League Champion

Donald Trump claims he will be arrested Tuesday in Manhattan probe, calls for protests

7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

if the protests to a trump indictment are bad enough, they could respond with a false flag attack on american soil, blame russia and kick off ww3.  the liberal elites seem to be begging for ww3 anyway.

JFC give it a rest dude

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Even if you accept his premises (which is that Biden also committed a crime) how does that change things here?

Putting aside Biden and Democrats, and all political concerns, do you agree that, if Trump committed a crime he should be prosecuted and punished? 

You commit a crime when you knowingly hire illegals and you should be prosectoted for it. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You commit a crime when you knowingly hire illegals and you should be prosectoted for it. 

Tardcore wants to destroy the American landscaping industry 

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

if the protests to a trump indictment are bad enough, they could respond with a false flag attack on american soil, blame russia and kick off ww3.  the liberal elites seem to be begging for ww3 anyway.

Someone is begging for WW3, that’s for sure.

52 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump did that too.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If Trump committed a crime should he  be punished for it? 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So you don’t think this is selective prosecution? I do. So no. The feds wouldn’t even take this case. What does that tell you?Glad to see you think no one is above the law. No one means no one. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No one is above the law, or at least no one should be, though we see the powerful can corrupt the system.

Sitting Presidents and those in the constitutional chain of succession should be immune from prosecution during their term of office.  During that time statutes of limitation ought to toll. Let the indictments issue, but be held in abeyance until the term of office has run its course.

I also think executive immunity should not extend to family members.  I do believe it should extend to cabinet members and to Presidential staff.  I am willing to discuss whether it should extend to protection details. 

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

No one is above the law, or at least no one should be, though we see the powerful can corrupt the system.

Sitting Presidents and those in the constitutional chain of succession should be immune from prosecution during their term of office.  During that time statutes of limitation ought to toll. Let the indictments issue, but be held in abeyance until the term of office has run its course.

Biden should be thrown out of office and hung for his crimes after a fair trial. 

16 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Trump did that too.  

Then why hasn’t he been prosecuted for it? Because so many others are doing it? 

When the magician wants me to look right by having his hot, scantily clad assistant in a sparkly costume bending over on the right, i wonder what is happening over to the left.

What is happening over to the left? 

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So it’s only the powerful that get away with breaking the law? The guy now prosecuting Trump refuses to enforce the law Every day, and not on behalf of the powerful.  

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you don’t think this is selective prosecution? I do. So no. The feds wouldn’t even take this case. What does that tell you?Glad to see you think no one is above the law. No one means no one. 

It could be selective prosecution. I’m not convinced yet that it is, but also not convinced that it isn’t. 

But I also am not sure that, if it is selective prosecution, that means Trump shouldn’t be punished. If there is evidence of a crime and Trump is found guilty that’ would be what is important. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Biden should be thrown out of office and hung for his crimes after a fair trial. 

Were he to be hung I would give odds he would break his own neck first just trying to climb the steps on the gallows.  Guaranteed he would trip and fall.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So it’s only the powerful that get away with breaking the law? The guy now prosecuting Trump refuses to enforce the law Every day, and not on behalf of the powerful.  

I did not say it is only the powerful who get away with it.  Also, the guy prosecuting Trump, or who may be prosecuting Trump, when he refuses to prosecute the non-powerful is not doing so on their behalf, but on behalf of his powerful patron, Geoerge Soros.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It could be selective prosecution. I’m not convinced yet that it is, but also not convinced that it isn’t. 

But I also am not sure that, if it is selective prosecution, that means Trump shouldn’t be punished. If there is evidence of a crime and Trump is found guilty that’ would be what is important. 

Nearly all prosecution is selective to one degree or another.  Prosecutors are imbued with prosecutoral discfretion which allows for selection.  How that discretion is wielded is worthy of examination.

10 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I find these types of posts interesting.  Seems I only see posts about Civil War and spilling blood from one side of the aisle in these threads.  

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tardcore thinks laws don't apply to his ilk.  He thinks he's above the law

7 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I find these types of posts interesting.  Seems I only see posts about Civil War and spilling blood from one side of the aisle in these threads.  

Well it is always the currently disenfranchised who seek revolutionary change.  Right now that is the right.

11 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

At some point it's going to happen, right? 

Isn't that the reason America is here at all? It's the natural progression, there's eventually a breaking point, no? 

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

What happened to Hillary Clinton’s campaign finance case? 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

At some point it's going to happen, right? 

Isn't that the reason America is here at all? It's the natural progression, there's eventually a breaking point, no? 

No, I don't believe the country as a whole will go to war with each other.   This is largely just b.s. posturing from grumpy old farts on the internet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Well it is always the currently disenfranchised who seek revolutionary change.  Right now that is the right.

I'd guess if you ask each side, they would respond that they are the disenfranchised side.  That's part of the problem.  

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

No, I don't believe the country as a whole will go to war with each other.   This is largely just b.s. posturing from grumpy old farts on the internet. 

Don't say "never", especially If things keep going the way they are. Wasn't there just an "insurrection"? 

Just now, League Champion said:

Don't say "never", especially If things keep going the way they are. Wasn't there just an "insurrection"? 

I didn't say never, I said I didn't believe there would be civil war.   Yes, there have been pockets of violence and insurrection, but that is a far cry from country-wide war.  

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The Justice Department decided that there was no crime to pursue. 

Did that not happen in the present sordid matter as well?

Just now, BuckSwope said:

I didn't say never, I said I didn't believe there would be civil war.   Yes, there have been pockets of violence and insurrection, but that is a far cry from country-wide war.  

Look around, we are at with each other. You're thinking in terms of killing each other. Look around 

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

I don't mind chopping wood

and I don't care if my moneys no good (O.K., maybe a little)

just take what you need and leave the rest

but they should never, have taken the very best.

Just now, League Champion said:

Look around, we are at with each other. You're thinking in terms of killing each other. Look around 

Based solely on your posts, I regard you as a rather ugly, ignorant racist bigot. Still I have no desire to go to war with you. As long as you don’t bother me or mine, go on believing whatever crap you want. 

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

I don't mind chopping wood

and I don't care if my moneys no good (O.K., maybe a little)

just take what you need and leave the rest

but they should never, have taken the very best.

Hard to believe this was written by Canadians, isn’t it? But so good. 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The Justice Department decided that there was no crime to pursue. 

Then why did she pay a fine? 

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Oh people are talking culture or virtual civil war when they are chirping about WW3 and blood being spilled?  Come on.  

Yes, I understand that there are many people who seem to hate each other. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hard to believe this was written by Canadians, isn’t it? But so good. 

I believe in the original version there was an "eh?" at the end of every line.  Cleaned up for American audiences. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Based solely on your posts, I regard you as a rather ugly, ignorant racist bigot. Still I have no desire to go to war with you. As long as you don’t bother me or mine, go on believing whatever crap you want. 

Why haven’t you called out Bidens bigoted comments about the Irish the other day? And numerous times before that? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why haven’t you called out Bidens bigoted comments about the Irish the other day? And numerous times before that? 

I have called out Biden’s bigoted comments on several occasions. But I don’t interact with Joe Biden on a discussion board.