Ron_Artest

This economy is so bad

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The one move Republicans have is tax cuts for the rich…and convincing trailer park folks it will be good for them.

Must be working, Biden has a 36% approval rating on the economy.   :thumbsup:

Just now, Horseman said:

Must be working, Biden has a 36% approval rating on the economy.   :thumbsup:

Sadly like 50% of our country are morons. God love em, but it’s true. 

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You're so stupid you can't even ask the question correctly.  

One example that's easy.  Inflation.  The price of a bottle of MacCallan 18 has doubled under Biden, for one example that answers your question.  

What you meant to ask, if you weren't so stupid, is how has Biden's economy hurt me over all.  And to your credit it really hasn't.  It's mostly hurts poor people.  But I'd prefer not to give him 4 more years to try to pass the rest of BBB or something similar that would hurt me.  

Tony, how did Biden create inflation that doubled almost every month from February to the Summer of 2021.

Did Biden wreck supply chains?  Did Biden send people checks from April 2020 forward?

Help me out here boyo, what specific actions did Biden take that caused inflation?  

Inflation was 1.7% in February, 2.6% in March, 4.2% in April, 5.0% in May

How did Biden cause this?

16 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You're so stupid you can't even ask the question correctly.  

One example that's easy.  Inflation.  The price of a bottle of MacCallan 18 has doubled under Biden, for one example that answers your question.  

What you meant to ask, if you weren't so stupid, is how has Biden's economy hurt me over all.  And to your credit it really hasn't.  It's mostly hurts poor people.  But I'd prefer not to give him 4 more years to try to pass the rest of BBB or something similar that would hurt me.  

Tony's good.

Can anyone else claim that they are struggling financially?

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Tony, how did Biden create inflation that doubled almost every month from February to the Summer of 2021.

Did Biden wreck supply chains?  Did Biden send people checks from April 2020 forward?

Help me out here boyo, what specific actions did Biden take that caused inflation?  

Inflation was 1.7% in February, 2.6% in March, 4.2% in April, 5.0% in May

How did Biden cause this?

Doesn't matter.   

You can argue all the facts and blame whomever you want until you're blue in the face.

The only FACT that matters is that Biden's approval rating on the economy is sitting at 36%.  That and immigration are the reasons why he is losing to Trump in the general election in almost every single poll right now.  Why Vegas has Trump as the favorite.  

Keep blaming Trump and telling everyone the economy is good.  I like that strategy.  :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Tony's good.

Everyone on here knows everything, is fabulously wealthy, builds their own furniture, and always pays half off.

5 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Tony's good.

The guy NBC news had on last night in the bar in Pennsylvania.  Newly retired, said the economy doesn't feel good for him. He never thought his two grown kids would still be living with him when he retired.  He votes democrat and blames Biden, not going to vote for him this time around.

How many anecdotal examples are you going to need before you come to grips with what we already know?:  Biden's approval rating on the economy is 36%.  

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Doesn't matter.   

You can argue all the facts and blame whomever you want until you're blue in the face.

The only FACT that matters is that Biden's approval rating on the economy is sitting at 36%.  That and immigration are the reasons why he is losing to Trump in the general election in almost every single poll right now.  Why Vegas has Trump as the favorite.  

Keep blaming Trump and telling everyone the economy is good.  I like that strategy.  :thumbsup:

So we agree that Biden is being blamed because Trump left him a disaster.  I agree that the people blame Biden for inflation and the border (that's 100% on him).

If the dems were smart, they're not, they've have been beating the "inflation was born in 2019-2020" drum just as it started.  They didn't because they're dumb.

And I think Trump crushes Biden in November.  Dems can't get out of their own way it seems. 

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

So we agree that Biden is being blamed because Trump left him a disaster. 

Is English your second language? JFC.  :doh:

On 3/6/2024 at 6:57 AM, Ron_Artest said:

140k more jobs last month.

Tell me again how this is the worst economy we've ever seen.

The majority jobs were government or service jobs.

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

S&P just set another record. It’s the worst economy since the 1800’s!!

:thumbsup:  Love it.  Good for us that have wads of cash in investments.  

Doesn't matter for those living paycheck to paycheck that can't even contribute to their 401K.  Fine with me, IDGAF about the poors.  

Keep telling the trailer park people how good the economy is please!  I like that strategy.  

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

:thumbsup:  Love it.  Good for us that have wads of cash in investments.  

Doesn't matter for those living paycheck to paycheck that can't even contribute to their 401K.  Fine with me, IDGAF about the poors.  

Keep telling the trailer park people how good the economy is please!  I like that strategy.  

