Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Now I see why you have no compassion...(divorce settlements)

It's virtually impossible for you to know what someone else feels until it happens to you or you can see things close up. Rarely, have I felt bad for men in divorce that have lost half of their wealth...until now. A guy I know only through business just finished his divorce and has lost in 1 day half of his property and cash as well as the loss of his children as he doesn't get custody, not even half because he is a workaholic. That is how he became successful. He is a millionaire...well, not now. He had many properties and had to divide them with his now ex-wife. He had to literally go to the bank and give her half of his money. He is a broken man. He has worked extremely hard, I witnessed it. It's very, very sad. I usually side with the wife, but well...I still side with the wife because I ASSUME to know what she went through, but I am so heartbroken for the man in this case and it's made me question this whole giving women 50% when it was his efforts, his hard working employees that made the money. He sacrificed. She was able to raise the children at home as a choice. I hate saying these words, but I sympathize finally. 

Well I can’t say for sure across the board, but typically these days if one party ends up with no or very little custody it’s because 1) they didn’t want it or 2) there’s very serious provable issues with abuse or neglect 

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well I can’t say for sure across the board, but typically these days if one party ends up with no or very little custody it’s because 1) they didn’t want it or 2) there’s very serious provable issues with abuse or neglect 

I agree. I think the wife claimed he worked 7 days a week and wasn't around enough. He has partial custody. I hate to stereotype but he's Mexican so, you know, they work hard. (He was not out cheating.) 

And on that note:

Career conman ADMITS to fleecing Eddie Murphy's ex-wife Nicole out of $10million she got in divorce settlement.

Troy Stratos, 50, has admitted to defrauding Nicole Murphy out of $10million 

He promised Nicole that he would make overseas investments using the divorce proceeds from comedian Eddie Murphy

But instead the conman - who was convicted of concocting an $11million fraud involving Facebook stock - used her money to fund an extravagant lifestyle and fancy cars.

...in court this week, five years after his arrest, the jailed swindler admitted that he never invested any money in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, as promised. Instead, he funneled massive sums of his friend's money from a trust to finance his own lavish lifestyle.

Don't sign paper work where the other party has incentive to break the contract.

Peenie,

Obviously I don't know the specifics of this case.  Do you know her side of the story?  Maybe they chose as a couple for her to not pursue a career to raise the kids.  If she got 50% I assume they were married a long time so that is time she has lost re pursuing a career.  Not saying she deserves 50% but she deserves something.   Divorce pretty much always results in both sides being worse off than they were when they were together.  The lesson is to find the right person, don't get married, or have a prenup if there is a significant disparity in wealth going in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peenie said:

I agree. I think the wife claimed he worked 7 days a week and wasn't around enough. He has partial custody. I hate to stereotype but he's Mexican so, you know, they work hard. (He was not out cheating.) 

That wouldn’t do it. Not likely anyway 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Not Mexican, and I own three business, and county work on top of that, I work hard.  Shame on you for that horrible statement. I want a divorce. 

• Haha 1

This is why god made high rises with porches.

3 hours ago, peenie said:

It's virtually impossible for you to know what someone else feels until it happens to you or you can see things close up. Rarely, have I felt bad for men in divorce that have lost half of their wealth...until now. A guy I know only through business just finished his divorce and has lost in 1 day half of his property and cash as well as the loss of his children as he doesn't get custody, not even half because he is a workaholic. That is how he became successful. He is a millionaire...well, not now. He had many properties and had to divide them with his now ex-wife. He had to literally go to the bank and give her half of his money. He is a broken man. He has worked extremely hard, I witnessed it. It's very, very sad. I usually side with the wife, but well...I still side with the wife because I know what she went through, but I am so heartbroken for the man in this case and it's made me question this whole giving women 50% when it was his efforts, his hard working employees that made the money. He sacrificed. She was able to raise the children at home as a choice. I hate saying these words, but I sympathize finally. 

Do you know her side of the story or only his? 

Many women in this situation have to be driven pretty hard to give it all up via divorce, even if they get half of the stuff and the money. 

He sacrificed, but maybe she did too? Despite his story, courts always try and sway in the way that is best for the children in terms of visitation and custody. 

I understand your sympathy towards him and his situation, but I'd be cautious without hearing her side as well. 

And did varies so much just by state.

When I went through mine, I had a buddy reach out and said I don’t care how much it cost you in attorneys fees… don’t fight for the house the car or any of that crap get the time with your kids because you can figure out the rest. You won’t get that time back.

Yeah, who knows she may want to stay home so he could have his career. Kind of crappy then to hold that against him but I kind of get it. Like we chose that because the wife is a doctor, but would I love to go and be a high school basketball coach somewhere? Absolutely. 

sucks for that guy, but if he made money he can make money again. Smart people usually do.

17 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Many women in this situation have to be driven pretty hard to give it all up via divorce, even if they get half of the stuff and the money. 

He sacrificed, but maybe she did too? Despite his story, courts always try and sway in the way that is best for the children in terms of visitation and custody. 

I understand your sympathy towards him and his situation, but I'd be cautious without hearing her side as well. 

:thumbsup:

57 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Honestly, I only know his side. He's kind of....crass. I think he was mean to her. I don't think he was physically abusive, but just his personality seems like he may have been emotionally abusive. 

58 minutes ago, peenie said:

Honestly, I only know his side. He's kind of....crass. I think he was mean to her. I don't think he was physically abusive, but just his personality seems like he may have been emotionally abusive. 

