Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Cautionary tale

Went to the HS hoops game tonight. During the warms ups I noticed the star player wasnt out there. So, I asked my friend where he was.

He told me the cops came to school and took him

away in cuffs yesterday. Apparently, the recently turned 18 yr old basketball phenom has been sending his d!ck pics to 13-14 yr old girls.

So, just like that:

Arrested and charged

Kicked off the team right before districts

Suspended from school

Scholarships out the window. D1 schools were calling, but nobodys touching this kid now.

Who knows what the the sentence might be if convicted, but hes looking at being a registered sex offender now.

And just like that, this morons life turned on a dime. What an ass.

If you have sons, you gotta make sure theyre aware that the consequences of their actions are different once they turn 18.

• Like 1

Registered for life as a sechs offender too.

Speak to your kids regardless about it; boys and girls. Send a pic and not only could you be charged with sending k.p. but forget about ever running for public office, etc..... Digital is forever.

Registered for life as a sechs offender too.

Speak to your kids regardless about it; boys and girls. Send a pic and not only could you be charged with sending k.p. but forget about ever running for public office, etc..... Digital is forever.

I suspect the pics in this case were probably flowing in both directions. Possibly, even started before he became an adult.

Either way, a 17 yr. trying to get with a 13 yr old is still pedo-ish in my book.

Kids do stupid things. Avoid that by not giving them a phone with a camera. Or a phone at all.

Simply not feasible these days.

Simply not feasible these days.

Why? Because the other kids have phones? I'm not trolling you. I'm asking outside of that, why must a teen have a cell phone? Yeah the other kids will make fun of them, until the cops show up at their house. Kids are going to do like this. Why give them the tools?

I'm sorry, I think somewhere along the line we confuse the spirit of the law with the poorly written word of the law. Sending pictures of your own ? Shouldn't be treated the same way as sending pictures of some exploited minor.

Also also, I think most of us as young kids played show me yours and I'll show you mine. So, if you see it live it's okay? But if it's a picture? What the hell?

It's a new world. When I was a 18, 19, 20, 25, it was okay to have sex with 15 year olds.

:dunno:

It's a new world. When I was a 18, 19, 20, 25, it was okay to have sex with 15 year olds.

25???

He would fit right in at Louisville or Michigan St. :dunno:

Yeah, the folks at Mich State might TOUCH him for realz.

I'm sorry, I think somewhere along the line we confuse the spirit of the law with the poorly written word of the law. Sending pictures of your own ######? Shouldn't be treated the same way as sending pictures of some exploited minor.

Also also, I think most of us as young kids played show me yours and I'll show you mine. So, if you see it live it's okay? But if it's a picture? What the hell?

All thats fine really, but 18 vs 13 is still a problem.

All thats fine really, but 18 vs 13 is still a problem.

Yep. When I was in High School Sr's dated freshmen all the time. Then they would graduate and the relationship would usually end pretty quickly. And before you ask my HS girlfriend was only a year younger than me.

Why? Because the other kids have phones? I'm not trolling you. I'm asking outside of that, why must a teen have a cell phone? Yeah the other kids will make fun of them, until the cops show up at their house. Kids are going to do ###### like this. Why give them the tools?

Practice schedules, emergencies, group home work assignments, we need to communicate. My son is 15 and a freshman, he has had several group projects this year that have had to be recorded and turned in for grades. It's simply the way it is now.

Went to the HS hoops game tonight. During the warms ups I noticed the star player wasnt out there. So, I asked my friend where he was.

He told me the cops came to school and took him

away in cuffs yesterday. Apparently, the recently turned 18 yr old basketball phenom has been sending his d!ck pics to 13-14 yr old girls.

So, just like that:

Arrested and charged

Kicked off the team right before districts

Suspended from school

Scholarships out the window. D1 schools were calling, but nobodys touching this kid now.

Who knows what the the sentence might be if convicted, but hes looking at being a registered sex offender now.

And just like that, this morons life turned on a dime. What an ass.

If you have sons, you gotta make sure theyre aware that the consequences of their actions are different once they turn 18.

So the lesson is "use a burner phone". :thumbsup:

Practice schedules, emergencies, group home work assignments, we need to communicate. My son is 15 and a freshman, he has had several group projects this year that have had to be recorded and turned in for grades. It's simply the way it is now.

If you use an app like Life360, you can track your kid too. I have a new driver and it is valuable there. We also have a younger one who is playing sports and we track the bus for away games so we know when to pick him up. All sorts of things are pretty standard now with those devices. Unless you want to wrap your kid in a bubble, it is better to teach them the right and wrong ways to use technology.

Don't forget web cams. God knows I am glad that I don't have to worry about a daughter using that to share her self-experimentation with the world. :o

He would fit right in at Louisville or Michigan St. :dunno:

:mad:

:lol:

Wait. The schools are assigning things that require a phone?

Wait. The schools are assigning things that require a phone?

Yes, his engineering class just last week, had the students build Rube Goldberg machines at home, record them with detailed explanation, and submitted the video for a grade.

He's had 3 other similar situations this year. I even asked him what the kids did that didn't have access to phones, he just shrugged and said nobody raised any concerns.

Hey guys completely unrelated and off topic question for a friend. How can I, I mean my friend, reverse a text message, maybe a picture, I donno. Like it was sent but now I want it back. My cousin wants it back I mean, not me, I wouldn’t send a picture. I mean I’d send a picture, but not a bad kind. I accidentally slipped, I mean, he slipped, it didn’t even really happen, it just kind of sent already but not really. So just theoretically if it did, which it didn’t...

Yes, his engineering class just last week, had the students build Rube Goldberg machines at home, record them with detailed explanation, and submitted the video for a grade.

He's had 3 other similar situations this year. I even asked him what the kids did that didn't have access to phones, he just shrugged and said nobody raised any concerns.

Well that is so wrong in so many ways, but yeah, then they have to have them.

Yes. This has happened to middle school kids here. The school allows them to use one of their iPads if they dont have a phone.

But all he got caught for was sending a pic right?

I dont know the whole story Was just told he was sending d!ck pics to 13-14 yr old girls.

I dont know the whole story Was just told he was sending d!ck pics to 13-14 yr old girls.

What a dumbass. You would think that, in this day and age, a star basketball player would be banging the horny art teacher. :unsure:

• Like 1

Another kid was busted for sending d!ck pics to a 17 yr old girl here a few days ago.

This kid was a 3 sport athlete, and slated to go play football for D2 school here in MI.

Now, hes kicked out of school, off the baseball team and likely wont be playing football anywhere next year.

Jeez these kids are stupid.

Also, apparently the 17 yr old chick responded with a pic of her own, and people around town wanna know why she isnt in trouble.

Yes. This has happened to middle school kids here. The school allows them to use one of their iPads if they dont have a phone.

I teach one class a week at a fancy school here in Shenzhen. Im supposed to be teaching Model United Nations, but since the kids are focking 8 years old and dont speak anywhere near the level of English (or possess enough maturity) to master things like Roberts rules of order and such, it doesnt really go very well.

But they all have iPads in class. Every last one of them. I end up confiscating a stack of them every week.

My nephew goes to a ritzy private school in Memphis. They are all issued laptop computers each school year.

Frankly, I can see the good in it. You just cant teach kids to succeed anymore without technology. Its central to life now and will get more so.

But there are lots of bad effects too.

Now, hes kicked out of school, off the baseball team and likely wont be playing football anywhere next year.

at least he'll be able to play with himself