Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

White House says US mission in Syria coming to 'rapid end'

Seriously? This is a whole new level of crazy from the board trumptards. You honestly are defending Assad? You're saying he didn't gas his own people this time? And that our own CIA did it? I just want to be very clear on this.

Wow.

We need to pull out of Syria. It is not possible to win a war in the middle East.

There is no point in removing assad from power. Even though he is a horrible human being removing him from power will not improve the lives of anyone in the middle East.

It is a no win situation, let Russia waste their resources if they want to fight in the middle East.

I agree with this completely.

I dont think just pulling out and not looking back is an answer.

Sounds great and all til we see what Iran and Russia do there.

Then realize thats Turkey is watching too with the fate of the Kurds involved there.

I think Iraq and Syria are quite a bit different situations first of all. So the power vacuum inthe area with Iraq isnt the same as of Assad is removed. However...Putins supportof Assad makes ousting him quite complicated.

I dont think its either leave or oust him as the only two port...which is why I said I have not criticized both options (because I didnt).

My opinion...as long as he is gassing people we cant just pull out. We need to work with Nato and others so its isnt just us bs Assad and Putin.

That doesnt mean stay forever...it doesnt mean oust Assad.

What is your opinion of what we should do?

Dont deflect...if you need my options (despiteme not being president or having foreign policy experience)...surely you can give yours as well.

I actually don't have much of an opinion on Syria. Hence why I don't criticize the moves of the white house. My opinion is we don't belong there. If ISIS regrouped there, that's Russia and Assads issue. It's also my opinion that Syria is a NATO issue. Not ours. If Trump decides to stay, I'm ok, not thrilled, but ok with it. If he pulls back, I'm ok with that also.

The complexity of the Syria issue is a no win. So I'm not going to complain over every little thing he does with Syria.

I actually don't have much of an opinion on Syria. Hence why I don't criticize the moves of the white house. My opinion is we don't belong there. If ISIS regrouped there, that's Russia and Assads issue. It's also my opinion that Syria is a NATO issue. Not ours. If Trump decides to stay, I'm ok, not thrilled, but ok with it. If he pulls back, I'm ok with that also.

The complexity of the Syria issue is a no win. So I'm not going to complain over every little thing he does with Syria.

Whines about me...then doesnt have his own opinion?

FFS man.

I didnt complain about every little thing he did about it.

Thats the point.

Whines about me...then doesnt have his own opinion?

FFS man.

I didnt complain about every little thing he did about it.

Thats the point.

I posted my opinion. I'm good with whatever they decide as long as it's not an invasion of Syria.

I posted my opinion. I'm good with whatever they decide as long as it's not an invasion of Syria.

I agree with no invasion.

I dont think the world can just look theother way to those attacks...as I said the situation in Turkey with the Kurds could take a nasty turn too.

I don't know who did this, but it makes zero sense assad would gas his own people.

Does anyone have a reason?

I don't know who did this, but it makes zero sense assad would gas his own people.

The rebels are talking about leaving now.

He has done it before.

Do focking nutjobs need some perfect reason for you all to admit the obvious? Its possible someone else did it...but not probable at all.

Do focking nutjobs need some perfect reason for you all to admit the obvious

And people can’t figure out why sho gets crap here.

Lol😂

And people cant figure out why sho gets crap here.

What we cant figure out is why the same 5-6 posters hang on his every word.

We need to pull out of Syria. It is not possible to win a war in the middle East.

There is no point in removing assad from power. Even though he is a horrible human being removing him from power will not improve the lives of anyone in the middle East.

It is a no win situation, let Russia waste their resources if they want to fight in the middle East.

This.

Actually its easy to win a war in the Middle East. Its winning the peace that is impossible.

This situation has too many players. Assad. Russia. Iran via their militias. Us.

There is zero chances that something positive gets created by extending our involvement. Just blow up the isis focks and get out of dodge.

I can't figure out why anyone in their right mind would smoke heroin.

The fact you defend him shows why you smoked heroin. You are clueless. Oh..and you report people too....what’s wrong with you?

The fact you defend him shows why you smoked heroin. You are clueless. Oh..and you report people too....whats wrong with you?

He's a rat. Be careful with him.

You know, this place has always been rife with childish slapfighting, but damn its gotten pathetic lately. You guys arent even very good at this.

Its Hawker and a troll from FBG. What do you expect?

