Unless someone knows off the top of their head, I'd be really curious to find out whether the Germans broke up families before loading them on trains to the death camps. I don't think they did. Too many stories of children being in the camps and seeing their parents or grandparents or other relative die. Too many older Jews who got their wrist tattooed when they were little children. So, even the Nazis had their limit?
It both amazes and disgusts me the number of grown-ass adults who can't go to a movie, go out to eat, go to a bar on their own. They get this junior high voice in their head saying everybody will be looking at me!😭
Nobody gives a f*ck. Grow up.
My brother falls into that category. Dude is now almost 60 years old. But never in his life was he able to function on his own. Probably explains why he's on his third wife.
I go visit him in whatever state and we could go somewhere close by and it say something like this is great! You come here a lot? He looks down and says no, I didn't have anybody to go with. Jeezus
To me, that's part of being a fuking adult. Not giving two fux about Junior High shyt like that.
I used to travel a lot for work. I find the same kind of people. Some would insist that after spending all freaking day together, we had to go to dinner and blah blah blah together. Could smell the desperation. Others? Would literally travel with a box of cereal in their luggage. Theyd order milk, a bowl and a spoon from room service and sit in their room after all the work stuff was done and eat cereal and watch TV. God damn
Honestly, I'd feel a whole lot gayer going to the movie theater with another guy than going alone.
Every one of the things below has a historical precedent. Fairly recent one too. Using these presidents, it's not too hard to figure out what's going to happen.
1. Trump's already telegraphed his punch. He wants to bring Kim to his Turf. Mara Lago. This is going to end up being As Trump has already alluded, building a wonderful relationship. There will be some window-dressing, a lot of promises, and a few things that don't ultimately amount to much. Kim is already done the same thing with South Korea. So we know what's on his game plan.
2. Anybody who thinks Kim anytime soon is going to start destroying existing nuclear weapons has a really short memory. Saddam to his own detriment wouldn't even reveal to his own troops that he didn't possibly have wmds all the way up to and Beyond The Invasion. He was terrified of his own troops over throwing him. If you read up on it, he deliberately had various units of the Republican guard thinking the other guys had the chemical or biological weapons that they would use on their own troops if they cowered to the Americans. Discount restive generals from killing Saddam. It certainly wasn't his bubbly personality.
3. After absolutely screwing the pooch in Canada. Which should have been a freaking lay up. There's no way Trump wants to be seen as botching two foreign policy trips back to back. Which means right now? Kim has the upper hand by far.
4. China wants the South Korean market. There's a huge run on real estate in extreme Southern China. Specifically along the North Korean border. There's no fuking money in North Korea. China wants Trump to drop any restrictions between South Korea and China trade.
Specific prediction? Trump will announce that HE (in quotes) opened up trade routes between North Korea and South Korea. Which opens up effectively China to South Korea. When in fact, it would be South Korea who actually had to agree to such a thing.
6. Economically, this is no different than East Germany. Ask the West Germans what a money pit that place was for well over a decade. North Korea needs a ###### ton of capital just to get to the point where they could start to be economically independent.
7. The difference between say Germany and North Korea is that remember that North Korea has been incredibly isolated for Generations now. Damn literally hate America. They literally fear for their lives from America. Because for Generations they've been told to do so. For Generations they've been on the receiving end of the most awful kind of propaganda. And, unlike Europe, they really have very few sources of outside information. So, don't expect a moment like tear down this wall mr. Gorbachev.
Everyday North Koreans want to see their relatives in South Korea and vice versa. But as far as America goes? They could go screw.
We'll see some loosening on trade. South Korea's already worked that out with North Korea. Trump's basically there just rubber stamp it. Remember, it was South Korea that showed up uninvited to the White House to start this whole process in the first place. They've been doing a whole lot negotiation while we didn't even have a fuking Ambassador in our secretary of state had been fired.
The real key will be if Japan and other Asian allies decide to back South Korea is play. They're none too happy about the idea of China basically dominating the Korean peninsula.