The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

Remember, if you take an anti-crime stance, you're racist. 

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I do not believe most conservatives believe that.  I was giving you an example of an extreme view held by a few conservatives just like the example you used to suggest that liberals think a man can be a woman.  That's an extreme view held by only a few liberals.

You feel me now boyo?

Yeah you're wrong.   Tranny rights are being discussed everywhere.  There has been no discussion about conervatives wanting to take away a woman's right to vote.  So that's  a bad comparison.

Just now, supermike80 said:

Yeah you're wrong.   Tranny rights are being discussed everywhere.  There has been no discussion about conervatives wanting to take away a woman's right to vote.  So that's  a bad comparison.

Tranny rights are not being discussed everywhere other than saying don't discriminate against them.

And the dude from NC just brought up women's rights to vote.  Now he tried to frame it as a positive for the GOP but he clearly had it top of mind.  Also visit some cultist centered sites outside this one and you tell me how Trump cucks feel about women. 

C'mon boyo. 

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Tranny rights are not being discussed everywhere other than saying don't discriminate against them.

And the dude from NC just brought up women's rights to vote.  Now he tried to frame it as a positive for the GOP but he clearly had it top of mind.  Also visit some cultist centered sites outside this one and you tell me how Trump cucks feel about women. 

C'mon boyo. 

Sooooo  they're not being discussed everywhere...but they are?   That was a good counter argument there  HA HA HA

37 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Remember, if you take an anti-crime stance, you're racist. 

I remember that no one has ever said that.

36 minutes ago, squistion said:

I remember that no one has ever said that.

Correct, no one ever said it... they just implied it and charge (or lack there of), crimes that way.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Lots of misinformation here..Of course

1) There were lots of mistakes made by bof sidez during covid.  However the majority of them -- 2 masks, keep kids out of school, lock down vegetable seeds at the grocery store, firing people who chose not to get vaccinated, were all liberal emotional responses

2) I don't necessarily reject the "science" of climate change. As I have said countless times, the $$ spent should focus on adaptation, not elimination.  But liberals believe if everyone drove an electric car, the world would improve.  They live in a happy happy joy joy world that doesn't exist.  The overwhelming majority of recommendations related to climate change driven by the left are emotional and not logical.  Instead of realizing that climate change isn't stopping, they put their hands over their ears and go LA LA LA LA.

3) Believing Trump won the election(Which I don't by the way) and believing Obama was born in Kenya(which I also don't) aren't emotional responses.   MEAN TWEETS is an emotional response.  And the left has that covered in spades.

4) Claiming a man can be a woman, especially a child, means democrats are absolutely NOT The rational ones.  Hate to bring the tranny thing into this, but it's true.  You can't be rational if you truly believe this is possible.  Again..emotions.   Jonny FEELS like a woman, so he must be a woman

I appreciate the lengthy response here. This is the sort of thing I was hoping for when I started this thread. My thoughts. 

1. Any supposed mistakes made by liberals during Covid was based on the recommendations of public health experts, and therefore, theoretically, on science. For the most part those errors didn’t cost lives. The rejection of the vaccines, almost entirely from the right, has cost many lives and continues to do so. 

2. You’re speaking for yourself on climate change. Actually I don’t necessarily find your POV unreasonable, but I was referring to the millions of conservatives who reject the science of climate change. They include, incidentally, your nominee for President. In addition, while we can argue over liberal solutions to this problem,‘the almost universal attitude of conservatives to reinvest in fossil fuels (drill drill drill) is at this point the definition of insanity IMO, and once again it’s one of Trump’s main platforms for his re-election. 

3. Yes believing Trump won and Birtherism are conspiracy theories based on emotionalism, not reason, my entire point.

4. As others have pointed out, very few liberals  believe a man can be a woman and vice versa. What we believe is that transgenders deserve love and respect and TREATED, in most situations, as the sex they have chosen. That’s not the same thing. And it’s not a rejection of science. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jonmx said:

SOTU speeches are generally pretty long, like an hour plus.  LBJ and Reagan gave two of the shortest SOTU addresses at around 40 minutes.  Biden's will be under 30.  

Wrong_mx was wrong again. Who would have thunk it?

His speech clocked in at 1 hour, 28 minutes, 49 seconds, according to the American Presidency Project at the University of California at Santa Barbara.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Correct, no one ever said it... they just implied it and charge (or lack there of), crimes that way.

Most liberals believe that crime can be successfully fought without institutional racism, which exists now among police and the justice system in this country, mostly  in the inner cities. We can work to eliminate that racism and still fight crime. That is what we are trying to do. 

Also, most liberals believe that the best way to fight crime is by improving education and economic opportunities in those areas where crime most occurs. While punishment for crime is necessary it’s not necessarily a deterrent. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Most liberals believe that crime can be successfully fought without institutional racism, which exists now among police and the justice system in this country, mostly  in the inner cities. We can work to eliminate that racism and still fight crime. That is what we are trying to do. 

Also, most liberals believe that the best way to fight crime is by improving education and economic opportunities in those areas where crime most occurs. While punishment for crime is necessary it’s not necessarily a deterrent. 

LOL, that's pretty funny and if it were possible to more than 100% wrong on anything, your post would qualify.

29 minutes ago, squistion said:

Wrong_mx was wrong again. Who would have thunk it?

Was way too long. Viewership was down 29% from last years SOTU speech.

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Did he pass your test? This cognitive impairment stuff was always such bullsh!t. 

Lol...keep telling yourself that.  People in the first stages just have moments where they get lost, which in limited public appearance Biden has clearly demonstrated.   Biden showed he can stay on script for an hour, good for him.   Seriously, I want him to stay on.    If he does decide to debate, it will not be a good look and he will be exposed.   There is a large segment of the Democrats who want to replace Biden, but with this performance Biden can go into hiding until the convention and be safe.

I thought the speech was pretty terrible.  Biden had too angry of a tone and pointed his fingers at America....Trump supporters, the Supreme Court, Congress.   A man with approval ratings in the 30's such desperate tactics will backfire.  

His themes were completely out of touch with the American public.   His main theme of this theory that Putin is Hitler and will conquere all of Europe is ridiculous and only serves to unnecessarily put us on the brink of a real war.  The reality is we are supporting a puppet regime in Ukraine so we could have troops on Russian borders.   This is not some holy war and it is remarkable how the media has boombozzled democrats into becoming war hawks.   And nobody buys  Bidens newly found concerns for the border or his fraudulent bill that they tried to hoist upon us.  

Pointing his fingers at half of America as a threat to Democracy is laughable on it's face.  The day it happened, I thought January 6th looked similar to the Reichstag fire, and now I know for a fact it was.   The Biden administration primary focus since entering office has been to criminalize dissent and expand censorship.  Their efforts to destroy Trump through numerous malicious prosecutions and even remove him from the ballot exposes them as the authoritarian bastards that they are.  

The executive branch has been completely weaponized against American citizens.   This is no longer the America that is described in The Constituion.

30 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Was way too long. Viewership was down 29% from last years SOTU speech.

No problem with that, since jon_mx and the usual suspects kept saying he was too old and feeble to have a speech run over 30 minutes. Plus he had a lot of issues to discuss.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I appreciate the lengthy response here. This is the sort of thing I was hoping for when I started this thread. My thoughts. 

1. Any supposed mistakes made by liberals during Covid was based on the recommendations of public health experts, and therefore, theoretically, on science. For the most part those errors didn’t cost lives. The rejection of the vaccines, almost entirely from the right, has cost many lives and continues to do so. 

2. You’re speaking for yourself on climate change. Actually I don’t necessarily find your POV unreasonable, but I was referring to the millions of conservatives who reject the science of climate change. They include, incidentally, your nominee for President. In addition, while we can argue over liberal solutions to this problem,‘the almost universal attitude of conservatives to reinvest in fossil fuels (drill drill drill) is at this point the definition of insanity IMO, and once again it’s one of Trump’s main platforms for his re-election. 

