Fireballer

Key Bridge in Baltimore struck by ship-collapses

9 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

I don't like Biden.  He's my protest vote against Trump.  And using critical thinking, an objective person can honestly state that he's done a pretty good job as well, even though he's a corpse.

So we've got two deeply flawed candidates, but one of them is:

but it was enough for the grand jury (I know ham sandwich blah blah), and we'll see what happens at trial.

Does that not bother you?  Republican candidate on trial for people interpreting his words to... you don't like storm... walk quickly and sternly into the Capitol?

Usual suspects ruin up another thread.  It would be nice when they do so if they had a new take on their tired positions, but they don't, just the same old sputum reheated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

So we've got two deeply flawed candidates, but one of them is:

Does that not bother you?  Republican candidate on trial for people interpreting his words to... you don't like storm... walk quickly and sternly into the Capitol?

I think it was more than just saying words.  He clearly thinks he won and he wanted his minions to do something about it.  He wanted to subvert democracy.  I think that's wrong.  I don't think this type of person should be president.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Trump isn't my leader; I voted for Nikki Haley in the AZ primary as a protest vote.  To you, "critical thinking" is voting for a brain dead guy who is a puppet for some unelected group behind the scenes, which seems to be increasingly supporting far Left agendas.  To me, "critical thinking" is voting for a guy who objectively did a pretty good job until Covid (which would have crippled any POTUS).  We will agree to disagree, but I would argue that you are so neck deep in your TDS that you haven't truly embraced what your are voting for in Biden.

By what metric do you believe Trump was superior to Biden?

And you say covid would have crippled any POTUS.  Obama handled a pandemic just fine.  And Joe had the country completely opened up in 6 months.  The US had a top 10 worst death per capita rate among first world countries, no matter how you frame it, Trump's response to covid was to lie, it was unorganized, states had to fight each other for PPE, supply chains were crippled, he spent almost $3T on covid bills, and the country was racked by violence, high unemployment, and high crime.

History will show just how bad his leadership during this critical year was. 

3 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You won't ever get an honest conversation with cultist.  They see the world through a skewed orange tint that normal people just can't comprehend.

Because we're not cuck cultist. 

RLLD is one of the best posters here whether you want to view him as a conservative or just posters as a whole. He can have a normal conversation with you and find common ground even if it feels like it takes a while. Compare him to some of the others floating around here

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

I think it was more than just saying words.  He clearly thinks he won and he wanted his minions to do something about it.  He wanted to subvert democracy.  I think that's wrong.  I don't think this type of person should be president.

You said "think" four times in this post.  That's fine, and you are welcome to not vote for him.

Do you "think" that based on your opinion, he should be excluded from running for POTUS?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

RLLD is one of the best posters here whether you want to view him as a conservative or just posters as a whole. He can have a normal conversation with you and find common ground even if it feels like it takes a while. Compare him to some of the others floating around here

He literally posted that Trump handed Biden a good economy and then refused to back it up with any facts.

He may not go around calling people names often, although he does, but he's certainly not reasonable by any means. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

You said "think" four times in this post.  That's fine, and you are welcome to not vote for him.

Do you "think" that based on your opinion, he should be excluded from running for POTUS?

No.

The real answer is there were warning signs in the economy in 2019 (those are on Trump). He might have been able to spin things back in the right direction but COVID hit (can't blame him for COVID). He reacted poorly to it as a whole and helped make it last longer than it should have which led to them having to do a second stimulus package to try and boost things domestically (Trump wanted to do a major package, he got voted down, then Biden did it- I'm assuming it was okay when Trump wanted to do it and bad when Biden did it for reasons). There are things Biden has done that made the spin out of this go slower than it needed to as well. 

Regardless of who the president was going to be in 2020-2024 there was going to be economic troubles. It may have been less bad under Trump, it could've been way worse.

The economy as a whole right now is fairly healthy even if it isn't being felt at a base level entirely yet. 

However, people want to try and make this into a weird beauty contest with a septuagenarian and an octogenarian. It's silly- especially when you recognize two people from two different parties got us here.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

He literally posted that Trump handed Biden a good economy and then refused to back it up with any facts.

He may not go around calling people names often, although he does, but he's certainly not reasonable by any means. 

No one is 100% here and I've read plenty of stupid arguments from people on the left here. I will take someone who I might not politically jive with that is good 80% of the time over some of the other trash that posts here with just twitter links, and insipid commentary in between bites of their Hot Pocket.

8 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

By what metric do you believe Trump was superior to Biden?

And you say covid would have crippled any POTUS.  Obama handled a pandemic just fine.  And Joe had the country completely opened up in 6 months.  The US had a top 10 worst death per capita rate among first world countries, no matter how you frame it, Trump's response to covid was to lie, it was unorganized, states had to fight each other for PPE, supply chains were crippled, he spent almost $3T on covid bills, and the country was racked by violence, high unemployment, and high crime.

History will show just how bad his leadership during this critical year was. 

Obama didn't handle a pandemic, it went away, as do most pandemics.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Obama handled a pandemic just fine. 

You lost all credibility comparing “pandemic” to “pandemic”.  If anything, the swine flu should have closed schools, not Covid.  Major fail. Obamas people fumbled continuously and got a lucky bounce.  

8 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

What did Trump do to benefit that lower classes?

Who gives a fock. I don't vote for the lower class. I vote for what's best for me. Libs ('er Centrists) are so stupid with their false sympathy for the poor. 

This thread is about a tragic bridge collapse, not Trump.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Who gives a fock. I don't vote for the lower class. I vote for what's best for me. Libs are so stupid with their false sympathy for the poor.

