Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

What kind of pots/pans/skillets do you use for cooking?

I learned to cook in a firehouse, so  Ive outfitted my kitchen with all cast iron or stainless.  My kids are starting to cook more at home, so my cast iron doesn’t always get maintained like I would do it.  Any of the modern stuff, like Gotham Steel,  live up to the hype?  

All-Clad Stainless Steel. 

You'll never have to buy another set. Pricey but they're lifetime pots. 

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

I learned to cook in a firehouse, so  Ive outfitted my kitchen with all cast iron or stainless.  My kids are starting to cook more at home, so my cast iron doesn’t always get maintained like I would do it.  Any of the modern stuff, like Gotham Steel,  live up to the hype?  

We use Made-In pans. Love them.  Both stainless and non-stick. I prefer non-stick for egg dishes and such.

Made-In

Great question, though I'm pretty much just waiting for Bier's $.02.

I've been eyeing this company's pans. https://smithey.com

I'll make sure and ask yer mom next time she's making me a sammich after I make her look like a glazed donut. :thumbsup:

AllClad

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

This is what my wife uses, the 3-ply (I think they've maybe stopped making the 5-ply, not sure).  She loves them.

She does have a cast iron skillet for searing.  She doesn't use soap to clean it; she rubs some salt and oil in it I think.  I don't pay that much attention, I just know I'm not allowed to clean it.  😜

We also have a non-stick pan for things like fried eggs.  She read somewhere that they are pretty much all the same and they need to be replaced after the non-stick starts to wear off, so we've got some cheap one from Bed Bath and Beyond.  

Also, one medium sized Le Creuset... whatever they are, dutch oven?  She uses it for bread sometimes, not sure what else.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

She doesn't use soap to clean it; she rubs some salt and oil in it I think. 

This is the way👍

Calphalon, Le Creuset and cast iron.

I don't shop for groceries and I sure as hell don't cook. That's why I got married.

I grill like a man is supposed to do.

I usually just hold my steak over the fire with my bare hands until it's done.

Never overcooked a steak that way and clean up is a breeze. 🔥

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This is what my wife uses, the 3-ply (I think they've maybe stopped making the 5-ply, not sure).  She loves them.

She does have a cast iron skillet for searing.  She doesn't use soap to clean it; she rubs some salt and oil in it I think.  I don't pay that much attention, I just know I'm not allowed to clean it.  😜

She's a smart Woman. You definitely out kicked your coverage 😁

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

She's a smart Woman. You definitely out kicked your coverage 😁

Oh, no doubt.  Whenever I start to kick myself about a stoopid decision I made (which is often), I think that in the giant karma of life, picking her as my wife outshines anything negative I'll ever do.  :wub: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

Oh, no doubt.  Whenever I start to kick myself about a stoopid decision I made (which is often), I think that in the giant karma of life, picking her as my wife outshines anything negative I'll ever do.  :wub: 

Amen Brother 

I want a Scanpan that chefs use but some of them are around $180 on Amazon and can't see paying that much for a pan.

7 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Same here. 

Hodgepodge here.   We have a couple non stickers, couple stainless, and a cast iron....which is my favorite 

Several years back, when my Grandma passed, the family all gathered to clean out the house and 60 + years of accrued possessions. While the rest of them were divvying up jewelry and electronics, I was in the kitchen grabbing all of the cast iron. 

Today, if it's not on the grill or the Blackstone, it's in/on some form of cast iron.