Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The hourly income you need to afford rent around the U.S.

This is a non-issue for the most part. Almost no one makes minimum wage. Even in the poorer Texas communities you see gas stations starting out people at 10 dollars an hour. Raising minimum wage too high would only cause inflation and would not help anyone.

Homelessness has gone down significantly in America. Increased access to housing for the poor has actually been one of the major accomplishments of America over the last few decades. No where in that article does it mention that, instead it paints a doom and gloom picture because that gets the headlines.

This is a good point. Even the fast food restaurants in my area start at over $10/hour now.

How much do I need to make if I just want a big enough kitchen to make pizza and a dishwasher for cleanup afterward?

I don't think I could have made it on my own when I was earning minimum wage, living with my parents either.

I don't think I could have made it on my own when I was earning minimum wage, living with my parents either.

But my God how did you escape this?

you think he lost all his teeth from washing dishes?

started slingin

Wages are fine if you have a desirable skillet. If you aren't making enough improve your skillset. That's the difference between people who look at working as a job versus a career.

My skillets are junk.

Any brand names you recommend?

• Like 1

My skillets are junk.

Any brand names you recommend?

That's what happens when you're sick and posting from a phone. Fock off. Seriously. :angry:

That's what happens when you're sick and posting from a phone. Fock off. Seriously. :angry:

Don't let filthy catch ya posting that way

You generally strike me as one of the more reasonable conservatives. So I'll ask a question.

First, in a vacuum, I would agree with you.

But would you agree that the wealthy interests, however you wish to define that, have pretty well stacked the deck at this point? They own the government. The media. The banks. Mom and pop business has largely died to big boxes and chains.

I just don't think you can pretend we live in a true capitalism, where there is true competition anymore. Dog eat dog doesn't work if some of the dogs have machine guns and the ability to use them.

Bad metaphor, but you get it.

:thumbsup:

Fantastic post

Puerto Rico here I come! :banana: :banana:

Newbie pays rent. What are his thoughts?

Where in Philly do you live and what is the rent Newbie? Looks like a decent 1br in a good Philly neighborhood is $1500 min these days.

Where in Philly do you live and what is the rent Newbie? Looks like a decent 1br in a good Philly neighborhood is $1500 min these days.

Did Newbie post here and delete it? I did a quick scroll and didn't see him post in this thread. Also I thought he lived in the Allentown/Bethlehem area. :dunno:

Did Newbie post here and delete it? I did a quick scroll and didn't see him post in this thread. Also I thought he lived in the Allentown/Bethlehem area. :dunno:

No, HT was just thinking about him again. :wub:

I am unfamiliar with that area but I've worked with people from out that way. Rents in Philly have exploded. I am very glad to be a homeowner here.

No, HT was just thinking about him again. :wub:

I am unfamiliar with that area but I've worked with people from out that way. Rents in Philly have exploded. I am very glad to be a homeowner here.

I pay nothing to live in your head 24/7. It's RMFF!

I pay nothing to live in your head 24/7. It's RMFF!

I stop by today and you're on post 190 in a thread. :mellow:

I stop by today and you're on post 190 in a thread. :mellow:

You're not helping yourself. Lol. RMFF! 👮🏻

You're not helping yourself. Lol. RMFF! 👮🏻

190 posts, dude. :mellow:

You may now have the last word. Unlike you I go to sleep sometimes. :wave:

Can Newbie gives us some insight on this renting thing?