It was RLLD that was going after Biden for destroying the lower classes dummy.

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Well I skipped reading a couple of pages, more than I wanted to read. Oh well, be nice if there wasn't Biden or lower class or Trump discussion in this thread.

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

I don't know RLLD's point, but I'll say that the "Inflation Reduction Act" was more accurately the "Inflation Increase Act."  Spending like a drunken sailor increases, not decreases, inflation.  I'm confident, but not sure, that a financial guy like you understands this.  

Increasing inflation disproportionately hurts the lower class.  As, remarkably, we are seeing now.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know RLLD's point, but I'll say that the "Inflation Reduction Act" was more accurately the "Inflation Increase Act."  Spending like a drunken sailor increases, not decreases, inflation.  I'm confident, but not sure, that a financial guy like you understands this.  

Increasing inflation disproportionately hurts the lower class.  As, remarkably, we are seeing now.

Agree, Biden made it worse, but @RLLD saying “Biden inherited a good economy” is one of the more dumb things ever said on here, and it’s laughable that he won’t admit that.

Can we get back to the bridge collapse though?  Is it safe to confirm that former Tucker guest “Catturd” is just a “moron on the internet?”

58 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Agree, Biden made it worse, but @RLLD saying “Biden inherited a good economy” is one of the more dumb things ever said on here, and it’s laughable that he won’t admit that.

Can we get back to the bridge collapse though?  Is it safe to confirm that former Tucker guest “Catturd” is just a “moron on the internet?”

And this Catturd moron is one of the major cultist influencers.  Of course he's an uneducated know-nothing like most cultist so that explains his appeal to cuck cultist.

The ship had zero power to steer anywhere but CT morons gonna CT moron. 

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

Agree. It didn't steam ahead. That smoke you see is the engine turbines shutting down, possibly even blowing. 

Seems like a catastrophic loss of power and most of all horrific timing. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Agree. It didn't steam ahead. That smoke you see is the engine turbines shutting down, possibly even blowing. 

Seems like a catastrophic loss of power and most of all horrific timing. 

Boyo can you pass the word among your CT loving brethren?

Perhaps tweet back at the esteemed Catturd and tell him he's FOS.

Thanks boyo!

13 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

And this Catturd moron is one of the major cultist influencers.  Of course he's an uneducated know-nothing like most cultist so that explains his appeal to cuck cultist.

Yeah his follow up posts are even worse.

”I worked on an oil rig, so I know!!”

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah his follow up posts are even worse.

”I worked on an oil rig, so I know!!”

This guy is a huge MAGA influencer.  He's literally an uneducated, dumb as a box of rocks, CT believer who somehow appeals to the MAGA base...oh wait, I can see why he appeals to the MAGA base...

SAD

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

His point is to denigrate Biden and prop up Trump, and in this instance he's using inflation as his talking points.

Yes we can agree that the inflation reduction act didn't have anything to do with reducing inflation.  And if we agree that excess monetary supply increases inflation, then we should also be able to agree that the $3T given away by Trump also contributed to inflation.  And if we know anything about monetary policy we can also point to things like years of quantitative easing and negative interest rates as contributing factors.  We can also talk about global inflation and supply chain factors, but RLLD chooses not to.  Why is that?  Is he ignorant or disengenious, or maybe both?  I'm sure a science based honest guy like yourself can see this.

And if we are really serious, we might want to talk about the trump tax cuts which placed more tax burden on the middle and lower classes, or his tariffs which caused inflation and hurt manufacturing jobs, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

11 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

This guy is a huge MAGA influencer.  He's literally an uneducated, dumb as a box of rocks, CT believer who somehow appeals to the MAGA base...oh wait, I can see why he appeals to the MAGA base...

SAD

Just the latest example of why spreading misinformation to gullible masses is a bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Dumb and yet proven to be true....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Biden inherited a good economy has been proven to be true?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You must be a trolling teen.  No other explanations for the stupidity that you type. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

When has speaking the truth ever been the main objective or intent of a liberal democrat?

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Boyo can you pass the word among your CT loving brethren

BOYO, you should know me by now. NOBODY'S opinion matters to me. I'm all business Cuzzo. I call it like I see it. 

Fuk everyone else! 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

BOYO, you should know me by now. NOBODY'S opinion matters to me. I'm all business Cuzzo. I call it like I see it. 

Fuk everyone else! 

And that's what I love about you boyo.

Mad respect!

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

Mad respect!

Right back at ya! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

RLLD is a pompus jackass.  Even if he is one of the smarter kids on this short bus.....he's still on the short but.  He just doesn't think he is.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zsasz said:

RLLD is a pompus jackass.  Even if he is one of the smarter kids on this short bus.....he's still on the short but.  He just doesn't think he is.  

When you try to call people out as not not being smart, you may want to spell correctly.

And no, 't' isn't next to the 's' on the keyboard. 

Focking idiot...:doh:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Mad respect!

22 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

11 embassies evacuated under Biden. A new record. 

Afghanistan, Haiti.... what am I missing? Maybe Ethiopia and Sudan due to violence. 

Still seven (nine) short.

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, that's dumb.  Why do it during a low traffic time... and call in a mayday to shut down the bridge...

That being said, I imagine some terrorists around the world saw this and thought for the future, hmm... 🤔

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Afghanistan, Haiti.... what am I missing? Maybe Ethiopia and Sudan due to violence. 

Still seven (nine) short.

He won't prove it. he just says stupid stuff and slinks away

• Like 1