Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks IN-Season Thread 2014-15***

Too bad the 11 1/2th men left the field and didn't see it. :lol:

It irritates me to no end that a bunch of so-called 12's couldn't stick around with 5 minutes to go to root for their team, even if the team had stunk for the first 55 minutes and even if the odds of survival were low. I'd like to believe that the ones who left were the bandwagoners who suddenly discovered the team last year, the ones who could afford scalpers' prices for this game. Old-time fans like myself (Kenny Easley was my favorite player) lived through a ton of mediocre years to enjoy the last two. Screw those fair-weather assclowns.

It irritates me to no end that a bunch of so-called 12's couldn't stick around with 5 minutes to go to root for their team, even if the team had stunk for the first 55 minutes and even if the odds of survival were low. I'd like to believe that the ones who left were the bandwagoners who suddenly discovered the team last year, the ones who could afford scalpers' prices for this game. Old-time fans like myself (Kenny Easley was my favorite player) lived through a ton of mediocre years to enjoy the last two. Screw those fair-weather assclowns.

Hear hear!

Good to see Packer fan hanging his hat on the fact that a couple of stragglers left the NFCCG early.

Good to see Packer fan hanging his hat on the fact that a couple of stragglers left the NFCCG early.

Aw. Did your puddy get smushed? :nono:

Sack up. You obviously have extremely thin skin to feel the need to classlessly lash out as you have. Enjoy the SuperBowl - Seahawks are going to win - and grow up some.

Alright fellas, it's prediction time. 12th men unite. Gimmie the score and MVP. I'm going Seattle 26-New England 23 And just like last years unpredictable mvp. I think this year will be the same. I'm gonna go with the O though. Luke Willson wins the MVP.

Alright fellas, it's prediction time. 12th men unite. Gimmie the score and MVP. I'm going Seattle 26-New England 23 And just like last years unpredictable mvp. I think this year will be the same. I'm gonna go with the O though. Luke Willson wins the MVP.

Can I give 2 predictions. :)

I think it's either a VERY close game which would be my first prediction, however I think there is a chance for a double digit win by us also.

Hawks 27-24

If Brady gets rattled or things go just right I'll say: Hawks 27 -14

MVP in both cases = R. Wilson

(No surprise sleeper this year. It will be a big name I think. Maybe Lynch)

I'll say it's 14-14 at the half.

GO HAWKS :first:

Going with Hawks 31 Pats 27 and DangeRuss is the MVP.

I don't see NE putting up above 20 on SEA. I'm going to go 27-20 SEA. I said 30-20 before; I'm revising it down just a bit.

What really intrigues me about this matchup is the same thing that makes it impossible (for me) to predict. Two excellent teams - both of which have earned the right to play in this game - each coached imaginatively, with the real possibility that the MVP may turn out to be someone who would have never occurred to us prior to Sunday.

So yeah...I just dunno. Looking forward to a great game and hoping that the 'Hawks pull it out. That's all I've got.

I was starting to feel a bit optimistic when John Schneider said he had started talking with Byron Maxwell's people with the intention of resigning him.

Then I've been reading stuff from other teams in the NFL that Maxwell's people have let it be known that he is looking for 12 to 13 million per year.

That's insane. Moving on.

I was starting to feel a bit optimistic when John Schneider said he had started talking with Byron Maxwell's people with the intention of resigning him.

Then I've been reading stuff from other teams in the NFL that Maxwell's people have let it be known that he is looking for 12 to 13 million per year.

That's insane. Moving on.

If he can get eight figures, well, god bless him. But it won't be here. Too many other fish to fry, like Wilson and Wagner.

