Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Ohtani Gambling Story

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Manfred gave him a 300+ game suspension and an arbitrator (with the player association backing him), got it knocked down to like 190 or something like that.  He proved that one girl set him up and her accusations of sexual assault were dropped.  There are still other accusations against him, but the girl he took to court was the reason they suspended him.  He's also not signed because everyone hates him... he's a complete azzhole.  LOL  He did pitch in Japan and wasn't as good there as here, plus he's 32 now, so there's no real desire to sign him.  But still, without that one big accusation, there wasn't much to go on, and he proved she lied and set him up.  Had that not happened, he probably gets a 30-game suspension and pitching today.

Good summary. I do remember him being not liked by players due to his odd behavior and attitude prior to getting the boot. That and age is probably coming into play.

Hw was pretty damn good though and talent usually wins out. It is crazy the player’s union hasn’t pushed hard let to let him back in.

7 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Good summary. I do remember him being not liked by players due to his odd behavior and attitude prior to getting the boot. That and age is probably coming into play.

Hw was pretty damn good though and talent usually wins out. It is crazy the player’s union hasn’t pushed hard let to let him back in.

Yeah, being suspended all that time is a big reason why he's slipping.  No team to work with, doing everything on his own for 2 years isn't going to help you.  He even pizzed off his teammates in Japan, that's why he's in Mexico. LOL   Yeah, it's possible he's not pitching today, because he is a tw@t, but the suspension was absurd and most likely why he hasn't been pitching the last few years.

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Agree BOYO, I think Ohtani is full of shizz. None of this adds up. 

Would I be totally shocked if Ohtani is lying. No, the guy has almost zero public presence outside of when we see him playing baseball. He never talks.

I buy his story as he told it though. He point blank said he has never bet on any sport so he’s on record now. It’s strange this dude had access to his money but weird shet happens, the Manti Teo story comes to mind. 

People will keep digging for sure. He's the best player in baseball so it’s not like it will just be dropped now.

Y'all are so gullible. 

He didn't know 4.5 million was missing, he never reported it to authorities???

Wanna buy some swampland?? 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Y'all are so gullible. 

I'm leaning this way as well.  How did his interpreter have access to his accounts?  How did his accountant/manager/whatever NOT see multiple 500K withdrawals?  Why were they 500K? is there a federal trigger or some other trigger for amounts above that?

Absolutely none of this is adding up at all.

29 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Absolutely none of this is adding up at all.

The Dodgers won't even comment on it. The Feds & IRS are all over it. He's in deep shizz 

42 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Y'all are so gullible. 

You believe all the bullshet Donald spoons out. Everyone has blindspots I suppose!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Everyone has blindspots I suppose!

Says a Liberal Biden voter and someone who believes that Men can get pregnant 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Y'all are so gullible. 

For those who believe Ohtani is completely innocent, HTF did this freaking translator get access to his accounts?  Ohtani is repped by CAA, a sophisticated management team who'd never allow unlimited access to his finances to a freaking friend.

The interpreter is just the fall guy. 

Occam's Razor and all that. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Y'all are so gullible. 

I agree with this. I believe the interpreter agreed to get thrown under the bus for the sake of his friend Ohtani's career.

I’d assume this guy won a few bets? Where did the winning bets go? 

39 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

For those who believe Ohtani is completely innocent, HTF did this freaking translator get access to his accounts?  Ohtani is repped by CAA, a sophisticated management team who'd never allow unlimited access to his finances to a freaking friend.

The interpreter is just the fall guy. 

Occam's Razor and all that. 

Occam’s razor to me in this case would be the initial story about paying his friend’s debts.  I’m skeptical that they could make a public statement about that and he would apparently have no idea what was happening.

Just now, TimHauck said:

Occam’s razor to me in this case would be the initial story about paying his friend’s debts.  I’m skeptical that they could make a public statement about that and he would apparently have no idea what was happening.

Reasonable. 

44 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I agree with this. I believe the interpreter agreed to get thrown under the bus for the sake of his friend Ohtani's career.

