Sign in to follow this  
Breesman32

Rodgers vs.Pats

Pats win 80 - 0 Sunday!

Who fumbled the game away? Had he not overthrown Jennings the previous play, this wouldn't even have been a conversation. Changing the argument doesn't change the point of my original post. I was responding to a statement.

And your response is ignorant of what happened the entire game.

Saying Rodgers lost it...because the fumble was the end...pretty much ignores the rest of it...and how the defense couldn't step up to stop Arizona all game.

Have fun thinking like that or whatever...at this point it really doesn't matter.

Brady is among the all time biggest choke artists in big games. Last entire decade they are SB favorites to start the year, have a great regular season only to wilt in the playoffs. That includes blowing a perfect season, the best offense all time and losing to turnover machine Eli Manning twice. Not sure mof my point of this post, I just like bashing Brady. Call me when they have the refs in their pocket after an american tragedy or when they have stolen the defenses signals, then we can talk SB.

Explain it to me then. Explain to me what Brady has that Rodgers doesn't right now.

There is no intangible Brady has which makes him better than Rodgers now. And Rodgers is more mobile with a better arm.

It's not about who is better, its about who has the better secondary and that clearly goes to the pats.

That is fact.

Rodgers is better with Nelson/Cobb

Brees is better with Graham

Manning is better with Thomas/Thomas

the list goes on forever

I don't think Brees is better with Graham. Sorry.

yeah Rodgers has juicy matchups but can we really say he's gonna tear it up in RWS week 15? That bills defense is scary. I like Atlanta and TB however. But Luck this week oh man he has such a great matchup. How many points did Manning have week 9?

It's not about who is better, its about who has the better secondary and that clearly goes to the pats.

Not sure it is as clear as you think on the secondary.

I don't think Brees is better with Graham. Sorry.

Saying he is better with him than without him.

To all attending this thread... Saying that either Brady or Rodgers are chokers in big games will discredit anything you post from here on our. Both have at least one ring and both have great stats in the post season. They are both clutch.

Troll elsewhere.

• Like 1

Not sure it is as clear as you think on the secondary.

He does not get used like a tightend, he is always targeted in the redzone taking away other reps from other receivers. Brees had spread the ball around less with Graham that when he needed to get other receivers involved again they don't get open. Graham also held out until July to sign, showing he is all about money and not the saints. Graham is a major contributor to our offense's problems. The other receivers have had less confidence and don't want to just be targeted two times a game. Colston is older and he's the only other one who gets looks besides Graham but Stills, Morgan, Saunders need confidence. We need a receiver to take Graham's place and go back to using a blocking tightend like Shockey was. A receiver is faster than a tightend therefore a great receiver will get open for Brees and open up the offense. Graham has made so many mistakes.

Love Rodgers in this game.

If you're a Pats fan like me, you know or defense isn't that good this year. We do well when we force other teams into our game script.

Rodgers won't cooperate that way, unlike Manning.

would you start rodgers @ BUF in week 15 or Eli vs WAS week 15?

Is that a serious question?

I know Eli is playing well again with his new weapon ODB...but which QB is more likely to completely crap the bed?

I think we all know goober is the answer to that question.

Dude, you aren't serious here are you? Eli is too risky with all his interceptions. Rodgers is a robot.

Love Rodgers in this game.

If you're a Pats fan like me, you know or defense isn't that good this year. We do well when we force other teams into our game script.

Rodgers won't cooperate that way, unlike Manning.

This is why I believe Rodgers poses a problem for the hoodie. Peyton is methodical, Belichick knows how Peyton is going to react to most every situation so he knows better how to defend it. Rodgers is more of a wildcard because he is more creative than Peyton, and more mobile.

Saying he is better with him than without him.

:thumbsup:

Favre > Dilfer > Brady

redtodd still not funny :banana: :banana:

:clap:

Welcome back.

Is that a serious question?

I know Eli is playing well again with his new weapon ODB...but which QB is more likely to completely crap the bed?

I think we all know goober is the answer to that question.

Dude, you aren't serious here are you? Eli is too risky with all his interceptions. Rodgers is a robot.

there's a 92% chance i start rodgers, still wanted some feedback. WAS gives up like the 3rd most points to QBs and BUF gives up the 2nd fewest or something.

Rodgers=Stephen Davis. HTH.

The Packers must be relevant again! :D

Been a long damn time since they weren't relevant. :clap:

Been a long damn time since they weren't relevant. :clap:

8-7-1 and lost Wildcard last year. :dunno:

It was a rough year playing without the greatest player in the league... Still, when he came back... they lost to a team by 3 who lost to the Champs by 3.... they hold on to the easy INT at the end of the game and they win that game...

Not sure if that is better or worse than the New England team getting trounced by the team who got completely annihilated by the Champs.... but not much to brag about either way. :dunno:

The ultimate test of relevancy is Lombardi trophies and in that way.... the Packers haven't been relevant in a few years

However, I know other teams that haven't been relevant since "Hey Ya!!" was a hit song :banana: :banana:

Revis on Cobb, Browner on Nelson, Arrington on Adams. Luck had 23 against the pats week 11. Cutler had 27 but pats were probably allowing garbage time against a scrappy QB. Packers are the type of team who will take the starters out if the game is decided by the fourth quarter. If packers are down 4 TDs, Rodgers is not playing in the fourth quarter.

And my username says otherwise about who I root for.

The Hilton game vs the Pats (7/3/24/0) has me extremely nervous about Jordy.

