Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Ohtani Gambling Story

Jesus does jon have a hard-on for Ohtani...

5 hours ago, Reality said:

Ohtani was either in on it or he's incredibly stupid. You don't move that kind of money without getting all kind of alerts, email, texts, etc.

It's not really possibly without multiple verification steps. The interpreter would have to have access to his phone and email at the very least. That wouldn't make a ton of sense.

When I get a 2.99 charge from apple on my credit card and it isnt mine, I start to interrogate family.  Now imagine 4.5 million missing :o 

37 minutes ago, posty said:

Jesus does jon have a hard-on for Ohtani...

I passionately despise lynch mobs almost as much as I despise authoritarian bootlickers.  I one-hundred percent gaurentee you the lynch mob is full of crap basing their opinion on flimsy circumstantial logic simply because they don't understand how it could be done.  A desperate con man with the amount of access his interpreter had could figure out a way especially when Ohtani doesn't understand the language.  The guy under threat of being killed had to come up with a way and he did.

On 3/26/2024 at 3:01 PM, thegeneral said:

Trump’s got a bit of track record with the truth wouldn’t you say 😂

I don’t really care what happens to Ohtani but think he can’t be stupid enough to gamble away his career. The little that he has allowed people to know about him he seems like a dork. 

I never think that about any athlete.  That said, I'm willing to believe Ohtani until something tangible arises, not just accusations and circumstantial evidence.

20 hours ago, jonmx said:

JFC...ohtani did not gamble.  He did not throw his friend under the bus.   You are all focking crazy if you think Ohtani gambled or even knew about it.  The interpreted has been telling massive lies for years. 

I don't think Ohtani is guilty of anything other than helping out a friend who got into financial trouble... later to find out the dude was stealing from him.  That said, I would not go to the extent of blindly saying he's 100% innocent like you are.  I mean, he could've been the one and used his interpreter as the fall guy.  I just don't think that's what happened... but I'm not closing the door on the possibility like you are.

Was Ohtani helping him or was he being stolen from? 

21 hours ago, jonmx said:

JFC...ohtani did not gamble.  He did not throw his friend under the bus.   You are all focking crazy if you think Ohtani gambled or even knew about it.  The interpreted has been telling massive lies for years. 

Show me on the doll where you want Ohtani to touch you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SUXBNME said:

Show me on the doll where you want Ohtani to touch you

😆

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Was Ohtani helping him or was he being stolen from? 

Ohtani said the money was stolen from him.

40 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

The Dodgers silence is deafening. 

Why would they talk about this outside of what they have already said. It’s turned over to the authorities. 

Play ball!

17 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

😂 😂 😂

In Nagoya dialect of Japanese “Ohtani” translates to “truth teller”.

32 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

In Nagoya dialect of Japanese “Ohtani” translates to “truth teller”.

In American it translates to "Bullshizz Artist".

31 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

In American it translates to "Bullshizz Artist".

You are going to look like such a judgemental dumbass when the FBI and MLB exonerate him. 

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

You are going to look like such a judgemental dumbass when the FBI and MLB exonerate him. 

I have no beef, I do hope he's innocent. I just think it's overwhelmingly apparent that he's involved. 

I don't take anything personal, you shouldn't either. It's a forum, a place for discussion. 

7 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I have no beef, I do hope he's innocent. I just think it's overwhelmingly apparent that he's involved. 

I don't take anything personal, you shouldn't either. It's a forum, a place for discussion. 

There is not one shred of evidence against his story.  It may be difficult to understand how the interpreter pulled it off, but every witness backs up Ohtani and all evidence prove beyond any doubt that the interpreter was a lying con man.  Your lack of understanding how it could have been pulled off, does not make it obviously apparent.   I would bet anything on Ohtani being swindled.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I would bet anything on Ohtani being swindled.  

Ok, good for you. Am I supposed to give you an award if you're correct? 

You think he's innocent, I think he knew. Can we not disagree? 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jonmx said:

There is not one shred of evidence against his story.  It may be difficult to understand how the interpreter pulled it off, but every witness backs up Ohtani and all evidence prove beyond any doubt that the interpreter was a lying con man.  Your lack of understanding how it could have been pulled off, does not make it obviously apparent.   I would bet anything on Ohtani being swindled.  

