Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Predict the Bears record for 2024

Just now, MDC said:

Why would you care? You’re an Eagles fan remember?

You suck at this. :doh: 

I suck at a lot of things, Fantasy Football is not one of them 😊

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

There is too much talent for them to go worse than 9-8.

There's only so many wins to go around in that division. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

There's only so many wins to go around in that division. 

They should still win at least 9 games.  If they don't, it's a failure of a season.

32 minutes ago, MDC said:

Chicago won 7 games last year so I’m assuming that’s their floor. If everything breaks right I could see 10-7. So I’ll split the difference and say 8/9. I’m assuming duh Bears are much more talented on O but it takes some time for rookie QBs to acclimate. 

Not happening with a rookie QB.  Not in the NFL.  If they win 8 I would be shocked.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They should still win at least 9 games.  If they don't, it's a failure of a season.

No, that would be a great season. With a rookie QB, that's great! 

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

No, that would be a great season. With a rookie QB, that's great! 

According to many, he's the next amazing QB.  If he's as good as they say, then they should be able to win 9 games with the weapons he'll start with.  Has any first overall QB had a better roster to start with?

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Not happening with a rookie QB.  Not in the NFL.  If they win 8 I would be shocked.

I sort of agree which is why I can’t pick them to make a big leap, but the addition of Keenan Allen and Swift along with whoever they draft at 9 is a pretty big influx in talent even aside from the QB. 

They also finished 7-6 after an 0-4 start including 5-3 in their last 8.

26 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Exactly why I have the ceiling at 6.  

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What if they only won 6 games but all six were division games.  Would that be a failure or a success?

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

What if they only won 6 games but all six were division games.  Would that be a failure or a success?

Failure. 

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

in general, I agree with you... but this is a silly statement to make after it just happened this year

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Failure. 

I know a few Bears fans who would be very happy with that result with a rookie Q.B.  They would find the Bears asserting themselves within the division and getting a few monkeys off their backs as a good start to a career.  Also it would portend good things in year two and beyond. Obviously that would only sustain Bears fans for a year.  They would want to see progress in year two, but having some bragging rights over division rivals is something the Bears have not had in some time.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

According to many, he's the next amazing QB.  If he's as good as they say, then they should be able to win 9 games with the weapons he'll start with.  Has any first overall QB had a better roster to start with?

Remember Payton Manning's first season? 

Also, high expectations have doomed more than one highly dfrafted Q.B.  Tempering expectations, patience, those are often keys to success with young guys.  Sure there are exceptions, but Bears fans might be well advised to temper short term expectations and watch for long term sustained growth.

The Texans won 10 games with Stroud. He did miss two games in which they went 1-1. 

34 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Also, high expectations have doomed more than one highly dfrafted Q.B.  Tempering expectations, patience, those are often keys to success with young guys.  Sure there are exceptions, but Bears fans might be well advised to temper short term expectations and watch for long term sustained growth.

I know Bears fans don't need to temper expectations. They don't even all agree. Except for the team as a whole is gwtting better. 

17 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I would feel better but still disappointed. With the amount of hype I've seen for him and the trashing of Fields, I expect greatness.  I expect the same succuss as CJ Stroud.

Just now, jonmx said:

Has 0-20 been taken?  

Excellent. I'll put you down for winless. :thumbsup:

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Excellent. I'll put you down for winless. :thumbsup:

But I win the tiebreaker for predicting a winless pre-season.

16 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

temper expectations

It's ok if they don't make the playoffs this year. Assuming they draft Caleb Williams at 1 they'll be very relevant for a very long time. Just don't break Williams like they broke Fields. 

Don't be mad about it, be happy. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's ok if they don't make the playoffs this year. Assuming they draft Caleb Williams at 1 they'll be very relevant for a very long time. Just don't break Williams like they broke Fields. 

Don't be mad about it, be happy. 

Poles didn't draft Fields. Mahomes and Brady would have failed with the team the Bears had 2 years back. He did what he said he would do. Deconstruct before rebuild. They are no longer that team. 

Fields sucked, but I don't put it all on him. His Ohio State teams were better than the 2022 Bears. 

31 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Poles didn't draft Fields. Mahomes and Brady would have failed with the team the Bears had 2 years back. He did what he said he would do. Deconstruct before rebuild. They are no longer that team. 

Fields sucked, but I don't put it all on him. His Ohio State teams were better than the 2022 Bears. 

Besides screwing up the Fields trade, I think the Bears did a great job. If they can land Caleb Williams and Odunze with 1 & 9, look out! 

