Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Examples of voter fraud, you know the problem that doesn't exist.

Is voter fraud not a compelling reason? Fair elections is a staple of Democracy right? Make all state id's free. I find it extremely difficult to believe a adult human can't find a way to get an id. You have years in between each election to make time and find a way to get one. The government could help get these people ID's, but everyone should have some form of id.

Statistically insignificant actual cases of fraud worth it? Not really, no.

And you can find things hard to believe, but when people in charge restrict hours and locations of id places it becomes a problem.

Im for ID laws if done right and ids are made very easily available at minimal cost. Thus far,its been too restrictive.

Ised my ID to vote this morning.

Statistically insignificant actual cases of fraud worth it? Not really, no.

And you can find things hard to believe, but when people in charge restrict hours and locations of id places it becomes a problem.

Im for ID laws if done right and ids are made very easily available at minimal cost. Thus far,its been too restrictive.

Ised my ID to vote this morning.

ID's should be free. Just another BS tax. I have to pay you to prove who I am? Fock off.

Know anyone who got caught and convicted for stealing cable or downloading movies from the Internet? I guess that doesnt happen either.

I got caught downloading Xbox/Xbox 360 games back in 2005. I was 15 and didn't know anything about making myself invisible back then. My parents had to pay a fine.

Everyone knows it happens right? Let's start with that question first. If the answer is yes, then tougher laws and better regulations need put in place.

Take that same argument and apply it to, let's see, gun violence or global warming. Watch the complete 180 spin for those for it, and those against it.

There's a jurisdiction in SW Virginia where one of the polling places is a modified barn just off route 58.

Word is you can get a pint of liquor there for voting republican in a national election. I've never done it but a fellow inmate I knew has a family that owns a local liquor store nearby and tells me that they sell over 200 pints of his cheapest liquor a day before national elections. Normally he said they sell 10-20 pints on a typical Monday.

In 2008 and 2012, that polling place counted 98% votes for republican candidates.

Is this the type of fraud that you're referring to? Or is it just the liberals you're looking for?

• Like 1

There's a jurisdiction in SW Virginia where one of the polling places is a modified barn just off route 58.

Word is you can get a pint of liquor there for voting republican in a national election. I've never done it but a fellow inmate I knew has a family that owns a local liquor store nearby and tells me that they sell over 200 pints of his cheapest liquor a day before national elections. Normally he said they sell 10-20 pints on a typical Monday.

In 2008 and 2012, that polling place counted 98% votes for republican candidates.

Is this the type of fraud that you're referring to? Or is it just the liberals you're looking for?

If true, that should be shut down and the people in charge should be charged

Is voter fraud not a compelling reason? Fair elections is a staple of Democracy right? Make all state id's free. I find it extremely difficult to believe a adult human can't find a way to get an id. You have years in between each election to make time and find a way to get one. The government could help get these people ID's, but everyone should have some form of id.

You seem to be hung up on the concept that there shouldn't be anyone without valid ID.

Well there are people like that out there. Many of them. Whether you can understand or approve, it's true. And there can be many reasons. Say someone that never drives and so never got a license, or hasn't had it renewed in like 20 years. For example: the elderly. Who have difficulty getting around and so a trip down to the DMV is not as simple as it is for you and me (fock, even I don't have the g0ddamned time to deal with the DMV).

Then you've got people who forget their ID. They gotta go home, get it, go back to the polls, and potentially wait in line again? Not gonna happen.

So accepting all those scenarios and more, are you willing to throw ALL of those people under the bus -- take away their fundamental right to vote -- just to fix a problem that hardly even exists?

It's focking absurd. And undemocratic. Putin would approve

You seem to be hung up on the concept that there shouldn't be anyone without valid ID.

Well there are people like that out there. Many of them. Whether you can understand or approve, it's true. And there can be many reasons. Say someone that never drives and so never got a license, or hasn't had it renewed in like 20 years. For example: the elderly. Who have difficulty getting around and so a trip down to the DMV is not as simple as it is for you and me (fock, even I don't have the g0ddamned time to deal with the DMV).

Then you've got people who forget their ID. They gotta go home, get it, go back to the polls, and potentially wait in line again? Not gonna happen.

So accepting all those scenarios and more, are you willing to throw ALL of those people under the bus -- take away their fundamental right to vote -- just to fix a problem that hardly even exists?

