Higgins WR

Here's who's left: Dotson WR, Pittman WR, M. Thomas WR, Thielen WR

can only keep 3, thoughts?

I wouldn’t keep M Thomas.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t keep M Thomas.  

i would, his ceiling is huge.

Pittman for sure.

Thomas has huge upside, but also hasnt been healthy for some time.   

Dotson also has huge upside coming off a rookie season of just over 500 yards receiving.    I"m guessing he puts up at least 7 or 800 yards but has an upside of 1000+ which he may or may not require another year to achieve (assuming good health)

But Thelan is most definitely at or near his expiry date.  hes been borderline fantasy relevant for the last couple years and I dont see that improving in Carolina by all that much.

if these are the only choices I pick Pittman, Thomas and Dotson.

Thelan is borderline., and even though he outperformed Thomas I'd rather shoot for the moon and hope he can finally have a healthy season.   if he does, it could be championship time.   those are the kind of risks worth taking.

Thielen will be the wr1 on the Panthers.  Not that going to make it a great play, but his ceiling is more than five games.  

OP I would keep Thielen 

Outside of Higgins I'm not overly sold on any of the other WRs.  You got two unproven rookie QBs with the Colts and Panthers. No clue about the QB situation in Washington. Thielen and Thomas are both old.  Thomas has not been healthy in two seasons.  That said keep Pittman, Dotson, and Thielen.  

Henry is old and has a lot of miles on the tires. I would put out feelers and see what I can get for him.

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Outside of Higgins I'm not overly sold on any of the other WRs.  You got two unproven rookie QBs with the Colts and Panthers. No clue about the QB situation in Washington. Thielen and Thomas are both old.  Thomas has not been healthy in two seasons.  That said keep Pittman, Dotson, and Thielen.  

Henry is old and has a lot of miles on the tires. I would put out feelers and see what I can get for him.

That’s why the OP didn’t have Higgins listed with the others.   

I do agree about Henry , this the season I’m moving him down to a late first rd pick, of course talking  about a 14 team league, not one of those lesser ten team leagues. 

You can cut Thielen or Michael Thomas and it won't matter.  

I'd cut Thomas.  A 30 year old receiver that isn't motivated to stay on the field (until next year probably when it'll be a contract year)

It will matter, don’t cut the player that will produce the more ff  points, that’s going to be Thielen.  

On 5/28/2023 at 2:52 PM, Super Cubs said:

I am pretty sure Henry has one more good  year left.

Not sure I'd bet on him after this year.   its dicey, but I do think hes fantasy worthy for one last draft.

I like Pittman.  hes a young player on the rise and hes already arrived.   a 1000 yard season and a second season close to 1000 where if he played the full season likely hits 1000.   though the QB situation isnt as steady as you'd like so thats a negative.

I think hes lowside WR3 but has WR1 upside.     but draft him as a WR2.

I do love Dotson.  500 yards over 12 games as a rookie.   projects to wr3/4 numbers if he plays full season.  I have to think he will get better.   though once again the QB situation is concerning.  not sure if Howell is good enough to support a significant breakout.   I think hes a WR3 at the end of the day.   if Howell breaks out hes WR2 with a little more upside. 

honestly hes a player you want if you are in a rebuild, this team could challenge for something more.  you might be able to trade dotson for a more established WR to a team in rebuild mode.   something you wouldnt be able to do with Thelien.

Thomas I'll admit I"m not a huge fan but in his couple healthy games he at least showed he can still play.    with him it all really depends on his health, but if hes your 3rd WR behind Pittman and Higgins I really think the risk isnt terrible.   you can probably get thelien back in the draft (or auction)if you really want him  I cant see a lot of teams banging down the door to get the guy.   His time has come.   if hes a 700=800 yard WR and hes on the wrong side of 30, there is no need to overvalue him.   there are probably a half dozen guys like him available in the draft or on the wire.    It pains me to say that... I used to be a fan of his.   but I just dont see the same things in his game that made him a star early in his career.

On paper the Titans look like an awful offensive team, I think it’s going to be a tough season for Henry.  I’ve just started working on my personal rankings, and right now I have Henry listed around 9th.  I just started today, so I need to change my opinion about Henry, I don’t think he’s going to be a rd one pick for me.   In my full ppr I even have N Harris one spot ahead of him, I’m glad it’s just May   

14 team half ppr/ 14 team full ppr.  

I would keep Dotson and Pittman definitely due to their youth and upside.

Theilen or Thomas, that's a tough call. It basically comes down to, do you want high floor or a high ceiling? 

Theilen probably doesn't have more upside than a flex option, but at worst he will be a guy you're glad you have on the bench when you need him.

Thomas, we know his upside, at least we did 4-5 seasons ago. He's just 30, and should be fresh if he can stay healthy. If he can do that, the sky is the limit, kind of like Antonio Brown. Also like Antonio Brown, big if on the staying healthy and on the field. If you want to swing for the fences, take him, but it's probably just gonna be an easy pop fly.