I mean..I was thinking about that this morning.   I don't know the penalty...but let's say its 3-5 years.   Would I trade that for a lifetime of financial security?   Say Ohtani offers him 20 million to keep quiet.

I might just take that offer.

5 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I mean..I was thinking about that this morning.   I don't know the penalty...but let's say its 3-5 years.   Would I trade that for a lifetime of financial security?   Say Ohtani offers him 20 million to keep quiet.

I might just take that offer.

JFC...ohtani did not gamble.  He did not throw his friend under the bus.   You are all focking crazy if you think Ohtani gambled or even knew about it.  The interpreted has been telling massive lies for years. 

23 minutes ago, jonmx said:

JFC...ohtani did not gamble.  He did not throw his friend under the bus.   You are all focking crazy if you think Ohtani gambled or even knew about it.  The interpreted has been telling massive lies for years. 

How did the interpreter get access to millions of dollars?

56 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I would assume Ohtani gave it to him or he snuck into the accounts.

ESPN article today said that Ohtani is asking Feds to look into the theft .

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Do you not know these two were best friends who hung out a lot?  He was often in Ohtanis house.  How would Ontani set up online access to his bank accounts to American banks whose websites were in English with maybe Hispanic options.....He would ask his good trusted friend, the interpreter to help..   This is not f-ing rocket science.  Someone with that much assess to Ohtani who relied on him for so much help, could easily have gotten access. 

9 hours ago, jonmx said:

Do you not know these two were best friends who hung out a lot? 

Do your friends have access to your bank accounts? 

C'mon 😁

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Do your friends have access to your bank accounts? 

C'mon 😁

I can speak and read the language and do not need an interpreter.   I seriously have zero clue why you think this is so difficult.  Ohtani has to completely rely on this guy to do many simple tasks.

Ohtani was either in on it or he's incredibly stupid. You don't move that kind of money without getting all kind of alerts, email, texts, etc.

It's not really possibly without multiple verification steps. The interpreter would have to have access to his phone and email at the very least. That wouldn't make a ton of sense.

12 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I can speak and read the language and do not need an interpreter.   I seriously have zero clue why you think this is so difficult.  Ohtani has to completely rely on this guy to do many simple tasks.

Does he talk to anyone else besides this dude?  Wasn’t it like 2 days between when the story first came out and he supposedly was “shocked” to find out what happened?

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Does he talk to anyone else besides this dude?  Wasn’t it like 2 days between when the story first came out and he supposedly was “shocked” to find out what happened?

Yeah, but it was not two days..the dude is a con man.  He lied his way into his position.  And he lied to Ohtani that day about what was going on.  A second Japanese interpreter was present and heard him telling Ohtani a different story than what he was telling the media.  After the first press conference, the other interpreter pulled aside Ohtani and told him the truth of what his friend was actually saying in English and people in the room could see Ohtani become extremely confused and shocked.  That is when Ohtani contacted his lawyer and put out the 'second' story.  The first story which the media attributed to Ohtani, Ohtani had no part in and was lied to.  The interpreter is a total scumbag con man.  He is not some heroic fall guy that the Ohtani-haters make him out to be.   

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Accountants? I have a fraction of his money and have accountants. My accountants call me constantly regarding transactions. 

Do we seriously believe this BS, c'mon. 

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Yeah...the dude is a con man.  He lied his way into his position.  And he lied to Ohtani that day about what was going on.  A second Japanese interpreter was present and heard him telling Ohtani a different story than what he was telling the media.  After the first press conference, the other interpreter pulled aside Ohtani and told him the truth of what his friend was actually saying in English and people in the room could see Ohtani become extremely confused and shocked.  That is when Ohtani contacted his lawyer and put out the 'second' story.  The first story which the media attributed to Ohtani, Ohtani had no part in and was lied to.  The interpreter is a total scumbag con man.  He is not some heroic fall guy that the Ohtani-haters make him out to be. 