Besides Ohtani’s statements and Mizuhara’s changed ones, what evidence is there that it was not the original story of Ohtani paying Mizuhara’s debts?

21 hours ago, jonmx said:

Slate explains the circus surrounding the time-line better than I can..

https://slate.com/culture/2024/03/shohei-ohtani-gambling-interpreter-investigation-scandal-dodgers.html

From the sounds of it, Ohtani did not know the funds came out of his account until later after his lawyer looked into it. Ohtani just knew he was being lied too. 

That doesn’t answer my question though.  We’re supposed to believe his spokesman made a public statement about it, and Ohtani didn’t know what was going on for like 36 hours until a team meeting?

btw here’s a better timeline of Ohtani’s story without the fluff of that slate piece

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/newsletter/2024-03-27/shohei-ohtani-interpreter-dodgers-dugout

41 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Besides Ohtani’s statements and Mizuhara’s changed ones, what evidence is there that it was not the original story of Ohtani paying Mizuhara’s debts?

Besides the only two people who were involved and know what happened saying that Ohtani did not do it, what evidence is there???   That is all the evidence we may ever have unless the FBI has forensic evidence putting the interpreter at a different location when the transfers happened.  

By far the most logical explanation is a lying con man who got over his head in debt stole money from his rich trusted boss/friend.  The fact that a man who got caught changes his story is the normal progression of things, not an indication that Ohtani did anything wrong.  

In what world do you live in where someone pays off a 4 million dollar gambling debt of friend/worker.  In the history of the world, how often has that happened?  I would guess never.  

On the flip side, how often has a man who is drowning in debt to a gangster tried to do something desparate to get out of debt, including stealing from a friend.  Many many many times.  

The lynch mob have absolutely nothing but severely flawed logic to convict Shohei on.  

Former MLB catcher A.J. Pierzynski says the story stinks of suspiciousness.

"First of all, I want to give the benefit of the doubt to Shohei, because he's an incredible talent. But . . . I just don't know how you can have multiple large deposits taken out of your account," Pierzynsky told Outkick's Dan Dakich. "I know Shohei probably wasn't watching it every day, but he's got people that watch that stuff. You don't think there was an accountant that would've noticed, ‘Hey, by the way, you’ve had nine $500,000 deposits go out? Nine of them?' One, maybe you're like, ‘OK, we missed something.’ But nine of them for $4.5 million? That's where it gets a little weird to me. . . . "

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Former MLB catcher A.J. Pierzynski says the story stinks of suspiciousness.

"First of all, I want to give the benefit of the doubt to Shohei, because he's an incredible talent. But . . . I just don't know how you can have multiple large deposits taken out of your account," Pierzynsky told Outkick's Dan Dakich. "I know Shohei probably wasn't watching it every day, but he's got people that watch that stuff. You don't think there was an accountant that would've noticed, ‘Hey, by the way, you’ve had nine $500,000 deposits go out? Nine of them?' One, maybe you're like, ‘OK, we missed something.’ But nine of them for $4.5 million? That's where it gets a little weird to me. . . . "

And because some pinhead former athlete is ignorant in how it happened that proves what?   

Asian athletes who rely on interpreters have a much different perspective.   Many provide their interpreters their checkbooks to help them pay their bills.   

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Many provide their interpreters their checkbooks to help them pay their bills.   

If you say so. I think you're a fool if you don't look at all sides. It's insane to just say "nothing to see here". THERE'S A LOT OF SHENANIGANS. 

Again, I get notifications from my bank and my accountants everytime there's an odd transaction. And I'm not talking $500,000 each!!. NINE OF THEM 😁

THERE'S ZERO CHANCE THAT HE DIDN'T KNOW, ZERO. 

8 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

If you say so. I think you're a fool if you don't look at all sides. It's insane to just say "nothing to see here". THERE'S A LOT OF SHENANIGANS. 

Again, I get notifications from my bank and my accountants everytime there's an odd transaction. And I'm not talking $500,000 each!!. NINE OF THEM 😁

THERE'S ZERO CHANCE THAT HE DIDN'T KNOW, ZERO. 

And what language are these notifications in?  Who is going to tell Ohtani what they mean?  

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

And what language are these notifications in?  Who is going to tell Ohtani what they mean?  

Are you serious? 