This entire reasoning is absurd.. Anybody who can make a trip to vote can make a trip to the DMV... :doh:

You need an ID for too many things in life, voting should simply be another one of them.

• Like 1

If true, that should be shut down and the people in charge should be charged

I don't know this to be fact, only that quite a few locals corroborate the narritive. One really old guy told me it's been going on for all of his 83 years. And in the same geopraphical spot albeit just a shed in the 1950s.

Some country bumpkin alcoholics think they are republican for just that reason.

Honestly, that area is mostly republican anyway.

Also, the sheriff is republican as is the federal judge. And has always been from what I'm told.

Say someone that never drives and so never got a license, or hasn't had it renewed in like 20 years. For example: the elderly. Who have difficulty getting around and so a trip down to the DMV is not as simple as it is for you and me

State-issued ID cards are a thing in every DMV in every state.

Don't want to deal with the DMV? Go to the post office and file for a passport.

Can't even ask our citizens to get a freakin ID. Not work, not pay taxes, not obey the law even. Don't have to do any of that. Yet we ask our military to risk their lives and sometimes give their lives so people can participate in democracy. Liberals. Can't live with em, can't bash their heads in and knock some sense into them.

Can't even ask our citizens to get a freakin ID. Not work, not pay taxes, not obey the law even. Don't have to do any of that. Yet we ask our military to risk their lives and sometimes give their lives so people can participate in democracy. Liberals. Can't live with em, can't bash their heads in and knock some sense into them.

stop threatening to reduce their ability to cheat you racist mutha focker

Look what our favorite lemming found.

1. Date on 2nd tape is 9/18/2016...months after primaries were over.

2. That's a video showing voter fraud in Russia. :doh:

Give me some time, I'm sure I'll find more mistakes.

ETA: Another one time stamped 9/18/2016, which was the DATE of a RUSSIAN ELECTION!!!!

Youtube story about Russian Election corruption.

For the win - Round 1 TKO. :first:

So, let me get your opinion correct here. To prove who you are in order to vote is Putin like? To make sure people are voting legally is Putin like? That's what you're saying? You're comparing voter id laws to a murdering, authoritarian, communist mad man?? That's what you're saying?

Now, tell me how you feel about another constitutional right. The 2nd amendment. Should people need id's to purchase guns? Should people have to prove they're not a felon? How about a national registry? Those are Putin like no?

Okay, let's unpack your argument as per the article you linked to:

1. Dead people voting in Colorado.

Six votes cast for three dead people over a span of five years. 1.2 fraudulent votes a year.

2. Illegals found voting in Virginia; only discovered after they self-reported.

Illegal aliens registered to vote. No evidence they actually voted, though.

3. Some Pennsylvania citizens voting twice.

People “might have cast two ballots”, and voters had “potentially” duplicate registrations.

4. Illegal voters uncovered in Philadelphia; half had previously voted.

43 voters not eligible to vote voted in Philadelphia in “recent elections” (out of hundreds of thousands of votes cast). Hyperventilating “watchdog” Public Interest Legal Foundation guy says its “only the tip of the iceberg”.

5. Voter rigging triggers probe in Texas.

“Allegations”. “Concerns”. No actual proof of anything.

6. Indiana voter fraud investigation grows to 56 counties.

“Possible voter registration fraud”, suspicion of “hundreds” of fraudulent registrations. Any proof of actual fraudulent voting? No.

7. Three under investigation in Oklahoma for voting twice in the presidential primary.

Three people voted twice. Three.

8. Election fraud in Kentucky.

Intimidation and interfering with an elections officer by one guy. Did he vote more than once?

9. Underage voters found voting in Wisconsin’s presidential primary.

Six cases in a primary.

10. Voter registration cards sent to illegals in Pennsylvania.

Registration cards sent to licensed drivers, seven people said they got them in error. No evidence that anyone ineligible to vote actually voted or attempted to vote.

So, by my count, that's 58 votes cast fraudulently over a wide area and number of years. Out of hundreds of millions of votes cast. Which is pretty much what every study on voter fraud has basically come up with.

This is the kind of evidence that's causing Republicans to be apoplectic this election season? FYI, suspicion, allegations, and concerns don't count as evidence of anything, except to those who already believe voter fraud is a problem.

