Sign in to follow this  
Breesman32

Rodgers vs.Pats

I gotta go with either Jordy or Evans. I have Rodgers too. I can see like a 5-42 line for Nelson. Unlike Peyton, Rodgers can be shut down. I certainly like him better since he's at home, but I"m honestly not expecting much

I'm going all in on Cobb, I think BB goes all in on taking away Nelson with Revis and safety over the top. Sooooooooo Lacy might very well go AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL focking Moreno, but I got a gut feeling Cobb goes off, I don't think Browner can cover Cobb :dunno:

It was a rough year playing without the greatest player in the league... Still, when he came back... they lost to a team by 3 who lost to the Champs by 3.... they hold on to the easy INT at the end of the game and they win that game...

Not sure if that is better or worse than the New England team getting trounced by the team who got completely annihilated by the Champs.... but not much to brag about either way. :dunno:

The ultimate test of relevancy is Lombardi trophies and in that way.... the Packers haven't been relevant in a few years

However, I know other teams that haven't been relevant since "Hey Ya!!" was a hit song :banana: :banana:

Don't make me cut and paste your 31-25 Patriots victory prediction.

Don't make me cut and paste your 31-25 Patriots victory prediction.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Badger-victory booze-influenced typo!

I will be surprised if this game is a blow-out either way.... I give a slight edge to the Packers because they have the better quarterback :music_guitarred:

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Badger-victory booze-influenced typo!

In vino veritas............I think that is German for "I secretly love the Pats and I think they will beat my discount double check Packers."

They are two completely different qbs imo. Rodgers is young, has the arm, and the numbers, but can he win those pressure games.

Brady turns washed up players and no names into pro-bowlers. He has never had the talent other elite qbs have had and still manages to have the highest win % and put up a top 5 offense. Yes i am a Pats homer, but this guy always finds a way to win with what he has. It will be a sad day when he is gone in new England.

I'd take Brady any day of the week over any other qb in the nfl right now.

P.s Fantasy football wise, yes rodgers is the better qb

Brady is 0-9 in his last game of the year. I'd take Rodgers

Brady is 0-9 in his last game of the year. I'd take Rodgers

last 9 years since Super Bowl win

I gotta go with either Jordy or Evans. I have Rodgers too. I can see like a 5-42 line for Nelson. Unlike Peyton, Rodgers can be shut down. I certainly like him better since he's at home, but I"m honestly not expecting much

sorry, what happened to payton 2 weeks ago in St.Louis, forgot

sorry, what happened to payton 2 weeks ago in St.Louis, forgot

I was hoping that was a typo and he meant to say "unlike Peyton, Rodgers CAN'T be shut down". Rodgers is the definition of clutch.

Yeah, the difference is when Peyton gets 'shut down', he still throws for 30+ completions and 350+ yards. Vs. the Rams, 34 for 389, 1 TD, 2 ints.

Compare that to Rodgers week 1 vs Seattle: 23 for 189, 1/1. Or week 3 vs Detroit: 16 for 182, 1/0.

I focking hate Peyton Manning and think he's the biggest choker this side of Tony Romo. But for fantasy purposes, he's better than Rodgers.

Yeah, the difference is when Peyton gets 'shut down', he still throws for 30+ completions and 350+ yards. Vs. the Rams, 34 for 389, 1 TD, 2 ints.

Compare that to Rodgers week 1 vs Seattle: 23 for 189, 1/1. Or week 3 vs Detroit: 16 for 182, 1/0.

I focking hate Peyton Manning and think he's the biggest choker this side of Tony Romo. But for fantasy purposes, he's better than Rodgers.

The DET game is a fair comparison. For SEA, that was week one and the Packers o-line was in shambles still. Since then, they have a pretty stable o-line in place. Plus, Rodgers seems to be improving while Peyton is regressing in the year. Couple all that with the fact that Rodgers does better in the cold and GB's schedule is easier during Fantasy playoffs, I would think most people would rather have Rodger the rest of the way.

I'm worried about this too. I can see Hoodie taking away Nelson and forcing progressions - not that Rodgers is bad at that sort of thing regardless...

...I got Antonio Brown; can't bench him. I got Josh Gordon, Jordy and Julio. I think it's between Jordy and Julio. With ATL's seriously awful O line, and ARI's seriously good D line, I worry that Ryan won't be able to get the ball to Julio - but I also know that Roddy is dinged up. At least they're at home. BUF D @ home also scares me, but I'm not sure that Josh won't get his regardless.

It seems that when Jordy doesn't have a good stat line, it's REALLY not good. I can see this being one of those games. If I were Hoodie, I'd take away Jordy first, and Lacy second.

Important division championship deciding game here; I have to pick correctly. Gah! :wall:

Sounds like your decision is as focked up as mine.

FWIW, I just plugged in M. Bryant over Nelson.

Looks like Rodgers is already close to his projected points for this week... and he still has a whole other half to go.

