Sign in to follow this  
Mufaletta

Trump VP Pick

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why do I get the feeling there’s more to this dog story? It’s a lock that there is. Not that I’m lowering myself to reading Rolling Stone. Has all the earmarks of leftist bullshitt. As usual. 

Here are a variety of news sources reporting the story so you don't have to "lower" yourself to read Rolling Stone.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=a86e07efb5a54114&sca_upv=1&sxsrf=ACQVn0_6N44nQZbTpoioMkPl2DUe-_FHYQ:1714190600267&q=South+Dakota+Gov.+Kristi+Noem+defends+her+account+of+killing&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjHl7nOweGFAxVO38kDHZd0B_oQt8YBKAF6BAgOEAQ&biw=1252&bih=560&dpr=1.5

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Take a break from being a Snowflake for a few minutes, go watch the draft and talk Fantasy Football for God's sake. 

After all, this is a Fantasy Football Forum. 

No, it's a forum set up to talk about subjects other than fantasy football, dumbass. 

The Geek Club

Off-Topic at it's best! Hang out and meet some geeks... you just might learn something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My dad grew up poor on a farm. Killing animals was part of life. 

As was raising an ignorant, dooshy son.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

As was raising an ignorant, dooshy son.

Dang. Dude, find something to do with your life. 

I have killed animals on the farm including a dog, some cats,  a few racoons, a fox, hundreds of rats, a horse and a heifer.  Rabies and injuries were the most common reason. Troubling the chickens was the next most common reason. Worrying the cows the least common reason but the most serious reason.  The cats, well they sometimes get stepped on by the cows and they need to be put down.  The other animals listed all got taken care of by a firearm.  The cats with broken backs or nearly severed limbs, well those got dispatched by whatever was to hand, a spade, a hammer, a bit of two by four, whatever.

I remember being emotionally upset the first time I saw my grandfather dispatch a dog that was worrying our cows.  I was maybe 4. He had warned the owner, a neighbor, several times.  The dog got into the pasture again.  The dog was just playing, but its play was to run around dairy cows each worth thousands of dollars and each potentially losing milk production from being run and being freightened.  My grandfather nonchalantly walked into his office in the milking barn, grabbed his 30.06, and shot that dog from a standing and unsupported position at around 300 yards.  Gramps was an exceptionally good shot.  Over the years I rapidly became desensitized to killing animals, even those I knew well, even pets that had come to the end of their lives.    We did not take old dogs who were sick to the vet, we took them out back.

Animals were animals.  Chickens that had stopped laying became dinner, we particpated in helping the neighbor castgrate lambs and we killed and butchered a few lambs as our reward.  We hunted rabbit, whitetail, geese, duck, pheasants. We fished.  Occasionally grandpa would buy a steer from a feed lot and we would help in butchering that.

So, the defense from some folks I am seeing here for Kristi Noem murdering her dog is that Democrats support worse things?

:mellow:

Really?

Is that the hill you want to die on?

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

So, the defense from some folks I am seeing here for Kristi Noem murdering her dog is that Democrats support worse things?

:mellow:

Really?

Is that the hill you want to die on?

Or “the 14 month old dog deserved it”

It’s the AG I’m more concerned with. We need to have a bloodbath. People need to go to prison and get this justice system unfocked. It’s gone from the envy of the world to a laughingstock in just a few years. 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Or “the 14 month old dog deserved it”

And apparently there were no animal shelters near where she lives that she could have given the dog to so it might have been adopted.

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Dogs are better than humans.  Trump hates dogs.  Another reason to hate Trump.

Better than the humans you know. Probably cleaner too. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Dogs are better than humans.  Trump hates dogs.  Another reason to hate Trump.

I’m sure dogs hate Trump too.

• Like 1

• Haha 1

Obama eats them and he got elected twice. Typical liberal hypocrisy. 

17 hours ago, double tour said:

Dang. Dude, find something to do with your life. 

Perhaps I should go online, research Geeks' wives/ex-wives hair color and brag here about digging up that information.

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Perhaps I should go online, research Geeks' wives/ex-wives hair color and brag here about digging up that information.

You can’t.  You’re a nobody that sells insurance and lives with cats. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You can’t.  You’re a nobody that sells insurance and lives with cats. 

Lots of people live with cats, boyo. They're common household pets, and I'm proud of our foster work, for which you lack the heart and empathy to comprehend, because you grew up dumb and poor.

And I make more money in a year than you did in 10 while chasing mall shoplifters on your Segway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Lots of people live with cats, boyo. They're common household pets, and I'm proud of our foster work, for which you lack the heart and empathy to comprehend, because you grew up dumb and poor.

And I make more money in a year than you did in 10 while chasing mall shoplifters on your Segway.

A Nobody from nowhere.  An attention starved man baby. 

If Trump wanted to accomplish something, he would get someone like Robert Barnes who understands the level of corruption and how to fix it.   There are too many potential backstabbers on his current list. 

