Sign in to follow this  
HellToupee

1.2MILLION US-born workers lost their jobs last month - replaced by 688,000 foreign-born workers

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

He’s part of the problem. He most definitely is. 

He is. It only takes one to contribute. For guttermutt to say he's not responsible is the same as saying your vote doesn't count so no one should vote.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes I do 3-4 times a year what literally thousands of Americans do every day. I don’t see anything wrong with it. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

None of that would happen if we had a better way for them to come here legally. 

I challenge that you really give a damn about the welfare of these women. If you did, you wouldn’t offer a solution of simply walling off the border and deporting anyone already here. 

How did people arrive here legally before?  Say from 1900 to 1990, many immigrants came, and majority came legally through that system that was set up.

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

How did people arrive here legally before?  Say from 1900 to 1990, many immigrants came, and majority came legally through that system that was set up.

Liberals don't care. 

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

None of that would happen if we had a better way for them to come here legally. 

I challenge that you really give a damn about the welfare of these women. If you did, you wouldn’t offer a solution of simply walling off the border and deporting anyone already here. 

A better way? They are being let in and given benefits.  Would you like us to send a plane for them? What a stooge. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Would you like us to send a plane for them?

They threw a hissy fit when they were given a plane ride to Martha’s Vineyard 

33 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

If I hire a company like 1-800 Got Junk chances are they are using illegals as well, and charging me more as a middleman. That’s just stupid for a 2-3 hour job. Plus these are common area fees which are passed on to the small business tenants. 

Some of you have no focking idea how business actually works. You claim to be conservatives, what a joke. 

Nope. 1-800 Junk has legal workers and they pay pretty well for manual labor. You have no clue because you didn’t bother to find out. Just took the option that best benefits you. 

59 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

from 1880 to around 1925, we basically had open legal immigration. We were far better off for it. We’ll probably never return to those days but I would like to 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

from 1880 to around 1925, we basically had open legal immigration. We were far better off for it. We’ll probably never return to those days but I would like to 

We aren't in 1880 anymore. Check your calendar. What was the population in 1880? 50M?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And were people coming here and getting I phones and being put up in hotels? Free medical, schooling and a hundred other services? Yeah, it’s exactly the same. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And were people coming here and getting I phones and being put up in hotels? Free medical, schooling and a hundred other services? Yeah, it’s exactly the same. 

It's exhausting what that guy spews. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

They are still largely using that system, it's just very broken and exploitable.   A legal means of entry is showing up, claiming asylum, and showing up to your court date.  That is now 4 1/2 years from what I read, so they are basically getting free passes in.   Then when they get here there is no lack of jobs.    These are the core issues as I see them.   

As tim said above, we basically had open borders until the early 70s - there were illegals, but they largely kept families at home, went back home for large stretches and the numbers were more manageable.    That changed, and we made the barrier for entry/exit higher - and as a result, instead of going back home the families started coming with them or after them at a higher %.   I read an interesting study that talked about some of this as well, and showed numbers that suggested we have 25%+ more illegals now than what they projected with the rate of growth we saw before the 70s.  

20 hours ago, thegeneral said:

What effect does raising tariffs have on cost of the product and more importantly to this hiring in say a service industry or agricultural job paying 10 bucks an hour?

Regarding CEO pay you think that this is reasonable: Link

We are full. We don't need expanding service industry jobs or expansion of other low to lower wage industries.  Neither do we have to exponentially increase foreign/illegal labor every year under the guise of filling agricultural jobs.  Tariffs protect domestic industry from cheap imports.  I'd rather most things be made here than imported from slave-wage countries (and you've said nothing about labor practices elsewhere).  For the most part, the shareholders hire the Board, who in turn sets CEO compensation.  If you don't like their decisions, you replace them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Where’s AOC? When she can’t blame republicans she’s nowhere to be found. 

On 9/6/2023 at 2:30 PM, The Real timschochet said:

I am deeply troubled by your position. I do not think you uderstand the harm, notably to historically disenfranchised communities, that your position on this entails.

It would be unwise to leverage past actions in such a manner. They may have been suitable to their time, but that does not make them always useful

The problem in Texas is that while it’s a red state, it keeps electing a lot of RINOS. The Bush family is still a major player. 