Picking the side: 15-2 (lost at St Louis, lost vs Dallas)

Against the spread: 15-2 (lost at St Louis, lost Green Bay (playoff))

New England Patriots (-1) vs. Seattle Seahawks

Seattle offense is #9 with 375.8 yards per game, New England is #11 with 365.5 ypg

Seattle averages 5.3 yards per rush and #1, New England 3.9 ypr and #18

Seattle is #27 passing offense, New England #9 passing offense

Seattle is #6 in yards per pass play with 7.7, New England is #20 with 7.0 ypp

Seattle is #11 at converting 3rd downs at 42%, New England is #6 converting 3rd downs at 44%

Seattle is #1 total defense giving up 267.1 yards per game, New England #20 giving up 344.1 ypg

Seattle gives up 15.9 points per game and #1, New England #8 with 19.6 ppg

Seattle defense is #8 in allowing 3rd conversions at 37%, New England #16 at 40%

Seattle is the #3 rush defense, New England #9

Seattle allows 3.4 yards per rush which is #2, New England gives up 4.0 and #8

Seattle is #1 vs the pass with 185.6 yards per game, New England #17 with 239.8 ypg

Seattle allows 6.3 yards per pass play and #2, New England #15 with 7.2 yppp

Seattle has outgained 15 of 18 opponents in total yards

Seattle has won their last 8 games, 7 by double digits, covering all but the Green Bay game

Seattle is 14-1 in prime time games in their last 15

Seattle hasn’t lost by double digits, including preseason, during the Russell Wilson era. That is 67 games. That stat would be never lost by more than a TD, but San Diego kicked a last minute FG to win by 9 earlier this year. Those that are predicting a New England blow out win may or may not have seen that information. Another interesting tidbit: Total yards gained from scrimmage for 2014: Tom Brady had 4166 and Russell Wilson had 4324. Yep, Wilson accounted for 158 yards more in offense than Brady. He ran for some yards, but you get the point.

This game reminds me a lot of last year, where the public in general is siding with the glamorous QB in the Super Bowl, and with a lot of short term memory. Whereas everybody remembers Seattle needing to come from way behind to beat Green Bay and that New England blew out an indoor Indianapolis team in outdoor weather two weeks ago, every seems to have forgotten that three weeks ago, Seattle cruised past Carolina while New England needed to come from way behind Baltimore, twice, to eek out a game. So, let’s not get wrapped up in what happened in just the last game. The season, and playoff season, has a certain ebb and flow. I think the odds makers got it right in installing Seattle as the favorite when the line opened, but everybody and their grandmother is tripping over themselves to get fistfuls of dirty filthy cash on New England. Not so fast.

