Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Marine doing Marine sh!t

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

you kill someone and had social media posts in your background like this I think it would be pretty bad for you. 

I agree, that's not cool at all. You do have to remember though, he's a former Marine. They are bred to kill, eliminate threats. They're not exactly rocket scientists. 

THIS WE'LL DEFEND - Go Army 🪖

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Chauvin was convicted of murder. 

That was murder, but at the same time he took a piece of shizz lifetime violent offender off the street, forever. Should we be lighting candles for George Floyd? Nope 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well, “Scott Adams was right” for starters. “George Floyd deserved to die” for another. I could go on. 

And a lot of people think the Marine is a murderer. I disagree but it’s a legitimate point of view, one to discuss and debate. Declaring anyone who thinks this way is an awful person is not only lazy, it’s wrong. 

No anyone who disagrees isn’t a man but a little b1tch who would sit by and watch a psycho harm others 

the world is a better place without George Floyd. That too wasn’t a murder but a political trial. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

I agree, that's not cool at all. You do have to remember though, he's a former Marine. They are bred to kill, eliminate threats. They're not exactly rocket scientists. 

THIS WE'LL DEFEND - Go Army 🪖

My thanks go out to anyone who served for us. Thank you all.

My understanding of this case is it comes down to the response being proportional and that will be determined by the prosecutor and if a case is brought by a jury. 

This is going to be very tough and I see very strong arguments being made both ways. IMO the people on the train with them will determine what happens. 

This is a very sad story, hopefully some real solutions can come out of this.

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That was murder, but at the same time he took a piece of shizz lifetime violent offender off the street, forever. Should we be lighting candles for George Floyd? Nope 

A cop cannot do this. It was terrible. 

Let’s get back to Daniel Penny, the marine in question. He and his lawyers have behaved very well IMO. He says he regrets having to subdue the guy but didn’t know what choice he had. His lawyers have said, on his behalf, that more must be done to help the mentally ill and homeless to avoid these situations. Unlike some of those here, Penny takes no joy in what happened and apparently is deeply upset that the guy died. 

Contrast this behavior with Rittenhouse, who cavorted with white supremacists and went into a riot looking for trouble. I believe Rittenhouse was a murderer (I can’t prove it) and deserves to rot in jail. Instead he continues to be treated as a hero by the same twisted folks who now regard Penny as the same kind of hero. I’m guessing Mr. Penny wouldn’t appreciate the comparison. 

Just now, thegeneral said:

Absolutely, and he's in jail where he belongs. George Floyd is where he belongs, in a pine box. 

Had the Marine blinked out the guys lights with a carotid hold they could have used the guy's shoe laces to tie him up.  By using an airway hold instead this lead to predictable results.  Still, this was a Marine and not a trained MMA fighter, at least as far as I know. Also, carotid holds can lead to death to.  Its just that it is a bit more unlikely, though anytime you try to render a person unconcious it is dangerous.

Let’s get back to Daniel Penny, the marine in question. He and his lawyers have behaved very well IMO. He says he regrets having to subdue the guy but didn’t know what choice he had. His lawyers have said, on his behalf, that more must be done to help the mentally ill and homeless to avoid these situations. Unlike some of those here, Penny takes no joy in what happened and apparently is deeply upset that the guy died. 

Contrast this behavior with Rittenhouse, who cavorted with white supremacists and went into a riot looking for trouble. I believe Rittenhouse was a murderer (I can’t prove it) and deserves to rot in jail. Instead he continues to be treated as a hero by the same twisted folks who now regard Penny as the same kind of hero. I’m guessing Mr. Penny wouldn’t appreciate the comparison. 

Can you show any facts whatsoever?? Absolutely not. Rittenhouse did not go into a riot looking for trouble as a matter of fact he ran away from trouble on multiple occasions. Not to mention you’re white supremacy claims. You’re probably one of those uneducated folks who think he carried a gun across state lines and killed some blacks 

believe Rittenhouse was a murderer

No he wasn't. I watched the live feed on Twitch as it happened. They were attacking him, he tried to avoid altercation but then some Liberal started beating him with a skateboard. That's a clean shoot all day everyday which is why he's not in jail. 

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Exactly. 

The only reason the comparison is being made here is because of the chokehold and the victim was black in both cases. But they’re really not comparable for many reasons, the most important one being that a police officer is more responsible for the results of his use of force than a private citizen. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No he wasn't. I watched the live feed on Twitch as it happened. They were attacking him, he tried to avoid altercation but then some Liberal started beating him with a skateboard. That's a clean shoot all day everyday which is why he's not in jail. 

I won’t re-prosecute it here. As I wrote, I can’t prove Rittenhouse was guilty of murder. And if I had been on that jury I would have been forced to vote “not guilty” because there was certainly reasonable doubt. But I believe he did commit murder. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Can you show any facts whatsoever?? Absolutely not. Rittenhouse did not go into a riot looking for trouble as a matter of fact he ran away from trouble on multiple occasions. Not to mention you’re white supremacy claims. You’re probably one of those uneducated folks who think he carried a gun across state lines and killed some blacks 

Rittenhouse was a foolish boy.  He lacked the training, experience and planning for waht he undertook.  He made a bad situation worse through bad choices.  Like many just emerging from adolesence he did not know his limitations and he over estimated his abilities leading to a very unfortunate outcome. 

7 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Had the Marine blinked out the guys lights with a carotid hold they could have used the guy's shoe laces to tie him up.  By using an airway hold instead this lead to predictable results.  Still, this was a Marine and not a trained MMA fighter, at least as far as I know. Also, carotid holds can lead to death to.  Its just that it is a bit more unlikely, though anytime you try to render a person unconcious it is dangerous.

