Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

OBJ dilemma

Ok obj owners what are you doing with this situation? Of course he plays Sunday night so a decision will prob have to be made early in my situation getting a guy in the lineup for the 1oclock games and per rotoworld he's not practicing again today. This leads me to believe he's gonna sit week one which is fine, be smart I'd rather have him for the long haul than reinjure his ankle. I'm thinking of pulling him now and playing either riddick or ertz in his place. What are u guys/gals doing?

Is sterling shepard available in your league?

He is but i don't have anyone I can drop. Prob only guy I could drop is James white but not real sure if I want to do that in a ppr league for a 1 week rental player and I'd have to make that move now since white can't be dropped once he plays.

• Like 1

He is on my bench. I plugged in Thielen. I am also losing my QB to Irma so it is what it is.

I'm going to run Hogan tonight and move Beckham to my flex in one league. If he's set to play, great, and if not, I'll start both of Allen Robinson and Diggs instead of just one of them.

In another larger league, I've moved him to the flex and will swap in Randall Cobb or some generic 3rd down back like Gio if he sits.

Ok obj owners what are you doing with this situation? Of course he plays Sunday night so a decision will prob have to be made early in my situation getting a guy in the lineup for the 1oclock games and per rotoworld he's not practicing again today. This leads me to believe he's gonna sit week one which is fine, be smart I'd rather have him for the long haul than reinjure his ankle. I'm thinking of pulling him now and playing either riddick or ertz in his place. What are u guys/gals doing?

always play your studs.

No exceptions unless you see him limping during the pregame warmup.

You don't play your studs if they aren't playing.

I think he's a sit this week.

You don't play your studs if they aren't playing.

I think he's a sit this week.

I thought they announced that he will play.

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Odell didn't practice today (Thursday). For the second consecutive day, Beckham participated in stretching and warm-ups before heading to a side field with a trainer. Beckham ran sprints at about 75 percent exertion, only in a straight line. Beckham has not been seen cutting during the portions of practice open to the media. That will be a major hurdle for Beckham before he can be cleared for Sunday's game.

There's a video of him running. No cutting though.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/09/giants-cowboys_injury_report_wr_odell_beckham_does.html

Haven't seen anything that says he's playing for sure.

He has three days to heal so be patient. If you don't have a Monday night WR that you can substitute in, you may have to sit Odell if no conclusive word before 1:00

He's had two weeks and he's still not ready.

He doesn't sound very comforting about playing this week, and if he does he would be very limited.

My thinking is even if he plays I think he's going to be limited. As a owner I hope he takes the weekend off and heals the thing. I don't want this situation to stick around all year long. Does anybody want to weigh in on my situation: I'm thinking of sitting OBJ and I could pick up and play Robby Anderson, Thielen or Shephard and play one. Thoughts? Or I could put OBJ in lineup and pickup Thielen or Latavious Murray and plug one in if OBJ doesn't suit up because they play Monday night. Or I could plug in Lagarret Blount into a flex and just sit OBJ. Thoughts anyone, and yes it's a PPR league.

Thielen I like more in a ppr.

Non ppr I like Ginn.

• Like 1

My thinking is even if he plays I think he's going to be limited. As a owner I hope he takes the weekend off and heals the thing. I don't want this situation to stick around all year long. Does anybody want to weigh in on my situation: I'm thinking of sitting OBJ and I could pick up and play Robby Anderson, Thielen or Shephard and play one. Thoughts? Or I could put OBJ in lineup and pickup Thielen or Latavious Murray and plug one in if OBJ doesn't suit up because they play Monday night. Or I could plug in Lagarret Blount into a flex and just sit OBJ. Thoughts anyone, and yes it's a PPR league.

A couple years ago, all-world receiver Calvin Johnson had a high ankle sprain, and he would promise us he was going to play and and he would get some snaps; but all he wound up doing was being a decoy. This went on for 2-3 weeks and I wish I had started substitutes from the very beginning.

Listed as questionable.

I wouldn't start him, even even if he does suite up he's not going to be himself.

Make sure you put him in your Flex spot if you can to give you more options if he sits out. That'll give you 6 teams of WR, RB, TE to put in for him if you don't have someone rostered just in case.

• Like 1

I rather he sit because if this thing lingers we are all screwed for what I assume is most of our number 1 pick.