It’s hard to find a statistical edge for New England. New England was a bit better at stopping the run than I initially suspected, coming it at #9 in rush defense and #8 at yards per rush. When you dig deeper, New England was #28 at stopping the run with a hit at the line of scrimmage or behind the line of scrimmage. Seattle was the 6th best in the NFL at not getting a running play stuffed. Seattle happens to be #1 in the NFL in converting 3rd and 2 or less, a down they typically run the ball. New England is #30 in stopping teams on 3rd and 2 or less. Seattle can play smash mouth, and New England can’t stop it. Marshawn Lynch led the league in breaking tackles, well over 100+ tackles broken. NE hasn’t faced the read option all year. That’s an enormous factor. The read option could potentially be a potent weapon in this game. There is reason to believe Seattle can run the ball on New England. Bill Belichick is notorious for game planning to take away your best offensive weapon, but the Seattle rushing attack is Lynch plus Wilson, much harder to corral. NE plays a lot of nickel and dime instead of a base defense. They could try to stack the box to slow down Lynch, and install a spy with Collier or Chung to keep an eye on Wilson, especially on read options. This is basically what every team has been trying to do to Seattle all season, more specifically from Week 11 to now. Everybody tries to bottle up Lynch. And there has been some moderate success, mostly in the first half of games, and then there was a game or two when Lynch was sick on the sidelines vomiting. In the 2nd half, invariably, Lynch has worn down the defense and he goes off for huge chunks of yards. Lynch had a strong game vs. Green Bay from start to finish. The problem was that the ball kept turning over, so the offense couldn’t sustain. But Lynch was picking up yardage all game long. I don’t think NE physically can shut down the Seattle run game. I could be wrong, but I get the impression that the Patriots don’t fare well against the more physical teams. Just look at the playoffs. They had their hands full with the physical Baltimore team. They whipped the finesse Colts. Then you look at New England’s pass defense, which has very good secondary players, mimicking Seattle’s secondary. Hell, Browner was in Seattle’s secondary before all the drug use and losing his gig to Byron Maxwell. It’s a bit surprising to see them at #17 in pass defense. Can Revis and Browner and whatever else NE schemes to use shut down Baldwin and Kearse? Maybe. Baldwin will roam the slot so it’s hard to imagine that he will get a donut. How often do you see Revis in the middle? But if NE stacks the box, Seattle will be able to pop a pass over the front and get some long gainers with the TEs, all of whom can catch the ball and run for a mile and just as easily inexplicably drop it, and there will be plenty of opportunities for the check downs to Lynch and Turbin. Wilson will take a shot or two deep to Kearse and Lockette. With the focus on Baldwin and Kearse, I imagine that Lockette, Norwood, Walters will play a much bigger role than most anticipate. Lockette especially should be able to make an impact, with a deep ball. I look at the NE and Baltimore playoff game, and Baltimoe had a big game passing the ball which included their WRs coming off the bench to make an impact. NE is susceptible to the big play. Brandon Browner is good for at least one big pass interference penalty in this game. With Unger back at center and healthy, that sets up a really key matchup against Wilfork. If Unger can slow down Wilfork, then NE will not be able to slow down Lynch. Wilson did have 4 picks last week. Two of them were very catchable and were tipped up in the air by the WR. There a terrible decision and pass into coverage into the middle into strong winds. And another ball thrown into the corner of the endzone which was knocked down by the wind and picked. I don’t expect much wind in Arizona for this game, and since Wilson had 7 picks this year prior to the Green Bay playoff game, I’m going to take a leap of faith that it was an anomaly. When teams have game planned to stop Lynch since Week 11 and dared Wilson to beat them, Wilson had beat every single opponent in that time frame. He made a late charge to get into MVP conversation. If New England decides to force Wilson to beat them, the kid has the confidence to do it. Seattle will move the ball, settle for FGs too often, but put up points. I think Lynch and Wilson both have pretty good games.

