Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL 2018

Hawks blew a golden opportunity to not only dump $9m in Cap space, but pick up a 2nd in return.

But as a consolation prize: they get to stay on the hook for that $9m, not get (what's going to be a good) 2nd round pick, they get to watch ET sit on the sidelines hopping around in a cast while the season rolls on w/out him..........AND Seattle gets to watch ET walk out the door next year in FA............well done.

I read they were holding out for two 2nd rounders. No chance in hell that was happening. Hawks got what they deserved and ET was right to flip them off on his way to the locker room.

• Like 1

I read they were holding out for two 2nd rounders. No chance in hell that was happening. Hawks got what they deserved and ET was right to flip them off on his way to the locker room.

Yea here in Dallas - word is they wanted a 1st.. Dallas initially offered a 3rd, then bumped it up to a 2nd... Damn glad that deal didn't go down.

do you know how obnoxious I am going to be through the Mahomes dynasty years? :banana: :banana: :banana:

kordell Stewart, culpepper, Vick and Kaepernick fans felt the same way at some point too.

Yea here in Dallas - word is they wanted a 1st.. Dallas initially offered a 3rd, then bumped it up to a 2nd... Damn glad that deal didn't go down.

Dallas is killing it! Glory days are back!

Welcome to the new NFL.......

7 games opened for week 5 with projected totals in the 50's and the KC/Jax has yet to be posted on Scores and Odds,don't know about you guys but I'm fairly certain this is a first ever.

Welcome to the new NFL.......

7 games opened for week 5 with projected totals in the 50's and the KC/Jax has yet to be posted on Scores and Odds,don't know about you guys but I'm fairly certain this is a first ever.

Turn on a random N.F.L. game. Watch one play. Was it a pass? Yeah, we thought so.
The days of short, “three yards and a cloud of dust” yardage are long over. And it has become even more of a pass-happy league this season.
(All statistics below are through Sunday’s games.)
Quarterbacks have passed for 400 yards in a game 12 times already. With only four weeks in the books, Kirk Cousins of the Minnesota Vikings has done it twice. Tampa Bay’s Ryan Fitzpatrick — Ryan Fitzpatrick! —has done it three times.
At this point last season it had happened only once. And by the end of the season it happened only eight times, never more than once by the same quarterback.
Coming into this season, over a 133-game N.F.L. career, Fitzpatrick had thrown just once for 400 yards: to be precise, 402 yards in a game in 2013.
Jared Goff of the Los Angeles Rams has this season’s biggest game with 465 yards against the Vikings on Thursday night. That exceeded his previous career high by more than 100 yards. Andrew Luck of the Indianapolis Colts nearly matched him, throwing for 464 against the Houston Texans on Sunday. That was his career high as well.
The league is averaging 256 yards passing per game. Last season it was 224, more than 30 yards fewer. Ten years ago it was 211. Twenty years ago it was 205.
In a typical game this season, teams threw 36 times and ran 25 times, a 59 percent passing rate. Last season it was 56 percent. Ten years ago it was 54 percent. Twenty years ago it was 53 percent.
Quarterbacks have thrown for five or more touchdowns in a game four times. Goff and Matt Ryan have games with five touchdowns. Mitch Trubisky of the Chicago Bears and Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs have games with six touchdowns. Last season only Tom Brady and Deshaun Watson of the Texans threw five touchdowns in a game, once each. No one threw six.
Trubisky’s previous career high was two touchdowns, in Week 2 this season. His career high coming into the season was one. Coming into this season Mahomes had played only one game, with no touchdowns.
Eleven quarterbacks are averaging 300 yards a game. Last season none did. Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers has 354 yards per game after having 283 last season. His career high is 328.
It’s quality, not just quantity. What if we take into account how many passes quarterbacks passes throw, and penalize them for their interceptions? It turns out they’re still great this season.
Mahomes, Goff and Fitzpatrick all have an adjusted yards per attempt figure over 10. Last year the highest figure among regular starters was Alex Smith’s 8.59.
Only six players have finished a season over 10 in league history, and two of those, Sid Luckman and Otto Graham, played in the 1940s.
But not every quarterback can be Sid Luckman. The rookie Josh Allen is averaging 167 yards a game for the Buffalo Bills, and Tyrod Taylor of the Cleveland Browns is at 154. Before being benched in Arizona, Sam Bradford of the Cardinals was averaging 133.
And no matter how many great passers there are these days, there is always someone to bring down the average. Nathan Peterman only made it through two and a half quarters in Game 1 for the Bills before being benched, presumably permanently. He threw 18 times. Those passes gained 24 yards.
  • Like 1

Dallas is killing it! Glory days are back!