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Jobs everywhere, Dems paying for your college, evil libs created all these social media tools to make money, on and on.

Someone wants to believe this makeup wearing, multiple bankrupt victim, conman will fix their lives well not much I can do about that 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Jobs everywhere, Dems paying for your college, evil libs created all these social media tools to make money, on and on.

Preach brother!  :doh:

:lol:

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Wow.  

Biden's approval rating being 36% on the economy sure is a touchy subject for the 3 tranny loving life losers.  :lol:

Presidential approval ratings don't factor much as a measure of economic health. Sure, they might negatively impact consumer confidence, but factors such as unemployment, wages, GDP and CPI are the primary economic measures.

I've already provided links showing unemployment at or near record lows, so that's an economic thumbs up. 👍

So now let's pivot to GDP:

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_monthly_gdp

As you can see from this graph, GDP is way up from where it was in May 2023.

In fact, it is nearly 28 percent higher than it was in the final couple of years of Clownzo's reign of dumbassery.

An examination of this graph shows GDP at or near all-time highs:

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/countries/usa/united-states/gdp-gross-domestic-product#:~:text=U.S. gdp for 2022 was,a 4.13% increase from 2018.

So we can give GDP an economic thumbs up. 👍

Turning now to CPI, we see a big spike in some areas in 2022, much of it caused by supply, demand and instability that Russia caused with its Ukraine invasion:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/consumer-price-index-and-annual-percent-changes-from-1913-to-2008/

However, that has somewhat stabilized in the past year, with prices plummeting in key areas, so CPI gets an economic thumbs up as well. 👍

Moving on to consumer confidence, it declined in February after three straight months of gains. 

https://www.conference-board.org/topics/consumer-confidence

Optimism and pessimism largely drive consumer confidence, and as I mentioned before and as underscored by this very thread, if people keep saying the economy was bad without educating themselves on economics and how an economy is meaured, that's throwing gasoline on the pessimism fires. 

Sadly, cultist MAGAturds ignorantly remain on the same pessimistic menstrual cycle regardless of facts and common sense, so you can take your presidential approval rating and stick it up your ass. You're part of the problem, boyo. Misery loves company, and MAGAturds are like moths to a flame when it comes to hive-minded negativity without coming up with solutions.

25 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Doesn't matter.   

Dont forget crime and Bidens corruption coming to light finally. 

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Presidential approval ratings don't factor much as a measure of economic health. Sure, they might negatively impact consumer confidence, but factors such as unemployment, wages, GDP and CPI are the primary economic measures.

I've already provided links showing unemployment at or near record lows, so that's an economic thumbs up. 👍

So now let's pivot to GDP:

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_monthly_gdp

As you can see from this graph, GDP is way up from where it was in May 2023.

In fact, it is nearly 28 percent higher than it was in the final couple of years of Clownzo's reign of dumbassery.

An examination of this graph shows GDP at or near all-time highs:

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/countries/usa/united-states/gdp-gross-domestic-product#:~:text=U.S. gdp for 2022 was,a 4.13% increase from 2018.

So we can give GDP an economic thumbs up. 👍

Turning now to CPI, we see a big spike in some areas in 2022, much of it caused by supply, demand and instability that Russia caused with its Ukraine invasion:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/consumer-price-index-and-annual-percent-changes-from-1913-to-2008/

However, that has somewhat stabilized in the past year, with prices plummeting in key areas, so CPI gets an economic thumbs up as well. 👍

Moving on to consumer confidence, it declined in February after three straight months of gains. 

https://www.conference-board.org/topics/consumer-confidence

Optimism and pessimism largely drive consumer confidence, and as I mentioned before and as underscored by this very thread, if people keep saying the economy was bad without educating themselves on economics and how an economy is meaured, that's throwing gasoline on the pessimism fires. 

Sadly, cultist MAGAturds ignorantly remain on the same pessimistic menstrual cycle regardless of facts and common sense, so you can take your presidential approval rating and stick it up your ass. You're part of the problem, boyo. Misery loves company, and MAGAturds are like moths to a flame when it comes to hive-minded negativity without coming up with solutions.

tl:dr

It's doesn't matter.   36%.   That's a problem for Biden regardless of what you think. 

Even the blacks are voting more for Trump now.  Nice work Bidenomics.  :lol:

26 minutes ago, Horseman said:

The guy NBC news had on last night in the bar in Pennsylvania.  Newly retired, said the economy doesn't feel good for him. He never thought his two grown kids would still be living with him when he retired.  He votes democrat and blames Biden, not going to vote for him this time around.

How many anecdotal examples are you going to need before you come to grips with what we already know?:  Biden's approval rating on the economy is 36%.  

