7) Miami Dolphins 6-3 (8)

8 ) Jacksonville Jaguars 6-3 (3)

9) Dallas Cowboys 6-3 (9)

10) Seattle Seahawks 6-3 (10)

----

11) Cincinnati Bengals 5-4 (6)

12) Buffalo Bills 5-5 (12) 

13) Pittsburgh Steelers 6-3 (13)

14) Minnesota Vikings 6-4 (15) *the affirmative action NFC team, while everybody else around here is fighting tooth-and-nail for an AFC playoff spot, they are legit on this tier and just have to keep ahead of the trash. Only six NFC teams in the top 19.

15) Houston Texans 5-4 (19)

16) Los Angeles Chargers 4-5 (14)

17) New York Jets 4-5 (16)

-----

18) Denver Broncos 4-5 (23) 

19) Indianapolis Colts 5-5 (21)

20) Los Angeles Rams 3-6 (18 )

21) Washington Redskins 4-6 (20)

-----

22) New Orleans Saints 5-5 (17)

23) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-5 (24) 

24) Las Vegas Raiders 5-5 (26)  *honorary NFC South member

25) Atlanta Falcons 4-6 (22)

-----

26) Green Bay Packers 3-6 (27)

27) Chicago Bears 3-7 (28)

28) Tennessee Titans 3-6 (25)

29) Arizona Cardinals 2-8 (31)

30) New England Patriots 2-8 (29)

31) Carolina Panthers 1-8 (32)

32) New York Giants 2-8 (30) 

Big jump for the Browns, new teams on the top and bottom. Finally feel I've right-size the Houston Texans. The Vikings ability to overcome injuries is amazing. IMO the Rams are better than the entire NFC South and what's left of the trade deadline depleted Redskins.

I'll be at the game next Monday

I assume you assumed the bills would beat the Broncos...

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

I assume you assumed the bills would beat the Broncos...

I'd not edited it.

The Broncos have some moxy. I moved them up passed all the wet paper bags in the NFC South and in with teams like the Rams and Jets that I think can bite you in the ass. While I was in there, I re-evaluated Indy down a bit.

As for the Bills, fock man, I was a stubborn b*tch and didn't drop them, I kept them right where they were as the worst team in the top 12... because I dunno... I still think if I were a generic NFL head coach with the 16.5 ranked offense and the 16.5 ranked defense, I'd still rather play the Steelers, Vikings, Texans and Chargers than Cincy and Buffalo. But yeah, the 11 and 12 teams, Cincinnati and Buffalo, are fading and starting to look more and more like the 12-16 teams rather than the top ten.

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'd not edited it.

The Broncos have some moxy. I moved them up passed all the wet paper bags in the NFC South and in with teams like the Rams and Jets that I think can bite you in the ass. While I was in there, I re-evaluated Indy down a bit.

As for the Bills, fock man, I was a stubborn b*tch and didn't drop them, I kept them right where they were as the worst team in the top 12... because I dunno... I still think if I were a generic NFL head coach with the 16.5 ranked offense and the 16.5 ranked defense, I'd still rather play the Steelers, Vikings, Texans and Chargers than Cincy and Buffalo. But yeah, the 11 and 12 teams, Cincinnati and Buffalo, are fading and starting to look more and more like the 12-16 teams rather than the top ten.

The bills have the talent to turn it around, but man they seem to be in disarray.   The players seem to have lost faith in the coaching staff, which is a major problem.   But they could also come back and win three in a row, so who knows. 

30 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The bills have the talent to turn it around, but man they seem to be in disarray.   The players seem to have lost faith in the coaching staff, which is a major problem.   But they could also come back and win three in a row, so who knows. 

Bills remaining schedule is Jets Eagles Chiefs Cowboys Chargers Patriots Dolphins. They’ll probably need to win 5 of those 7 (at least) to make the postseason. 

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Bills remaining schedule is Jets Eagles Chiefs Cowboys Chargers Patriots Dolphins. They’ll probably need to win 5 of those 7 (at least) to make the postseason. 

they lost to the Patriots, already once. oof 😂 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

I agree. I think 10-7 gets you an AFC spot, maybe 9-8, but there are so many teams sniffing around that getting seven of them to 10 seems likely.

Maybe I have the Texans still too low, unlike some teams that seem discombobulated and/or treading water, this team is firing on all cylinders.

27 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yikes :o 

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I agree. I think 10-7 gets you an AFC spot, maybe 9-8, but there are so many teams sniffing around that getting seven of them to 10 seems likely.

Maybe I have the Texans still too low, unlike some teams that seem discombobulated and/or treading water, this team is firing on all cylinders.

Texans may be this year’s first round playoff team nobody wants to play 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Makes me think of how Las Vegas looked like a clown show two Monday nights ago such that there was a massive purge, and have now won both games since. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

The Eagles upcoming schedule is absolutely brutal. I can't imagine them holding onto the top spot 

Yeah.