Yeah, you don't have to be physically abusive to get tired of someone's cr@p. And if you've seen him be crass, then he was probably much worse to her behind closed doors. 

In the name of God, I, ___, take you, ___, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish until we are parted by death or you say stuff that is crass.

6 hours ago, peenie said:

It's virtually impossible for you to know what someone else feels until it happens to you or you can see things close up. Rarely, have I felt bad for men in divorce that have lost half of their wealth...until now. A guy I know only through business just finished his divorce and has lost in 1 day half of his property and cash as well as the loss of his children as he doesn't get custody, not even half because he is a workaholic. That is how he became successful. He is a millionaire...well, not now. He had many properties and had to divide them with his now ex-wife. He had to literally go to the bank and give her half of his money. He is a broken man. He has worked extremely hard, I witnessed it. It's very, very sad. I usually side with the wife, but well...I still side with the wife because I ASSUME to know what she went through, but I am so heartbroken for the man in this case and it's made me question this whole giving women 50% when it was his efforts, his hard working employees that made the money. He sacrificed. She was able to raise the children at home as a choice. I hate saying these words, but I sympathize finally. 

You side with the wife because you assume to know what she went through?  What she went through?  Because divorce only happens when a man makes a woman go through something?  So stupid.  The world is full of divorced men who had cheating whores or gold-digging skanks or restless short-sighted hags for wives.  And generally they still lose half.

Women are almost exclusively selfish, dishonest, manipulative filth who are generally more to blame for divorce than men are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Much as I would like to agree with you 😍 I just can’t.  I’ve seen plenty of women flippantly walk away from a committed husband because they were bored or felt like they missed out on something or hoped for greener pastures. 

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Much as I would like to agree with you 😍 I just can’t.  I’ve seen plenty of women flippantly walk away from a committed husband because they were bored or felt like they missed out on something or hoped for greener pastures. 

Well......70-75% of divorce is initiated by the woman.......

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

You side with the wife because you assume to know what she went through?  What she went through?  Because divorce only happens when a man makes a woman go through something?  So stupid.  The world is full of divorced men who had cheating whores or gold-digging skanks or restless short-sighted hags for wives.  And generally they still lose half.

Women are almost exclusively selfish, dishonest, manipulative filth who are generally more to blame for divorce than men are.

So true. I know of someone....gosh, I know of two husbands that had stay at home wives that cheated, that left them and for years weren't good wives, yet the husband was supportive. In fact, my daughter and I talked about how ironic it is that it seems really nice guys who are loving and understanding picked such wicked women. I figure it's that they were only attracted to the women that would treat them poorly. I bet they didn't want the nice girl. 

50 minutes ago, peenie said:

I bet they didn't want the nice girl. 

There aren’t many of those to start with.

Most women love drama and getting dug out by bad boys. Add in the financial windfall they receive in divorce court, and it's no wonder that they step out.

My divorce was fair.  We had two things to show for our marriage, my assets and her debts.  The judge divided them equally giving us each one thing.  I got the debt and she got the assets.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

I don't disagree with you, I've seen this happen as well. 

11 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

There aren’t many of those to start with.

I'd like to think I am the nice girl, at least that's what I've been told over the years. There are a few people that I have gotten back in contact with from high school and they often tell me that I was the "Winnie Cooper" of the school, or of the group. The guys kind of knew I was the "get married and will stick around" type of girl. And I've heard this from more than one person. Despite what people here seem to think or label me as. :)

10 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

There are a few people that I have gotten back in contact with from high school and they often tell me that I was the "Winnie Cooper" of the school, or of the group. The guys kind of knew I was the "get married and will stick around" type of girl. 

Are you still married? 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

So true. I know of someone....gosh, I know of two husbands that had stay at home wives that cheated, that left them and for years weren't good wives, yet the husband was supportive. In fact, my daughter and I talked about how ironic it is that it seems really nice guys who are loving and understanding picked such wicked women. I figure it's that they were only attracted to the women that would treat them poorly. I bet they didn't want the nice girl. 

Do you also realize that you’re blaming the men for what the women did by saying they didn’t want a nice girl anyway?

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

Are you still married? 

Yes, been with my hubs for 23 years this June, been together 25. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Why did they cheat? I mean, what made them "not good wives?" What does "not being a good wife" look like?  
I am being honest here, what constitutes not being a good wife? 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yes, been with my hubs for 23 years this June, been together 25. 

It’ll be 22 years with my wife this September.

26 married, together 31 for my wife and me.

She always packs my lunch in the mornings, and rubs my head at night while we chill out.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

26 married, together 31 for my wife and me.

She always packs my lunch in the mornings, and rubs my head at night while we chill out.

Which head?

6 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Jesus dude, you may have problems :unsure:

16 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Why did they cheat? I mean, what made them "not good wives?" What does "not being a good wife" look like?  

I’m going to mention things that will make me sound old fashioned so I won’t answer.

16 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Which head?

This is a valid & important question 👍

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Jesus dude, you may have problems :unsure:

Simp

16 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Cooking, cleaning, daily on call BJs

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I’m going to mention things that will make me sound old fashioned so I won’t answer.

Then what's the point of the discussion? Does this go back to your post on "traditional wives?" 

There's nothing wrong with old fashioned, but both parties have to be understanding of that and actually WANT it. If you have someone that doesn't want that, or if it's a deal breaker, then you're going to have issues. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Incel

You're actually a simp though, like I said the other day I know your type. Spend all your money and still never get any. 😅