Could have been even better for GB.

Rodgers looked great after m8ssing a touch early.

Brady was shaky at times.

Packers D did just enough.

Packers have no shot at winning. Rodgers is due for a bad bad game, Lacy is fat and overrated. New England is just waaaay too good. The last game in Sundays lineup i would even want to watch. Enjoy.

Nicely not done. :thumbsup:

Could have been even better for GB.

Rodgers looked great after m8ssing a touch early.

Brady was shaky at times.

Packers D did just enough.

The game shouldn't have even been that close. Devante Adams missed an easy catch for a TD.

1 conference championship in 6 years. What a stud.

OVER- RATED :clap: OVER-RATED :clap:

he stinks

Fockin Rodgers was killer in the first half. Would've been a huge lead if they'd finished in the red zone a few times. Cooled off considerably in the second but did just enough to hold on

The real difference in that game wasn't QB play though.

Packers got consistent pressure on the QB whereas the Patriots did not

Oddly, that seemed to be the Patriots' game plan. They didn't really blitz at all.

And Rodgers did outplay Brady. The o-line and defense were equal contributors, but no other QB could have done what Rodgers did to win the game.

Oddly, that seemed to be the Patriots' game plan. They didn't really blitz at all.

And Rodgers did outplay Brady. The o-line and defense were equal contributors, but no other QB could have done what Rodgers did to win the game.

Hoodie knew that Rodgers dissects and destroys blitzes. Particularly against a mediocre D. :first: :lol:

Hoodie knew that Rodgers dissects and destroys blitzes. Particularly against a mediocre D. :first: :lol:

He dissects and kills 3 man rushes too.

Rodgers made some amazing throws in the first half. Other than 3 or 4 eye popping plays I'd say the QBs were pretty much the same.

I wasn't talking so much about blitzing either as much as just getting to the QB with a four man rush. There were multiple plays were Rodgers seemingly had ten seconds back there before making a throw. Not so for Brady.

Anyway I guess I'm saying the Packers just outplayed the Pats as a team. Not majorly but they were just a bit better across the board.

All I need to hear is biggest game of the year and I can predict a Brady flop. One of the least clutch qbs of the last decade.

:thumbsup:

Rodgers was the best QB on the field yesterday.

Remember the Patriots beat the Broncos in the regular season last year. Didn't do them much good come playoff time, did it?

Looking forward to a Packers/Patriots Super Bowl.

All I need to hear is biggest game of the year and I can predict a Brady flop. One of the least clutch qbs of the last decade.

Look at every "big game" he's not been Brady in. He's spent most of the time on his ass.

The offensive line sucks and he sucks.

I wasn't talking so much about blitzing either as much as just getting to the QB with a four man rush.

Agree there.

That is the type of team that gives the Packers fits. Teams that can still drop 7 into coverage and get pressure with 4. Its why they struggled with the Giants for years and why a team like Detroit gives them so much trouble.

Not sure which game you were watching, but I was right there in the stadium... and Rodgers got sacked 3 times and was running for his life many times.... making plays on the run or running for key first downs... Brady didn't get sacked once until the last play of the game.

That being said.... Patriot fans represented well at Lambeau... good folks... very confident bunch despite the fact that they were losing the whole game, doubled up on yardage and time of possession for most of the game.

And they all refused to do the final "Jump Around" at the 2 minute warning, though... :doublethumbsup:

Good game, though.... Maybe these two teams will meet again. The Patriots might feel like they left some plays out there. I'm positive the Packers did, too :cheers:

I was at the game too, and it looked like Rodgers had a ton of time back there most of the time. The tone was set in the first drive, when Lacy was averaging over 10 ypc, leaving the Patriots unsure how to defend.

The summary of this game is that if Rodgers and Davante Adams can get a bit more chemistry - where Rodgers knows that he'll be where he's supposed to be, and he knows he'll catch the ball thrown into his chest - I don't see anything but a repeat result if these two teams meet again in the Super Bowl.

The Pats need to figure out an answer for Matthews before these teams meet again.

he stinks

so I guess he's been to more than one conference championship now? :dunno:

The Pats need to figure out an answer for Matthews before these teams meet again.

They did such a bang up job figuring out the giants front line in those super bowls

I was at the game too, and it looked like Rodgers had a ton of time back there most of the time. The tone was set in the first drive, when Lacy was averaging over 10 ypc, leaving the Patriots unsure how to defend.

The summary of this game is that if Rodgers and Davante Adams can get a bit more chemistry - where Rodgers knows that he'll be where he's supposed to be, and he knows he'll catch the ball thrown into his chest - I don't see anything but a repeat result if these two teams meet again in the Super Bowl.

One time he had 11 seconds and still threw the ball out of bounds.

That's better than none in 10 years. :dunno:

Sorry, but the Eagles aren't being discussed here.

Slow down skippy. It's still just week 13.