.

I bought it.  God willing the ball and chain drives it for 200k.  We’re coming up on a year in April and it has 8k so far.  Sure drives like a dream.

• Like 1

My first car was a old Chevette that I think was my moms. It’s rusted so bad at the bottom. If you pull the driver side mat up, you could actually see the road going beneath you.

And in classic 16 year old fashion, I rolled it into a ditch, got ejected by some miracle  I only had a little cut in the web of one of my fingers. No joke.

I came to on my hands and knees, and I literally checked my hands then my arms and realized I wasn’t focked up. But I must’ve been out for a couple minutes.

14 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I bought it.  God willing the ball and chain drives it for 200k.  We’re coming up on a year in April and it has 8k so far.  Sure drives like a dream.

I have been loyal since 99

99 328: euro-delivery- Germany, Switzerland, Austria 

01 330ci: euro- delivery: France 

05 m3 (current): getting ready to sell it.  Love it 

all have been reliable and fun to drive

Over that time, mrs:

318i: sold it to her parents

Land Rover: pos

honda Accord: good but outgrew when we had a kid

audi A6 wagon: loved it, but it was a lemon

subaru Impreza hatchback: fine, but outgrew it

X3:  loves it. She wishes we got it when we were in Colorado 

I am ashamed as a yooman that no one has posted this. :(

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am ashamed as a yooman that no one has posted this. :(

It was referenced in the 3rd post. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Just now, 5-Points said:

One line. How many people here remember that song?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

One line. How many people here remember that song?

At least two. 

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I was going to do a reference, but I saw where you had already made one. I would have gone for the spring line though.

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

At least two. 

I listened to his 1st 2 albums at least six or seven hundred times. I wore out the cloth. 

Ever replace the battery on a Buick Enclave?  First ya find it - the battery is located behind the passenger seat under the floor board. Then you'll need an allen wrench to open hatch and a deep-socket ratchet to unscrew terminals. Then the battery possibly has no handles so you'll need to shimmy a rope around and under to pull it out.

Want to add some freon to the AC? Think there's probably a small nozzle to connect a freon can easily accessible under the hood, like every car on the planet?  Nope. It's located DEEP under the engine where it's impossible to reach the hose of the freon can.

I think the engineers were smoking crack cocaine.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Ever replace the battery on a Buick Enclave?  First ya find it - the battery is located behind the passenger seat under the floor board. Then you'll need an allen wrench to open hatch and a deep-socket ratchet to unscrew terminals. Then the battery possibly has no handles so you'll need to shimmy a rope around and under to pull it out.

Want to add some freon to the AC? Think there's probably a small nozzle to connect a freon can easily accessible under the hood, like every car on the planet?  Nope. It's located DEEP under the engine where it's impossible to reach the hose of the freon can.

I think the engineers were smoking crack cocaine.

The reason for the battery location (as said directly by a GM Lambda engineer) is twofold:

1) Lends itself to better weight balance. Granted, this isn't a light sports coupe, but every little bit helps, and taking the relatively large weight of a battery off the nose and putting it in the middle is beneficial on a small scale.
2) Being out of the engine compartment, and essentially interior mounted, it is taken away from the high heat, dampness, and dirt that invade the engine compartment over time and actually reduce the battery life. It also further cleans up the engine compartment, leaving more space.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I was going to do a reference, but I saw where you had already made one. I would have gone for the spring line though.

:thumbsup:

Plenty of good ones to choose from. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I listened to his 1st 2 albums at least six or seven hundred times. I wore out the cloth. 

:doublethumbsup:

That was me with Eddie Murphy Raw. I listened to that thing daily. 

• Like 1

The wife has a BMW 540I with the M package.  She loves it.  I like the way it drives.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Raw was terrible.  Now Delirious? I listened/watched that 500 times easy. 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Even as a 14 year old I thought Raw was too vulgar. Was just too forced and over the top far too much.  I think maybe I listened to the whole thing once or twice?

Eddie I want half! :thumbsdown:

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

My bad. It was Delirious. I had it on vinyl and it was titled  "Comedian."

I would listen to it the way he said he would listen to Richard Pryor albums. My parents didn't know I had it. They definitely would've taken it away. 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

My bad. It was Delirious. I had it on vinyl and it was titled  "Comedian."

I would listen to it the way he said he would listen to Richard Pryor albums. My parents didn't know I had it. They definitely would've taken it away. 

Had a little argument with someone a couple weeks ago about this. CIO of my company was saying how good Raw was. I was like. uhh no. I think you mean Delirious. He didn't believe me, till I brought up the Youtube and showed him. 

33 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

oh yeah.... delirious  and cosby.

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

Had a little argument with someone a couple weeks ago about this. CIO of my company was saying how good Raw was. I was like. uhh no. I think you mean Delirious. He didn't believe me, till I brought up the Youtube and showed him. 

Delirious was the sh!t back then but also thought Raw was very funny. Eddie's stand up was great and better then his movies.

5 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Delirious was the sh!t back then but also thought Raw was very funny. Eddie's stand up was great and better then his movies.

I had delirious on tape. Was the only tape I ever listened to in my 2000 Mazda protege

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

I had delirious on tape. Was the only tape I ever listened to in my 2000 Mazda protege

I had it on tape as well and when we would play pick up basketball my friend always had me playing it out of my boom box.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

The reason for the battery location (as said directly by a GM Lambda engineer) is twofold:

1) Lends itself to better weight balance. Granted, this isn't a light sports coupe, but every little bit helps, and taking the relatively large weight of a battery off the nose and putting it in the middle is beneficial on a small scale.
2) Being out of the engine compartment, and essentially interior mounted, it is taken away from the high heat, dampness, and dirt that invade the engine compartment over time and actually reduce the battery life. It also further cleans up the engine compartment, leaving more space.

3) Entice some poor bastards to go the dealership for something as simple as replacing a battery.

4) To make people never want to own another Buick.

5) Buick engineers smoke crack cocaine.