Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Michael Cohen's cross-examination continues)

47 minutes ago, MDC said:

Mr 100k posts talking about empty voids. 😂 

Ouch

This latest testimony has me wondering: this woman received checks from her boss, Weisselberg, she then sent them by FedEx to Trump’s bodyguard, who gave them to a White House staffer who gave them to Trump, sent back to the staffer, to the bodyguard, then by regular mail to this woman who then waits for final approval from her boss and then mails them out? 

This seems like a really convoluted process. Granted I’ve worked for a small company my entire life but man does this sound odd. (Of course in my company we cut maybe 1/10th of the checks we cut 5 or 10 years ago- everything is paid online these days.) 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Squidly tring to fill the empty void of his life glued to the tv for this sham trial. Go for a walk. 

You post in here 24x7 while ignoring your kids.

Moron hypocrite.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788642259447038044

The prosecution now calls MADELEINE WESTERHOUT.

Westerhout was the Greeter at Trump Tower before Trump went to the WH. When he was in the WH, she was his Executive Assistant.

She testifies that her official title at the WH was "Director of Oval Office operations at the White House."

She is appearing via a subpoena.

MANGOLD: Are you paying for your attorneys today?

WESTERHOUT: No, I am not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788642259447038044

The prosecution now calls MADELEINE WESTERHOUT.

Westerhout was the Greeter at Trump Tower before Trump went to the WH. When he was in the WH, she was his Executive Assistant.

She testifies that her official title at the WH was "Director of Oval Office operations at the White House."

She is appearing via a subpoena.

MANGOLD: Are you paying for your attorneys today?

WESTERHOUT: No, I am not.

Seriously man, this is pathetic. Go feed your cat or something. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seriously man, this is pathetic. Go feed your cat or something. 

I am sort of enjoying the play by play.  I suppose I could find it elsewhere, but still, I am enjoying it.

• Like 1

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

I am sort of enjoying the play by play.  I suppose I could find it elsewhere, but still, I am enjoying it.

agreed

• Like 1

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

agreed

Another shut in. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Same, although I wonder if we are getting objective snippets, or just the pro prosecution one from Squis's favorite left wing site.

Daniel's kinda looks like Mother Teresa in the exchanges he's posted. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Me too.  Keep it up Squis!

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Same, although I wonder if we are getting objective snippets, or just the pro prosecution one from Squis's favorite left wing site.

I presume those are excahnges of which Squis approves and so shares.  I likely read them as less favorable to Squis' side than does he.  Regrdless, I find value in the production and in his tacvtic endorsement of the production as it tells me something.

There are men like this waking around, transcribing this garbage all day.  Pathetic. 

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788645150207398231

MANGOLD: In Oct 2016, did you become aware of Access Hollywood tape?

WESTERHOUT: yes, “it was the tape of mr trump and billy bush having a conversation”

MANGOLD: What impact did it have? WESTERHOUT: “At the time, I recall it rattling RNC leadership”

MANGOLD: Did RNC consider replacing Trump as a candidate?

WESTERHOUT: “There were conversations about how to— if it was needed - how it would be possible to replace him as a candidate if it came to that “

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788646334121075149

Westerhout was offered her job in the WH in December 2016.

MANGOLD: Do you know when [Trump] moved from Trump Tower to White House?

WESTERHOUT: January 20, 2017

MANGOLD: did you attend inauguration?

WESTERHOUT: I did, yes.

MANGOLD: “Did anybody in the White House sit closer to Trump than you did?”

WESTERHOUT: “Not in the first few months, no”

MANGOLD: Did anyone else sit in the outer Oval with you?

WESTERHOUT: Yes, Hope Hicks who was the communications director

MANGOLD: Anyone else?

WESTERHOUT: John McEntee and Keith Schiller Keith was director of Oval Office operations, and John was personal aide to the president

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788650701960184254

At some point, Westerhout switched her desk further away but still with a direct line of sight to the Resolute Desk. She testified that she developed an understanding of Trump's preferences, his work habits, his social media use, and his interactions with others and his family based on watching him with others.

MANGOLD: How many calls did Trump take in a day

WESTERHOUT: A lot: “as early as six in the morning.”

WESTERHOUT: “he would be on the phone late into the night when i went to bed because i always felt guilty about that.”

MANGOLD: Did he use computers or emails?

WESTERHOUT: Not to my knowledge, he wanted hard copies.

WESTERHOUT: He spent most of the time when he was working , reading, going over documents in the dining room. That was really his working office.

MANGOLD: Was there an organization system there?

WESTERHOUT: To my understanding, the president knew where things were and he kept things organized but he did have a lot of papers. “I found that he always knew where things were”

MANGOLD: Is he the type of person who paid attention to details?

WESTERHOUT: “ in my experience yes.”

MANGOLD: Signature practices, did he use an automated signature or sign by himself?

WESTERHOUT: he signed by himself

MANGOLD: particular type of pen?

WESTERHOUT: sharpies or pentel felt tip

MANGOLD: Did he typically read things before signing them?

WESTERHOUT: “Um, y-yes”

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788652192506765436

MANGOLD: Did mr. trump use social media while he was in the white house?

WESTERHOUT: He did yes. Primarily Twitter, now called X

MANGOLD: Did mr. trump post tweets himself using that twitter handle?

WESTERHOUT: He did yes.

MANGOLD: Did he post things himself?

WESTERHOUT: Yes

MANGOLD: Did anyone else have access to @realdonaldtrump in 2017?

WESTERHOUT: My understanding is that Dan Scavino had access.

MANGOLD: Did you ever see Mr. Scavino post a tweet without mr. trump’s approval?

WESTERHOUT: I didn’t see the president or dan post every single tweet.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788652710348136909

WESTERHOUT: If Dan [Scavino] wasn't available or around, the president would call me in and dictate a tweet to me, and then I would go back to my computer and type it up and print it out, and give it back to him so he could go over it.

Westerhout: “[Trump] liked to use exclamation points”

MANGOLD: Did he have particular preferences to his posts?

WESTERHOUT: Certain words he liked to capitalize including "Country", he liked to use dots for a comma

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788653565818323438

Q: How frequently were you in touch with Trump Org

A: Rhona and I spoke at least weekly sometimes daily at beginning of 2017. But that drifted off as I got into role. I was an intermediary when Trump had questions for Trump Org employees and vice versa. Rhona and i coordinated on his travel schedule, golf schedule, personal mail, the first family’s schedule, his calendar, his contacts.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788655273856409680

Westerhout testifies about a 2/5/17 email to Michael Cohen confirming a meeting between Cohen and Trump and asking for the kind of details necessary for admitting a guest to the White House. Westerhout does not specifically recall seeing Cohen when he came, but she agrees the meeting happened.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788657028790911011

MANGOLD: What is your understanding of how Mr. trump’s personal expenses were handled in 2017?

WESTERHOUT: it is my understanding they were handled by checks that were sent from the trump organization to Keith Schiller, and then sent to me for the president to sign.

MANGOLD: what did you do when you recived the checks?

WESTERHOUT: The checks came in a fed ex envelope, so i opened the envelope and inside is a manilla folder with a stack of checks, and i brought the folder in for him to sign.

MANGOLD: Anything other than checks?

WESTERHOUT: I didn’t really dig around in the folder, but there were invoices attached to the check sometimes

MANGOLD: Did you ever see trump sign check

WESTERHOUT: Yes sometimes

MANGOLD: Did mr. Trump sign checks by hand?

MANGOLD: What happened after mr. trump signed the checks

WESTERHOUT: He would give it back to me and i would put it in a prelabeled return envelope and send it back to trump org.

NECHELES: You are also selling Team Stormy merchandise? Making 40 dollars each?

DANIELS: No, I was making about 7 dollars.

