Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

Just so we’re clear it’s 50 kidnapped Israeli hostages from October 7th when there was a cease fire for 150 Hamas prisoners of war  

Little Israeli girls for Hamas terrorist POW’s.  

And Hamas would only do it (negotiated) getting 3-1.  Never forget who the arseholes are in this conflict.  This IS NOT a “prisoner swap”.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Just so we’re clear it’s 50 kidnapped Israeli hostages from October 7th when there was a cease fire for 150 Hamas prisoners of war  

Little Israeli girls for Hamas terrorist POW’s.  

And Hamas would only do it (negotiated) getting 3-1.  Never forget who the arseholes are in this conflict.  This IS NOT a “prisoner swap”.

Now I do believe that Biden had a hand in the negotiations.  

• Haha 1

3 Americans were released. A mother and teenage daughter and a 4 year old girl American-Israeli. The other, I think, 7 Americans do not qualify to be released under the terms of the agreement so I'm assuming they're men.

26 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

3 Americans were released. A mother and teenage daughter and a 4 year old girl American-Israeli. The other, I think, 7 Americans do not qualify to be released under the terms of the agreement so I'm assuming they're men.

The four year old's parents were slaughtered on October 7th.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:28 AM, The Real timschochet said:

1. That certainly is the question, isn’t it? I don’t know the answer to that question, but I do know that Israel should have had that answer in mind prior to their invasion of Gaza. If you examine our successful occupations of Germany and Japan, as opposed to our unsuccessful occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq, you will see that having a detailed plan beforehand is the main difference. And Israel is acting on instinct here and I fear the results. 

2. While the Palestinian people are generally politically extreme, I don’t think their society is quite as backwards as you’re claiming. They have a larger middle class, I believe, than most Arab countries, and, thanks in large part to western charity, they’re more educated. So I don’t think these are insolvable issues. 

3. I’m not suggesting nuclear fusion as a specific solution to this problem, I’m suggesting it will be a solution to ALL of our problems, and make issues like this one that is causing us so much worry irrelevant. It will completely change the nature of human society. 

I had wanted to respond to this earlier but have barely been online.

No Tim, the lack of a detailed plan is not the difference.  I'm confident that over the multiple decades of Iraq and Afghanistan, many detailed plans were devised.

The difference was that Japan and Germany were civilized.  Different cultures obviously, but civilized.  Iraq, Afghanistan, and certainly Palestinians were not civilized.  They are barbarians.  Japan and Germany were able to adapt and change, because they came from a basis of civilization.  Palestine does not.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think this differentiation expands to most people's objections to our fairly open immigration policies.  The objection is not nearly so much for those folks from civilized countries who go through proper processes.  They are the ones that are able to integrate and contribute to our "melting pot."  People from non-civilized places, not so much.  

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

The four year old's parents were slaughtered on October 7th.

I know. I read the entire story of her and her family of what happened Oct 7th. Terrible. But she's safe now.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I had wanted to respond to this earlier but have barely been online.

No Tim, the lack of a detailed plan is not the difference.  I'm confident that over the multiple decades of Iraq and Afghanistan, many detailed plans were devised.

The difference was that Japan and Germany were civilized.  Different cultures obviously, but civilized.  Iraq, Afghanistan, and certainly Palestinians were not civilized.  They are barbarians.  Japan and Germany were able to adapt and change, because they came from a basis of civilization.  Palestine does not.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think this differentiation expands to most people's objections to our fairly open immigration policies.  The objection is not nearly so much for those folks from civilized countries who go through proper processes.  They are the ones that are able to integrate and contribute to our "melting pot."  People from non-civilized places, not so much.  

So Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were civilized? The Holocaust, the Rape of Nanking, the Bataan Death March and all the rest were products of a civilized culture? I think you would have a lot of trouble proving this argument 

6 teenagers in Paris are on trial for beheading their teacher because she showed a drawing of Muhammad. 

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

So Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were civilized? The Holocaust, the Rape of Nanking, the Bataan Death March and all the rest were products of a civilized culture? I think you would have a lot of trouble proving this argument 

Read my words, Tim.  They came from a basis of civilization.  If your argument is that any culture that has done bad things in their history is not civilized, then no cultures are civilized.

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

3 Palestinian students shot in Vermont: 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/11/26/us/palestinian-students-shot-burlington-vermont/index.html

The Islamophobia right now is as bad or worse as the anti-Semitism…yet it does not receive the same level of attention or condemnation. 

No.  It's not.  And your one-off anecdote doesn't make it so.

Just now, jerryskids said:

No.  It's not.  And your one-off anecdote doesn't make it so.

Is there a leading Presidential candidate calling for the exclusion of Jewish immigrants to the USA? Not only is the Islamophobia just as bad or worse, it’s sanctioned by the leader of the GOP. 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Read my words, Tim.  They came from a basis of civilization.  If your argument is that any culture that has done bad things in their history is not civilized, then no cultures are civilized.

No. The Palestinians have a history that is just as old as Germany and Japan (well maybe not Japan but relatively in the same ballpark.) Hamas is savage for sure, but so were the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese. None of them come from a savage culture.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Is there a leading Presidential candidate calling for the exclusion of Jewish immigrants to the USA? Not only is the Islamophobia just as bad or worse, it’s sanctioned by the leader of the GOP. 

Good. Islam is proving it can’t coexist 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Comments like these encourage right wing extremists to shoot Muslim students. 

Talk to their Koran then. Killing in the name of allah is a path to heaven 

And let  me know when low rent fantasy board members do sh1t

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don't like being put in a position of trying to defend Trump, because he says things in a stupid way many times.  Well, "stupid" isn't the right word.  He phrases things in a simple, base manner which rallies a lot of folks on an emotional level, and at a level they can understand.

Somebody said prior to 2016, and it is a great summary:  people who support Trump take him seriously but not literally.  People who oppose Trump take him literally but not seriously.

That being said, I will concede that his comments could be construed by some folks as a call for anti-Islamic behavior.  Your Vermont example may be one, although I've heard there are some questions about that situation.  Regardless, we have not yet seen that put in action on any measurable scale.  When we do, we can discuss it.  Until then, it is the false equivalency between the two situations that the MSDNC is pushing so hard.

40 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Comments like these encourage right wing extremists to shoot Muslim students. 

Oh, so in this case you want to concentrate on the motive, and not the gun. But when children are slaughtered in a school in Tennessee for being white by a trans leftist, it’s all about the guns, not the motive. So full of shitt. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, so in this case you want to concentrate on the motive, and not the gun. But when children are slaughtered in a school in Tennessee for being white by a trans leftist, it’s all about the guns, not the motive. So full of shitt. 

that was workplace violence I was told

Truce being extended two more days. I don’t think Israel can go back to wanton destruction at this point

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Truce being extended two more days. I don’t think Israel can go back to wanton destruction at this point

What about next time? Do they get to go ape shitt then? P.S.  there will be a next time. 

On 11/14/2023 at 5:44 PM, McBonokon said:

There is no American liberty related to hate speech, and there is no right to be an anon troll in the Constitution.  Try again.

I would argue that there is protection to hate speech, if that term means only vile aspertions cast upon others so long as there is not also simultaneous exhortations to immediate violent action.  Hate speech is just speech.  I would also argue that the 9th and 10th amendments do protect an anonomous right to troll.  Not being specifically addressed in the constitution that right is retained by the states and by the people.  In the latter regard I remind you that several of our founding fathers trolled each other in publications of the day using pseudonyms.  You may, for instance be familiar with the work of Publius.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What about next time? Do they get to go ape shitt then? P.S.  there will be a next time. 

They got to go apesh1t this time, for 6+ weeks.

And yes, next time they will again.

It is an unfortunate cycle. I’d like to see a permanent solution but people have been talking about that for decades 😔

On 11/16/2023 at 8:30 AM, IGotWorms said:

Evidently, you can’t read :( 

Then writing him to tell him so would seem an ineffective means of communication.  Sure, someone could read your comment to him, but that seems unlikely.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I don't like being put in a position of trying to defend Trump, because he says things in a stupid way many times.  Well, "stupid" isn't the right word.  He phrases things in a simple, base manner which rallies a lot of folks on an emotional level, and at a level they can understand.

Somebody said prior to 2016, and it is a great summary:  people who support Trump take him seriously but not literally.  People who oppose Trump take him literally but not seriously.

That being said, I will concede that his comments could be construed by some folks as a call for anti-Islamic behavior.  Your Vermont example may be one, although I've heard there are some questions about that situation.  Regardless, we have not yet seen that put in action on any measurable scale.  When we do, we can discuss it.  Until then, it is the false equivalency between the two situations that the MSDNC is pushing so hard.

You know I disagree with you often but the one thing I’ve very much admired in our discussions on this subject is your sense of moral clarity. I wish you would apply it here. You cannot dismiss Trump’s comments because he “said things in a stupid way”. He says things in a very deliberate way, and the hatred of Muslims that he is spreading is leading to violence against them. If we are to condemn some college students for their anti-Semitic remarks (and we should) then we must also condemn Trump and those who agree with him on this issue. Morally there is no difference. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Talk to their Koran then. Killing in the name of allah is a path to heaven 

And let  me know when low rent fantasy board members do sh1t

I have no idea whether you’ve been fed hateful ignorance or choosing to spread it yourself or both. But in any case what you’ve written here is completely false: 

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/opinion/article/2023/10/23/the-quran-does-not-give-carte-blanche-to-commit-violence_6195379_23.html#:~:text=In the Quran%2C warlike violence,Quran%2C 5%3A32).

