Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's not going to happen but I'd give up 20 overall for Aiyuk. A budding superstar in his prime. 

You won't find that at 20. 

True and fills a need as well. I think they want their top picks though to finish building their OL.

Two weeks ago, Cam Sutton got involved in a domestic violence situation at 5 AM, allegedly strangled a woman. Police don't know where he is, he's been ducking authorities ever since and has a warrant out for his arrest.

13 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Two weeks ago, Cam Sutton got involved in a domestic violence situation at 5 AM, allegedly strangled a woman. Police don't know where he is, he's been ducking authorities ever since and has a warrant out for his arrest.

OMG this is like an early Xmas present to lions fans. This should get him cut and provide a reason to go get Gillmore and Snead. Cam Sutton was my most hated lion last year. I am 100 percent convinced if we had a better corner we would have made it to the superbowl. In the game between dallas you could literally hear Dak calling Sutton out by name and identifying HIM instead of the mike.  He had this thing where if he got burned he fell down. I was so tired of seeing him fall down by the end of the year. 

Patriots 7.5 O/U win total next year?  :lol: 

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

I’ll take the under.

37 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’ll take the under.

My book doesn't have it yet but holy shlt, 7.5? 

I would think about betting the under 4.5. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

OMG this is like an early Xmas present to lions fans. This should get him cut and provide a reason to go get Gillmore and Snead. Cam Sutton was my most hated lion last year. I am 100 percent convinced if we had a better corner we would have made it to the superbowl. In the game between dallas you could literally hear Dak calling Sutton out by name and identifying HIM instead of the mike.  He had this thing where if he got burned he fell down. I was so tired of seeing him fall down by the end of the year. 

You probably make it to the Super Bowl with better coaching, regardless

I thought the Lions only drafted gentleman of the highest character? 

53 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

You probably make it to the Super Bowl with better coaching, regardless

I doubt it. The lions were among the absolute worst in defending the pass...in a pass dominated league. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I thought the Lions only drafted gentleman of the highest character? 

Sutton is a Ex Steeler and glad he is gone and wasn't worth the money the Lions paid him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I doubt it. The lions were among the absolute worst in defending the pass...in a pass dominated league. 

I mean I’m just speaking directly to the poor decisions in that nfc championship game 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

And they need a Coach, not a spontaneous game blowing meathead. 

On 3/21/2024 at 6:35 AM, edjr said:

Well let’s see, they were a four win team last year. Lost their HOF coach and mostly just managed to retain players from said four-win team.

You’d have to be a raging homer to take the over on that.

49 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Chiefs fans don't like the compensation.   But hard not to trust Brett Veach at this point.   They have some guys to re-sign, and I wonder if pushing the pick back to next year makes sense from how they intend to build the roster now and in the future.   Also have to wonder if they plan to address the OL with any money freed up by moving away from Sneed's salary. 

Feels like the Jets will wind up signing Clowney. Provided this is another 1 year deal, even if it's slightly more than the deal he signed with Baltimore last year, I think it would be a great replacement for Bryce Huff. Huff was a situational pass rusher, not a 3 down player and the Iggles gave him 3 years / 50+ million. Loved what he did, but that's a bit steep for what he does... but maybe he takes another step forward.

Clowney is a 3 down player who still had 9.5 sacks (Huff had 10). I think it would be a good fit. 

I am feeling more and more like the Jets will be looking to use that #10 pick on Brock Bowers. I don't love it, but I would understand it. My preference would be to still draft a tackle, especially with NY's horrid track record drafting tight ends.  Then again, it's been a while since they had a real good QB who can utilize that type of weapon. If they add another swing tackle in free agency as a backup to Smith and Moses, I think that would solidify Bowers or a WR as their 1st round selection. 

I would also be open to them trading back, picking up an extra pick and using that extra pick to take a QB to sit for a year or two behind Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs fans don't like the compensation.   But hard not to trust Brett Veach at this point.   They have some guys to re-sign, and I wonder if pushing the pick back to next year makes sense from how they intend to build the roster now and in the future.   Also have to wonder if they plan to address the OL with any money freed up by moving away from Sneed's salary. 

can't keep everyone. Even with Mahomes restructuring, it's just not possible.  Hollywood Brown was a tremendous addition for you guys. Mahomes now has a legit threat at receiver when healthy. The whole regular season narrative in 2023 was that he had no one reliable or explosive outside of Kelce. I never understood why McKinnon became a complete afterthought. Brown erases these concerns. He has speed, can play outside or inside, good hands... the only issue will be staying on the field. 

I'm sure they can find a bargain CB

24 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

"Hollywood" Brown. 😆

More like Branson Brown. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

More like Branson Brown. 

Had 1 year back in 2021 that he did anything of note, and even then only had 6 TDs. 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Well let’s see, they were a four win team last year. Lost their HOF coach and mostly just managed to retain players from said four-win team.

You’d have to be a raging homer to take the over on that.

HOF coach with Tom Brady. A sack of sh1t without him

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

HOF coach with Tom Brady. A sack of sh1t without him

Still, he was probably the reason their D was good and now they won’t have a good offense or a good defense 

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Still, he was probably the reason their D was good and now they won’t have a good offense or a good defense 

they only spent money on the D. BB hates offense

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Without Belichick, Brady NEVER becomes Brady as we know him. He simply is a regular QB. Middle of the pack.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

they only spent money on the D. BB hates offense

Not like they got a lot of blue chippers on D though. Judon maybe, now he’s old and hurt. Barmore if he ever puts it all together, I guess

Bill Polian made Tom Brady. That crybaby unleashed him. And BB deserves credit for that.  

