Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Cousins Carted Off - Achilles

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins left Sunday's 24-10 win over the Packers midway through the fourth quarter because of what the team termed a right ankle injury.

After the win, Vikings coach Kevin O'Connell said the team fears that Cousins suffered an Achilles injury. He will undergo further testing this week to confirm.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38773634/kirk-cousins-exits-minnesota-vikings-game-second-half

I never wish any ill will on anyone. I hate the fact he got hurt. I think it was stupid for him to have been out there that late in a game they were up by 14 at the time. All this being said as a lions fan it makes our path so much easier. The vikes were starting to gel. Akers was looking good this game and it looks like they have a WR to pair with Jefferson when he comes back in Addison. They looked like a team that could easily be a threat to the lions. Now it looks like there are no threats in the NFC north to the lions. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Now it looks like there are no threats in the NFC north to the lions. 

Except, of course, for the Lions themselves. 

Just now, ZeroTolerance said:

Except, of course, for the Lions themselves. 

And the officials. More Calvin Johnson rules to come 

That’s awful news, I hope it’s not so. 

Are Lions fans a real thing? I mean, I'm all for a good bandwagon jump, but fans are a little more permanent.

57 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I never wish any ill will on anyone. I hate the fact he got hurt. I think it was stupid for him to have been out there that late in a game they were up by 14 at the time. All this being said as a lions fan it makes our path so much easier. The vikes were starting to gel. Akers was looking good this game and it looks like they have a WR to pair with Jefferson when he comes back in Addison. They looked like a team that could easily be a threat to the lions. Now it looks like there are no threats in the NFC north to the lions. 

14 is not a ton in todays NFL

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Literally no QB is going to get pulled up 14 with 11 minutes left, other than maybe a meaningless week 18 game. Just horrible luck.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Literally no QB is going to get pulled up 14 with 11 minutes left, other than maybe a meaningless week 18 game. Just horrible luck.

I agree.  

arguably if they were up 21 the story might be different, but in a 2 score game the starter doesnt get pulled.

Will jaren hall get the job ?

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

That’s awful news, I hope it’s not so. 

I'm afraid it's so. If you watch the video close, you can literally see it snap/tear 

19 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

14 is not a ton in todays NFL

It is when the opposing offense is inept. 

you're never going to see a 3-4 team (or any team really) pulling their starting QB with a 14 point lead, unless as other mentioned it's a meaningless week 18 game which means hes probably playing a quarter or not at all anyway. 

All I know is my 2 QB league is in trouble.  Cousins was one of my starters.   Team is 7-1 but likely not a contender anymore unless I can get another QB

26 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

All I know is my 2 QB league is in trouble.  Cousins was one of my starters.   Team is 7-1 but likely not a contender anymore unless I can get another QB

Same here I'm in shambles ,k Herbert, d Harris ,tannehill,deebo,a Rodgers ...diggs and Tyreek have been carrying my team there's not even a scrub back up qb available

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Hopefully the Vikings contact Tampa about acquiring Mayfield. 🤞

I dont think you should be so lucky.

Mayfield has been just good enough for them not to turf him early.  They are 3-4, a half game back of the division lead.

while the record isnt great, if they can get a bit more out of him through scheme or coaching they still have an outside shot at a playoff spot.