He's a rat. Be careful with him.

Let him report me. I havent done anything wrong. Mike was smart to give sho a long timeout and he should be banned like Junior. They are toxic to this place and deserve to be called out for it.

Its Hawker and a troll from FBG. What do you expect?

What’s wrong with you? You get off on being a Richard to people. That’s messed up.

I just puked as I agree too. Am I becoming a liberal?

I think a rather large chunk of the American electorate is pretty much over the whole global policeman role. Goes double for the Middle East.

I mean the record of foreign policy success stories vs colossal failures in terms of interventions to, has not been good since WWII.

Korea. Vietnam. Iraq. Afghanistan. Haiti. Somalia. Syria. Etc. and so on.

I am good with not being the world police any more

but all those countries dont get to migrate here, screw them all

What are we going to do with the 750,000,000 in military spending though? Cant prop up the entire economy with the war machine, without the war machine.

I am good with not being the world police any more

but all those countries dont get to migrate here, screw them all

Ditto

What are we going to do with the 750,000,000 in military spending though? Cant prop up the entire economy with the war machine, without the war machine.

We could build a wall around our southern border and round up illegal alien criminals. That shouid keep it going for a while.

We could build a wall around our southern border and round up illegal alien criminals. That shouid keep it going for a while.

Are you talking about illegal aliens who committed crimes here, or just all illegal aliens (who are criminals by being here illegally).

Beucause, If anything getting rid of illegal migrants will have a negative impact on the agriculture industry, which is the 4th biggest part of our economy.

Are you talking about illegal aliens who committed crimes here, or just all illegal aliens (who are criminals by being here illegally).

Beucause, If anything getting rid of illegal migrants will have a negative impact on the agriculture industry, which is the 4th biggest part of our economy.

A criminal is a criminal.
  • Like 1

Mostly the illegals who happen to be criminals. If you're here illegally but stay off the radar I'm not going to go nuts, but if you have a kid here that doesn't mean you're in. I'm for work visas for agricultural workers.

Mostly the illegals who happen to be criminals. If you're here illegally but stay off the radar I'm not going to go nuts, but if you have a kid here that doesn't mean you're in. I'm for work visas for agricultural workers.

I agree. Although that will probably lead to higher prices of agriculture.

But back on subject, military spending accounts for like 60% of discretional spending. 10% of factory output in the US goes into producing weapons, that are then sold to the Defense Department. If were not going to be world police, we dont need to spend 5x more than any other country on our military. We can only sell so many jets to Saudi Arabia. Our entire economy will collapse. The war machine is what keeps this freight training moving.

the guys in the military can do those jobs, since they make on average less than 100$ a day anyways

I agree. Although that will probably lead to higher prices of agriculture.

But back on subject, military spending accounts for like 60% of discretional spending. 10% of factory output in the US goes into producing weapons, that are then sold to the Defense Department. If were not going to be world police, we dont need to spend 5x more than any other country on our military. We can only sell so many jets to Saudi Arabia. Our entire economy will collapse. The war machine is what keeps this freight training moving.

Well we would need to keep a healthy percentage. Half or so maybe.

The rest we could invest in things like decent infrastructure and whatnot.

Hell, give the troops a big raise and good medical care while youre at it.

And we still would export weapons of course. Israel and Taiwan and Japan and Korea and etc. need toys from somewhere.

Trump wants out of Syria, then suddenly something happens to keep us in. Seems fishy to me.

Trump wants out of Syria, then suddenly something happens to keep us in. Seems fishy to me.

Trump tweets that he's lost interest in Syria. assad realizes he can do whatever the he wants. Not that fishy at all.

Remember this was the guy who criticized the past president for telegraphing his punches?

Trump tweets that he's lost interest in Syria. assad realizes he can do whatever the ###### he wants. Not that fishy at all.

Remember this was the guy who criticized the past president for telegraphing his punches?

Ummm. Trump wants out, which means leaving Assan in. Now Assad pulls us back in? You really believe that? Really?

Ummm. Trump wants out, which means leaving Assan in. Now Assad pulls us back in? You really believe that? Really?

Jesus..

Face palm

Yes, I believe a crazy man who has used such weapons in his people...did so again and got the desired result of rebels leaving this city.

And he knows the consequences even with the US engaged have been for us to blow up an airport that they quickly fix and use again.