Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

When is the last time you've flown a kite?

Years ago while perusing the local Sam's Club I came across a display for kites. Not your normal two dollar plastic kids kite. This was a thirty dollar man kite made out of nylon and prolly a good 6 ft wide from tip to tip. I think my roll of string was 500 ft and I had her up almost to the bare spool before I started reeling her back in. You could barely see her. What's that in the air? A bird? A plane? Mind your own focking business, how 'bout that? Anyway, I haven't flown her again in years but about this time every year I get the itch. The ole kite itch. Those who fly the nylon will know what I'm talking about.

Anybody want to go fly a kite with me tonight? I hear it's great weather for flying KITES. I wonder if there are any KITES around here we could fly.

I bought one of those for my kids last summer. We took it out in the pontoon and cruised the lake. :thumbsup:

Anybody want to go fly a kite with me tonight? I hear it's great weather for flying KITES. I wonder if there are any KITES around here we could fly.

Pretty sure you will overcome your kite flying issues by the third reel. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I believe it was right before I took a long walk off a short pier. <_<

I believe it was right before I took a long walk off a short pier. <_<

I tried to fly one about awhile back, but my rope was too wet from being pissed upon.

Its got to have been 8-10 years but yeah, I can understand the itch. I live close enough to the ocean so when we take a trip to the beach and the cheap kites are out I really feel like going back in time to that dual line stunt kite we had. Never tried the quad. They looked cool.

A good friend of mine bought a cheap bat kite. Black with big yellow eyes to fly on his pontoon.

We were anchored and decided to let it fly tied to a rod and reel. Engaged the reel after feeding out line and it was immediately snatched out of his hands.

Stood there in silence while watched a $150 rod and reel + kite sail away into the distance at 15-20 mph while gaining altitude never to be seen again.

Comes up in conversation occasionally and it's always good for a laugh.

• Like 1

A good friend of mine bought a cheap bat kite. Black with big yellow eyes to fly on his pontoon.

We were anchored and decided to let it fly tied to a rod and reel. Engaged the reel after feeding out line and it was immediately snatched out of his hands.

Stood there in silence while watched a $150 rod and reel + kite sail away into the distance at 15-20 mph while gaining altitude never to be seen again.

Comes up in conversation occasionally and it's always good for a laugh.

That's funny.

When I was like 8 maybe.

Its pretty popular here. They do the kite fighting thing where you try to cut the other guys string. That looks more fun.

I read about that in a book years ago. I think it was Afghanistan. The Kite Runner. It does sound fun.

I have only flown a cheap kite when I was a kid. Line would get tangled, kite would end up in the electrical line or tree, or I would just get bored with it.

I read about that in a book years ago. I think it was Afghanistan. The Kite Runner. It does sound fun.

Yeah. I think its big all over Asia. Or was. Urbanization has made it harder probably.