Williams will have all the toys he needs. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Besides screwing up the Fields trade, I think the Bears did a great job. If they can land Caleb Williams and Odunze with 1 & 9, look out! 

Williams will have all the toys he needs. 

How did they screw up the trade? He's a QB who won 10 total games in 3 years, threw 40 TDs and 30INTs, has had the lowest QB rating in the league in the 4th quarter, he can't read defenses presnap, nor post snap, he holds onto the ball to long, is terrible at managing the pocket and is quick twitch to run first, he gets hurt every year because he doesn't know how to slide, he can't throw receivers open, and he doesn't see the field so he is always locked in on one receiver. 

He's a great guy who is a great teammate, so Poles did him a rare favor and sent him to Pitt for a 6th instead if them getting a 5th somewhere else.

That is a very rare gesture and as a fan, thats fine with me. It's not like they were going to get a 2 or 3. 

And it's best for the Bears they moved on now. 

Bears need a DE now. Turner or Verse would be nice. But if they trade down I'm fine with that since it's a deep draft. 

47 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

How did they screw up the trade? 

For one they drafted him. Mistake #1.

They also waited way too long to make him available. I agree, he does.suck, but how many sucky QBs are on NFL roster right now. A ton! A first round pick converted to a 6rh round pick? Somebody done messed up. 

There's no doubt that they could of done better than a 6th round pick for him. For Christs sake, Joe Flacco still gets work. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I expect the same succuss as CJ Stroud.

Yikes.  Strouds season was quite thr outlier.  And sort of out of no where as many people knocked Stroud coming in.  No one saw thay coming even his supporters. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

No they wouldnt have. They can read a defense.  Who cares who you have out there catching passes if you cant read the field and move through a progression or 2 without bailing first?

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yikes.  Strouds season was quite thr outlier.  And sort of out of no where as many people knocked Stroud coming in.  No one saw thay coming even his supporters. 

After seeing all the glorification of Williams on Twitter he has a lot to live up to.  I'm holding those people to it.  If they are going to draft Williams and only have 4 draft picks, he better be amazing.

16 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They also waited way too long to make him available. I agree, he does.suck, but how many sucky QBs are on NFL roster right now. A ton! A first round pick converted to a 6rh round pick? Somebody done messed up. 

There's no doubt that they could of done better than a 6th round pick for him. For Christs sake, Joe Flacco still gets work. 

Well, you are wrong. But whatever. Not everyone knows football. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

After seeing all the glorification of Williams on Twitter he has a lot to live up to.  I'm holding those people to it.  If they are going to draft Williams and only have 4 draft picks, he better be amazing.

Analyze Strouds season, it wasn't all that great. He had some blow up games but was just ok for the most part. 

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

No they wouldnt have. 

You are wrong yet again. 

41 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

There's no doubt that they could have done better than a 6th round pick for him. For Christs sake, Joe Flacco still gets work. 

It gets worse:

The Bears executed a draft-day trade with the New York Giants, moving from No. 20 to No. 11 overall to select Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields.

Chicago sent the No. 20 overall pick and a fifth-rounder this year (No. 164 overall) in addition to 2022 first- and fourth-round picks to secure its quarterback of the future.

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I see a lot of people questioning Williams as well.  Its mot some overwhelming consensus that hes generational.   

Even all time greats have had iffy rookie seasons.   

A rookie is a rookie at the end of the day.  

23 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You are wrong yet again. 

So the skill of a QB has no bearing?  If its a bad cast he fails.  If its good then he will be good?

If thats what you believe then they should have just kept Fields and noy wasted a 1st overall.  

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It gets worse:

Wow. What a whiner for someone who has no rooting interest in the NFL.

You need a hobby dude. 

Good thing Poles got DJ Moore, Tyrique Stevenson, Darnell Wright, the first pick this year, and a round two next year for a crappy pick last year. :thumbsup:

All you dopes think Poles drafted Fields. :lol:

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So the skill of a QB has no bearing?  If its a bad cast he fails.  If its good then he will be good?

If thats what you believe then they should have just kept Fields and noy wasted a 1st overall.  

It's mental. More than anything. And even Williams is a shot in the dark. He's a classic should sit for a year QB. He's gotten worse in college. In his first year he showed great instincts. Some of the best ever. He got more egotistical and 1 on 1 challenging over the past couple years not taking the easy open passes that are given. 

He needs a step back.

The execs that drafted Fields admit that they were worried about his processing speed. He played slow because his oline and receivers were so good in college. They didn't know fully if it was his play speed or clock speed. And they lost taking the chance.

Let's see if Williams is put together for the pros, and that goes for all the QBs in every draft.