Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Supreme Court Must Be Stopped

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/the-supreme-court-must-be-stopped/tnamp/

The court is fundamentally antidemocratic—and the only way to limit the damage it can do is to reduce its power, budget, and lack of accountability. 

:lol: 😭

I nearly stopped reading at christofascist.  I am glad i didn't or I would have missed nepo-baby.

Let’s imprison our political enemies and weaken the Supreme Court. 

Is this America or Iran?

LoL, of course. Let's get rid of the electoral college while we're at it.

Same folks, unamerican clowns.

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Let’s imprison our political enemies and weaken the Supreme Court. 

Is this America or Iran?

Iranica

• Haha 1

The real issue with our government is we lost control of the Executive Branch.  Our system of government was setup with checks and balances between the branches.  We grossly expanded the size and power of the Executive branch, but we did not expand the oversight.  In fact federal agents have immunity in their acts and can operate in secrecy.  These agencies have grown bigger and bigger and have grown more an more corrupt.  

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I nearly stopped reading at christofascist.  I am glad i didn't or I would have missed nepo-baby.

I stopped right after this and the subsequent "they have earned nothing" statement. 

6 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The real issue with our government is we lost control of the Executive Branch.  Our system of government was setup with checks and balances between the branches.  We grossly expanded the size and power of the Executive branch, but we did not expand the oversight.  In fact federal agents have immunity in their acts and can operate in secrecy.  These agencies have grown bigger and bigger and have grown more an more corrupt.  

The legislative branch allowed the executive to expand it's power.  That's the problem when two branches decide to work WITH each other instead of maintaining the balance the founding fathers purposely put in place.

52 minutes ago, Strike said:

I stopped right after this and the subsequent "they have earned nothing" statement. 

It's why everyone here values your fair and balanced opinions, it's because you aren't afraid to read things that challenge your views.  :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Democrats don't know the meaning of the word democracy.

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's why everyone here values your fair and balanced opinions, it's because you aren't afraid to read things that challenge your views.  :thumbsup:

You agree with the statement that a SC justice hasn't earned anything, that they are nepo babies??

The mission to "fundamentally change" America is well underway. 

4 hours ago, edjr said:

https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/the-supreme-court-must-be-stopped/tnamp/

The court is fundamentally antidemocratic—and the only way to limit the damage it can do is to reduce its power, budget, and lack of accountability. 

:lol: 😭

Let’s toss the IRS in there and all of government. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

You agree with the statement that a SC justice hasn't earned anything, that they are nepo babies??

What I agree with or not is immaterial; you proved my point exactly, you won't read anything that challenges your beliefs. Count the conservatives on the board, look at the threads where I post, disagree or not, I read the links that are presented, otherwise I'm not arguing in good faith.  

I'm putting you in the 'echo-chamber' geeks now when I respond to you, since you just told me you won't read things if you find them disagreeable.  It's good to know, now I know how much time and thought I should give to your posts.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Reality said:

LoL, of course. Let's get rid of the electoral college while we're at it.

Same folks, unamerican clowns.

Might as well do away with freedom and the Constitution while we're at it.  That thing reads like a Communist's wet dream.  JFC, the problem is not the supreme court, but that we've let the communist scum get a foothold in the US.

Joseph McCarthy was right about the Red Scare and Communist invasion - just 60 years too early.

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Might as well do away with freedom and the Constitution while we're at it.  That thing reads like a Communist's wet dream.  JFC, the problem is not the supreme court, but that we've let the communist scum get a foothold in the US.

Joseph McCarthy was right about the Red Scare and Communist invasion - just 60 years too early.

No, it was very much in swing 60 years ago.   It is more of a elitist fascism instead of a communism though.  

5 hours ago, 5-Points said:

The mission to "fundamentally change" America is well underway. 

The very definition of incrementalism. Baby steps for the left that has been happening since the sixties. Never thought I would see it in my lifetime. The next two generations are going to have to handle the mess both made both parties and our lack of basic understanding of basic civics in the name of today. They and we have completely failed our children and children because of the political power they lust for at all costs. Fawking beyond sad and pathetic. They, mortgaged our souls to get us here.