Good for you guys, I guess.

If no one catches someone committing a crime, does that mean the crime hasn't been committed? None of my mattresses have their tags on them, yet I remain free.

If no one catches someone committing a crime, does that mean the crime hasn't been committed? None of my mattresses have their tags on them, yet I remain free.

I would just expect that with the level of whining about it by Republicans, someone might actually have proof of it.

:dunno:

Okay, let's unpack your argument as per the article you linked to:

So, by my count, that's 58 votes cast fraudulently over a wide area and number of years. Out of hundreds of millions of votes cast. Which is pretty much what every study on voter fraud has basically come up with.

This is the kind of evidence that's causing Republicans to be apoplectic this election season? FYI, suspicion, allegations, and concerns don't count as evidence of anything, except to those who already believe voter fraud is a problem.

Good for you guys, I guess.

Ok. I'll concede that in those examples it was possibly 58. Possibly because you or anyone else can't prove that it wasn't in the thousands. To be honest tho, nobody knows what extent it occurs. I believe it does. Not to the extent to change a presidential election, but could down ballot tickets. I simply want people to prove who they are when they vote. I also belive that getting id's should be as easy and cheap/free as possible. If people can find time to vote, eat out, go to a movie, they can find time to get an id. They need an hour or two, for one day, every few years to get one.

Man every time this topic comes up I just have to shake my head. Can't believe the ignorance some of you stupid motherfockers spout on this subject. I mean we're talking about the most basic and fundamental right in a democracy here :thumbsdown:

Man every time this topic comes up I just have to shake my head. Can't believe the ignorance some of you stupid motherfockers spout on this subject. I mean we're talking about the most basic and fundamental right in a democracy here :thumbsdown:

Applying the Newbie troll tact now? Sad, even for you.

Applying the Newbie troll tact now? Sad, even for you.

No, I genuinely weep for this country. That there are so many people who think like you, who are so willing to undermine fundamental tenets of democracy for some perceived political edge. It's focking disgusting.

I hope some protruding forehead Trumptard tries to step to me on election day. I'll be like, "dude, sssh, but this is my third time voting today. For Trump. Cool, right?"

No, I genuinely weep for this country. That there are so many people who think like you, who are so willing to undermine fundamental tenets of democracy for some perceived political edge. It's focking disgusting.

I don't want just democrats to have to have a valid ID, I want everyone to. No political edge is sought. Just some common sense, and then we can dispel with all this voter fraud talk every year.

I don't want just democrats to have to have a valid ID, I want everyone to. No political edge is sought. Just some common sense, and then we can dispel with all this voter fraud talk every year.

Same here. And since it the most basic and fundamental act to a democracy, it should be protected, honored and free of potential fraud. Id's will help :thumbsup:

I hope some protruding forehead Trumptard tries to step to me on election day. I'll be like, "dude, sssh, but this is my third time voting today. For Trump. Cool, right?"

Not cool.

Same here. And since it the most basic and fundamental act to a democracy, it should be protected, honored and free of potential fraud. Id's will help :thumbsup:

This, obviously this.

There is no room for common sense on the left, just look at Worms having a mental focking breakdown over it.

This, obviously this.

There is no room for common sense on the left, just look at Worms having a mental focking breakdown over it.

I agree. Gun ownership is another basic fundamental/constitutional right of our democracy, but liberals have no problem with restricting it. I guess it just depends on which constitutional right they dislike. So when they claim infringement of basic constitutional rights, it just hypocrisy.

Geesus, a bullshiit thread prompted by a proven bullshiit video posted by a proven bullshiit troll about a subject he wouldn't be speaking of if his hero Trump didn't keep bringing it up - without offering anyproof - and summarily rejected as invalid by both parties - and his own running mate and campaign staff.

...And it's gone three pages.

Only here .. :doh: :doh:

• Like 1

It's too bad that paid clinton Democrat operative exposed them for what we already knew they were. :(

The worms/mickeys/sniffles/ of the world could have a point but nope. It's over, exposed, cheating dirty violent Hacks.

:( poor guys

Screaming and crying with your fingers in your ears or covering your eyes in denial is making this boogie monster go away. He's real.

Nobody out in early voting here. Bunch of old focks and those running for Senate in my district.