Since it's in the transcript, she should have mentioned the website where we can get this merch...and she also should have said that her stuff are less expensive than the mugshot merchandise Trump sells. 

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788658484793196569

MANGOLD: trump’s reaction to stormy daniels story?

WESTERHOUT: “I remember he was very upset by it.”

MANGOLD: Do you recall if mr. trump spoke to michael cohen around the time the story came out

WESTERHOUT: I believe they spoke around that time yes

MANGOLD: Did you interact with mrs trump

WESTERHOUT: I did, yes.

WESTERHOUT: “He was my boss but she was definitely the one in charge”

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788659057127031113

Westerhout breaks down in tears on the stand as she testifies about her book.

WESTERHOUT: “It is called 'Off the Record, my dream job at the White House. How I lost it and what I learned”

WESTERHOUT: “I don’t think he was treated fairly and I wanted to tell that story”

MANGOLD: Have you spoken to Mr. trump since the publication of the book?

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788659057127031113

Her Direct is finished. Now, Susan Necheles is crossing her.

NECHELES: You were very young at the WH and you made mistakes?

NECHELES: President Trump forgave you, right?

WESTERHOUT: He did

NECHELES: After the Access Hollywood tape came out some freaked out like the RNC but Pres Trump did not?

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788660379368722773

NECHELES: He had a close relationship with his children?

WESTERHOUT: Very close

NECHELES: Close and loving relationship with his wife?

WESTERHOUT: Yes, he would say honey come to the window so he could see her and wave to her, he wanted to say hi and check in

NECHELES: Some days he would work from 6a until very late at night. Taking calls, and meeting with people, reading documents and reviewing them, signing a tremendous amount of documents.

WESTERHOUT: (agrees to all of the above)

Nothing I've read today supports anything illegal and it sounds like he has a great work ethic, as opposed to calling a lid at 11 AM every day.  This trial may boost his election chances.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Kyle Griffin and Katie Phag are your sources of information.  Both left wing influencers.  

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788664511840346131

The lawyers have returned now that the jury has left for the day.

The first issue has been resolved: The prosecution has decided NOT to call Karen McDougal as a witness.

The second issue: Trump wants to be able to respond to Stormy Daniels by amending the gag order.

BLANCHE: “There’s voters out there and there’s questioners that will ask him questions about it, and he can’t say anything.”

BLANCHE: Daniels' friend was on TV last night talking about what happened and corroborating what Daniels said.

The prosecution:

CONROY: “Modifying the gag order now to attack Ms. Daniels… “let’s not pretend [Trump] wants to engage in high-minded discourse”

CONROY: The fact that witnesses are brave enough to come in here, under subpoena and under oath, “Shouldn’t expose them to this defendant’s barrage of threats.”

MERCHAN: “My concern is not just with protecting Ms. Daniels or a witness who has already testified. My concern is protecting the integrity of the proceedings as a whole."

MERCHAN: I can't take your word for it that it’s going to be low key, that it's not going to be an attack. Because “that’s just not the track record.”

MERCHAN: “Your client’s track record speaks for itself. I can’t take your word for it.”

MERCHAN: Your application to modify the gag order is DENIED.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788667931141792164

On to Issue 3:

The Defense's renewed motion for a mistrial.

BLANCHE: the idea that the completely made-up encounter with President trump “may have been nonconsensual?”

BLANCHE: Before the testimony started we objected again and the Court indicated it would allow testimony about it, but said we don’t need to know the details of the intercourse, and Hoffinger said that’s correct.

BLANCHE: We don't need to know the details of what the suite looked like and this is extremely prejudicial testimony, this is not a case about sex. whether or not it happened has nothing to do with this case

BLANCHE: “This wasn’t a witness that was out of control.” she was answering the prosecution’s questions

MERCHAN: there was an objection and it was sustained. After many of these anecdotes, there were objections that were sustained

BLANCHE: But jury still heard the answers, that’s why this is so prejudicial

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788664511840346131

The lawyers have returned now that the jury has left for the day.