No we still suck.. But I'm not in denial... I'm hoping for loses.

The preseason talk of 'watch out for NY' and 'this offense is going to keep coordinators up at night' is still making my sides hurt... I have to get it in now though - bcoz it looks like you guys suck so bad, you're actually going to get another bite at the apple. Damn the luck, but you're actually going to get another top pick. Surely you guys can't botch it again.

No we still suck.. But I'm not in denial... I'm hoping for loses.

The preseason talk of 'watch out for NY' and 'this offense is going to keep coordinators up at night' is still making my sides hurt... I have to get it in now though - bcoz it looks like you guys suck so bad, you're actually going to get another bite at the apple. Damn the luck, but you're actually going to get another top pick. Surely you guys can't botch it again.

Yeah. I knew we were in trouble after the Dallas game. Eli has torn them up so many, many times . Was disheartening. I remember one time with the division on the line in the last game of the year he went nuts. Romo not so much. Then again it was a big game. You know how those usually went for Tony.

I'll settle this. Giants and Cowboys both suck. :thumbsup:

Wow. 1992 is even worse than 1996. Plus, only 3? Get back to us when you get the fourth. Until then stick to making fun of the Eagles and their one little itty bitty trophy.

Wow. 1992 is even worse than 1996. Plus, only 3? Get back to us when you get the fourth. Until then stick to making fun of the Eagles and their one little itty bitty trophy.

4 is a magic number for the Gspots, that would be more wins than they had last year. Magic 8 Ball says outlook not so good.

4 is a magic number for the Gspots, that would be more wins than they had last year. Magic 8 Ball says outlook not so good.

I laughed. It's funny, because it's true.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Funny when it was done 10 years ago... Chiefs fans are generally a bit behind the times though so this is probably cutting edge to them.

#stillmad

Yeah. I knew we were in trouble after the Dallas game. Eli has torn them up so many, many times . Was disheartening. I remember one time with the division on the line in the last game of the year he went nuts. Romo not so much. Then again it was a big game. You know how those usually went for Tony.

Eli certainly enjoyed a lot of success in Dallas......... But from a qb standpoint, Romo was just as good - certainly had no problems hanging points himself.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00/gamelog/?opp_id=dal

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00/gamelog/?opp_id=nyg

:mad: Chiefs fans are generally a bit behind the times though

#stillmad

We know that Mahomes knocked Manning off for most td passes in first 3 games :wave:

We know that Mahomes knocked Manning off for most td passes in first 3 games :wave:

Yeah, the Andy Reid Chiefs often win September. Lets see how January and February go.

Yeah, the Andy Reid Chiefs often win September. Lets see how January and February go.

Even as a Titans fan surely you'll admit your team got a gift from Triplette last January. Forward progress stopped going backwards :doh:

Even as a Titans fan surely you'll admit your team got a gift from Triplette last January. Forward progress stopped going backwards :doh:

Oh, we had no business winning that game. I was actually rooting for the loss, as I wanted the crap coach fired. As luck would have it, I got the win and the firing.

Im just saying. Reed has a long history of choke jobs when it counts. Last year the chiefs were, like this year, the toast of the league early. Then stumbled down the stretch, limped into the playoffs, and choked. This was far from the first time.

Frankly, unless it affects my titans, I tend to root for you guys. You are also a long suffering, small market team. Fock the pats and the Steelers and the broncos, and double Fock the ravens.

Best of luck to you. I hope youre the number 2 seed and lose only in the afccg in Nashville. :cheers:

Oh, we had no business winning that game. I was actually rooting for the loss, as I wanted the crap coach fired. As luck would have it, I got the win and the firing.

Im just saying. Reed has a long history of choke jobs when it counts. Last year the chiefs were, like this year, the toast of the league early. Then stumbled down the stretch, limped into the playoffs, and choked. This was far from the first time.

