Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

*** 80's Song Draft *** Completed

amazing he hadn't been picked

I was going to comment. 215 songs picked and first Billy Joel song is 216.

His best stuff was in the 70s.

Agreed, and personally I'd have gone Glass Houses, but it's great to have him in here. :cheers:

• Like 1

His best stuff was in the 70s.

:nono:

No tips for 70's draft.

Agreed, and personally I'd have gone Glass Houses, but it's great to have him in here. :cheers:

Totally agree. GH has a bunch of hits. 1980.

Went with WDSTF as I feel an iconic song. 1989.

Billy Joel had a large number of great 80s songs.

• Like 1

Agreed

Watch out edjr they're turning on you. :o

And most of them sucked. Gimme Piano Man from 73 for my favorite

And most of them sucked. Gimme Piano Man from 73 for my favorite

Correct.

Captain Jack, Movin Out, Shes Always a Woman, Only the Good Die Young, Big Shot, Shes got a Way, basically the entire Stranger album

Vs.

Uptown Girl, Allentown, We didnt Start the Fire, Its Still Rock and Roll and You May Be Right

No contest.

He and Elton have had very similar career trajectories.

70s Elton was great. 80s Elton got lame and sappy.

• Like 1

Uptown Girl, Allentown, We didnt Start the Fire, Its Still Rock and Roll and You May Be Right

Is it that you didn't like these songs or that they didn't measure up to his 70s songs?

if anyone would like a sneak peak of the compilation pm me, I dont want to post it til its complete but I have been working on this a couple days

I was already curious as to what what you were up to as you already seemed pretty giddy to share. PM forrthcoming momentarily.

Is it that you didn't like these songs or that they didn't measure up to his 70s songs?

Id give his 80s songs a B-/C+ while his 70a stuff was an A+.

Id give his 80s songs a B-/C+ while his 70a stuff was an A+.

I am drunk asa mofther right now but when i read this oh hell yes!

Captian Jak my fav but these lyris are so fockin real

and the best song on Gh

I am drunk asa mofther right now but when i read this oh hell yes!

Captian Jak my fav but these lyris are so fockin real

I'd not heard that before but your assessment is spot on. I'd imagine it's just like this for him.

if anyone would like a sneak peak of the compilation pm me, I dont want to post it til its complete but I have been working on this a couple days

RHR sent me the sneak peak.

spoiler below:

He's linking videos for all our stuff so it's all in one place, he's about two thirds caught up to where we are.

RHR- When you get to Boys of Summer by Don Henley, for some reason neither nzoner nor fandandy could find it; I did't have any trouble and I posted the youtube link yesterday.

• Like 1

um spoiler alert? lol

OK done.

I intend to lend an ear to every song that we draft. Most songs I recognize going in, a handful I don't. Thus far, I'm through round five and intend to finish round six before I go to bed. I've only had six songs that I cut out on early because I either couldn't stand or got bored with, but for the most part, I hear them all the way through.

6.11. What I Like About You- The Romantics.

I like your draft a lot better now that than when we were picking them. I didn't recognize this song when you took it and had low expectations going in, but I was wrong; it's really catchy. And it's not the first time you gave me a pleasant surprise either. I though the Grandmaster Flash song was going to be some awful rap song perhaps and was expecting to get out of there with a quickness but no, it was a great song and it hooked me right from the beginning. I was happy to be wrong there too.

At the time, these two songs were just names on a list, but now that I'm actually taking the time to listen I appreciate them much more.

15:07 Send Me An Angel - Real Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6WIbx8ysE

Won't find this on any top 100, or hell even 200, top hits list........But it certainly makes my team.

Fock yeah. Take who you like, damn the torpedoes. Don't get in line with what everybody else likes because everybody else likes it.

As for this song itself. it's fine. It's better IMO than a number of more popular songs that have made this list.

I like your draft a lot better now that than when we were picking them. I didn't recognize this song when you took it and had low expectations going in, but I was wrong; it's really catchy. And it's not the first time you gave me a pleasant surprise either. I though the Grandmaster Flash song was going to be some awful rap song perhaps and was expecting to get out of there with a quickness but no, it was a great song and it hooked me right from the beginning. I was happy to be wrong there too.

At the time, these two songs were just names on a list, but now that I'm actually taking the time to listen I appreciate them much more.

Thanks Volty. I wish I had a do over for a couple, but I changed strategies a few times. Should have just posted what I like. My last pick will be, in my opinion, my best.

It's midnight, do I wait for two more songs or do I send two picks to vudu and go to bed?

I don't have to wake up in the morning, I think I'll stick a bit more.

I wasn't sure it was the right thing to skip ed without letting the 24 hour clock expire again but seeing how much ground we've covered because we did so, I'm warming to the idea.

It's midnight, do I wait for two more songs or do I send two picks to vudu and go to bed?

I don't have to wake up in the morning, I think I'll stick a bit more.

I hope you do .... eventually wake up !

I hope you do .... eventually wake up !

Maybe 10 or 11 as usual. Since I stopped working at that kindergarten, I've gotten use to staying up late to chat with you folks. I work weekends and evenings now and Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are free all day.

Over your head.

When someone says I don't have to wake up in the morning I say yeah you do unless you plan on dying in your sleep

:wave:

Over your head.

When someone says I don't have to wake up in the morning I say yeah you do unless you plan on dying in your sleep

:wave:

No. I picked up on it. I just felt like explaining anyway.

2-3 artists who are considered tremendous icons of 80's music are still yet to be represented. Sorta amazing in a way, but also very telling about their music.

We'll see if anyone picks a song of theirs. I know it won't be me.

2-3 artists who are considered tremendous icons of 80's music are still yet to be represented. Sorta amazing in a way, but also very telling about their music.

Chicks?

Easily one of my favorite songs of all time,in fact a line from it has been my sig for years.....Nothing matters but the weekend,from a Tuesday point of view.

This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide-The Kings

Do they happen to both be women? If they are, we are prolly thinking of the same 2.

my next pick is still in heavy classic rock radio rotation and it's artist/band is only represented here once.

Do they happen to both be women? If they are, we are prolly thinking of the same 2.

2 guys, and 1 woman. One of the guys has a song I considered, but it's just not good enough to beat out any of my other picks.

eta: I think I just figured out the other chick you're thinking about.

2 guys, and 1 woman. One of the guys has a song I considered, but it's just not good enough to beat out any of my other picks.

eta: I think I just figured out the other chick you're thinking about.

You'll have to let us know after draft is over.

sent a list to cruzer,

dont want to upset any more of the petulant little b1tches