Pats defense is overrated. Packers have the best offense in the league playing at home. I don't care how well the Pats have been playing recently, they aren't just going to walk into Lambeau and sit down the Packers. The Lions game was not a legit barometer. The Lions are breaking in a new O Coordinator and are historically awful on the road outdoors.

I'm not saying the Pats can't win the game, but if they do, they will have to score points to so so. I have the Packers winning 30-27.

• Like 1

News stories every week about when Rodgers would come back the whole time he was out hurt...still won the division and were a dropped INT away from beating the 9ers.

To say they were not relevant is revisionist history.

Pats defense is overrated.

:doh:

Ummm, totally overrated. The Packers will show exactly how overrated on Sunday. Smack your head a you want, beating up on a Lions team that sucks on the road on grass doesn't make you a good defense. Having Manning choke against you again doesn't either.

Might want to check AOB on the front page of this very site:

5. Darrelle Revis, New England (NFL QB Rating – 63.1)

Analysis: Some things never change. When I wrote the original Dirty Dozen article leading up to Week 12 last year, Revis ranked second despite the fact that Tampa Bay used him in zone coverage for the better part of the first half of the season. Revis has been used primarily as a left cornerback for most of this season - Week 6 against Buffalo’s Sammy Watkins was a rare exception. He hasn’t exactly been a shutdown cornerback in 2014, but the fact he hasn’t allowed a touchdown in his coverage since Week 1 suggests Revis hasn’t exactly dropped off much. Just to give everyone an idea, the Patriots have faced Denver, Indianapolis and Detroit in their last three games. Over that stretch, he has yielded the lines to the following receivers in his coverage (catches-targets-yards): Demaryius Thomas (3-3-33), Emmanuel Sanders (2-3-38), T.Y. Hilton (0-1-0), Reggie Wayne (1-4-5) and Golden Tate (2-7-41).

To date: 30 catches on 60 targets for 398 yards and one touchdown

Week 13: Jordy Nelson, Green Bay
Week 14: Malcom Floyd, San Diego
Week 15: Mike Wallace, Miami
Week 16: Eric Decker, NY Jets

• Like 1

1 conference championship in 6 years. What a stud.

OVER- RATED :clap: OVER-RATED :clap:

That's better than none in 10 years. :dunno:

Ummm, totally overrated. The Packers will show exactly how overrated on Sunday. Smack your head a you want, beating up on a Lions team that sucks on the road on grass doesn't make you a good defense. Having Manning choke against you again doesn't either.

It takes a lot to convince you, I see.

Might want to check AOB on the front page of this very site:

5. Darrelle Revis, New England (NFL QB Rating – 63.1)

Analysis: Some things never change. When I wrote the original Dirty Dozen article leading up to Week 12 last year, Revis ranked second despite the fact that Tampa Bay used him in zone coverage for the better part of the first half of the season. Revis has been used primarily as a left cornerback for most of this season - Week 6 against Buffalo’s Sammy Watkins was a rare exception. He hasn’t exactly been a shutdown cornerback in 2014, but the fact he hasn’t allowed a touchdown in his coverage since Week 1 suggests Revis hasn’t exactly dropped off much. Just to give everyone an idea, the Patriots have faced Denver, Indianapolis and Detroit in their last three games. Over that stretch, he has yielded the lines to the following receivers in his coverage (catches-targets-yards): Demaryius Thomas (3-3-33), Emmanuel Sanders (2-3-38), T.Y. Hilton (0-1-0), Reggie Wayne (1-4-5) and Golden Tate (2-7-41).

To date: 30 catches on 60 targets for 398 yards and one touchdown

Week 13: Jordy Nelson, Green Bay

Week 14: Malcom Floyd, San Diego

Week 15: Mike Wallace, Miami

Week 16: Eric Decker, NY Jets

Which is why I'm seriously considering benching Nelson in favor of M. Bryant. :ninja:

I'm worried about this too. I can see Hoodie taking away Nelson and forcing progressions - not that Rodgers is bad at that sort of thing regardless...

...I got Antonio Brown; can't bench him. I got Josh Gordon, Jordy and Julio. I think it's between Jordy and Julio. With ATL's seriously awful O line, and ARI's seriously good D line, I worry that Ryan won't be able to get the ball to Julio - but I also know that Roddy is dinged up. At least they're at home. BUF D @ home also scares me, but I'm not sure that Josh won't get his regardless.

It seems that when Jordy doesn't have a good stat line, it's REALLY not good. I can see this being one of those games. If I were Hoodie, I'd take away Jordy first, and Lacy second.

Important division championship deciding game here; I have to pick correctly. Gah! :wall:

I'm worried about this too. I can see Hoodie taking away Nelson and forcing progressions - not that Rodgers is bad at that sort of thing regardless...

...I got Antonio Brown; can't bench him. I got Josh Gordon, Jordy and Julio. I think it's between Jordy and Julio. With ATL's seriously awful O line, and ARI's seriously good D line, I worry that Ryan won't be able to get the ball to Julio - but I also know that Roddy is dinged up. At least they're at home. BUF D @ home also scares me, but I'm not sure that Josh won't get his regardless.

It seems that when Jordy doesn't have a good stat line, it's REALLY not good. I can see this being one of those games. If I were Hoodie, I'd take away Jordy first, and Lacy second.

Important division championship deciding game here; I have to pick correctly. Gah! :wall:

Please take this to the Little Help board!

also... don't bench Jordy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: