Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Michael Cohen's cross-examination continues)

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trump should’ve admitted to banging Stormy in the first place. His election chances would’ve soared and he’d have saved $150k and a lot of hassle!

Does it even matter if he banged her or not?  The whole thing is about paying her off and interfering with the election.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Does it even matter if he banged her or not?  The whole thing is about paying her off and interfering with the election.

Only in the sense that there would be no need to pay Stormy off at all had he not banged her. Somehow Trump still denies it and some of his supporters are dumb enough to believe him!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Trump should’ve admitted to banging Stormy in the first place. His election chances would’ve soared and he’d have saved $150k and a lot of hassle!

It is not even relevant.  Whether the story is true is a sideshow.  All that matters is there was an NDA, which is perfectly legal.  The issue is if it is really fraudulent by putting a note of 'legal fees' on $400k of payments to a lawyer which includes $130k of reimbursement is.  That gets us only to a misdemeanor whose statute of limitations ran out 5 years ago.  

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Whether Stormy's story is true is irrelevant nonsense.  This is about the nondisclosure agreement.   They had an NDA and Trump made payments after the election.  The first issue is if the note that says 'legal fees' constitutes fraudulent business records if a portion of them were for reimbursement.  And second, if it was fraud was it part of another crime....which so far is some unnamed crime apparently revolving around some made up statue concerning election interference.   

It is not a made up statute, it does exist:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-hush-money-catch-kill-criminal-trial-8b59e858a81feea5700e7bfcc77f1c09

Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass said in court that one of the crimes Trump intended to commit was a violation of a New York election law — a misdemeanor involving a conspiracy to promote or prevent an election.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Only in the sense that there would be no need to pay Stormy off at all had he not banged her. Somehow Trump still denies it and some of his supporters are dumb enough to believe him!

The need to pay her off is meaningless.  There was a. NDA and that is all that matters concerning Stormy.  The last two days were pointless. 

Just now, jonmx said:

It is not even relevant.  Whether the story is true is a sideshow.  All that matters is there was an NDA, which is perfectly legal.  The issue is if it is really fraudulent by putting a note of 'legal fees' on $400k of payments to a lawyer which includes $130k of reimbursement is.  That gets us only to a misdemeanor whose statute of limitations ran out 5 years ago.  

This is pretty much it right here.  The rest is just a dog and pony show.

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

The need to pay her off is meaningless.  There was a. NDA and that is all that matters concerning Stormy.  The last two days were pointless. 

I actually don’t GAF about this case at all other than enjoying the MAGA tears. 😭 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is pretty much it right here.  The rest is just a dog and pony show.

You just said it was about election interference. Fist off, thats not a crime.  Second, shut up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You just said it was about election interference. Fist off, thats not a crime.  Second, shut up. 

You fist off.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

You fist off.

Fist off? Is that what you and the boyfriend do? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fist off? Is that what you and the boyfriend do? 

I dunno. You said it fist, I was just quoting you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I dunno. You said it fist, I was just quoting you.

You did it on purpose. Homo 

• Sad 1

The judge made a compelling case to the non-lawyer as to why a mistrial was denied. Trump claims he didn’t have sex with Stormy so she is allowed to counter giving details that they did. Furthermore Trump’s lawyers did not object when to portions of Stormy’s testimony talking about lardo climbing up on her.

• Haha 1

I doubt any MAGA fans will answer this but do you believe Donald here saying that Stormy made all this up and they didn’t knock boots?

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You did it on purpose. Homo 

I'm stretched and ready, boyo.

:wub:

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I doubt any MAGA fans will answer this but do you believe Donald here saying that Stormy made all this up and they didn’t knock boots?

Fox has pivoted to holding him up as some kind of sexual god.

Of course the evangelical right won't accept this even know their infotainment sources are saying it.

Surely Donald will take the stand to clear this up, like he said he would.

Will be nice for him to get his chance to explain his side, that this is all made up and that he is the victim.

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Surely Donald will take the stand to clear this up, like he said he would.

Will be nice for him to get his chance to explain his side, that this is all made up and that he is the victim.

Probably not because the judge has allowed every piece of dirt to be brought into the case if Trump testifies.  The defense was restricted at bringing in negative stuff to protect prosecution witnesses, but no such protection for Trump.  This will go down as one of the most biased cases in history which has zero chance of surviving an appeal.   But the game is to convict Trumo of a felony before the election and this is the last game in town.  Appeals will not be done until after the election so it does not matter. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Probably not because the judge has allowed every piece of dirt to be brought into the case if Trump testifies.  The defense was restricted at bringing in negative stuff to protect prosecution witnesses, but no such protection for Trump.  This will go down as one of the most biased cases in history which has zero chance of surviving an appeal.   But the game is to convict Trumo of a felony before the election and this is the last game in town.  Appeals will not be done until after the election so it does not matter. 

Probably not. You think?

This lying sack of crap was never going to take the stand. 

4 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Probably not. You think?

This lying sack of crap was never going to take the stand. 

Compared to Stomy and Cohen, Trump is honest Abe.  And you believe corrupt Joe Biden isn't a lying sack?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MDC said:

had he not banged her.

OMG, he banged a chick and paid her!!!! HORRENDOUS, LOCK HIM UP FOREVER!!!!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Senator Tim Scott said trump can't campaign because of the gag order. 🤣

Biden said "fjdhxkdhdksidhele". 😂 

Who the hell knows what he said??? Biden doesn't even know 😂 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You have issues. 

10 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Hey there, I am back in town, trying to catch up on all this.

I think they did knock boots, and I dont much care.

I think he probably did setup some paid NDA, and I dont much care, as I did not really care when the Clintons did it....

This trial is a farce, with the pointed purpose to limit Trumps ability to get his campaign working, to smear him and if they get lucky to convict him....which of course would later be overturned upon appeal.....but the thing the Democrats want and are abusing the legal system to achieve is the denigration of his ability to be elected.

This is what election interference looks like.

• Like 1

News ratings are up for this trial. Three theories: 

1. the public cares and is paying attention. This trial will make a significant difference for November. 

2. The public isn’t paying attention. This trial will make no difference, 

3. The public isn’t paying attention but will pay attention to the verdict. If and only if it’s a guilty verdict, that will make a difference in November. 

I honestly have no idea which theory will turn out to be correct. 

3 hours ago, jonmx said:

Compared to Stomy and Cohen, Trump is honest Abe.  And you believe corrupt Joe Biden isn't a lying sack?

He said he never banged Stormy. The whole thing begins with this. 

26 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think he probably did setup some paid NDA, and I dont much care, as I did not really care when the Clintons did it....

This trial is a farce, with the pointed purpose to limit Trumps ability to get his campaign working, to smear him and if they get lucky to convict him....which of course would later be overturned upon appeal.....but the thing the Democrats want and are abusing the legal system to achieve is the denigration of his ability to be elected.

Good to have you back RLLD. Naturally I think you’re totally wrong about this! 

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

He said he never banged Stormy. The whole thing begins with this. 

It's illegal to say you didn't bang a chick? 

27 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Welcome back. Working with media outlets to buy the story then covering up the payments and lying about the whole thing. He has clearly done all this. You might not care but others may.

Is this election interference, I’d say yes. Is it against the law is murkier. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

It's illegal to say you didn't bang a chick? 

The colluding with the media outlet and the payments is the part they are determine if it is illegal. It’s not a farce or abuse of the system to look at this.

Donald says none of this even occurred still.

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Good to have you back RLLD. Naturally I think you’re totally wrong about this! 

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Welcome back. Working with media outlets to buy the story then covering up the payments and lying about the whole thing. He has clearly done all this. You might not care but others may.

Is this election interference, I’d say yes. Is it against the law is murkier. 

It would be dishonest for me to not hold the Clintons accountable and then suddenly hold Trump.....

Since this behavior is not uncommon, though Trump has always said he would not pay people for silence because they never stay silent.....but in this instance he clearly wanted to keep this from his family, as perhaps any of us would....

Just now, RLLD said:

It would be dishonest for me to not hold the Clintons accountable and then suddenly hold Trump.....

Since this behavior is not uncommon, though Trump has always said he would not pay people for silence because they never stay silent.....but in this instance he clearly wanted to keep this from his family, as perhaps any of us would....

He wanted to keep it from the public when he was running for Prez. Colluding with the Enquirer. 

The Clintons were held accountable. Bill Clinton investigations went on for years and started over investments IIRC.They eventually got him for lying about getting a blowie. 

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788913876794257614

It’s Day 15 of Donald Trump’s NY election interference trial. We recessed yesterday with Madeleine Westerhout on the witness stand being cross-examined by the defense.

We also ended the day with the Court denying Trump’s second Motion for Mistrial, as well as denying his application to amend the gag order.

Who will be on deck after Westerhout? We will see!

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

He wanted to keep it from the public when he was running for Prez. Colluding with the Enquirer. 

The Clintons were held accountable. Bill Clinton investigations went on for years and started over investments IIRC.They eventually got him for lying about getting a blowie. 

He wanted to keep it from his wife, but I can see how you might also hold your position.....and regardless as to which one of us is correct, it matters little to me.....

Unless you are ready to now hold the Bidens and DOJ accountable for THEIR behaviors around the Hunter laptop.....is that.....that case??

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788927223224729880

Madeleine Westerhout is back on the witness stand for her continued cross.

Katie’s Sidebar:

Don’t expect any scathing cross by Susan Necheles of Westerhout. It’s a stark contrast between the way she questioned Stormy Daniels yesterday as compared to the kid gloves she has used thus far with Westerhout.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He wanted to keep it from his wife, but I can see how you might also hold your position.....and regardless as to which one of us is correct, it matters little to me.....

Unless you are ready to now hold the Bidens and DOJ accountable for THEIR behaviors around the Hunter laptop.....is that.....that case??

Donald was banging who knows how many. Him and Melania are a love story for the ages. That he still denies all this occurred seems to have opened the door for Stormy to talk all about it in court. 

Biden has been under investigation for years now. Congress has their own committee now for a couple years digging into it. When they actually produce something I’ll listen! Maybe they are just really bad at.