You think he went into Wells Fargo bank, opened an account with 100 million dollars and got a free checkbook??? Maybe 50 years ago 😂

Think about it. NINE transactions of $500,000. 

It's very possible that he did get ripped off, but he had to know!!! Saying he had no idea is where he loses me. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Are you serious? 

You think he went into Wells Fargo bank, opened an account with 100 million dollars and got a free checkbook??? Maybe 50 years ago 😂

Think about it. NINE transactions of $500,000. 

It's very possible that he did get ripped off, but he had to know!!! Saying he had no idea is where he loses me. 

To be fair, I’m not sure if it’s clear there were 9 transactions of $500k.  I believe it was just stated there were at least 2, and that Mizuhara says he was $4.5 million in debt

42 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Besides the only two people who were involved and know what happened saying that Ohtani did not do it, what evidence is there???   That is all the evidence we may ever have unless the FBI has forensic evidence putting the interpreter at a different location when the transfers happened.  

By far the most logical explanation is a lying con man who got over his head in debt stole money from his rich trusted boss/friend.  The fact that a man who got caught changes his story is the normal progression of things, not an indication that Ohtani did anything wrong.  

In what world do you live in where someone pays off a 4 million dollar gambling debt of friend/worker.  In the history of the world, how often has that happened?  I would guess never.  

On the flip side, how often has a man who is drowning in debt to a gangster tried to do something desparate to get out of debt, including stealing from a friend.  Many many many times.  

The lynch mob have absolutely nothing but severely flawed logic to convict Shohei on.  

Yeah so there’s not really evidence either way.  We know his bank account paid the money, and we should be able to find out if he’s the one who made the bets.  Which I agree is unlikely to be him.  But IMO there’s similar plausibility to both it being theft and the original story that he paid Mizuhara’s debt

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

To be fair, I’m not sure if it’s clear there were 9 transactions of $500k.  I believe it was just stated there were at least 2, and that Mizuhara says he was $4.5 million in debt

Nonetheless, my point is that it's impossible that Ohtani didn't know. I'm not saying that he wasn't taken advantage of, I'm saying he knew. There's no question. 

35 minutes ago, jonmx said:

And because some pinhead former athlete is ignorant in how it happened that proves what?   

Asian athletes who rely on interpreters have a much different perspective.   Many provide their interpreters their checkbooks to help them pay their bills.   

LOL

You just love pulling fake crap out of your ass.

"many asian athletes provide their interpreters their checkbooks to pay their bills"

WTF would they do that?  Do you think athletes the level of Ohtani are striking checks for their own bills when they have management companies to watch their finances?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

LOL

You just love pulling fake crap out of your ass.

Damn right BOYO! 

• Haha 1

He looks guilty to me. Everyone knows those Asians are nuts for the gambling. Mao!!

15 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Damn right BOYO! 

Another reason I have much love for you boyo!

20 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Another reason I have much love for you boyo!

You're a money guy. Please explain how Ohtani didn't know. I think it's IMPOSSIBLE that Ohtani didn't know anything. 

You're thoughts please. 

17 hours ago, jonmx said:

Why would a man making 200k per year run up gambling debt of $4,500,000?  The most likely scenario is Ohtani was betting through his interpreter friend to avoid getting in trouble with mlb.

3 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Why would a man making 200k per year run up gambling debt of $4,500,000?  The most likely scenario is Ohtani was betting through his interpreter friend to avoid getting in trouble with mlb.

Don't be stupid.  In what universe does a bookie care if some loser runs up a bigger and bigger debt?  We don't know how large the debt was since he was making payments along the way.  It does not cost the bookie a thing.  The guy was able to send a few $500k payments along the way.  

45 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Don't be stupid.  In what universe does a bookie care if some loser runs up a bigger and bigger debt?

Every universe that I've been in. 

20 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You're a money guy. Please explain how Ohtani didn't know. I think it's IMPOSSIBLE that Ohtani didn't know anything. 

You're thoughts please. 

Of course he knew.  Because he was the one gambling. 

Even if he didn't GAF about money his management team would be on that chit fast AF.

GUILTY!

16 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Every universe that I've been in. 

Hey guise, the bookies will just let you run up a bigger and bigger tab until you actually win and can pay it.

Bookies are swell guys.