But wasn’t there like 2 days between when some of the details were first coming out and the press conference?   I’m shocked if no one else talked to Ohtani between then

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Accountants? I have a fraction of his money and have accountants. 

Do we seriously believe this BS, c'mon. 

JFC....you don't have access to accountants 24/7.  This guy practically lived with Ohtani.  They were inseparable.  It would not be that hard to see where Ohtani had his passwords, for instance. 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But wasn’t there like 2 days between when some of the details were first coming out and the press conference?   I’m shocked if no one else talked to Ohtani between then

No, it was the same day.  Almost immediate after the first press conference.  That is why the 'second' story came out so quickly. 

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

JFC....you don't have access to accountants 24/7.  This guy practically lived with Ohtani.  They were inseparable.  It would not be that hard to see where Ohtani had his passwords.  

My accountant would be all over that in 2 seconds. 

You can't possibly believe Ohtani didn't know. It's seriously impossible.

Just now, jonmx said:

JFC....you don't have access to accountants 24/7.  This guy practically lived with Ohtani.  They were inseparable.  It would not be that hard to see where Ohtani had his passwords.  

Again....Fine..This guy had access to his accounts.  And withdrew 500,000 9 times and no one else said anything to him?  No one? if that is the case, and it sounds doubtful.   Then not only should he fire his interpreter, but his accountants, money managers and anyone else who should have seen this after the first one.  Not to mention, he should probably get some outside new help because its possible all those entities were stealing from him as well.

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

My accountant would be all over that in 2 seconds. 

You can't possibly believe Ohtani didn't know. It's seriously impossible.

Of fuk off.  You are being a squisy level dumfuk.  It is really not that hard for a very close trusted friend, who is really a lying con man to trick someone who can't speak the language. 

Just now, jonmx said:

Of fuk off.  You are being a squisy level dumfuk.  It is really not that hard for a very close trusted friend, who is really a lying con man to trick someone who can't speak the language. 

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT OHTANI DIDN'T KNOW!?? 

ARE YOU REALLY THAT NAIVE? 

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

No, it was the same day.  Almost immediate after the first press conference.  That is why the 'second' story came out so quickly. 

March 18 2:30 PM: spokesman says Ohtani paid debts for Mizuhara

March 20 8:32 AM: spokesman says Ippei is lying

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Again....Fine..This guy had access to his accounts.  And withdrew 500,000 9 times and no one else said anything to him?  No one? if that is the case, and it sounds doubtful.   Then not only should he fire his interpreter, but his accountants, money managers and anyone else who should have seen this after the first one.  Not to mention, he should probably get some outside new help because its possible all those entities were stealing from him as well.

Maybe they did try to say something, but the interpreter lied about it also.  The mechanics of how it was done, is not known yet.  But it will come out. 

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

Maybe they did try to say something, but the interpreter lied about it also.  The mechanics of how it was done, is not known yet.  But it will come out. 

Maybe.  And for the record.  I am not a hater.  I think hes an amazing baseball player and hope this all works out for the guy.  There just seem to be a lo of curious questions

What about the bets he won? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sounds like he didn't win much 😭

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

March 18 2:30 PM: spokesman says Ohtani paid debts for Mizuhara

March 20 8:32 AM: spokesman says Ippei is lying

Slate explains the circus surrounding the time-line better than I can..

https://slate.com/culture/2024/03/shohei-ohtani-gambling-interpreter-investigation-scandal-dodgers.html

From the sounds of it, Ohtani did not know the funds came out of his account until later after his lawyer looked into it. Ohtani just knew he was being lied too. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The bookie would not pay the winning bets, just take it off his tab.  The bookie did not care how big of a debt this guy ran up.  It is no skin off his back if this loser kept digging a bigger and bigger hole.  It is not like he is providing him with any real product, just a book entry. 

23 hours ago, thegeneral said:

You believe all the bullshet Donald spoons out. Everyone has blindspots I suppose!

:first:    I love this guy!

• Haha 1