I’d say that I’m surprised to see anyone here defend someone who executes puppies.

But I’m not.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 8:55 AM, squistion said:

And apparently there were no animal shelters near where she lives that she could have given the dog to so it might have been adopted.

Quick google search shows 5 shelters in the state.  I am not sure of the morality of putting a vicious dog up for adoption.  Of course the discription is more of an untrained dog than a vicious dog, a stupid and excitable pup though the allegation is that after kiling some chickens it also nipped Noem.

My wife, a city girl (My grandmother would have called her a painted up city woman) gets emotional about these things.  When our pets have come to end of life and it is clear they are suffering and need to be put down she cannot do it.  Even though they are her pets and my daughters pets neither is capable of doing what they have decided must be done.  Because they are emotional about it I took those animals to the vet and had them "humanely" put down while holding them, 1 dog and three cats so far and the fourth cat is 15 so presumably that will happen again in the next year or two.  The charge each time is over $100.  To me that is a waste of money when a cartridge is much cheaper.  Still, so they don't have the image of me blowing away their pets in their heads I pay the fee and don't discuss my upbringing and what we did on the farm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She focked up. Was an uphill battle to get the pick coming from a state with 28 people but she was keeping it tight and morphing into the type of female bot that Don loves to have in pictures. Now she has no chance and has to grovel for some lower position. 

When Obama was eating dogs, did he season them? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When Obama was eating dogs, did he season them? 

You have to marinate them to tenderize them.  Still they are a bit stringy and need a bit of salt.  They make a good adobo.

On 4/27/2024 at 6:48 AM, Engorgeous George said:

I have killed animals on the farm including a dog, some cats,  a few racoons, a fox, hundreds of rats, a horse and a heifer.  Rabies and injuries were the most common reason. Troubling the chickens was the next most common reason. Worrying the cows the least common reason but the most serious reason.  The cats, well they sometimes get stepped on by the cows and they need to be put down.  The other animals listed all got taken care of by a firearm.  The cats with broken backs or nearly severed limbs, well those got dispatched by whatever was to hand, a spade, a hammer, a bit of two by four, whatever.

I remember being emotionally upset the first time I saw my grandfather dispatch a dog that was worrying our cows.  I was maybe 4. He had warned the owner, a neighbor, several times.  The dog got into the pasture again.  The dog was just playing, but its play was to run around dairy cows each worth thousands of dollars and each potentially losing milk production from run and being freightened.  My grandfather nonchalantly walked into his office in the milking barn, grabbed his 30.06, and shot that dog from a standing and unsupported position at around 300 yards.  Gramps was an exceptionally good shot.  Over the years I rapidly became desensitized to killing animals, even those I knew well ,even pets that had come to the end of their lives.    We did not take old dogs who were sick to the vet, we took them out back.

Animals were animals.  Chickens that had stopped laying became dinner, we particpated in helping the neighbor castgrate lambs and we killed and butchered a few lambs as our reward.  We hunted rabbit, whitetail, geese, duck, pheasants. We fished.  Occasionally grandpa would buy a steer from a feed lot and we would help in butchering that.

Many serial killers had the same experience. 

On 4/28/2024 at 1:17 PM, 5-Points said:

Many serial killers had the same experience. 

Indeed.  So I have read, though I suspect rather than becoming desensitized they became aroused.

If every puppy that bit someone got executed, there wouldn’t be any left

18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:
If every puppy that bit someone got executed, there wouldn’t be any left

If every pervert that showers with kids was executed inflation would be lower and we would have never heard of you. 

I haven’t really been following the story, but what exactly are we upset about here?  The simple fact a dog is dead? Do we think the dog wasnt dangerous to humans and livestock? The manner in which it was killed was inhumane? Someone holding public office is capable of this?  That state laws allow this?  

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

I haven’t really been following the story, but what exactly are we upset about here?  The simple fact a dog is dead? Do we think the dog wasnt dangerous to humans and livestock? The manner in which it was killed was inhumane? Someone holding public office is capable of this?  That state laws allow this?  

I think it's more along the lines of:

"I don't like this person.  They don't think like me.  They don't vote like me.  So I'm going to everything I can to make even the tiniest, miniscule thing seem like a big deal hoping I can take them down."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

I don't know about everyone else but I have a problem with people that shoot puppies that they don't like and then brag about how tough they are for doing it.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah shooting puppies is NBD.

FFS. You’re such a sheep.

15 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

I don't know about everyone else but I have a problem with people that shoot puppies that they don't like and then brag about how tough they are for doing it.

Maybe don't take on the training of a dog if you can't handle it. The animal will always do what comes natural. If it turns out to be smarter or more strong willed than you, it won't end well for you. 

Noem is a terrible candidate. Trump is getting influenced by way too many esatablishment type politicians who will sabbatage him.