Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

Eagle RB

After a strong games from each

if gainwell is back this week who do we think is getting the rb1 slot ? 

or will it be week around or split carries going forward now. Only bouns for swift is the rib injury may linger for gainwell. 

Headache for any owner who has both deciding who to start 

Yeah I have gainwell in one league and swift in another. 

I feel safer with swift coming off a big game and gainwell nursing a rib injury but honestly have no idea what the future holds here. 

Both have had a great game each now    

Logic would say Swift has earned the #1 RB role, but it's probably Boston Scott's turn to get a majority of the carries this week as NFL coaches tend to out-think themselves with their game plans.

14 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Logic would say Swift has earned the #1 RB role, but it's probably Boston Scott's turn to get a majority of the carries this week as NFL coaches tend to out-think themselves with their game plans.

I have to agree.  its hard to bench someone who just had the kind of game he just had.  

it is also possible that promises were made so at the very least, I'd say its a 1 and 1A type situation.   

Swift put up some real nice numbers in week 2 against the vikings.   Sure he put up better numbers than Gainwell, but Gainwell was against the Pats.   a better Defense.

I consider them to be a top 5 run defense even though their numbers in terms of yards are just outside of top 5 but the avg yard per carry is within the top 5 and they gave up very few TD last year on the ground.

vikings run defense  was not very effective at the best of times.    so we are not comparing apples to apples.

I think it will be a committee.

RBBC.  

49 minutes ago, Showboat said:

An attempt at humor ?

No way, Fans would be calling for Coach's head.  No need for Coach to get fancy, but he may to start the game to not be a carbon copy of last games film.

Barring injury, Swift will be getting the most touches, don't miss another great game.

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Gainwell is a jag so I’d go with Swift until he gets hurt/does something really stupid.

Jag ?

he was traded ?

21 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Just A Guy. 

You mean A Just A Guy?  That’s pretty much what you said with a jag.

I own none, but if I did I’d be trading either and all right now.  They both have individual value that will simply diminish from week to week.  But that’s me.

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Just A Guy. 

I googled it and couldn’t find it 

guess I’m old, 51

4 minutes ago, plasma george said:

I googled it and couldn’t find it 

guess I’m old, 51

JAG

Just a guy- An acronym often used by NFL scouts to refer to an average football player, or just another guy; can also be used by a girl to describe a guy that doesn't stand out to her, like from a blind date.

https://slang.net/meaning/jag#:~:text=Just a guy,like from a blind date.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

JAG

Just a guy- An acronym often used by NFL scouts to refer to an average football player, or just another guy;

Next to the definition is a picture of Devin Singletary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Swift proved he can do it. Should be the main dude moving forward. However, this is not the week to roll with him. I'm sitting him out for K Williams and Mostert.  My starters, Barkley and A Jones are on the bench licking their wounds. :( So not great but not bad. I'll throw a WR in the flex instead of Swift. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to play him in the future but I don't see the Eagles getting a ton of RB points against TB. The TB DEF is playing well so far through 2 weeks. I want to see swift play against a better front than MIN. Swift has a brutal stretch of games coming up too (TB, WAS twice, NYJ, LAR, MIA, DAL).  The only game there I'm happy with is the fins.

Swift had already proved that he has the skills to be a rb1, what ha hasn’t proved is if he can endure a full work load, I don’t think the Eagles want to find out, Gainwell return means a little less work for Swift.   Imo.  

Wont argue that. They have options. Swift is so much better than Gainwell and B Scott looked pretty good on his carries before he got his bell rung. Swift was totally balling out last week when called upon. He looked ready for another 29 carries post game. I'm sure he wants to shed that injury prone perception.

The eagles aren't dumb though, that's why they have so many RBs.  Lets see if he makes it though this upcoming slate of games. 

1 hour ago, Grack said:

Swift proved he can do it. Should be the main dude moving forward. However, this is not the week to roll with him. I'm sitting him out for K Williams and Mostert.  My starters, Barkley and A Jones are on the bench licking their wounds. :( So not great but not bad. I'll throw a WR in the flex instead of Swift. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to play him in the future but I don't see the Eagles getting a ton of RB points against TB. The TB DEF is playing well so far through 2 weeks. I want to see swift play against a better front than MIN. Swift has a brutal stretch of games coming up too (TB, WAS twice, NYJ, LAR, MIA, DAL).  The only game there I'm happy with is the fins.

Interesting take, I too have Mostert/Swift/Walker, also have Puca to play in Flex over one of those RBs.

The other side is, Eagles Oline may be matchup proof, they're that good.  I don't think I'm scared of TB with a -6 line....if that game was in Philly they would be 12 point favorite.

11 minutes ago, plasma george said:

The other side is, Eagles Oline may be matchup proof

That's my thought. Swift had big stats last week, but I'm not sure he "proved himself" so much as the o-line proved they can make holes.  Swift certainly didn't prove himself to the Lions who knew him well and still decided to trade him for a 4th rounder and use their 12th overall pick on a different Rb. 

You'd think the Eagles would ride the hot hand, but ... it's the Eagles. And with Hurts stealing goal line work, along with Gainwell and Scott, my concern with Swift is Tds. But I have no skin in the game, as I don't have any of the Eagles backfield.