10 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I certainly don’t agree with everything Kirk says, but he’s right here.  Blue Texas will mean complete domination in federal elections

https://x.com/charliekirk11/status/1700252725681025096?s=46&t=DFWeVowvyy-F23jlecK3zw

I mean I know you think dems are dumb, but everywhere I look I see articles about the rising support of the GOP among Latinos.   So the theory that you agree with is that Dems (and only Dems?) want these people here, and what they are currently doing is trying to flood Texas with Latinos, then make it so they can't leave, so they can control federal elections?    You could be right, but it seems really dumb and out there as their plan.   Much easier would be ditch the woke and focus on policies that connect with the populace.  

When I read articles like I describe, I wonder if the Latino vote would get to a point for the GOP where they magically stop pretending to be so anti-illegal.  

On 9/6/2023 at 10:39 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. 1-800 Junk has legal workers and they pay pretty well for manual labor. You have no clue because you didn’t bother to find out. Just took the option that best benefits you. 

I'm going to ping @BunnysBastatrds

I told you months ago that timschochet was a worthless POS that would drag this place into the dirt just like he did at "the other place" 

Paying people, with no other real choices, sub minimum wage for back breaking labor, then if they get hurt, wants your tax dollars and my tax dollars to pay for it. Trying to gaslight everyone into comparing it with "jaywalking" then saying all of us here are the ones who are "dehumanizing" someone. 

And I'm not the only other person here saying it. It's lots of people. They watched timschochet drag the other place down for years. The site owner of the other place said in public that the stress of the personal attacks, gaslighting and BS from the forums was messing with his self care and personal health. Most of it coming from timschochet. The response? timschochet literally doubled downed until the place is basically on full lock down. No one can really talk about most current events anymore. 

He's a piece of trash and he gets off on exploiting those who can't defend themselves. He's going to absolutely ruin this place if he stays. 

On 9/6/2023 at 10:39 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/brian-flores-sues-nyg-and-nfl-for-racial-discrimination.803131/post-23887240

timschochet Posted February 16 2022

Actually I don’t hire undocumented people to cut costs. I do it because they are the only ones available to perform the day labor I sometimes need. If native born guys were standing outside Home Depot looking for work I’d hire them willingly enough, but they don’t. Also I don’t dicker with the folks I hire; I describe the work to them and then pay them what they ask, usually with a pretty generous tip. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/please-don’t-call-undocumented-people-“illegal-immigrants”.796358/post-23375090

timschochet Posted April 30, 2021

I think people are either misunderstanding independent contractor laws or misunderstanding me. Let’s be clear: 

1. As a property manager of several shopping centers, from time to time I need temporary manual labor. A couple of hours work max. So I go to Home Depot, describe the work, and pay whatever these guys want to charge me. I assume some of them are undocumented. I don’t know. I hire them because, frankly, there is nobody else to do it. 
2. I don’t pay any “non-temporary” employees under the table. Never have. What I do is perfectly legal under the laws of California, and, IMO, perfectly ethical. 
3. That said, I don’t judge those who hire these people full time and pay them under the table. I wouldn’t do it but I get it- it’s a minor crime, like jaywalking or coming across the border. I classify this sort of crime, like any black market, as the result of too many restrictions on capitalism. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/please-don’t-call-undocumented-people-“illegal-immigrants”.796358/post-23374644

timschochet Posted April 29, 2021

Depends on the job. Sometimes it probably works out to under minimum wage; sometimes over. The whole point of independent contractor work is that you don’t worry about it. I pay for convenience and availability. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/please-don’t-call-undocumented-people-“illegal-immigrants”.796358/post-23373480

timschochet Posted April 29, 2021 (edited)