The first issue has been resolved: The prosecution has decided NOT to call Karen McDougal as a witness.

The second issue: Trump wants to be able to respond to Stormy Daniels by amending the gag order.

BLANCHE: “There’s voters out there and there’s questioners that will ask him questions about it, and he can’t say anything.”

BLANCHE: Daniels' friend was on TV last night talking about what happened and corroborating what Daniels said.

The prosecution:

CONROY: “Modifying the gag order now to attack Ms. Daniels… “let’s not pretend [Trump] wants to engage in high-minded discourse”

CONROY: The fact that witnesses are brave enough to come in here, under subpoena and under oath, “Shouldn’t expose them to this defendant’s barrage of threats.”

MERCHAN: “My concern is not just with protecting Ms. Daniels or a witness who has already testified. My concern is protecting the integrity of the proceedings as a whole."

MERCHAN: I can't take your word for it that it’s going to be low key, that it's not going to be an attack. Because “that’s just not the track record.”

MERCHAN: “Your client’s track record speaks for itself. I can’t take your word for it.”

MERCHAN: Your application to modify the gag order is DENIED.

Pretty sure he(well a normal person) could answer questions without attacking the witness and violating the gag order. Also, no Karen, bummer.  :( 

It's amazing that Trump is a real person, let alone an adult.  Imagine what people 60 years ago would've thought of our Presidential race right now.  I hope some day this is all something we can look back at and laugh at how ridiculous it all is.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788673119516795282

Steinglass responds:

In the Defense Opening Statement: the defense invited the testimony they are now trying to exclude: They claimed in their opening that her story was false but are now trying to exclude the details that corroborate that the story is true.

STEINGLASS: “The defense has not alleged anything remotely approaching grounds for a mistrial, and their motion should be denied.”

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788674992122515753

MERCHAN: “Following your motion for a mistrial on Tuesday, I went back to chambers, I pulled out my decisions on both motions for limine, the omnibus decision, and the transcript from Tuesday.”

MERCHAN: I went back to make sure that there were guidelines and no inconsistencies and after having done so, I came away satisfied, let me back up – ….

Going back to opening statements, Mr. Blanche in your opening statement, you denied there was ever a sexual encounter between your defendant and Stormy Daniels.

“Your denial puts the jury in a position of having to choose who they believe: Donald Trump, who denies that there was an encounter, or Stormy Daniels, who claims that there was.”

The more specificity Daniels provides the better than can weigh her credibility.

MERCHAN: “There were many times, not once or twice, but many times that Ms. Necheles could have objected, but didn’t.”

MERCHAN: "Trailer park." I felt that was not necessary but there was no objection but i had it struck from the record , and virtually every one of Necheles objections was sustained

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788676356919693808

MERCHAN: "I disagree that there has been a change in Daniels' story."

MERCHAN: You didn’t attack that there was a falsification of business records, you didn't attack any other lines of defense.

MERCHAN: You said my client never had a sexual encounter: that pits your client against Ms. Daniels. So the prosecution can rehabilitate her credibility.

MERCHAN: “YOUR MOTION FOR A MISTRIAL IS DENIED. I’LL SEE YOU TOMORROW AT 9:30”

50 minutes ago, Strike said:

Nothing I've read today supports anything illegal and it sounds like he has a great work ethic, as opposed to calling a lid at 11 AM every day.  This trial may boost his election chances.

Trump should’ve admitted to banging Stormy in the first place. His election chances would’ve soared and he’d have saved $150k and a lot of hassle!

Whether Stormy's story is true is irrelevant nonsense.  This is about the nondisclosure agreement.   They had an NDA and Trump made payments after the election.  The first issue is if the note that says 'legal fees' constitutes fraudulent business records if a portion of them were for reimbursement.  And second, if it was fraud was it part of another crime....which so far is some unnamed crime apparently revolving around some made up statue concerning election interference.