Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

2023 Ryder Cup

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Was hoping for Glover or Harmon since this might be their shot.

harman is automatically on the team. 

35 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

harman is automatically on the team. 

Oh nice. Thought it would be crazy if he were not on there.

As much as I’d like to punch Keegan in the face he’s got the perfect game and attitude for the RC, hope he’s the last pick. 

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

As much as I’d like to punch Keegan in the face he’s got the perfect game and attitude for the RC, hope he’s the last pick. 

Dude definitely brought some spark

7 hours ago, bostonlager said:

The most punchable face on tour -Justin Thomas, just got even more punchable. 

Wait till you meet @edjr in person

• Haha 2

U.S. Captain Zach Johnson revealed his six Captain’s picks on Tuesday – Sam Burns, Rickie Fowler, Brooks Koepka, Collin Morikawa, Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas. They’ll join automatic qualifiers Scottie Scheffler, Wyndham Clark, Brian Harman, Patrick Cantlay, Max Homa and Xander Schauffele

I understand his past RC performances.  But those were also in years where he was actually good.  Not a fan of JT on the team.  Totally understand he could play great and make people eat their words.  

Best finish a 4th in February.   4 majors 3 missed cuts and one t65.  Missed 5 of last 8 cuts.  Didn't make the playoffs.  

50 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand his past RC performances.  But those were also in years where he was actually good.  Not a fan of JT on the team.  Totally understand he could play great and make people eat their words.  

Best finish a 4th in February.   4 majors 3 missed cuts and one t65.  Missed 5 of last 8 cuts.  Didn't make the playoffs.  

Trying to rekindle JT/Jordan bromance thay made to break up the Jordan/Reed combo.  It ain’t happening

Never gonna root against the USA, but JT over Keegan is an unlikable move.

9 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

Never gonna root against the USA, but JT over Keegan is an unlikable move.

I understand guys with a more storied career are going to get leeway.   But Beau Hossler may not even be happy with the season JT just had.  What we grandfather them in and there are 3 real spots left? What would JT have to do not take make the team?  Skip the season?  Mind boggling to me.  Merit has to factor in some.  

They turned this into a buddy's trip to Rome. 

Maybe the most boring US RC team ever assembled.

On 8/28/2023 at 10:47 PM, KSB2424 said:

Wait till you meet @edjr in person

🤗

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BufordT said:

They turned this into a buddy's trip to Rome. 

Maybe the most boring US RC team ever assembled.

JT still could have gone as a caddie. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fireballer said:

They’re trying to make JT, USA’s Poulter.

Reed mighta been on that track as well, pre-LIV

1 minute ago, patweisers44 said:

Reed mighta been on that track as well, pre-LIV

Absolutely.  That win against Rory was legendary.

Just now, Fireballer said:

Absolutely.  That win against Rory was legendary.

I rewatched an edited version of that match where they only showed their shots and not the entire telecast not too long ago. Such a great match 

• Like 1

I don't want to root on the Euros.  But wild that they are the dogs.   Maybe it is just popular USA money.  No one wants to bet the Euros.  USA hasnt won over there in how long? Turmoil with JT pick and Brooks.  And the Americans best player has cooled down and cant make a 6 foot putt.  

Euros may have the better team anyway.  

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I don't want to root on the Euros.  But wild that they are the dogs.   Maybe it is just popular USA money.  No one wants to bet the Euros.  USA hasnt won over there in how long? Turmoil with JT pick and Brooks.  And the Americans best player has cooled down and cant make a 6 foot putt.  

What would the issue with Brooks be? He clearly belongs on the team.

Just now, Reality said:

Not sure.   Seems to have smoothed over but some guys may not appreciate LIV guys getting a captain's pick. Not sure how tight this team is. Of course he deserves it.  Did you miss all the drama this past season?  6-5-1 which isn't bad in ryder cup but I don't think Brooks having to rely on another player is his favorite format.  

28 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not sure.   Seems to have smoothed over but some guys may not appreciate LIV guys getting a captain's pick. Not sure how tight this team is. Of course he deserves it.  Did you miss all the drama this past season?  6-5-1 which isn't bad in ryder cup but I don't think Brooks having to rely on another player is his favorite format.  

35 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

My thoughts exactly.

I’ve got questions about Zacks leadership too.

When is Tiger going to be Captain? I want to see KSB's haid 'splode. 

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

When is Tiger going to be Captain? I want to see KSB's haid 'splode. 

My guess is 2025 so he has a home game. 

6 hours ago, Reality said:

when he says turmoil I think he simply means the idea that a LIV player was a captains pick for the RC. With how much controversy still surrounds that, despite all the egg on the face of the PGA tour and that the RC isnt something they can control, it still rubs people the wrong way and could potentially be a distraction. Also, Brooks had previously been on record about not caring about team stuff anyway

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

when he says turmoil I think he simply means the idea that a LIV player was a captains pick for the RC. With how much controversy still surrounds that, despite all the egg on the face of the PGA tour and that the RC isnt something they can control, it still rubs people the wrong way and could potentially be a distraction. Also, Brooks had previously been on record about not caring about team stuff anyway

Yeah pretty much.  He belongs and everything seems smoothed over but its nice to have as much chemistry and comradery as you can.  Probably won't be any big issue but outside jt rick and speef I would guess the Euro team is tighter.  Usual are anyway I suppose.   

Other than the idea that auto money comes in on team USA out of fandom, I am surprised to see them the favorites when you consider everything.   Usually USA has a stronger team.   They may still but by my eye it is basically the same.  Bobby Mac Fleetwood Fitz and Meronk have all won at this place or finished runner up over last 3 Italian Opens.  I believe they were all at this course.  

I just bet the euros at +140

put your $$ on team USA accordingly

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

I just bet the euros at +140

put your $$ on team USA accordingly

I think Zach Johnson took the same bet. 

Is Daniel Berger still alive? Not suggesting he should be anywhere near this team, but he disappeared 

13 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I think Zach Johnson took the same bet. 

And Phil :ninja:

18 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Is Daniel Berger still alive? Not suggesting he should be anywhere near this team, but he disappeared 

He had a serious injury from what I remember. I saw a clip the other day with him hitting balls again though.