Frankly, unless it affects my titans, I tend to root for you guys. You are also a long suffering, small market team. Fock the pats and the Steelers and the broncos, and double Fock the ravens.

Best of luck to you. I hope youre the number 2 seed and lose only in the afccg in Nashville. :cheers:

My friend it's much more than just Andy Reid,sometimes I wonder if Hunt didn't sell his soul to the union mob to get Arrowhead completed back in the early 70's when the city was all but shut down by a strike.

Good luck to you as well.

My friend it's much more than just Andy Reid,sometimes I wonder if Hunt didn't sell his soul to the union mob to get Arrowhead completed back in the early 70's when the city was all but shut down by a strike.

Good luck to you as well.

Lol. Yeah, sounds like many a postgame rant for the titans too.

Except nobody at espn gives enough of a crap about us to air such rants.

Every game we win, the story is always, whats wrong with the (insert team name)?

We saw the Chiefs 1st game against a real defense. Twas remarkably different than the previous 3. They have 9 games against legit teams coming up. Plus 2 against the Raiders, who I feel are just getting better and better. Brutal schedule.

We saw the Chiefs 1st game against a real defense. Twas remarkably different than the previous 3. They have 9 games against legit teams coming up. Plus 2 against the Raiders, who I feel are just getting better and better. Brutal schedule.

This week against Jax is shaping up to be a good old fashioned mud bowl as thunderstorms are forecast throughout the game.

Mahomes is on fire right now. So was Carr in 2016. Again, get back to me after he gets punched in the mouth.

And Carr one of four QB's on pace to break Mannings record. If he can just get over the jitters and throw TD's instead of picks, we are in business. If not, hey we got an out on his contract after this year and we got a sh!t ton of first rounders and cap space to try and find another guy lol :D

NFL admits the refs screwed Cleveland on a fumble recovery.

-------------------

New York Jets defensive coordinator. Doesn't sound good.

Mahomes is on fire right now. So was Carr in 2016. Again, get back to me after he gets punched in the mouth.

And Carr one of four QB's on pace to break one of Mannings record. If he can just get over the jitters and throw TD's instead of picks, we are in business. If not, hey we got an out on his contract after this year and we got a sh!t ton of first rounders and cap space to try and find another guy lol :D

FYP,I was referring to the td record in the first three weeks which is now Mahomes record.

If I had told you that the Steelers, Vikings, Packers and Browns would all have the same record (2-2-1) after Week 5, would you have believed it?

If I had told you that the Steelers, Vikings, Packers and Browns would all have the same record (2-2-1) after Week 5, would you have believed it?

If a Vegas book had odds on that $10 would've made you a rich man.

I would of asked for a pitcher of what you were drinking.

All better records then my Giants

Falcons in the sh!tter too.

Honestly, aside from all the other reasons weve menitoned ad nauseum (stupid penalties, etc.) the NFL just isnt interesting anymore. Just a huge mash of mediocrity. There really are not many good teams. Maybe 3-4 per year.

NFL is brutal to watch

NFL is brutal to watch

not if you live in the KC market :banana:

don't worry the entire world can watch the holy one kick brady's ass next week :banana:

Vegas must be killing it this year. One week it's all dogs, all chalk the next. There is not a team in the NFL that is even slightly predictable against the spread.

Abbott & Costello strike again!

A Houston team that has been giving up 27 pts. a game - Red & Linehan manage to put up a 16 spot. :rolleyes:

And in one of the biggest poosay moves in Red's tenure, he doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 - kicks it away, and gets beat. :wall: .......:lol:

And in one of the biggest poosay moves in Red's tenure, he doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 - kicks it away, and gets beat. :wall: ....... :lol:

If ever there was a time to go for it, that was it. Although Garrett really can't make a good decision, so they probably wouldn't have made it either way.

Abbott & Costello strike again!

A Houston team that has been giving up 27 pts. a game - Red & Linehan manage to put up a 16 spot. :rolleyes:

And in one of the biggest poosay moves in Red's tenure, he doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 - kicks it away, and gets beat. :wall: .......:lol:

The Giants beat Houston

The Giants beat Houston

Ha, that's what I'm saying! This ass clown organization is a joke... Red must have naked pics of not only Jerry - but of him and Jerry blowing each other.