Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Aaron Rodgers

What was your favorite moment as a Jet QB ?

Terrible. Achilles and done for the year. Jets season lost on the first drive. Hopefully he can recover and get back next season.

so far, they are undefeated.  Nothing to see here.

Could be his calf or ankle. Some sort of knee thing. I think; it was a bad ankle sprain. I hope it wasn't a season ending injury. Achilles, that would be bad.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is feared to have suffered a serious Achilles tendon injury four plays into his New York debut Monday night, according to coach Robert Saleh.

"It's not good," Saleh said after his team's 22-16 overtime win against the Buffalo Bills on "Monday Night Football."

Rodgers will have an MRI on Tuesday to "confirm what we think is already going to happen," Saleh said.

ESPN.com

I never root for injuries, but Week 1 worked out great for my Fish. 

Dolphins win, Patriots lose, Bills lose, Jets lose Rodgers

He was my starter. Got him in 13rd. I'm thinking Love, Purdy or Jones and happy to stream. Any other suggestions? Thank you. 

Purdy or Love looks good.

The San Fran offense looked real good week 1.  Maybe Purdy is the choice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Thanks Ray. Appreciate you. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I was wrong. Purdy is not available. I'm thinking either Love, Stafford or Jones.  Jones because they are playing the Dolphins, so I'm thinking matchup with that one.

talent wise Stafford is the best.   but you could (in theory) stream all these guys.

Stafford plays San Fran this week and that is a pretty good defense (although I thought Seattle had a pretty good D too and look what happened there)

Packers play the Saints who  also have an underrated Defense but not as tough as I think the 49ers have.

I might still go with Love, but you should think about Stafford.  if that O line can protect him I do think Stafford can still get it done.

How much guaranteed money does Aaron Rodgers have for 2023?

Rodgers' contract gave him $75 million fully guaranteed, which includes his salary and signing bonus for 2023 and 2024.

So, even with the season-ending injury, nothing changed with Rodgers' contract for this season and the next. The four-time MVP, who turns 40 in December, will be under contract for the Jets in 2024 unless he decides to retire.

20 hours ago, Ray_T said:

talent wise Stafford is the best.   but you could (in theory) stream all these guys.

Stafford plays San Fran this week and that is a pretty good defense (although I thought Seattle had a pretty good D too and look what happened there)

Packers play the Saints who  also have an underrated Defense but not as tough as I think the 49ers have.

I might still go with Love, but you should think about Stafford.  if that O line can protect him I do think Stafford can still get it done.

Thanks. I didn't pick up anyone yet. I wanted to see what happened on waivers. 9 teams have 2 QBs... someone released Goff. I like his matchup with Seattle this week. Thoughts?

On 9/12/2023 at 9:22 AM, gridirongoofs said:

He was my starter. Got him in 13rd. I'm thinking Love, Purdy or Jones and happy to stream. Any other suggestions? Thank you. 

I'm in the same boat, with Geno on bench, who I still think will be a good QB1., 2nd year in system, stud WRs.

Love, Purdy and Stafford are all available, I was very impressed watching Love.  For some reason I don't think Purdy puts up big stats, unless he gets a long screen to CMC.

Stafford was also impressive without Kupp, so that could make him better than the others, probably not this week vs SF.  Just don't know.

7 hours ago, plasma george said:

I'm in the same boat, with Geno on bench, who I still think will be a good QB1., 2nd year in system, stud WRs.

Love, Purdy and Stafford are all available, I was very impressed watching Love.  For some reason I don't think Purdy puts up big stats, unless he gets a long screen to CMC.

Stafford was also impressive without Kupp, so that could make him better than the others, probably not this week vs SF.  Just don't know.

Thanks. Someone released Goff yesterday to get Nacua.  Purdy isn't available. I thought he was but he was drafted.  I'm thinking Love or Goff this week and might just stream QBs for a while. I only carry one.