It will be fascinating to see Tom Brady and this offense operate vs. the Seattle defense. New England is not an explosive offense. On a yards per play basis, they are average at best. They are efficient. They convert 44% of their 3rd downs and Brady generally makes good decision with the ball. I can’t imagine Brady will air it out up for grabs down the field all that often. Sherman and Thomas are both fully practicing, so they seem to be ready to go, so I don’t know if they are going to challenge them since both are very adept at causing turnovers. NE could take a page from the San Diego game vs. Seattle, dink and dunk all game long and throw passes up for grabs to a very skilled TE. In fact, going back to the 2012 matchup, when NE had the NFL #1 offense and Seattle had the NFL #1 defense, Brady set a personal record for pass attempts in a game he went 36 for 58 for almost 400 yards. Wilson did OK with almost 300 passing yards, in his rookie year. So there is a precedent for Brady throwing it until his arm falls off and abandoning the run. The risk to this strategy is Kam Chancellor and Bobby Wagner and the rest of the head hunters laying smackdowns over the middle. Last year, Denver talked about how they didn’t expect how physical the Seattle defense was going to be as the Seahawks were ground and pounding their WRs for 4 quarters. Brady could work the sidelines too. The key for Seattle’s defense to slow down Brady is to get after him, like they did vs. Peyton Manning in last year’s Superbowl. You have to live with short pass completions, but you can’t give Brady time in the pocket to survey the field. The NE WRs will run rubs and picks and try to find open pockets of the field to settle into and give Brady targets. Just like the Broncos did last year. Green Bay has a much stronger WR core than NE, and they did limited damage vs. the Seattle secondary. Blount will likely test the middle of Seattle’s defense at some point, and have some success with the lack of depth at the DT for the Seahawks. The Seattle team as a whole has been stout against the run all year, so it’s hard to gauge if New England will enjoy sustained success pounding the rock. I can’t imagine NE game planning to run the ball given the 2012 game. If Seattle can cover Gronkowski with any success at all, it could be a tough day for New England’s offense. Seattle’s defense is the fastest in the NFL, tackles the best, and is punishing. I worry about NE’s misdirection on offense. Eligible lineman and such. I think part of NE’s success in play calling is catching the defense in the wrong formation. Seattle is not imaginative on defense. They line up in the zone cover 3, don’t blitz, and simply dare you to beat them. It’s rare to catch them with their pants down. I really haven’t seen too many breakdowns in coverage this year, even with a bunch of backups playing significant minutes due to injury. The defenders live in the film room and obsessively study film. They mocked Denver last year, saying they knew what play was coming next based on film study. They have done it several times this year after wins; I remember specifically that they bragged that they had the Eagles offense diagnosed immediately. I don’t know if they even did much film study of the Niners since they knew them inside and out. New England will have to somehow find a way to outsmart the Seattle defense without outsmarting themselves Which is possible when you have Brady and the NE coaches. New England will move the ball between the 20’s. Seattle’s defense really gets stingy in the red zone. Last week, Green Bay was gifted 5 turnovers, and scored 16 points off them. GB has a short field all day, living in Seattle territory, and came away with one touchdown.

I think if this game were played 100 times, Seattle would win the game around 75 to 80 times. Injuries, turnovers, and key penalties are all factors that cannot be foreseen or accounted for. Seattle has been masterful at 2nd half adjustments for most of the year, and have been shutting down team’s offenses in the 2nd halves of games for months, but I respect NE’s think tank to not be outcoached. We basically pulled John Fox’s pants down last year in the Bowl and gave him a purple nurple. Not going to happen on Sunday. The crowds in Arizona are decidedly showing many more Seattle fans than New England fans, a ratio estimated to be 4:1 in Seattle’s favor. The 12th man is travelling well. Last year, Denver was caught off guard as to how loud the crowd was pro-Seattle. This will play like a semi-home game for Seattle. I really like this New England team overall, but I think the NFC is the stronger conference and NE hasn’t really faced a tough physical team like Seattle all that often this season, if at all. Buffalo, maybe? Meanwhile, Seattle has been trading punches with the physical teams in NFC West all year, especially down the stretch. I am a firm believer in defense and running games will ultimately win you the game, and Seattle is definitely better in both phases over New England. And when you have an underdog with a better defense and running game, that’s where my money is going. Vegas is rooting for Seattle as a heavy percentage of money is coming in on New England, and the line is not moving anymore. I don’t put any stock in deflating footballs and not talking in interviews and other stuff for extra motivation. If you can’t get fired up for playing in the Superbowl, you don’t belong in this league. Note: Seattle is 14-1 in prime time games in their last 15 opportunities. I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

Seattle Seahawks 32

New England Patriots 16

• Like 1

Great write up once again! I always look forward to hearing your breakdowns of the game and different stats. I think you nailed a lot of my thoughts and perceptions too.

This got me even more fired up. :overhead:

I'm even a little more confident about this game I think now. Especially, when you really think about how GB got so many turnovers and played on our side of the field all day. Giving up the 1 TD to that crew and those good WR's was pretty amazing. You could argue that offense was way more dynamic then what NE is bringing against us. I think we'll be ready to take this SB and I can't see the turnovers like that.

Thanks Phillybear. I was hoping to see this before I checked out for the weekend.

Enjoy the game fellow Hawks fans! Be back next week to hopefully talk about our 2nd championship in a row.

