Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Guns: The No. 1 cause of death for U.S. children

The number one cause of death forĀ children is abortion.

And it's not even close.

2 minutes ago, BLS said:

The number one cause of death forĀ children is abortion.

And it's not even close.

Not everyone agrees on them being considered kids when having an abortion.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Not everyone agrees on them being considered kids when having an abortion.

Well, they would have been if they hadn't killed them, wouldn't they?

Just now, BLS said:

Possibly.Ā  That is why it's such a difficult subject.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Possibly.Ā  That is why it's such a difficult subject.

Possibly?Ā  Aside from a natural death in the womb, it's definite.Ā  It's called science.

Note, at no time did I say abortion should be illegal or legal.Ā  I'm just making a concrete point.

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

There is no outsized crime problem in liberal controlled cities. Even though thatā€™s where the most crimes happen.Ā Ā You learn something stupid everyday.Ā 

3 minutes ago, BLS said:

Possibly?Ā  Aside from a natural death in the womb, it's definite.Ā  It's called science.

It's true except when it's not.Ā  GC logic.

9 minutes ago, BLS said:

Do you consider your sperm kids if you hadn't shot them intoĀ a tissue?

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No.

16 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You're a load that should of been swallowed.Ā 

* Not really, I just found that amusing šŸ˜

30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I feel like you're just trolling me at this point.Ā  Ā Here wereĀ the key parts of the conversation:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Then later you said "as you move into more rural areas you find more Republicans."Ā  Ā Which is exactly what I was saying.Ā  Small, micropolitan and noncore metros = more rural (and as a result, more Republican).Ā  Yet they hadĀ the same rate of child gun deaths as cities.

Because it is true.

Think of it this way. A politician is successful because they are gifted liars, and when they pander they do it according to their bias of course, so if it becomes true that someone is electedĀ  in a given locale, it is likely true that you will find that type of person is more populous in that location. Now some are more 50/50 so it could be some smaller issue that decides an election.

But when you take an area such as Baltimore in which Democrats have held sway as a rule, with some exceptions, for decades you can reasonably assert that the people in that area gravitate toward Democrat-style policies.Ā  Conversely, when you move into areas where Republicans seem to always be getting elected, those people have those views. And in a given area people will tend to think similarly.Ā 

Areas of higher population will typically, but not as a hard fast rule, have higher levels of everything. From income, to access to services and yes to even crime. More people = more stuff, generally. But not as a rule.Ā  Its correlation vs causation. Liberals tend to prefer urban areas, urban areas have more people and thus more stuff happening in general. Its not happening BECAUSE they are liberals, its happening BECAUSE there are just more people.Ā 

That is all I am stating.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Because it is true.

Think of it this way. A politician is successful because they are gifted liars, and when they pander they do it according to their bias of course, so if it becomes true that someone is electedĀ  in a given locale, it is likely true that you will find that type of person is more populous in that location. Now some are more 50/50 so it could be some smaller issue that decides an election.

But when you take an area such as Baltimore in which Democrats have held sway as a rule, with some exceptions, for decades you can reasonably assert that the people in that area gravitate toward Democrat-style policies.Ā  Conversely, when you move into areas where Republicans seem to always be getting elected, those people have those views. And in a given area people will tend to think similarly.Ā 

Areas of higher population will typically, but not as a hard fast rule, have higher levels of everything. From income, to access to services and yes to even crime. More people = more stuff, generally. But not as a rule.Ā  Its correlation vs causation. Liberals tend to prefer urban areas, urban areas have more people and thus more stuff happening in general. Its not happening BECAUSE they are liberals, its happening BECAUSE there are just more people.Ā 

I'm not sure what you're rambling about.

According to the CDC data, the rate of child gun deaths in 2020 was the same in cities (large central metros) as rural areas (small, micropolitan, and noncore metros).

Just now, TimHauck said:

I'm not sure what you're rambling about.

According to the CDC data, the rate of child gun deaths in 2020 was the same in cities (large central metros) as rural areas (small, micropolitan, and noncore metros).

Sure, why not, if you care about that sort of thing I could see that being something to note.Ā  Now, what are you going to do with that data point?

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Sure, why not, if you care about that sort of thing I could see that being something to note.Ā  Now, what are you going to do with that data point?