3. Yes believing Trump won and Birtherism are conspiracy theories based on emotionalism, not reason, my entire point.

4. As others have pointed out, very few liberals  believe a man can be a woman and vice versa. What we believe is that transgenders deserve love and respect and TREATED, in most situations, as the sex they have chosen. That’s not the same thing. And it’s not a rejection of science. 

1) There was no science saying people should be fired from their jobs for not getting the shot.  There was no science saying people could still go to the grocery store, but they couldn't buy vegetable seeds while there.  There was science that said kids weren't highly susceptible to the virus, yet they still closed down schools.  So all that sh!t was just sh!t.

2) You said ME when you referenced climate change so I gave you MY response.  But yes, currently fossil fuels are the most cost effective method of energy on this planet.   A society needs energy to succeed and prosper.   Meanwhile, while everyone pretty much knows nuclear is the most cost effective option, liberal feelings get in the way of it being used.  Not science, feelings.

3) Bitherism isn't a feeling based response.  It's an opinion.  Feelings and opinions aren't the same thing.

4) Very few liberals is absolutely a lie.  Many liberals believe in this.  That's why it's being pushed for in so many areas.  Who is doing the pushing?  It ain't conservatives.

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

No problem with that, since jon_mx and the usual suspects kept saying he was too old and feeble to have a speech run over 30 minutes. Plus he had a lot of issues to discuss.

Even old actors can remember a script if they study it for 2 months. 

Not talking about just Biden but all these SOTU speeches are just theatre to pander to the bases. Some facts, some fiction.

24 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Meanwhile, while everyone pretty much knows nuclear is the most cost effective option, liberal feelings get in the way of it being used.  Not science, feelings.

I will concede this point. As I’ve stated before, this is the one major exception to my rule that liberals generally accept science and facts better than modern day conservatives do. In the case of nuclear energy the opposite is true (though it must also be added that a major impediment to more nuclear power is not liberal fears but a NIMBY attitude among homeowners of all political persuasions.) 

Marjorie Taylor Greene showed a major lack of decorum last night. But it would be hypocritical of me to call it out and not mention that a few years ago Nancy Pelosi tore up her copy of the speech in public. I’m a Pelosi fan but that was awful and I said so at the time. And of course this move was a few years after the congressman who screamed out “LIAR!” at Obama. 

So I’m not pointing fingers at either party, only the individuals who pull this crap. But I do wish we could get back to decorum and respect from all sides. 

Biden seemed to love themes pushing population control.   Demanding billions for more war because not nearly enough people have died in these wars which don't impact us.   Wanting abortion clinics on every corner.   Want to chop off as many children genitals as possible.  

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I will concede this point. As I’ve stated before, this is the one major exception to my rule that liberals generally accept science and facts better than modern day conservatives do. In the case of nuclear energy the opposite is true (though it must also be added that a major impediment to more nuclear power is not liberal fears but a NIMBY attitude among homeowners of all political persuasions.) 

Blah.   No one wants a nuclear plant in their backyard.  Nor do they want a coal plant, an oil derrick, or a manufacturing plant.  Yet those still get done.  

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene showed a major lack of decorum last night. But it would be hypocritical of me to call it out and not mention that a few years ago Nancy Pelosi tore up her copy of the speech in public. I’m a Pelosi fan but that was awful and I said so at the time. And of course this move was a few years after the congressman who screamed out “LIAR!” at Obama. 

So I’m not pointing fingers at either party, only the individuals who pull this crap. But I do wish we could get back to decorum and respect from all sides. 

The members of the Suprem Court show up to respect the institution, not as an opportunity for members of congress to politicize rulings or to be scorned by the President.  

There was an aspect of the response speech which really bothered me last night and which I haven’t heard mentioned: when she spoke, with either genuine or manufactured emotion, about the migrant she met at the border who was repeatedly raped. 
The problem I have with this sort of argument, when made by Republicans, is what is their solution? Are they proposing to have authorities monitor the migrants with police authority and protect innocents, prevent rapes and arrest those responsible? No, their solution is to keep these people out of the country and prevent them from getting here. Beyond that they offer nothing. Will that prevent this woman from being raped? No. 

Just now, jonmx said:

The members of the Suprem Court show up to respect the institution, not as an opportunity for members of congress to politicize rulings or to be scorned by the President.  

😀

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The Supreme Court has become politicized over many years. One of the many criticisms I have of Joe Biden is that he is one of the men most responsible for starting this process. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There was an aspect of the response speech which really bothered me last night and which I haven’t heard mentioned: when she spoke, with either genuine or manufactured emotion, about the migrant she met at the border who was repeatedly raped. 
The problem I have with this sort of argument, when made by Republicans, is what is their solution? Are they proposing to have authorities monitor the migrants with police authority and protect innocents, prevent rapes and arrest those responsible? No, their solution is to keep these people out of the country and prevent them from getting here. Beyond that they offer nothing. Will that prevent this woman from being raped? No. 

Potentially it would.  If she stayed in her neighborhood with her family and the protections that provides the likelihood of her getting raped is lower.  These people who use human smugglers to get here are abused in numerous ways without any protections or recourse.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Potentially it would.  If she stayed in her neighborhood with her family and the protections that provides the likelihood of her getting raped is lower.  These people who use human smugglers to get here are abused in numerous ways without any protections or recourse.

Why do you think she left her neighborhood and family in the first place? What conditions do you think she and all the others endured that would make them be willing to risk rape, their lives, the loss of their families, to come here? 

There is no amount of deterrents that will ever stop these people from trying to come here. 

46 minutes ago, squistion said:

😀

If you're actually celebrating what Biden did concerning SCOTUS last night you are rather large piece of shlt. HTH

1 minute ago, Reality said:

If you're actually celebrating what Biden did concerning SCOTUS last night you are rather large piece of shlt. HTH

Thank you! :banana:

Terrific opinion piece about how Trump’s entire call for border security is a scam: 

https://newrepublic.com/article/179682/trump-rant-biden-speech-maga-ugliest-scam

The real concern Trump, and at least some of his followers have, is not about border security (which would have been very much helped by the compromise bill) but about the changing ethnic makeup of the United States helped by the increased migration. Thats at the root of the MAGA movement IMO and always has been. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Terrific opinion piece about how Trump’s entire call for border security is a scam: 

https://newrepublic.com/article/179682/trump-rant-biden-speech-maga-ugliest-scam

The real concern Trump, and at least some of his followers have, is not about border security (which would have been very much helped by the compromise bill) but about the changing ethnic makeup of the United States helped by the increased migration. Thats at the root of the MAGA movement IMO and always has been. 

No sh!t dumbass, of course we don't want to change the ethnic makeup of the US.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

No sh!t dumbass, of course we don't want to change the ethnic makeup of the US.

Yes to your credit you are one of the few people here willing to admit your bigotry for all to see. Many others hide it with supposed concern about crime and border security, but not you. You lay your racist concerns out there. If it were possible for me to admire you for this I would. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes to your credit you are one of the few people here willing to admit your bigotry for all to see. Many others hide it with supposed concern about crime and border security, but not you. You lay your racist concerns out there. If it were possible for me to admire you for this I would. 

It isn't racist to not want the ethnic makeup of your country to change. The only people in the world that are ok with this are ate up liberals from the US, Canada and UK. 

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It isn't racist to not want the ethnic makeup of your country to change. 

Really? I don’t think most people would agree with you. 

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You can think whatever you want. Most people if given the choice would choose to not change the ethnic makeup of their country. In your circle? Probably not 

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Exactly. If not wanting to change the ethnic makeup of your country isn't racist, then I don't what is. 

Just now, squistion said:

Exactly. If not wanting to change the ethnic makeup of your country isn't racist, then I don't what is. 

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

Then every country is racist.  You have zero critical thinking skills. 

Russell Wilson is going to visit with the Steelers. 

I actually like Wilson but this doesn’t make sense to me unless we’ve completely given up on the two guys on the roster. I haven’t.