Hurts is the biggest problem for the PHI RB situation, he will take red zone rushing opps. The Vikes are a sieve right now & Gainwell wasn’t around. This will spread out IMO.

I've stuck by this guy for several years now and he is certainly an enigma. He lands on the jnjury report.so I bench.and he goes off. I start.him.and.he puts up a.dud. I'm sure he's.dobe that to.some of you.also. I do think he's the best talent on the Eagles and after last week's performance you.get.the itch to start him. He's.disappointed me multiple times but here I go ahain.and plug him in the lineup. Now the question is, when.does he get hurt and not available? If Philly is smart they shouldn't run the crap out of him. Limit his touches to between 12-18 rushing and receiving. Luckily I have other backs I can depend on more than him but I'd like to see the dude put together a whole year healthy  if he can do that he's certainly a good RB2 but buyer beware. Will he eventually let.your team down when you really need him to produce? If he makes it to the postseason do you dare risk your playoff hopes on him. I wouldn't rely on him just yet if you only have a few backs on your roster. I'll.tread lightly with him. I ntil.he can show me he's worthy of regular admission to the lineup.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:38 AM, Grack said:

Wont argue that. They have options. Swift is so much better than Gainwell and B Scott looked pretty good on his carries before he got his bell rung. Swift was totally balling out last week when called upon. He looked ready for another 29 carries post game. I'm sure he wants to shed that injury prone perception.

The eagles aren't dumb though, that's why they have so many RBs.  Lets see if he makes it though this upcoming slate of games. 

the issue with Swift has NEVER been skill.

its his ability to stay healthy.   I think to limit his chances of getting hurt you likely want him splitting carries with Gainwell.   so I do think a prudent manager will make this a committee.

that said, coaches do what coaches do.  and I am not the coach.

I don’t see the eagles just handing over the rb1 slot to Swift, it’s going to be a RBBC.   Now Swift might get the most touches, and be the most ff productive. 

I have visions of Penny running wild in November and December!!!

I have a decent amount of exposure in best ball, so maybe it’s all hope.

On 9/21/2023 at 7:51 PM, weepaws said:

I don’t see the eagles just handing over the rb1 slot to Swift, it’s going to be a RBBC.   Now Swift might get the most touches, and be the most ff productive. 

That’s because You didn’t see Swift running in the game right ?  Like the rest of us ?

4 hours ago, lowman66 said:

It's the shrooms.

Don't want to kill your buzz, but Penny looked terrible in preseason so it wasn't surprising he was a healthy scratch and then mostly relegated to special teams.  Penny has a giant fork sticking out of his back... it's over Johnny.

4 hours ago, lowman66 said:

at this point, Penny is pretty low on the totem.   he needs injuries to see meaningful action.  he had his chance to win the starting job and blew it.

it was rumoured they were gonna cut him.

That said, Swift seems to get hurt every year.  if it happens again, you have hope.   but if Swift stays healthy for once Penny will have pretty close to a zero chance of seeing meaningful touches.  Especially if Swift continues to play like he did last week.   You just dont bench guys who do what he just did.   Not unless you have a REALLY good reason.

On 9/21/2023 at 7:51 PM, weepaws said:

You don't see the Eagles giving Swift the #1 RB slot but you think he will get the most touches of all the RBs?

No wonder why you never win anything. 

10 hours ago, lowman66 said:

Might be the only healthy rb left by that time.  

5 hours ago, plasma george said:

That’s because You didn’t see Swift running in the game right ?  Like the rest of us ?

Who’s the rest of us?   

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

You don't see the Eagles giving Swift the #1 RB slot but you think he will get the most touches of all the RBs?

No wonder why you never win anything. 

I hope you don’t have the police called on you again this Sunday, might want to stay inside while screaming at the games.   

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Who’s the rest of us?   

Not you. You don't know what's going on in the NFL.

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Who’s the rest of us?   

Everyone who watches the games 

Stats don't show how he made those runs, his moves/decisions/cuts/vision.  It was VERY impressive.

The other Eagle RBs DO NOT have that talent, as long as is healthy, he's RB1.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I hope you don’t have the police called on you again this Sunday, might want to stay inside while screaming at the games.   

No chance, watch 6 games with Sunday Ticket in dedicated theater in our basement with 4-5 league mates who also love  NFL and are all ex players that know and understand it more than keyboard warriors 

8 hours ago, plasma george said:

No chance, watch 6 games with Sunday Ticket in dedicated theater in our basement with 4-5 league mates who also love  NFL and are all ex players that know and understand it more than keyboard warriors 

I’ve never found playing ff that difficult, I just draft, and set a lineup, it’s obvious that it’s more difficult for you needed all that help.  

Ps I hope you bring lots of Lysol.  

14 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Not you. You don't know what's going on in the NFL.

🥳 I know the Bears lost big.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

🥳 I know the Bears lost big.  

Yes. The Bears suck. I started a whole thread on it.

13 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Yes. The Bears suck. I started a whole thread on it.

Lol 🎉 I know.   

Just now, seafoam1 said:

:thumbsup:

🎉🥳 the Bears.  Did you have the cops called out again today, while you were busy yelling at the radio in your car.  🥺loser.