GO HAWKS. :first: :first:

There are numerous rumors circling that the Seahawks have offered Marshawn Lynch a big contract extension, something like 10 million per year. They can't announce anything due to the Super Bowl proximity, but will soon after.

There are numerous rumors circling that the Seahawks have offered Marshawn Lynch a big contract extension, something like 10 million per year. They can't announce anything due to the Super Bowl proximity, but will soon after.

link?

link?

Ian Rappaport just reported it on NFL Network pregame show.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466712/article/seahawks-have-offered-marshawn-lynch-huge-contract-extension?campaign=Twitter_atn

The Seattle Seahawks not only want Marshawn Lynch around next year, but they've made a significant commitment to keep him on their team, possibly, for the rest of his career.

On the heels of another dominant season for the running back nicknamed "Beast Mode," multiple sources tell me Seattle has made Lynch an offer on a huge contract extension that would keep him in a Seahawks uniform for years to come.

The deal is believed to include more than $10 million for Lynch in the 2015 season alone. Lynch currently is slated to make $5 million in 2015, the final year of what originally was a four-year, $31 million deal.The Seahawks believe that Lynch, who has rushed for at least 1,200 yards in each of the past four seasons, has outplayed his contract, sources say. They want to reward him for his work.The new deal for Lynch has been a topic of discussion between Lynch's agent Doug Hendrickson and the Seahawks for the last several weeks. He's the heart-and-soul of their team, which they recognize, and they want him to retire a 'Hawk.

As for his compensation, Lynch could end up being the highest-paid running back not named Adrian Peterson using average-per-year as a measure.

This is a stunning turnaround from where the Seahawks were with Lynch earlier in the season. For a variety of issues -- including Lynch's somewhat chilly relationship with coaches, his age and his hefty salary -- the expectation was that Seattle wouldn't bring Lynch back for another season. But the way Lynch has played and led this team to another Super Bowl forced the Seahawksto reverse course. All this after he held out of training camp last year and then saw the team move some money around to offer him a band aid-style contract solution. His 2014 salary went from $5 million to $6.5 million .In the last few weeks, the Seahawksmade an offer for much more. That said, Lynch is an enigma. Sources close to him have said for months that if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl he could retire. Perhaps tonight there will be some answers.

that's insane money and probs terms for a aging rb, although would love to see him stay with the hawks for a few more seasons

WR Kevin Norwood inactive. Being that only 5 WRs are on the active roster now, and Bryan Walters is basically a return guy, expect a lot of 2 TE sets and lots and lots of running plays.

Also, Girl's Name is active. Looks like he might actually get a carry or three.

The more I thought about it, I should not be too surprised with Norwood being inactive. Guys with the name of Norwood....in Superbowls....ummmmm.....not good.

Now Seattle fans feel like Green Bay fans. :first:

:lol:

...Marshawn Lynch trots onto the field during the fight...

"I'm just here to get fined."

:lol: :lol:

I was pulling for ya. I gotta imagine Pete has some explaining to do. And you may not have a chance to sign lynch after denying him a gimmee game winning TD

Fart in the wind, as Ron Wolf would say

Seattle didn't deserve to be there anyways so there should be no crying

Gonna have to pay Russell like and elite quarterback and he clearly is not. That will have a trickle down effect on the rest of the team in the salary cap era.... It's all downhill from here.

It was fun while it lasted :lol:

Wow that was a hell of a season for the Hawks! It's a shame it ended that way. Here is to getting a new OC next year who realizes Lynch is the BEST running back in football.

• Like 1

Wow that was a hell of a season for the Hawks! It's a shame it ended that way. Here is to getting a new OC next year who realizes Lynch is the BEST running back in football.

I've been a lynch fan now going on 4 years. I love the way he plays and it's fun watching him run. That being said glad the patriots won. But that last play should have been another run by lynch. Patriots couldn't stop him. Bad call but can't change it now

Petey fawks up everything he's ever touched. He's the turd Midas. He will do the same this year. And Seahawks fans know it. Can't wait to see him fail and blame others. Book it now.