He doesn’t care about abortion this guy in PA? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

It's doesn't matter.   36%.   That's a problem for Biden regardless of what you think. 

So your whole argument is that the economy is working great for you and you can't refute the data, but its still only a 36% approval rating, which none of us can refute either.

So something isn't right.  Either all thw economic data is wrong and people really are suffering ( no one here is suffering) or the poll is wrong or the people are out of touch.

But agreed 36% approval is a problem for Biden.

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

As I said, presidential approval ratings reflect people's opinions. Polls aren't direct economic indicators. 

If morons such as yourself were to actually look at statistics such as the ones I provided, your economic viewpoint would shift.

Sadly, MAGAturds embrace the bliss they get from ignorance and share a pessismistic mindset impervious to facts and reality.

1 minute ago, Ron_Artest said:

So your whole argument is that the economy is working great for you and you can't refute the data, but its still only a 36% approval rating, which none of us can refute either.

So something isn't right.  Either all thw economic data is wrong and people really are suffering ( no one here is suffering) or the poll is wrong or the people are out of touch.

But agreed 36% approval is a problem for Biden.

It's simple.  Most people aren't well off that benefit from the stock market and all the other "economic data".  It's cost of goods, prices are still high and even after inflation cools it takes a long time until those people start to see the prices come down.

Use gas, it's going to be just as high this summer than it was last summer.

Biden is cooked on this issue.

18 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You are conflating a few issues here.

Is that number a problem for Biden. Of course.

Is our economy in reality bad. No it is not.

Doesn’t really matter in the end for the political aspect of this as politics is messaging and smoke and mirrors but our economy all things considered has performed well.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You are conflating a few issues here.

Is that number a problem for Biden. Of course.

Is our economy in reality bad. No it is not.

Doesn’t really matter in the end for the political aspect of this as politics is messaging and smoke and mirrors but our economy all things considered has performed well.

The problem is the perception among those polled rather than reality.

It's scary when a high percentage of folks in our society can't look at facts and think for themselves.

This forum underscores that daily. 

MAGAturds can't get off high center when it comes to negative things of the past, such as soaring inflation in 2022 and the summer 2020 riots. They'd rather cling to those negative moments in time instead of moving with the flow of reality and common sense.

19 minutes ago, Horseman said:

It's simple.  Most people aren't well off that benefit from the stock market and all the other "economic data".  It's cost of goods, prices are still high and even after inflation cools it takes a long time until those people start to see the prices come down.

Use gas, it's going to be just as high this summer than it was last summer.

Biden is cooked on this issue.

Goes deeper than that.  When you look at party affiliation, Democrats are 75% approval, Republicans 4% approval.  No republican including you are gonna say they approve of the economy even though they are doing great.

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The problem is the perception among those polled rather than reality.

It's scary when a high percentage of folks in our society can't look at facts and think for themselves.

This forum underscores that daily. 

MAGAturds can't get off high center when it comes to negative things of the past, such as soaring inflation in 2022 and the summer 2020 riots. They'd rather cling to those negative moments in time instead of moving with the flow of reality and common sense.

Most people in here are hardcore partisans but yeah it feels like that is more the norm now. Maybe it was always like this not sure.

I blame Biden and Dems for not being able to explain their message. But people are definitely dumb as well. Fat, lazy entitled nation. That comes with great success I suppose. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Most people in here are hardcore partisans but yeah it feels like that is more the norm now. Maybe it was always like this not sure.

I blame Biden and Dems for not being able to explain their message. But people are definitely dumb as well. Fat, lazy entitled nation. That comes with great success I suppose. 

It reminds me of McMurphy's "pecking party" observation out of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

The flock gets sight of a spot of blood on some chicken and they all go to peckin’ at it, see, till they rip the chicken to shreds, blood and bones and feathers. But usually a couple of the flock gets spotted in the fracas, then it’s their turn. And a few more gets spots and gets pecked to death, and more and more. Oh, a peckin’ party can wipe out the whole flock in a matter of a few hours, buddy, I seen it. A mighty awesome sight. The only way to prevent it—with chickens—is to clip blinders on them. So’s they can’t see.

MAGAturds have convinced themselves that nothing but bad has come from the Biden administration and that their hero Clownzo can magically make everything wonderful again. Never mind that his presidency was a chit show of never-ending dysfunction and embarrassments. His own people turned on him one after the other, and it took some skilled handlers to keep him from doing crazy things that would have put our nation at great peril.

I fear that this time next year, we'll be looking at the beginnings of the kind of things that led to the government Hungary now hands. Clownzo will do his best to turn us into an autocracy with him as dictator. He'll push to remove the presidential term limit to he can reign as dictator for as long as he lives.