Ok, so now that we agree that the rate of child gun deaths is the same in cities as it is in rural areas, we need to also agree that "liberal policies" are not what is causing them.Ā  Again, this is referring to child deaths only.

Then, we can start to come up with solutions.Ā  For example, maybe more strict background checks could be a start.

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Ok, so now that we agree that the rate of child gun deaths is the same in cities as it is in rural areas, we need to also agree that "liberal policies" are not what is causing them.Ā  Again, this is referring to child deaths only.

Then, we can start to come up with solutions.Ā  For example, maybe more strict background checks could be a start.

Right, as I previously stated in this thread mutiple times, it is not the political affiliation so much as the population themselves.

You see, I don't beleive it giving people a pass on their behaviors because of political affiliation, race, gender or anything else.Ā  Nor do I believe the systems are racist, i think culture plays a prominent role in behaviors.

If you think back ground checks will do anything I have to tell you that it will not.Ā  In fact, criminals crave more restrictions....they are dependant in many cases on it.Ā 

Moving on from where the murders are mostly happening (liberal areas) now letā€™s talk about whoā€™s doing the murdering. Ā And letā€™s use rate, like liberals here have been citing. Go!Ā 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Moving on from where the murders are mostly happening (liberal areas) now letā€™s talk about whoā€™s doing the murdering. Ā And letā€™s use rate, like liberals here have been citing. Go!Ā 

Translation: Black people are the problem.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No, but they do have major problems in their communities,. especially with gun violence (illegally owned guns).Ā 

Why are you afraid to admit or see it? It's real, say it.Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Nope. A soft Ā on crime society is the problem. If I were in charge many black people wouldnā€™t be murdered or the victims of violent crime. But like someone stupid, you concentrate on the perp and look out for them, and show little regard for the victims. But to further demolish your point, letā€™s talk about who the victims are. Go!Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. A soft Ā on crime society is the problem. If I were in charge many black people wouldnā€™t be murdered or the victims of violent crime. But like someone stupid, you concentrate on the perp and look out for them, and show little regard for the victims. But to further demolish your point, letā€™s talk about who the victims are. Go!Ā 

You said you wanted to talk about who's doing the murdering, and you wanted to use rates.Ā  Go ahead.

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No, but they do have major problems in their communities,. especially with gun violence (illegally owned guns).Ā 

Why are you afraid to admit or see it? It's real, say it.Ā 

Ā 

No one can deny that poor inner cities have a crime and gun problem.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

How many blacks do you think die a week from killing each other?Ā 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

How many blacks do you think die a week from killing each other?Ā 

I have no idea, but I'm sure you keep a running total in your head so why don't you tell me.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You said you wanted to talk about who's doing the murdering, and you wanted to use rates.Ā  Go ahead.

Watch me say two things that are true: Black males do most of the killing, and black people are most of the victims. But you care much more about the former than you do the latter. I feel the other way. Your turn.Ā 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Watch me say two things that are true: Black males do most of the killing, and black people are most of the victims. But you care much more about the former than you do the latter. I feel the other way. Your turn.Ā 

Gutter Boy is an opportunist. He takes the low hanging fruit, GUNS and REPUBLICANS are bad. He doesn't want to admit that his own people are the primary source of violence, gun violence and murder.Ā 

Last I checked these were DemocratsĀ 

You wanted to talk about whos' doing the murdering.Ā  Those are your words.Ā  And I called you out on it.Ā  But now, you want to talk about the victims.Ā  How convenient.Ā  26 minutes ago you said "now letā€™s talk about whoā€™s doing the murdering" but after being called out on your BS, now you wanna talk about the victims, and spin it on me, that I don't care about the victims.Ā  You're a POS.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

You wanted to talk about whos' doing the murdering.Ā  Those are your words.Ā  And I called you out on it.Ā  But now, you want to talk about the victims.Ā  How convenient.Ā  26 minutes ago you said "now letā€™s talk about whoā€™s doing the murdering" but after being called out on your BS, now you wanna talk about the victims, and spin it on me, that I don't care about the victims.Ā  You're a POS.

I have mentioned both. You seem to want to avoid one part. As if there are murders and no victims. Ā 

I have mentioned both. You seem to want to avoid one part. As if there are murders and no victims. Ā 

He can't say it, haha. šŸ˜‚

SAY IT GUTTERBOY, SAY IT.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

šŸ’„

Ā 

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Rural areas apparently have a gun problem also