Would have laughed had a Trump guy tried talking to me.

Donald Trump’s campaign manager on Wednesday rebutted a central claim the GOP nominee has been making in recent weeks ― that the election is being stolen at the polls due to voter fraud.

“No, I do not believe that,” Kellyanne Conway said during an interview on MSNBC. “So absent overwhelming evidence that there is, it would not be for me to say that there is. We know in the past, we know that people who are dead are still on the voter rolls, we know that people are voting a couple of different times in places. You do hear reports here and there.”

I don't understand how American citizens just dismiss voter fraud as inconsequential. It gets pushed aside or explained away because it doesn't happen "enough". What's enough? I'd really like to know? To me 1 is to much. Down ballot tickets could absolutely be affected by a small amount of fraudulent votes.

There's proof of voter fraud in the thousands. Yet that gets dismissed away. That's not counting the other tens of thousands that probably get away with it since we can't put better/tougher voter laws in place without being called racist. To me, it's completely un-American to not want fair and fraudulent free voting, yet it's id laws and proof of who you say you are that gets called un-American or racist. Seems backwards to me.

As long as their Girl wins, they do not give a fock about anything else. It is BEYOND BELIEF at this point.

:first:

Ya know, I came very close to starting a new thread because this thread is just replete with stupid, but out of respect to the bored, I won't do that. However, I have to say this:

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO IS DEAD OR MOVED IS ON THE VOTER ROLLS, DOESN'T MAKE IT "VOTER FRAUD"!

Geesus, I just got done listening to some bimbette Trump supporter keep trying to say that ":there are hundreds of thousands of cases of voter fraud!"

No, NO there's not.

My Dad is very likely still registered to vote. He's been dead 4 years. I know I sure as hell didn't think to 'de-register' him when I was arranging for his burial.

IF and ONLY IF someone were to show up and use my Dad's voter ID card, his Driver's license and vote under his name, THAT would be voter fraud. How hard is that to understand? Hell, I'm probably still on the voting rolls in Harris Co, Texas. I know I sure as hell didn't do

anything to fix that.

Why is this so focking hard to understand? And, this is why when on a fairly regular basis, when there are no other ways to go, we hear "Why are "lib-bots" SO arrogant? They think we're all STOOPID!"

(Of course, these days, 'lib-bots' are 80% of the GOP too

Well, stupid shiit like this is why these people look so focking stupid and why anybody with an IQ over 8 condescend to them.

The worst part is, Trump's people must think that the people they're speaking to are that stupid to actually believe it. The sad part? It's usually true.

Ya know, I came very close to starting a new thread because this thread is just replete with stupid, but out of respect to the bored, I won't do that. However, I have to say this:

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO IS DEAD OR MOVED IS ON THE VOTER ROLLS, DOESN'T MAKE IT "VOTER FRAUD"!

Geesus, I just got done listening to some bimbette Trump supporter keep trying to say that ":there are hundreds of thousands of cases of voter fraud!"

No, NO there's not.

My Dad is very likely still registered to vote. He's been dead 4 years. I know I sure as hell didn't think to 'de-register' him when I was arranging for his burial.

IF and ONLY IF someone were to show up and use my Dad's voter ID card, his Driver's license and vote under his name, THAT would be voter fraud. How hard is that to understand? Hell, I'm probably still on the voting rolls in Harris Co, Texas. I know I sure as hell didn't do

anything to fix that.

Why is this so focking hard to understand? And, this is why when on a fairly regular basis, when there are no other ways to go, we hear "Why are "lib-bots" SO arrogant? They think we're all STOOPID!"

(Of course, these days, 'lib-bots' are 80% of the GOP too

Well, stupid shiit like this is why these people look so focking stupid and why anybody with an IQ over 8 condescend to them.

The worst part is, Trump's people must think that the people they're speaking to are that stupid to actually believe it. The sad part? It's usually true.

You might have a case if you actually needed an ID to vote.

You might have a case if you actually needed an ID to vote.

Varies by state. But let me dumb this down for you. If you don't vote fraudulently it's not voter fraud. If there are 1000 people who died or moved On the voter rolls and nobody votes under any of those thousand names, it is not voter fraud. Yet we've got Trumpets running all over the place saying there are thousands of cases of voter fraud!

It's really not that hard.