With the evangelical right by his side, we could become something similar to Gilead in "The Handmaid's Tale" before you know it.

Take, for example, this clown Mark Robinson who wants to take away women's right to vote and that women should go back to be subservient to men.

This might be where we're headed.

It’s hard to believe MAGA doesn’t realize that the border  is the republicans fault. They truly are blind. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Goes deeper than that.  When you look at party affiliation, Democrats are 75% approval, Republicans 4% approval.  No republican including you are gonna say they approve of the economy even though they are doing great.

WTF are you talking about?  I love this economy.  Have you read any of my posts on the last two pages, at all?   :doh:

Again, strictly speaking about economy, I'm not voting for Biden because of what he TRIED to do.   Not because of what he did do or how the current economy is going. 

12 minutes ago, Horseman said:

WTF are you talking about?  I love this economy.  Have you read any of my posts on the last two pages, at all?   :doh:

Again, strictly speaking about economy, I'm not voting for Biden because of what he TRIED to do.   Not because of what he did do or how the current economy is going. 

So you would be in that 4% of Republicans that approves of Biden's job on the economy?

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It reminds me of McMurphy's "pecking party" observation out of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

MAGAturds have convinced themselves that nothing but bad has come from the Biden administration and that their hero Clownzo can magically make everything wonderful again. Never mind that his presidency was a chit show of never-ending dysfunction and embarrassments. His own people turned on him one after the other, and it took some skilled handlers to keep him from doing crazy things that would have put our nation at great peril.

I fear that this time next year, we'll be looking at the beginnings of the kind of things that led to the government Hungary now hands. Clownzo will do his best to turn us into an autocracy with him as dictator. He'll push to remove the presidential term limit to he can reign as dictator for as long as he lives.

With the evangelical right by his side, we could become something similar to Gilead in "The Handmaid's Tale" before you know it.

Take, for example, this clown Mark Robinson who wants to take away women's right to vote and that women should go back to be subservient to men.

This might be where we're headed.

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Sadly like 50% of our country are morons. God love em, but it’s true. 

And blue

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

And blue

There are many dopes on team blue. There are many dopes on team red. In the end they drag us all down. We are entitled and lazy because life is so easy here. 

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

If you are of means, the economy is less bad for you, and making money is actually pretty good right now.....if you are not of means....your life is miserable right now..... worse than it has been in decades....and those people are p!ssed

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If you are of means, the economy is less bad for you, and making money is actually pretty good right now.....if you are not of means....your life is miserable right now..... worse than it has been in decades....and those people are p!ssed

So the lowest income folks wage growth far outpacing inflation makes them miserable huh?

And I guess the crowded restaurants, bars, flights, hotels, movies. stadiums, etc are all filled only with people of means.  Interesting.

Other than housing, which is dictated by factors not materially impacted by typical inflationary pressures, the folks at the lowest rung are better off now than they have been in a long time.

These are facts.  Not feelz. 

51 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This.  Im not struggling.   I make an ok salary and am good with money.  I should be more involved with my 401k and investing, but I am a long ways from retirement.  

But being nickle and dimed at each turn adds up.   My electric bill has rose significantly because of NYS renewable energy laws being kicked into place.  And it was a very light winter.  I still go into grocery stores and am amazed at what things cost these days.  

So who is this economy really for?  People that are already set and have money to make money?   Thats great.  But a good chunk of people feel their money doesnt go nearly as far as it did just a few years ago.  People have less money in their pockets.  

Hopefully Trump will put an end to global inflation his next term, right after he finishes the wall, eliminates the debt and replaces the ACA with something wonderful. 

• Like 1

Just now, MDC said:

Hopefully Trump will put an end to global inflation his next term, right after he finishes the wall, eliminates the debt and replaces the ACA with something wonderful. 

Trump!

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Trump!

He’s gonna fix everything. :wub: 

I guess all these stores closing all over the place has no significance. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess all these stores closing all over the place has no significance. 

That may have less to do with the economy.   More to do with crime and the pushing/infatuation with Amazon and things like Door Dash.  

You can put a tinfoil hat on me.  But I tend to think this shift is by design.  If its not then what are we doing as a society?  Make it easier and easier to get things until we become blobs in a water vessel?  The art of having to do anything is lost.  Everyone likes convenience but it is reaching a point where people have developed mental complexes.  Work from home, watch your amazon prime, wait for door dash.  The new ear buds should be droned in by amazon any moment now.  Maybe my doc will send me some shot to lose weight, who need exercise?