Sign in to follow this  
vino

Any value to Roschon Johnson after this week?

Just wondering what people who have been following Rochon Johnson this year, think? Since Khalil is on IR, I'm curious how much value he'll have in PPR FF after he returns from his conc. Is he worth the pickup if there's room? I've gotta do something with Achane. 

He might be the Bears top rb until Herbert returns, but Foreman might be frustrating to RJ owners.  

• Like 1

It looks like Herbert established himself as the RB1 week 4

Rushing Rush Yds Avg Long TD FL
18 103 5.7 24 0 0
4 25 6.3 20 0 1
2 19 9.5 11 0 0
5 13 2.6 7 0 0
1 10 10.0 10 0 0
1 1 1.0 1 0 0

Week 5 looked to be more of the same until he went down.

10 76 7.6 34 0 0
11 57 5.2 14 0 0
8 26 3.3 6 0 0
3 19 6.3 10 0 0

How well Johnson does in Herbert's absence depends on how long until he's released from concussion protocol, & how well Foreman performs this week.

• Thanks 1

I agree on Foreman, it should be interesting to see what happens this week, if he is too rusty or if he kills it. What a time for RJ to get stuck in concussion protocol and for DF to step up. 

Foreman did OK against the Vikings. Evans saw a fair amount of carries as well. All Bears RB's would get an upgrade next week when they host the Raiders if Fields dislocated finger caused him to miss the game. 

15 65 4.3 10 0 0
8 46 5.8 13 0 0
9 32 3.6 12 0 0
2 15 7.5 17 0 0
2 4 2.0 3 1 1

Foreman was one td away from a good day.  

• Like 1

I don't think Foreman showed anything the Bears don't already know.  He'll go back to being inactive once everyone is back healthy.  I would think Roschon would be the lead back until Herbert comes back, though there is a risk that Foreman slides into Herbert's role while Roschan maintains the role he had (NFL coaches sometimes do weird things like that).

1 hour ago, himmystyles said:

So based on what you guys saw from foreman, would you keep foreman rostered if u have him or put in a claim for roschon? Ppr. 

I would prefer Johnson when he comes back. The dude is their future. Soon to be their current. 

35 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I would prefer Johnson when he comes back. The dude is their future. Soon to be their current. 

Would u use a high waiver to swap foreman for him? 

6 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Would u use a high waiver to swap foreman for him? 

Personally I would if I needed an RB. Keep an eye on him tomorrow and Wednesday to see his concussion status for this week. I'm guessing waivers are on Thursday for you. If he is practicing and cleared, he is the man in that backfield as long as Herbert is out. At least that is what they drafted him for. 

Unless you’re very desperate for a Bears rb in a RBBC I wouldn’t.  

I’d be looking more at a time share if Johnson came back, coming off the concussion. Foreman hadn’t played since Week 1 so I think they were being careful with him mixing in with Darynton Evans last week. I think he takes the lead role next week with Johnson’s first game back. With no Fields it’s going to be an extra heavy run game, and this for a team that is already run centric 

• Like 1

With that bit of information (DNP). Foreman with no Fields and Bagent the starting QB, looks betterer [sic] and betterer[sic]

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chickie said:

With that bit of information (DNP). Foreman with no Fields and Bagent the starting QB, looks betterer [sic] and betterer[sic]

At least for this week. Yes.

• Thanks 1

I was on the Roschon hype train coming into the season but he’s missed a fair amount of time so far and was clearly taking a back seat to Herbert before Herbert went to IR.

Still holding but no longer feels like a potential lotto ticket. Maybe spot starter at best

Bears RB Roschon Johnson has officially been ruled out for a Week 7 matchup with Las Vegas. (Source: Kevin Fishbain on Twitter )

Fantasy Impact: Johnson suffered a concussion in Week 5 against Washington and has yet to be able to clear the NFL’s concussion protocols. Fantasy managers should expect the Bears to feature D’Onta Foreman and Darrynton Evans against Las Vegas this Sunday

• Thanks 1

Foreman had 15 carries for 65 yards against the Vikings last week. With Fields out this week, that should increase his chances of adding a TD.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Foreman had 15 carries for 65 yards against the Vikings last week. With Fields out this week, that should increase his chances of adding a TD.

Yeah. I need Monty or Jones to be ruled out so I can move them to IR and get Foreman. Evans is now gone. 

7 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

Yeah. I need Monty or Jones to be ruled out so I can move them to IR and get Foreman. Evans is now gone. 

David Montgomery (ribs) has been ruled out for Week 7's game against the Baltimore Ravens. (Source: Detroit Lions on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact: The Lions will be without Montgomery on Sunday because of an injury to his ribs that he suffered last week. It remains to be seen if he will be back next week, and the team will be really thin in the backfield while he's out, especially with Craig Reynolds (hamstring/toe) also at risk of missing Detroit's matchup against the Ravens. Fantasy managers can look for rookie Jahmyr Gibbs to get the bulk of the work and be a high-upside flex option in the veteran's absence in Week 7.

• Thanks 1

Foreman will be even more ready for more load this weekend.  

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

David Montgomery (ribs) has been ruled out for Week 7's game against the Baltimore Ravens. (Source: Detroit Lions on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact: The Lions will be without Montgomery on Sunday because of an injury to his ribs that he suffered last week. It remains to be seen if he will be back next week, and the team will be really thin in the backfield while he's out, especially with Craig Reynolds (hamstring/toe) also at risk of missing Detroit's matchup against the Ravens. Fantasy managers can look for rookie Jahmyr Gibbs to get the bulk of the work and be a high-upside flex option in the veteran's absence in Week 7.

Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Forgot about Travis.

Passing down role. Could be more if hindrance than anything else

22 hours ago, LaChup said:

The only person who's value has gone up within the Bears RB group is the trainer.

Foreman. 

Thank you Mr Foreman.  

• Like 1

When Herbert returns none of them can one trust.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1