By referring to an undocumented person as an “illegal” we are dehumanizing them, making them non-persons in our society. I do not believe this is deliberate for most people who use this term; they do so without really considering the effects of what they’re saying . Which is why I do not, at the present time, condemn anyone for using the term “illegal”. But I would like to reach a time when everyone recognizes that it’s offensive, and then we CAN condemn those who use it. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/california-will-soon-be-the-worlds-5th-largest-economy.757419/post-22010098

timschochet Posted July 11, 2019

I don’t think so. This issue was discussed at length over 20 years ago when Prop 187 was debated. By giving undocumented immigrants basic health access we are preventing public health concerns and saving money in the long term. It makes good sense. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/illegal-immigrants-and-the-virus.784361/post-22578657

timschochet Posted March 17, 2020

I don’t want to engage in another argument about the status of the people. Yes they didn’t come here legally. Yes they broke the law coming. No they don’t pay as much taxes as legal citizens. Yes they can be a drain on our system. Maybe they shouldn’t be here. We all know all the arguments; I agree with some and not others but even if you agree with all of this it does not change the facts and we have an urgent problem that needs to be addressed, and it can’t wait any longer: 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/unofficial-canadian-thread-previously-trucker-convoy-thread.803112/post-23880764

timschochet Posted February 12 2022

That’s a positive impact. We actually grow richer as a result of illegal immigration

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/do-you-regret-voting-for-biden.792717/post-23779271

timschochet Posted December 22, 2021

I wasn’t trying to shock you. My views on this issue are pretty much well known here. I don’t regard them as radical. 
I believe that illegal immigration is a net gain for our society, both economically and culturally. I am basically for open immigration. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/wh-considering-450k-payouts-to-illegal-immigrants-separated-at-border.801145/post-23674418

timschochet Posted October 31, 2021

2. On the rest of your post, I don’t see the point in continually rehashing these issues. All I can say is that the facts overwhelmingly support my position: illegal immigrants are a net economic benefit to our society, and a net cultural benefit to our society, and it would be to our great advantage to let as many of them in as possible and to give most of the ones already here a path to citizenship. I fully realize this is a minority opinion and probably always will be, but I will continue to push for it. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/official-president-joe-biden-thread-best-ever.790013/post-23995570

timschochet Posted April 27

I don’t believe in slave labor, and I’m quite willing to discuss the burdens of which there are many and not evenly placed. My overall argument is that the benefits outweigh them, but that doesn’t mean the burdens don’t exist. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-trump-years-every-day-something-more-shocking-than-the-last.753767/post-20741985

timschochet Posted January 5, 2018

Suppose on January 5th, 2018 we allow two immigrants to come to this country: the first an engineer with job skills and a bank account, the second a day laborer with $50. If we look back at this decision 20 years from now, which immigrant was of greater benefit? Who knows? Maybe the engineer builds a bridge that we can use. But maybe the unskilled laborer saves somebody’s life. Maybe the laborer’s kid goes to medical school and cures brain cancer. Who knows? My point is that it’s impossible to distinguish between them in terms of future benefit. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/please-don’t-call-undocumented-people-“illegal-immigrants”.796358/post-23375464

timschochet Posted April 30, 2021

But I’m still not convinced that I am doing anything morally, ethically wrong in my transactions with day laborers. Quite the opposite. 

Let's unpack this. Tim wants as much illegal immigration as possible. He just doesn't want you to use those terms. He argues feverishly that illegal immigrants are not all criminals.

Tim has however admitted to using them as cheap day labor to dump things like couches from his malls. And at times "it works out" to paying them sub minimum wage. But hey, he also gives a generous tip. And he wants them to all have health care here, paid with our tax dollars of course, so he can't be sued later if one of them gets hurt dumping a couch illegally, just as long as it's not in one of those malls. 

Tim doesn't believe in slave labor. But these illegal immigrants who are dumping his couches have no rights, no protection, no advocacy, not recourse if Tim decides not to pay them. Or to act in an abusive manner or any other host of potential chaos and discord and ill will.  But it's all OK, because they are "net economic benefit" ( To Tim directly, for the rest of us, it's costing us tax dollars to deal with the problems of illegal immigration)  and a "net gain for society, economically" and that "We all grow richer as a result of illegal immigration" ( How do we all grow richer when it's eating up our tax dollars with fentanyl coming in lethal doses by the millions, also those on the Terror Watch list coming through, with many many many more just plain coming through unvaccinated....)