Nailed it. Couldn't happen to a bigger doosh bag than Pete Carrol. Poetic justice at its Fawking best.

Nailed it. Couldn't happen to a bigger doosh bag than Pete Carrol. Poetic justice at its Fawking best.

Have to admit; good call. And it was OBVIOUS in that last interview the arrogance which is Pete Carroll. He thought that TD was preordained; it didn't even OCCUR to him that they could fock it up with an INT.

World class jackass.

I couldn't believe that hoodie was letting the clock wind before the INT. Ended up being a brilliant move. He trusted his defense.

Seahawks (including Wilson) played a heck of a game...particularly considering how the injuries were mounting in their defensive backfield.

Not running Lynch from the one yard line is unfathomable to me. He has been the rock all year, and doesn't fumble. He was running in certified Beast Mode the play before and was hungry. You gotta think he gets a yard there on two tries. I don't get it. Trying to outsmart Master Belichick??? All I can think of. :dunno:

I couldn't believe that hoodie was letting the clock wind before the INT. Ended up being a brilliant move. He trusted his defense.

Seahawks (including Wilson) played a heck of a game...particularly considering how the injuries were mounting in their defensive backfield.

Not running Lynch from the one yard line is unfathomable to me. He has been the rock all year, and doesn't fumble. He was running in certified Beast Mode the play before and was hungry. You gotta think he gets a yard there on two tries. I don't get it. Trying to outsmart Master Belichick??? All I can think of. :dunno:

Pete Carol is the luckiest pos on the planet. Accept that fact and move on. He's not a good coach. He got lucky cheated.And is now the fraud hrs ways been.

USC is all you need to know about him. He would have had his ass handed to him by LSU or any SEC team in the mix.

Fawker ran away scraped when USC got in trouble. Biggest Possay in football....ever!

Fawking doosh Carrol is. Tonight was proof of that. Class? Doosh!!!!

you seem very bent out of shape by Pete Carroll. UCLA fan? Niner fan?

Fawking doosh Carrol is. Tonight was proof of that. Class? Doosh!!!!

You are why no one will ever respect saints fans on this bored but why start now?

you seem very bent out of shape by Pete Carroll. UCLA fan? Niner fan?

Just happy to see that doosh bag fail. He's been a fraud since his days at USC.

And for the record.... I'm an LSU fan. His short life at USC would have been cut shorter had he played an SEC team any year of his fraudulent years there.

He sh!ts everywhere he goes. Last year was a fluke. He inherited a great team and caught fire with a young QB that has more passion and live for the game than he ever has.

Pete Carrol is a doosh and everything that is wrong in professional sports coaching. He's never laid in his own bed. Watching him fail tonight was one of the funnest things I've had Privelage to watch in quite some time.

You are why no one will ever respect saints fans on this bored but why start now?

Are you on your period? Really think I give a fawk about your respect? Unreal. I sh!t respect and find humor in it more than you.

Are you on your period? Really think I give a fawk about your respect? Unreal. I sh!t respect and find humor in it more than you.

It's clear you don't seek respect. My bad...that's what your mom shakes her cans for. She's working it on the corner for your smack fix and that's impressive in my book. Props to her.

• Like 1

Absolutely correct. Carroll is making excuses and Bevell is blaming Lockette. That's right, he's blaming a 4th string, special teams demon for not running a perfect route on 1st down from the 1 YARD LINE WITH 26 seconds left! Not to mention that Lynch exists. He has been a shitty play caller for years now...I've always hated him and the silver lining in this loss is that he's publically humiliated. Please let the Hawks get another play caller. Pretty please.:.

It's clear you don't seek respect. My bad...that's what your mom shakes her cans for. She's working it on the corner for your smack fix and that's impressive in my book. Props to her.

:lol:

That's high quality smack down here there. :first: