Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

LeBron is better than Kobe and here's the proof

These stats are misleading since they are averages and Kobe didn't start or play much his first couple seasons and as mentioned before Lebrons average numbers will decline as he ages. That said, I am a Lakers fan and Kobe fan but I thought Lebron was already better than Kobe when Lebron was still in high school.

Kobe is officially my favorite NBA player of all time. And I'm not a Lakers fan.

But LeBron is better - no stats needed. All you need are eyeballs.

Kobe is officially my favorite NBA player of all time. And I'm not a Lakers fan.

But LeBron is better - no stats needed. All you need are eyeballs.

Well my eyeballs tell me Kobe has two more rings a boatload more points and a lot better defensively.

Question to all of you. How would LeBron fair if he played during the days of Jordan where defense was actually allowed? LeBron is good don't get me wrong and what he did was amazing. But at the same time he does tend to whine about fouls and I don't think he would be the same player if he played with the rules back in the day. Same with Jordan and other players from that era. They would probably foul out of most games

Question to all of you. How would LeBron fair if he played during the days of Jordan where defense was actually allowed? LeBron is good don't get me wrong and what he did was amazing. But at the same time he does tend to whine about fouls and I don't think he would be the same player if he played with the rules back in the day. Same with Jordan and other players from that era. They would probably foul out of most games

I think you have it backwards.

In the Finals the refs actually "let them play" (called it more 90's) than they did in the regular season. And you see what happened. Little shooters who solely rely on space faltered and LeBron shined.

A guy like Steph Curry would have more of a Reggie Miller or Ray Allen type career in the 90's. Which is great, but not two time MVP great.

A player like LeBron could play in any era. As could Kobe.

I think he would stand out even more. He's huge, strong, and fast. Hand checking would affect him much less than it affected more frail guys.

I think he would stand out even more. He's huge, strong, and fast. Hand checking would affect him much less than it affected more frail guys.

Good point. I would love to see him play if he could actually use his body like they did back in the day

• Like 1

Dunno....Tristan Thompson knocked him down pretty easily with the back of his hand.

Well my eyeballs tell me Kobe has two more rings a boatload more points and a lot better defensively.

Thats your heart, not your eyes.

when it is all said and done. When you add in off the court/field sh1t and scandals.

Lebron will have had the greatest career in all of sports.

How about they are both great ? Each on the greatest of their respective eras ?

Because for 13 years, those eras overlapped. Jordan and Lebron were the best of their eras. Kobe had a few years at the top of the heap until Lebron came along.

Thats your heart, not your eyes.

No...pretty sure that's statistical facts...and that I can physically see 2 more championship trophys.

No...pretty sure that's statistical facts...and that I can physically see 2 more championship trophys.

LeBron is a freak dude, superior human being (and I hate the guy for the most part) Kobe is just one of the greatest players from his generation, LeBron is one of the greatest of all time.

Kobe is to Emmitt as LeBron is to Peterson

Lebron is thr better overall player, sure.

But I know who I'd want with the ball in their hands down 2 with 20 seconds left.

Also Lebrons 6 straight Finals is no big deal. He routinely has the best team and the East is awful. I mean when Toronto, ATL, and the young Celtics are your biggest competition.....how would you not make the finals? It is a cakewalk.

Lebron is thr better overall player, sure.

But I know who I'd want with the ball in their hands down 2 with 20 seconds left.

Robert Horry?

:lol:

No question though, give me Kobe in that situation. He's a closer, LeBron isn't and doesn't seem to want to be.

Lebron has a higher FG percentage than Kobe in their careers in the last 24 seconds (one possession) in games tied or within 1,2 or 3 points.

Lebron had 3 playoff buzzer beater winners. Kobe has 1.

But hey, let's not worry bout all that.

But yet seems afraid to take the shot these days.

Kobe is a much better shooter. Ill take Kobe in a last shot situation. Answer isnt changed.

Lebron has a higher FG percentage than Kobe in their careers in the last 24 seconds (one possession) in games tied or within 1,2 or 3 points.

Lebron had 3 playoff buzzer beater winners. Kobe has 1.

But hey, let's not worry bout all that.

So, between the 2, you want LeBron in that situation over Kobe?

13 years in, we know what LeBron is, he'd rather defer.

Cont....

LeBron is also killing Kobe even more in career playoff averages

He is far better than him in the regular season AND the postseason

LeBron

28.8 ppg

8.9 rb

7.3 ast

1.8 stl

1.0 blk

FG%: 49.0

3pt%: 33.1

PER: 28.3

WS: 50.1

Triple Doubles: 28

Kobe

25.6 ppg

5.1 rb

4.7 ast

1.4 stl

0.7 blk

FG%: 44.8

3pt%: 33.1

PER: 22.4

WS: 28.3

Triple Doubles: 0

The numbers speak for themselves and it's not even close between the two.

I can't believe people like Strike are still saying Kobe is better than LeBron. LOL.

8th straight finals is ridiculous. Dont care if the east is weak or any other excuse. If it was that simple others would be able to do it. He takes every team hes on to the finals and often single handedly carries muktiple series. Win or lose this finals its a big deal and great accomplishment.