The Giants are either getting/ taking a qB or taking WR. They aren’t taking an OL. They just signed 3, two of them starters in FA. 

The Giants are either getting/ taking a qB or taking WR. They aren’t taking an OL. They just signed 3, two of them starters in FA. 

Ah, hadn't paid attention. 

Lions similar for those not up to speed. The Lions traded for a CB and signed a CB, so it looked like the position was OK. Then Cam Sutton strangled a woman, hid from police, and got cut, so they may still be needing one after all.

I forgot how many they signed.   And there won't be a defensive player really worth that spot on paper this year.  

Taking Nabers you cant go too wrong.  I would try like hell to move down with someone who likes a QB.  Unless of course they are in love with one that is there.  

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I forgot how many they signed.   And there won't be a defensive player really worth that spot on paper this year.  

Taking Nabers you cant go too wrong.  I would try like hell to move down with someone who likes a QB.  Unless of course they are in love with one that is there.  

Evan Neal was the seventh pick and he’s heading into his third year. They brought in a new OL coach.  You have to see if he can turn him around. If not cut bait. But it’s too early for that. The guy they signed from the raiders can play tackle too. But drafting a right tackle that high was stupid. Could have traded back or drafted Garret Wilson. But here we are. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Evan Neal was the seventh pick and he’s heading into his third year. They brought in a new OL coach.  You have to see if he can turn him around. If not cut bait. But it’s too early for that. The guy they signed from the raiders can play tackle too. But drafting a right tackle that high was stupid. Could have traded back or drafted Garret Wilson. But here we are. 

Its hard to tell what exactly teams feel about these QBs.  Seems like a great spot fot a team to trade up and grab one.  I have my doubts that JJ is as hot a name as being reported. 

Id grab picks, maybe 1 next season and start the rebuild.  

If they don't like any of the QBs this year, I think it is a nice sport to position yourself for next year.  

I think all 3 of the top WRs will be at least good recievers.   Nabers is dynamic.  So that pick wouldnt be a waste.   But they could draft 2 WRs later to kick start thay room into the future.  GB had a 2nd rd and a 5th rd WR contribute a lot in year 1.  Along with rookie TEs.  2nd round is a nice spot to land a guy this season unless they fly off thr board like crazy.  Which is possible.  AD Mitchell will probably go 1st round.  But I dont see a ton of separation between him and the top 3....on paper anyway.  Ladd McKonkey should be there around the Giants 2nd pick.   Hes not a rrue alpha number 1 on paper.  But I think hes going to have a very nice career.  

Their target should be Nabers or Odunze, imho.   I think everything they have done this offseason points to going all in to save jobs. They will ride Daniel Jones. 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its hard to tell what exactly teams feel about these QBs.  Seems like a great spot fot a team to trade up and grab one.  I have my doubts that JJ is as hot a name as being reported. 

Id grab picks, maybe 1 next season and start the rebuild.  

If they don't like any of the QBs this year, I think it is a nice sport to position yourself for next year.  

I think all 3 of the top WRs will be at least good recievers.   Nabers is dynamic.  So that pick wouldnt be a waste.   But they could draft 2 WRs later to kick start thay room into the future.  GB had a 2nd rd and a 5th rd WR contribute a lot in year 1.  Along with rookie TEs.  2nd round is a nice spot to land a guy this season unless they fly off thr board like crazy.  Which is possible.  AD Mitchell will probably go 1sd round.  But I dont see a ton of separation between him and the top 3....on paper anyway.  Ladd McKonkey should be there around the Giants 2nd pick.   Hes not a rrue alpha number 1 on paper.  But I think hes going to have a very nice career.  

McConkey won’t be there with the giants second round pick. They traded their high 2 for Burns. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

Their target should be Nabers or Odunze, imho.   I think everything they have done this offseason points to going all in to save jobs. They will ride Daniel Jones. 

I have no Idea. This regime aren’t big mouths like Gettleman and Reese were. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

McConkey won’t be there with the giants second round pick. They traded their high 2 for Burns. 

Ahhh, I would usually look over the team we are discussing to know how they are set up.  Im slacking.   

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ahhh, I would usually look over the team we are discussing to know how they are set up.  Im slacking.   

It’s ok. They did a lot. It’s a lot better than listening to Gutterboy spew nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have no Idea. This regime aren’t big mouths like Gettleman and Reese were. 

I just don't think a rebuilding team makes the kind of trade they did for Burns. rebuilding teams don't usually give away picks and big contracts. I may have said this earlier in the thread, I get threads like this mixed up with group texts sometimes. 

If they are going with Jones this year, taking one of those WR's makes the most sense. The Giants have spent too many years drafting little speed guys. I don't think Daniel Jones is the answer at all but I do think Daboll and Schoen feel their seats getting hot. It makes sense to give Jones a legit #1 to throw to. 

To tell you how bad Trevor Lawrence has been, after their first 50 games his and Daniel Jones numbers are pretty much identical. Granted Jones is on his second contract, but Lawrence really needs to step up this year. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I just don't think a rebuilding team makes the kind of trade they did for Burns. rebuilding teams don't usually give away picks and big contracts. I may have said this earlier in the thread, I get threads like this mixed up with group texts sometimes. 

If they are going with Jones this year, taking one of those WR's makes the most sense. The Giants have spent too many years drafting little speed guys. I don't think Daniel Jones is the answer at all but I do think Daboll and Schoen feel their seats getting hot. It makes sense to give Jones a legit #1 to throw to. 

I’d say Daboll is feeling it more than Schoen.  The Giants MO under John Mara is to fire the coach and keep the GM at leat once. Plus a lot of shitt came out about Daboll being an to his staff