Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Donald Trump wants to raise import taxes (tariffs) to 10% on all products if he wins the election

From the OP:

Again, in my opinion, this one issue would be enough to oppose Trump’s Biden's re-election in favor of almost anyone else

Well, it's good to know Trump has @The Real timschochet's vote!

Also.   So, what do Trump voters think of this asks Tim? Meh.   What do Biden voters think of this? Knowing that he's just keeping all of this intact...aren't you guys supposed to hate everything that OMB did? And the increases are this year while Biden is in office. So....yeah. Not sure this is the hill you wanna die on Timmay. 

Biden, whose administration has reviewed the tariff rates over the past year, is keeping intact more than $300 billion in tariffs imposed by former President Donald Trump. The tariff increases include:

• Electric vehicles from China: from 25% to 100% beginning this year.
  • Semiconductors from China: from 25% to 50% by 2025.
  • Lithium-ion batteries from China used in electric vehicles: from 7.5% to 25% this year.
  • Solar cells imported from China: from 25% to 50% this year.
  • Steel and aluminum products: from zero-7.5% to 25% this year.
  • Ship-to-shore container cranes imported from China: from zero to 25% this year
  • Hospital syringes and needles made in China: from zero to 50% this year.

Actually reading this thread for the first time... let me know if I got this wrong.

Approximately 9 months ago, board Lefties said that Trump's planned 10% (across the board), tariff proposal was going to be "catastrophic" for our economy.  They believe that this alone should be enough for us to change our vote to Biden.  Fast forward 9 months and Biden is going leave a tariff plan in place that will be upwards of 25 to 100%, on certain products from certain countries (China).

So now, board Lefties will come back and tell us how this tariff is (D)ifferent and that we're overreacting.  They'll tell us that Biden is still a better choice than Trump... even though Biden's tariff plan light years worse than what Trump proposed, it won't be catastrophic.

Guess they'll have to wait for WAPO to tell them why this isn't as bad as what Trump was proposing, before they get back to us.

Don’t worry Tim. The tariffs are on EV’s made in China. Not Chinese EV’s made in Mexico. Blackrock calls the shots. 

Biden and Trump have it right. The country needs to maintain its manufacturing base, not import everything from China. Usually Biden is fully in cahoots with the uniparty corporate globalist Democrats and Bushtarded Republicans on most every issue, but he's always been good on this one since he's been in office, and props to him for that.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Biden and Trump have it right. The country needs to maintain its manufacturing base, not import everything from China. Usually Biden is fully in cahoots with the uniparty corporate globalist Democrats and Bushtarded Republicans on most every issue, but he's always been good on this one since he's been in office, and props to him for that.

He needs UAW in Michigan. It's another desperate attempt to buy votes. He could have done this 3 years ago 

Just now, Horseman said:

He needs UAW in Michigan. It's another desperate attempt to buy votes. He could have done this 3 years ago 

Better pander to them than the Hamas supporters in Michigan, so he got something right. Glad Trump makes the same appeal.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Better pander to them than the Hamas supporters in Michigan, so he got something right. Glad Trump makes the same appeal.

If you haven't noticed, he's pandering to BOTH.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

If you haven't noticed, he's pandering to BOTH.

I have... 

... I'll just save my bashing on him for the 85% of what he's doing that I don't like.

Gee Tim is ignoring his own thread.  LOL.

Timmay:  Trump is going to destroy the economy with tariffs!!!!!

Also Timmay: I gladly hire illegal immigrants and pay them in cash under the table so that they and I don't have to pay taxes!!!!! 

Were tariffs bad when Biden did them?

No, of course they were not, they are a useful tool that we can leverage when the need arises.

Stop pretending Trump is different or worse than any other politician, his only distinction is that our lives were better...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BTW I thought solar was good, batteries and electric cars are good.

Don't we have a climate emergency? All the coasts will be underwater in 10 years. 

Call me a liberal because I'm really confused. Why would Biden knowingly make it harder to stop climate change? shouldn't we welcome these things as cheap as possible so more people use them. Leaders are having serious discussions about limiting how people can freely travel. States are limiting what areas are sold.

WE HAVE A CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!!

Everything about Democrats is focking retarded 

Biden’s tariff decision is terrible. It’s not as bad as Trump’s would be  for the simple reason that Biden is mainly limiting it to one country (China)  while Trump wants tariffs on all countries:

Even so it’s an awful decision. If the Republican Party offered a free trade candidate as in the old days, he or she would get my vote. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Biden’s tariff decision is terrible. It’s not as bad as Trump’s would be  for the simple reason that Biden is mainly limiting it to one country (China)  while Trump wants tariffs on all countries:

Even so it’s an awful decision. If the Republican Party offered a free trade candidate as in the old days, he or she would get my vote. 

No it’s not.  It’s fake. The EV’s he put tariffs on are the ones coming directly from China. As long as they are assembled in Mexico then they aren’t subjected to it. He’s lying again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Bidens is way WAY worse. We are in a climate emergency. 100s of millions of lives are at stake. Whole countries are going to be wiped off the map. Your side has said this is a national emergency. Your side is making laws that make life harder for the average US citizen. 

That being said. YOUR president just increased the cost of many of the things YOUR side says can literally save the planet. 

How do you answer that Tim? Either the planet is dying and we need to do everything we can to help it. Or we ban/drastically increase the price of those life-saving tools.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Bidens is way WAY worse. We are in a climate emergency. 100s of millions of lives are at stake. Whole countries are going to be wiped off the map. Your side has said this is a national emergency. Your side is making laws that make life harder for the average US citizen. 

That being said. YOUR president just increased the cost of many of the things YOUR side says can literally save the planet. 

How do you answer that Tim? Either the planet is dying and we need to do everything we can to help it. Or we ban/drastically increase the price of those life-saving tools.

First off he’s your President too. Just as Donald Trump was my President. 

Second, climate change is a serious problem. The Earth is not dying. But human existence here will certainly be threatened if we don’t address it. 

Third we cannot solve climate change by restricting existing technologies. This is where the left get its wrong. We can only solve it by coming up with new alternatives that are cost effective than the ones we have. Nuclear fusion seems like the obvious answer. 

Finally: free trade creates wealth, and wealth creates technology. Free trade prevents wars. Free trade leads to prosperity. If you study human history, tariffs have never produced anything worthwhile. It’s a tax on the consumer. Read Milton Friedman (no wait you’ll never read him.) Read Ludwig Von Mises. Or Adam Smith. 

11 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

First off he’s your President too. Just as Donald Trump was my President. 

Second, climate change is a serious problem. The Earth is not dying. But human existence here will certainly be threatened if we don’t address it. 

Third we cannot solve climate change by restricting existing technologies. This is where the left get its wrong. We can only solve it by coming up with new alternatives that are cost effective than the ones we have. Nuclear fusion seems like the obvious answer. 

Finally: free trade creates wealth, and wealth creates technology. Free trade prevents wars. Free trade leads to prosperity. If you study human history, tariffs have never produced anything worthwhile. It’s a tax on the consumer. Read Milton Friedman (no wait you’ll never read him.) Read Ludwig Von Mises. Or Adam Smith. 

No, it's not "a serious problem". It's a national emergency. It's justification for opening our border. Many call it the biggest threat to the world, after white supremacy . 

So either that's true or it's more made up bullsh1t.