The Qu’ran, much like the New Testament and the Talmud, only allows killing or acts of violence in self defense. Full stop. Obviously in all 3 religions there are zealots and extremists  who don’t pay attention to this (and in modern times there are probably more of these in Islam, unfortunately, than in any other religion.) But it’s not in the Qu’ran. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have no idea whether you’ve been fed hateful ignorance or choosing to spread it yourself or both. But in any case what you’ve written here is completely false: 

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/opinion/article/2023/10/23/the-quran-does-not-give-carte-blanche-to-commit-violence_6195379_23.html#:~:text=In the Quran%2C warlike violence,Quran%2C 5%3A32).

The Qu’ran, much like the New Testament and the Talmud, only allows killing or acts of violence in self defense. Full stop. Obviously in all 3 religions there are zealots and extremists  who don’t pay attention to this (and in modern times there are probably more of these in Islam, unfortunately, than in any other religion.) But it’s not in the Qu’ran. 

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/opinions/think-again-the-koran-does-say-to-kill-infidels/article_0447f2d8-487f-5d2b-8c88-d6e0be9ee6e1.html

• Thanks 1

I applaud Israel for not being "proportionate" and embracing their animal instincts so as to respond in kind.  Leave the animalistic behaviors to the Palestidiots.   That being said, the more Palestinians they can kill the better off the region will be

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Again misinformation. The section you’re quoting is more of a historical record, much like the Old Testament, where it also says to kill heretics. Yet Jesus doesn’t say it and neither does the Talmud. You’re taking quotations out of context. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Again misinformation. The section you’re quoting is more of a historical record, much like the Old Testament, where it also says to kill heretics. Yet Jesus doesn’t say it and neither does the Talmud. You’re taking quotations out of context. 

yah ok sure, I will just go ahead and listen to the leaders of the islamic world speak, and compare it to the pope, hows that then

to the river to the sea, fock off

christianity went thru an awakening, islam has not, they are still barbaric jihadists

lets break it down, Muslims would love to see jews wiped from the face of the earth, and the inverse is not true

42 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Just don’t show a drawing of Muhammad. They’ll behead you for that blasphemy.  

It’s going to be very interesting next year, when Biden is the war monger candidate for backing Ukraine and Israel, and all these same righties currently foaming at the mouth will suddenly weep for the Palestinians and declare Trump the candidate of peace.

Mark my words.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

You know I disagree with you often but the one thing I’ve very much admired in our discussions on this subject is your sense of moral clarity. I wish you would apply it here. You cannot dismiss Trump’s comments because he “said things in a stupid way”. He says things in a very deliberate way, and the hatred of Muslims that he is spreading is leading to violence against them. If we are to condemn some college students for their anti-Semitic remarks (and we should) then we must also condemn Trump and those who agree with him on this issue. Morally there is no difference. 

First, I don't condemn college students for anti-Semitic remarks per se; they are young and ignorant and their mind is being filled by TikTok algorithms which reinforce that ignorance.  Unless the remarks are calls for violence.  I'm pretty libertarian that way.  What I condemn is them disrupting classes and physically confronting people, and more so the colleges lacking the balls to stop it and punish them.

Second, you respond with this to a post where I said I don't like having to defend Trump, and that some folks know not to take him literally.  Yet here we are.  If you listen to the actual speech, he talks some about re-instituting the ban he had for 6 nations with known terrorist ties, and expanding it to further restrict an influx of people who are aligned with groups like Hamas, but he frames it with phrases like "if you don't like America, we'll kick you out."  That's a simple way of saying what in implementation will be a much more limited set of restrictions, but common people get the point.  His supporters do, anyway.  You take him literally, and think he has the power (and desire) to send gestapo door to door with a survey and a paddy wagon if you answer something incorrectly.  This is of course consistent with your belief that he is Satan personified.  I would offer as evidence the four years of his presidency, where nothing of the kind occurred, but you'll tell me this time will be different.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s going to be very interesting next year, when Biden is the war monger candidate for backing Ukraine and Israel, and all these same righties currently foaming at the mouth will suddenly weep for the Palestinians and declare Trump the candidate of peace.

Mark my words.

Genocide Joe has to go! 

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Mark my words.

Or candidate of grabbing a piece, and that without prior consent.