While, I still think Philly and SF are a half step or full step above the Lions. Fortunately, comparing the remaining schedule for the three, Philly and SF have more dangerous landmines and should stumble here and there along the way, allowing the Lions to slip into the #1 seed. I mean it's all right there for Detroit. They just continue to take care of business against lesser opponents, because they look to have the clearest route to the NFC's #1 seed. 

This back half of the Lions' season is hardly a gauntlet as compared to what SF and Philly are dealing with. They're 7-2 now and 13-4 seems reachable. They should be 7+ point favorites for the next five games: 2 vs Chicago, Green Bay (part II), New Orleans, and Denver. The three hardest games remaining are the last three. They finish the season with two vs Minny sandwiched around a road game against the Cowboys.

Focking Eagles. Every time they sputter along then finally get their act together late to pull a game out of their ass, I'm sitting here raging and pounding the table like Dr. Claw. "I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next tiiiiiiiiiiiime!"

I'd especially like to see the Chiefs beat the Eagles this week since record against common foes is the first tiebreaker. With the Chiefs having already picked up an "L" against the Lions, they'd be doing Detroit a double favor by putting up a "W" on the Eagles.

Conspiracy-theorists are predicting a Chiefs - Vikings Superbowl.

Any guesses to why?

On 11/14/2023 at 7:44 AM, Voltaire said:

Makes me think of how Las Vegas looked like a clown show two Monday nights ago such that there was a massive purge, and have now won both games since. 

But that's the NFL. 

The Dolphins were going undefeated after scoring 70. 

The 49ers were going undefeated after running roughshod over Dallas.   They lost 3 straight. 

IMO, here's what it takes in the post season:

1.) Make the playoffs and don't back in on a 2 or 3 game losing streak, or having lost 4 of 6 or something like that.

2.) Be relatively healthy.

3.) Be playing your best/close to your best football of the season. 

Also, Prescott will play 3 good games in a row, then have a game against a good team and fall apart.  Bugs me they haven't let Lance see the field.  It's been all Cooper Rush in backup situations. 

26 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Conspiracy-theorists are predicting a Chiefs - Vikings Superbowl.

Any guesses to why?

I saw that, colors in the SB logo, but not Chiefs/Vikings, since Josh Dobbs cannot take a team to the SB.  I saw Niners/Baltimore, colors still work and teams more probable to make it.

1 minute ago, The Psychic Observer said:

I saw that, colors in the SB logo, but not Chiefs/Vikings, since Josh Dobbs cannot take a team to the SB.  I saw Niners/Baltimore, colors still work and teams more probable to make it.

thats the one I saw

also the Browns are now eliminated

On 11/14/2023 at 6:40 AM, Voltaire said:

Yeah.

While, I still think Philly and SF are a half step or full step above the Lions. Fortunately, comparing the remaining schedule for the three, Philly and SF have more dangerous landmines and should stumble here and there along the way, allowing the Lions to slip into the #1 seed. I mean it's all right there for Detroit. They just continue to take care of business against lesser opponents, because they look to have the clearest route to the NFC's #1 seed. 

This back half of the Lions' season is hardly a gauntlet as compared to what SF and Philly are dealing with. They're 7-2 now and 13-4 seems reachable. They should be 7+ point favorites for the next five games: 2 vs Chicago, Green Bay (part II), New Orleans, and Denver. The three hardest games remaining are the last three. They finish the season with two vs Minny sandwiched around a road game against the Cowboys.

about 5 weeks ago, Based on SOS, i was thinking that the Lions could easily be in position for the 1 seed in the NFC... and while Philly SF still look good, that 3 game losing streak by SF was huge for det.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

about 5 weeks ago, Based on SOS, i was thinking that the Lions could easily be in position for the 1 seed in the NFC... and while Philly SF still look good, that 3 game losing streak by SF was huge for det.

The schedule smiled on the Lions. They have the standard six games against their division rivals with two being rather awful, then another four gift games vs the NFC South, four vs the AFC West (they caught KC in a week without Kelce and Jones). The worst of the schedule comes for finishing 2nd in the NFC North last year, so they get three other 2nd place finishers: Baltimore, Seattle, and Dallas.

• Like 1

I hate power rankings.  But ill throw out a top 10 in order.  

SF

Phi

KC

Det

Bal

Mia

Dal

Jac

Hou

Sea

Cincy and Buffalo tied with honorable mentions for upside.  Browns out just because of QB situation, probably belong in but nah.  

42 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I hate power rankings.  But ill throw out a top 10 in order.  

SF

Phi

KC

Det

Bal

Mia

Dal

Jac

Hou

Sea

Cincy and Buffalo tied with honorable mentions for upside.  Browns out just because of QB situation, probably belong in but nah.  

Cleveland is going to have to fall with the latest news. Maybe just ahead of the disappointing duo of Cincinnati and Buffalo until we see how awful (or good) DTR is. 

The Jets vibe is strong.