From everything I've read, including what other marines have said, is that this hold held for this long leads to death, and when he felt him go limp, he held the hold, which ensures death.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Rittenhouse was a foolish boy.  He lacked the training, experience and planning for waht he undertook.  He made a bad situation worse through bad choices.  Like many just emerging from adolesence he did not know his limitations and he over estimated his abilities leading to a very unfortunate outcome. 

Why was he foolish. He showed he had amazing training. He removed himself from a situation multiple times and when he took a shot it was accurate and only after his life was in immediate threat. 

he eliminated a couple pedos while he was at it. Total win

• Like 1

Off this topic but the idea of anyone bringing a weapon into a known protest / riot situation is insane. It should carry a very stiff penalty.

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Why was he foolish. He showed he had amazing training. He removed himself from a situation multiple times and when he took a shot it was accurate and only after his life was in immediate threat. 

he eliminated a couple pedos while he was at it. Total win

He was foolish because he walked into a dangerous situation with inadequate coordiantion with authorities and without sufficient backup.  He had no appreciation for the situation.  He nearly lost control of his weapon which could have exacerbated an already inflamed situation.

Skill with a firearm mechanically and judgment with a firearm are two very different matters.  

• Like 1

Just now, thegeneral said:

Off this topic but the idea of anyone bringing a weapon into a known protest / riot situation is insane. It should carry a very stiff penalty.

Do you have the right to defend your family and property?

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Do you have the right to defend your family and property?

Yes.

That would be different than a protestor walking around with an AR or some dope kid driving an hour to “help”.

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

But not if the criminals do it. Only if it’s ones trying to protect things 

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

He was foolish because he walked into a dangerous situation with inadequate coordiantion with authorities and without sufficient backup.  He had no appreciation for the situation.  He nearly lost control of his weapon which could have exaserbated an already inflamed situation.

Skill with a firearm mechanically and judgment with a firearm are two very different matters.  

Show me where that’s required in the law or constitution?

20 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well, you'd done well in this thread until Rittenhouse.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

But not if the criminals do it. Only if it’s ones trying to protect things 

If I were in charge if a protestor brings a gun into a march or protest they go to pounded in the ass Fed prison. No questions asked. 

7 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

If I were in charge if a protestor brings a gun into a march or protest they go to pounded in the ass Fed prison. No questions asked. 

Oh spoken like someone who has never been to a protest or march. You think it’s like going to Disneyland or something?  

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Oh spoken like someone who has never been to a protest or march. You think it’s like going to Disneyland or something?  

Right. That’s exactly why no one should be bringing guns to them. 

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

From everything I've read, including what other marines have said, is that this hold held for this long leads to death, and when he felt him go limp, he held the hold, which ensures death.

I haven’t read this. Can you link it? 

IF it could be proven that Penny knew beforehand that the chokehold would lead to death if he didn’t release, and IF it can be proven that Penny felt the guy go limp and continued the chokehold knowing that death would probably result- then I would have to reassess my thoughts about this entire affair. But I gotta say it seems really unlikely. 

Even if Penny knew all this there is also the probability that he was amped up by the stress of the immediate situation and so continued the chokehold. As I pointed out earlier he’s not a trained police officer and shouldn’t be held to that standard. 

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I’ve been in several protests in recent years: for George Floyd, for abortion rights, for gun control. I’ve never seen any guns or other weapons. As usual you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Right. That’s exactly why no one should be bringing guns to them. 

What I’m getting at is that you think there is like an entrance that requires a ticket. 

let’s make it clear the second amendment is here to protect the first 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve been in several protests in recent years: for George Floyd, for abortion rights, for gun control. I’ve never seen any guns or other weapons. As usual you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. 

Oh you must be in those peaceful ones. Let’s just talk about the rittenhouse situation then. Cause the first gunshot didn’t come from him. Must have been a phantom gun

black panthers rallies all marched with guns 

tons of protests people are armed 

Lol at gun control protests I’ve been to, that is NOT a popular position. 

What I’m getting at is that you think there is like an entrance that requires a ticket. 

Sure. That doesn’t stop the idea that if you get caught bringing a weapon into a situation like this you will go to prison.

It can be after the fact, video evidence, etc. 

That would be my law not like it will ever happen.

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve been in several protests in recent years: for George Floyd,

Did you riot, break windows, assault the Police and loot like the other Animals did? 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Oh you must be in those peaceful ones. Let’s just talk about the rittenhouse situation then. Cause the first gunshot didn’t come from him. Must have been a phantom gun

black panthers rallies all marched with guns 

tons of protests people are armed 

That wasn’t a protest. That was a riot. 

The George Floyd protests were almost all peaceful, organized events that took place at public venues in the light of day. After they were over, several hours later at night, thugs came out and looted and burned and rioted. That had nothing to do with the peaceful protests hours before. 

Just now, League Champion said:

Did you riot, break windows, assault the Police and loot like the other Animals did? 

None of that took place during the organized protests. Please see my earlier post. 

None of that took place during the organized protests. Please see my earlier post. 

None huh? BLM flags, gay flags everywhere. Did I imagine the rioting and looting? It sure looked like an organized event to me 

26 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

If dumbass like you did that to the looters and rioters, there wouldn't be anyone there in need of guns. Instead you do the opposite and cheer for The Joker's minions go off.

Way off the original topic which is a good one if we can keep all the racist shet out.

This sidebar is also pretty good.