Tim says they broke the law and they shouldn't be here and they are a drain on our system, but maybe, just maybe, one of them will have a child that cures brain cancer or does something else super special amazing!  So the best way to handle this according to "Michael"? Not label them as "illegals" in the first place. Despite the fact that Tim himself says, "Yes, they didn't come here legally"

Tim says there is no one else available to dump couches illegally somewhere for him but he would hire them if they were available, and yet the only place Tim looks is at the Home Depot.

https://www.1800gotjunk.com/us_en

I mean, it's not like there exists any other large scale service on the entire Internet to get a rid of an unwanted couch in a mall besides paying an illegal sub minimum wage to commit a crime by dumping it somewhere else.

So for Tim to avoid calling this all an "invasion" and maintaining his cheap labor force ( which he said even if someone was operating illegally, it's just like jaywalking), we all get instead

- Increased incidents of 11 and 12 year old Mexican girls getting gang raped, sodomized and sexually trafficked by Cartel, mules, coyotes and career criminals.

- Increased fentanyl coming across that represents millions of lethal doses

- Increased numbers of unvaccinated coming across in the middle of a world wide pandemic

-  Texas National Guardsman Bishop Evans drowning to death attempting to save the lives of two illegals, who were found later to be drug mules

- Creating massive costs for logistics/enforcement/processing/etc/etc , with our tax dollars, when already facing out of control inflation

- Rapists, convicted murderers, drug dealers, child molesters, pedophiles, Cartel members and those on the Terror Watch list waltzing right on through.

- Threatening America's national security

- Turning the entire Southern Border into a hotbed of chaos and destroying those communities.

Remember guys, it's NOT AN INVASION because God forbid Tim has to move an abandoned couch all by himself.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

I'm going to ping @BunnysBastatrds

I told you months ago that timschochet was a worthless POS that would drag this place into the dirt just like he did at "the other place" 

Paying people, with no other real choices, sub minimum wage for back breaking labor, then if they get hurt, wants your tax dollars and my tax dollars to pay for it. Trying to gaslight everyone into comparing it with "jaywalking" then saying all of us here are the ones who are "dehumanizing" someone. 

And I'm not the only other person here saying it. It's lots of people. They watched timschochet drag the other place down for years. The site owner of the other place said in public that the stress of the personal attacks, gaslighting and BS from the forums was messing with his self care and personal health. Most of it coming from timschochet. The response? timschochet literally doubled downed until the place is basically on full lock down. No one can really talk about most current events anymore. 

He's a piece of trash and he gets off on exploiting those who can't defend themselves. He's going to absolutely ruin this place if he stays. 

First, I’m a nobody who has zero authority here. Not affiliated in any way shape or form with how it’s run here. ZERO!!! In saying that, I will do everything in my ability to destroy  any that want to come in and think they can hurt my beloved community, family, and friends that got me through the good and the bad times. This is not the the ghey footballer Scrotum ass lickin place. We are allowed to be men and wemens.

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

I mean I know you think dems are dumb, but everywhere I look I see articles about the rising support of the GOP among Latinos.   So the theory that you agree with is that Dems (and only Dems?) want these people here, and what they are currently doing is trying to flood Texas with Latinos, then make it so they can't leave, so they can control federal elections?    You could be right, but it seems really dumb and out there as their plan.   Much easier would be ditch the woke and focus on policies that connect with the populace.  

When I read articles like I describe, I wonder if the Latino vote would get to a point for the GOP where they magically stop pretending to be so anti-illegal.  

If it’s a lie, the Dems are telling it

Keep them in Texas!!! We the liberals want them there!!! :blink:

Biden administration considering plan to force migrants to remain in Texas

Texas is in the midst of a feud with the administration over the state's migrant bussing program and floating barriers

The Biden administration is considering forcing migrants who cross into the United States illegally to remain in Texas while they wait out their asylum screening.

Administration officials cite the proposed plan as a way to curb the flow of illegal immigrants at the southern border, The Los Angeles Times reported, citing three U.S. officials not authorized to discuss the matter.

The plan would force migrants to remain in Texas, or possibly other border states by tracking their location through GPS monitoring devices, such as ankle bracelets, the officials told the Times. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-considering-plan-forcing-migrants-remain-texas

• Sad 1