Sign in to follow this  
Law

I hope this is the last year of the Push Tush and...

Miami's active motion towards the LOS at the snap.

Both are BS.

This isn't rugby nor the CFL.

• Like 1

It should be. I thought it was already against the rules, but who knows nowadays?

Another reason why the production is awful, not worthy of viewing.  

Clearly the Eagles are the best at it but I agree that the NFL is not rugby yet I dkn't think any change to not allowing it will be made. Just hope hope that no one  gets seriously hurt from it but I ntil that happens the tush push will continue. I hate it but I guess that the way it goes.

Not only the tush push but the general idea of teammates pushing each other for more yardage after forward progress has been stopped should be addressed as well.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 6:25 PM, Law said:

This isn't rugby nor the CFL.

Sorry, but the CFL is much more exciting than the NFL…

On 12/4/2023 at 9:58 AM, BufordT said:

Not only the tush push but the general idea of teammates pushing each other for more yardage after forward progress has been stopped should be addressed as well.

Yes I agree. They need to seriously look at that situation of teammates pushing the ball carrier, usually the QB, and when forwarward progress actually stops before they start pushing to get the yardage needed. You.make a very valid point and I would hope the NFL AND the referees review all of the tape and realize there's times when the tush push falls short until teammates ckntjnue the push to the line to gain and especially at the goal line.

11 hours ago, posty said:

Sorry, but the CFL is much more exciting than the NFL…

I do think that is what the NFL was going for back in '07 when they started making rules that made it harder for defenders to defend.

It’s not ok for a pass rusher to basically touch a QB, but it is ok for his teammates to push their QB directly into a wall of defenders looking to destroy him.  Ok…. This will only end once a QB gets his knee snapped in half. Unfortunately it’s only a matter of time until that happens. 

49 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

This will only end once a QB gets his knee snapped in half. Unfortunately it’s only a matter of time until that happens. 

Agreed.  Hate to see it happen to Hurts, he's a good guy and fun to watch... but clearly the most likely to get a career ender.

It was always illegal to push a teammate forward and it remains illegal to pull a teammate forward, but in 2005 the NFL changed the push rule.  The logic?  Reportedly the NFL said it was too difficult to legislate the push rule - refs were rarely sure who was pushing who. Makes sense.

Perhaps they could change the rule to allow incidental pushing, and ban blatant (rugby style) pushing. :dunno:

In Green Bay I thought it would be the chess log.  

It is not enough to say that someone is going to get hurt so we have to stop it.  This is NFL Football... dudes are going to get hurt.  If you take away all possible ways a dude is going to get hurt, then people will stop watching and the following would end soon after.  I do agree that end of forward progress should stop plays but the Bro Show plows forward until it is stopped.  People just don't like it because they don't have as much success with it as the Eagles do.  Then setup for the Bro Show and go around...  perfect!  

It would be just as bad as the defenseless receiver rule.  A defender should be able to hit a receiver as soon as the ball is in hand...but he would get 15 yards dropped on him.